Integration Developer II - Messaging / Websphere
The Integration Developer II (Messaging) reports directly to the Integration Practice Lead. Responsible for developing and maintaining Integration solutions for Enterprise Applications using a variety of technologies, tools, and techniques. The ideal candidate will have experience working with Integration platforms such as IBM WebSphere, TIBCO, or similar suites, and with SOA and Web Services. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience and working knowledge of Software Engineering, the Software Development Life Cycle, and Systems Integration using languages such as XML, Java, and PL/SQL.
The Integration Developer II will work with internal teams and third parties to develop and support high quality integration solutions, following best practices, and industry standards. The successful candidate will have ownership of and accountability for deliverables that meet the objectives and standards of our company; they will operate in a strong team-based environment, on two or more projects simultaneously.
· Gain a detailed understanding of the business’ systems and interactions from the standpoints of architecture, design, technology, processes, and constraints.
· Understand business problems in order to develop creative, innovative and practical solutions to deliver high quality services to the business.
· Become a key member of the Integration Practice by working cooperatively within the team and collaboratively with associated teams. They will gain expertise and learn from the team, and will share their own knowledge and expertise accordingly.
· Develop, document, and maintain high quality EAI solutions based on appropriate Reference Architectures, Solution Building Blocks, Service Definitions and Patterns, based on IBM WebSphere or TIBCO.
· Have a clear understanding of company policy and standards, become an advocate and defender of such standards, and provide feedback to the EAI Center of Excellence to evolve in the spirit of continual improvement.
Required Skills and Experience
Minimum of 5 years in an IT/Software Engineering role preferably with the last 2 of those immersed in Integration-specific technology development.
Proven experience and success in significant Integration projects using message-based middleware and database technologies.
Experience as a key member of implementation teams through full project life cycle, design, development, delivery, support, and maintenance.
Strong knowledge of EAI, process design/modeling (e.g. Visio, Provision), implementation concepts, and industry/technology trends.
· Capable of working in a fast-paced team-oriented environment with minimal supervision.
· Great communication (written and verbal), organizational, and troubleshooting skills.
Technical Architecture experience an asset.
Desired Technical Skills:
Experience of IBM WebSphere: Integration Bus (Message Broker), MQ (Message Queuing), ESB (Enterprise Service Bus), or other message-based technology – in descending order of preference.
XML Programming: XML, XSL, XSLT, XPATH, XSD.
Languages and APIs: Java, JMS, ESQL, WSDL/SOAP/REST, Shell Script.
Database (application-side): PL/SQL, Oracle/SQL Server, JDBC/ODBC
Experience of Eclipse, CVS, and Continuous Integration would be an asset.
Experience of TIBCO would be an asset: Business Works, Integration Manager, Adapters, HAWK.
· Builds Trust and Credibility by consistently adhering to the organization’s business principles and values. Is seen as direct, truthful, and trustworthy by co-workers, vendors, and customers.
· Committed to results by taking personal responsibility for achieving mutually agreed upon individual/team objectives wearing multiple hats as required.
· Demonstrates a desire to help and serve internal/external customers to meet their needs. Is proactive, responsive, and focused on discovering, anticipating, and exceeding the customer’s needs.
· Works collaboratively and cooperatively with others to achieve shared goals and objectives. Considers the wider team, function, banner or the organization and takes action or makes decisions which support the success of those groups.
· Recovers quickly after change, disruptions, or mistakes and can remain productive and focused. Is adaptable and can apply lessons learned in one situation to another situation.
· Retail experience/knowledge would be an asset
Academic / Educational requirements
Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related area of expertise