A Place For Mom Employee Reviews

A GREAT Work from Home Job
Senior Living Advisor (Current Employee) –  Home!June 18, 2016
I have worked for this company over 8 years. i LOVE working from home. This is a 40 hour a week job so yes, you do have to work. I disagree that you have to work 70 hours for this job. If you work that many hours (you need approval for overtime), you will make significantly more money. That being said, the job is great, helping people!

You work directly with families to find them care options. You have a quota that increases yearly and if you work hard, you can make good money for a great job. My direct manager is wonderful and my co-workers are the best, very willing to help swap shifts, etc.

The hardest part of the job is that you need to figure out how to get the work done and advance the sale. If you are good at this, this isn't that hard.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the reward of helping families and getting rewarded for that financially.

I wish the benefits were a little better.
But overall, I LOVE my job and if you are the right person, this could be your DREAM JOB.
Pros
BEST WORK @ HOME JOB EVER, Very flexible
Cons
Not the best benefits at this time, weekend hours
Overall good Company
Senior Living Adviser (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 22, 2015
You are tethered to your desk but that desk is at home! There is sales pressure, but that is with all sales positions. Overall great job, way better then working in communities and better work/life balance since you only work 40 hours. Some evenings and some weekends but nothing like my life was like before. Great culture and support from peers and home office.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Not getting to see the seniors you help
Work at home helping families navigate the senior landscape, finding the best solutions typically for their parents
Senior Advisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 25, 2015
Typical day, long hours 12
What I learned, everything about Senior Needs
Good Management
Great co-workers
Long hours, typically 70 hr per week
Most enjoyable part.....HELPING SENIORS & THEIR FAMILIES
Pros
Helping families find great solutions for their parents
Cons
Way to many work hours-70 week.
Sales and quantity are paramount to quality.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 14, 2015
Service provided is critical in the senior housing arena. External customers are treated well however partner communities don't often receive the due diligence they deserve.

Process and expectation changes are done without context, planning, or statistical backing. Although they consider experience when hiring, they pay well below market value. Leadership is reluctant to utilize said experience which leads to employee morale and fulfillment issues.

I would only recommend applying here at a Director (or above) level; compensation and fulfillment plateaus.
Pros
Flexible work schedule and nice corporate location.
Cons
Poor benefits options, minimal 401K matching, below market pay, leadership is insecure and "too busy" to address morale concerns.
calm outbound call center
Eldercare Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 22, 2015
Called customers requesting information about senior care/housing in their area. Would find appropriate adviser in customers area and connect call.
After working here for a year and being a top dog, they cut me without giving me my commissions
senior ex (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJune 19, 2015
Amy the regional manager has to be the worst RM in THEE world. This job is a great job but management has no skills, no insight, NO BRAINS to run these organizations...
Pros
free lunch at the end of month....2 slices of pizza nothing more
Cons
Management was uneducated buffoons
Fast growing, rapidly changing Eldercare Referral Service. Great opportunity for long term career.
Washington Partner Liaison (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 7, 2015
A typical day is non-stop busy, but in a good way. The company has a learning module site - so there is the opportunity to learn a lot about business in general and Elder Care in particular. Management is constantly poling staff to see how their approach is being received. Co workers are the top of the line - all very smart people. Hardest part of the job might be commute/parking if you work at corporate. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing what a positive impact you are having on the senior population.
Pros
Strong emphasis on positive culture.
Cons
Rapid change - if you can embrace change - this is the place for you!
Great Position
Senior Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 14, 2015
Good pay, nice benefits, and fairly easy work-load. Days started by returned calls to requested inquiries from the night before, whilst handling incoming calls.

I learned the geography of the U.S. a bit better, as well as pronunciations.

Management was pretty laid back, not too "intimidating." As long as you worked well and performed your duties accordingly, they were okay with it.
Inside sales - from home
Eldercare Advisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 15, 2014
Selling senior placement while families are in a crisis mode looking for placing loved one in long term care. I learned this is a pushing type of sale to families that are in a very emotional & desperate position with loved ones that are declining in health.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
attached to a 4' phone cord in home office, low pay
Very welcoming and happy company life
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 19, 2014
Although only a contract job, this company was very nice and welcoming. Management was very aware of how the company operated and allowed for high confidence in my job. Lot of work and data entry, but the company provided some great ways to make it enjoyable.
Low job security
Support (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 13, 2014
I wouldn't recommend this company at all. They are all about the money and not really helping the families. They make corporate decisions and leave people without a job. The call center just recently got outsourced. Very sad to see how they really don't care about their workers. Very bad experience
Pros
fun activities
Cons
frequent internal changes, pretty scary!
What a mess!
Senior Living Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 11, 2014
Awful company. Stay away. Just wait until you leave a they rip you off on your bonus, don't pay you vacation, and just fight you on everything.
Young Company Experiencing Growing Pains
Senior Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 30, 2014
The pay is above average but the work culture is one of low morale. Expectations change every day, procedures change constantly and management style is draconian- they will even limit your time in the bathroom and monitor while you are there!
Pros
view of lake union
Cons
tendency towards punishing the worker.
Wonderful break room with lots of amentities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 29, 2014
Call center environment, first of contact, knowledge of time zones, knowledge of advance care homes, VA benefits, private insurance, learned to be very patient and a great listener. Was selected to provide input on our new database. Hardest part of my job was learning that a family member had passed away.
Pros
every friday lunch was provided
Cons
placement of loved ones
Unethical
Advisor (Former Employee) –  SeattleJune 17, 2014
Unprofessional and impersonal. Horrible business model and profit driven.
Cons
more than i can list
A Place for Mom
Senior Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 30, 2014
Great Campaign, Sad to see it go. I loved this job. I was able to have a job where I felt fulfilled, because I was helping people.
Good company
Community Relations Advisor (Current Employee) –  californiaMarch 10, 2014
Working here is good. I enjoy it. I really don't know what else to say. It's a good company.
Great coworkers, fun classes during training, helping families in need
Sr. Living Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FlJanuary 31, 2014
Excellent training qualities. Management needs improvement. The most enjoyable part of the job, was getting to help families in need of the right living facility for their loved ones.
good company
recruiter (Current Employee) –  seattle, WAJanuary 23, 2014
good company culture, lots of growth, innovative, flexible
Run away
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  TexasNovember 4, 2013
They will feed you a giant bowl of lies. Trust me, you are expendable.