A Place For Mom

A Place For Mom Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Young Company Experiencing Growing Pains
Senior Resource Coordinator (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: view of lake union
Cons: tendency towards punishing the worker.
The pay is above average but the work culture is one of low morale. Expectations change every day, procedures change constantly and management style is draconian- they will even limit your time in the bathroom and monitor while you are there!
Wonderful break room with lots of amentities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: every friday lunch was provided
Cons: placement of loved ones
Call center environment, first of contact, knowledge of time zones, knowledge of advance care homes, VA benefits, private insurance, learned to be very patient and a great listener. Was selected to provide input on our new database. Hardest part of my job was learning that a family member had passed away.
Unethical
Advisor (Former Employee), SeattleJune 17, 2014
Cons: more than i can list
Unprofessional and impersonal. Horrible business model and profit driven.
A Place for Mom
Senior Resource Coordinator (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 30, 2014
Great Campaign, Sad to see it go. I loved this job. I was able to have a job where I felt fulfilled, because I was helping people.
Good company
Community Relations Advisor (Current Employee), californiaMarch 10, 2014
Working here is good. I enjoy it. I really don't know what else to say. It's a good company.
Great coworkers, fun classes during training, helping families in need
Sr. Living Advisor (Former Employee), Pensacola, FlJanuary 31, 2014
Excellent training qualities. Management needs improvement. The most enjoyable part of the job, was getting to help families in need of the right living facility for their loved ones.
good company
recruiter (Current Employee), seattle, WAJanuary 23, 2014
good company culture, lots of growth, innovative, flexible
Run away
Account Representative (Former Employee), TexasNovember 4, 2013
They will feed you a giant bowl of lies. Trust me, you are expendable.
great job working from home. perfect for someone with children
Sales Representative/Eldercare Advisor (Former Employee), Chalfont, PAOctober 30, 2013
Pros: working from home
a lot of flexibility. straight commission job so the harder you work the more you earn.
Tough to make a living
Eldercare Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Placentia, CA 92870October 4, 2013
Loved this corporation - loved the training and working at home 4 days a week. Stayed a year - but the pay was turning out to be less than $24,000.00 per year and I just could not afford to stay. I do understand that they have changed this past year.
Great work at home career!
Senior living advisor (Current Employee), NJJuly 23, 2013
Pros: work from home, flexible schedule, helping people
Cons: benefits
This company has been very impressive since I started. The training is outstanding and the management is wonderful. This is really a great opportunity to feel great about what you do. Our customers are so thankful for our services and the job is very rewarding.
A Place for Mom
Senior Care Resource Coordinator (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 29, 2013
Pros: good bonuses - immediate payouts
Cons: lack of guidance, vision and professionalism
A start-up call center that does not have all of their business plan mapped out. Everyone is "playing it by ear" and the employees are the ones who feel the pain.
Lots of change! VERY often.
Senior Resource Coordinator (Former Employee), Seattle, WAApril 23, 2013
Pros: flexibility.
Cons: no one knows anything, because it changes so often!
This was a nice company to work for, I like what they do and how they do it. But, the frequency in change was too often. No matter how long you've been working here, you're still not caught up on all the changes. Now change is good. But literally, if you simply walk to the bathroom then back to your desk, a change has been made.
Great People to work with
Senior Resource Coordinator (Current Employee), Seattle, WAApril 16, 2013
Pros: a lot of over time
Cons: pay
This job is your typical call center. We call families at certain times and a couple times a day depending on area and response. We connect them with advisors who assist them in finding a community for themselves or a loved one. The management is very nice and they speak with you with an open door. The co-workers are great and very helpful. The hardest – more... part of the job is when families are upset of us calling, or hearing when family members have passed away. I do enjoy being able to assist families during a hard part in their life and helping them feel like there are people to help them. – less
Productive and very gratifying with top technology
Senior Living Advisor (Current Employee), Work from homeNovember 12, 2012
Pros: work from home
Cons: sometimes work more hours than i should & work alone
Great Company, work on your own times with few on call hours. Number One company in Senior Living Placement
A Company I Regret Working For
Eldercare Advisor (Sales & Marketing) (Former Employee), NCOctober 14, 2012
Seriously research them before you consider employment. Salary, work ethics, fairness and management are concerns. Draw + commission doesn't work to your benefit.
Feels great helping people
Senior Resource Coordinator (Current Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 8, 2012
A Place for Mom is a place to feel good at the end of the day with the work you have done helping families.
High pressure to sell, but nice to work from home
Eldercare Advisor (Former Employee), New JerseyMay 17, 2012
When I worked there, I LOVED MY JOB. I enjoyed working with families, giving them much needed information and the reward of helping a family find the right place for a parent was beyond monetary.
However, the financial balance is tipped in favor of the company - your commission percentages are based on your month's sales, although the company continues – more... to receive the same fee (albeit with more since your share is less...). And as much as it is inferred that what's best for the family is best for the company, when a family takes a "subscription" option, not only do you get only a set fee (of a few hundred $$'s at best), it doesn't count towards your quota for the month, although you worked just as hard to help that family as any others. I can see a possibility of pushing for the assisting living option, even though Mom or Dad would be perfectly fine at home.

I understand they are going to a salary + commission model now, and although that would seem better, I also understand that the quotas will be quite a bit higher (and that "subscription" options still won't count!).

My coworkers were wonderful, warm people, some of whom I continue to keep in touch with, my direct management was stellar.

Working at home is a blessing and a curse. Great to be home, tough when you are close to quota deadline so you end up working 12 hour days.

I'm glad I'm out. – less
treat their employees badly
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 15, 2012
Company has a 70% turn over in advisors--need I say more. Expectations of basically bothering potential clients to the point that they don't want to talk with you. Concept of company good but the way they company goes about it is terrible
Rapidly Growing Company
Corporate Employee (Current Employee), Seattle, WAApril 20, 2012
Pros: telecommuting, free snacks, and a great view from the corporate office.
Cons: healthcare benefits
Since being bought by Warburg Pincus APFM has learned a lot about the changing eldercare industry as well as how to better utilize their talented employees. With the decision the split the Eldercare Advisor role into 3 separate positions the company is now running more efficiently than ever, while being to expand at rapid rates.

About A Place For Mom

As the nation's largest senior living referralservice, A Place for Mom, Inc. (APFM) is a high growth, fast paced company focused – Read more

A Place For Mom Photos