A Place For Mom Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Eldercare Advisor (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MD15 January 2018
Very structured workplace environment. Understands the market, and gives you the tools to succeed. Great company to get your start in the Long Term Care/Senior Services Industry.
Great team, great company, important service
Community Relations Advisor (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WI12 January 2018
I enjoyed working at A Place for Mom and being part of Team Mid-Best. I liked what I did for them, it was such a rewarding experience.

If you ever have the opportunity to work for APFM DO IT!
Great Experience
Senior Living Advisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA4 January 2018
Wonderful company, great job!
Loved helping families, super team for support!
Regional was supportive and not micromanaging.
Hours were long but always busy and productive.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
It is not a lie they are the best!
Senior Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  United States3 January 2018
I got this job through Working Solutions. This company is the best!!! I have no complaints. They are organized and responsive. They are encouraging and pay so well for the job. You are paid for your time PLUS incentives. It's the best work at home experience I have every had.
Fun company culture
Account Analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA30 December 2017
Handle a high volume of calls and email. Learned how to communicate in a business setting. Specific department was fun to work with. Management is good. Minimal supervision but willing to get involved if needed
Pros
Minimal management supervision
Cons
Not much
Waste of time
Senior Living Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX19 December 2017
I started here in November, within a month 3 departments were laid off, contractors and full-time employees, and replaced by vendors, no warning and 2 weeks before Christmas. Don't waste your time here, only decent aspect was the manager reached out after the mass lay off and apologized profusely and allowed us to use him as a reference.
Pros
great manager
Cons
horrible company
Low stress, small company
Senior Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX15 December 2017
On average, it was placing a lot of outbound calls to people who had expressed interest in any of our partner websites (of which there were literally hundreds) and attempting to connect them with a Senior Living Adviser in their area who could help them find the best fit for themselves or their loved ones. Very nice environment and good cause.
Great Company to help seniors and families find housing options.
Senior Living Advisor (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA6 December 2017
This is an "hourly" position that required you to stay under 40 hours a week unless you got approval from your manager. There isn't one successful advisor who worked under 50 hours as this job required you to be on call nights and weekends and holidays. It was very high stress position as you were commissioned and evaluated on the number of move ins per month.
Very Stressful
Senior Living Advisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT29 November 2017
This is not a good work from home job. The regional manager was never available for help with things I needed. I was the only employee in Utah for the company. Getting any type of assistance was not available on a regular basis.
Great Austin Office
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX14 November 2017
Culture in office is amazing: Work hard. Get results. No micro-management. Have fun. There is a honeybadger attitude that drives innovation & autonomy. This means we are empowered to figure out new approaches and ways of doing business that drive the customer experience and / or bottom line.
The best job I've ever had!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA8 November 2017
A Place for Mom has treated me well since the first day I showed up. An outstanding workplace culture, great pay and benefits, and an operational structure that encourages an entrepreneurial spirit.

I've always had the freedom to express my thoughts and take action on my ideas. The company has been successful as a result of letting their employees take control of a project and providing help along the way.

I'm proud of the work we do at A Place for Mom, helping families who don't know what to do in difficult situations. Our Senior Living Advisors are people that genuinely care about the families and seniors they help every day.
Pros
Great culture, location, freedom, management, pay, and mission.
Cons
We help families in difficult times, so hearing about the struggles they've dealt with before contacting us can be emotional at times.
Productive and Growth Driven Environment
Manager, Sales Operations and Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA2 November 2017
A Place For Mom rewards hard work with growth opportunities and a desire to foster work life balance. The culture at A Place For Mom is living a healthy well balanced life that allows for you to be able to focus while working, and enjoy outside life while not "on the clock".
n.a
Eldercare Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH16 October 2017
a place for mom was founded to assist families in finding senior living commmunities for their loved ones. You can call and speak to a senior living advisor who can assist in those difficult decisions
Confused and inexperienced management
Community Relations Advisor (Former Employee) –  Colorado28 September 2017
Management: Many of the managers have never done the job, they are hired from the outside. This is true of local managers and senior leadership in corporate.

Pay: When you are hired you are given a target income at 100% to quota. That is your permanent income level. Each year they will raise your quota and lower your per sale commission to hit that quota. The most awful commission plan. Also, since they were just acquired again in 2017 they were told to increase profits. So now they are taking accounts from people and saying that you still have to service them but won't get paid for them.

Job Security: Non existent. There are many people on performance plans after a couple of months. Management does that so they can fire people quickly if they decide to. Management decided how many calls you get, what your territory is, and even shifts those numbers based on how they feel about you that month. Very high turnover, dozens of jobs open each month. Only a few people stay for very long.
Poor mangement and demeaning methodology
Senior Living Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pennsylvania6 September 2017
While it seems like you are going to help people, what you are really doing is hunting down referral money from desperate families that mistakenly go to A Place for Mom online not knowing the advisors typically know little more than they do.

Calls are around the clock and you are trapped in your home working here. I live in a less affluent area, so there was little chance of securing referrals and the senior housing and facilities were too depressing and offensive smelling while being expensive none the less.

Run away from this organization, they will be soul sucking, not people helping. My manger was demeaning and sarcastic, she left much to be desired from my experience with a Place for Mom. I earned next to nothing and felt like a leech on society. Most of your time is hounding people who you gave a list of facilities to and following up to see if they booked a stay for their family member, so APFM can collect on a referral fee.

Very unpleasant work.
Virtual Inside Sales
Senior Living Advisor - Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD19 August 2017
Good flexibility and good potential earnings. Company is on cutting edge of technology and number one in their category. Great training is available monthly and during annual group meeting.
Enjoyed the employment opportunities
SENIOR LIVING ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Nationwide4 August 2017
I started with the company in 2003 and continued my employment for ten and a half years. I was pleased with the support, commitment and advancement options offered to me during my employment.
Pros
Home office
Kind hearts great training
Sales Director/Senior Living Advisor Lead (Current Employee) –  Eugene, OR3 August 2017
I loved working at a place for mom but needed to relocate. They are kind and fair. Their training is excellent. They have firm but fair expectations. They are a relaxed culture and genuinly care about their employees.
Pros
Work from home options and great comission packages.
Cons
Could pay a better salary
Pay is terrible
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA26 June 2017
Dont let the work form home fool you. You are chained to your computer and headset. They are always listening. You have to work every other weekend and then can only take off on a Wed or Thursday for working those days. Some days you will have a split shift 9-12 and then 5-9. Pay is 30k per year for full time!
Pros
No office to drive to
Cons
pay
A Place for Mom- Always changing
Operations Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA25 June 2017
I have been working with this company for over 5 years, and it has changed dramatically. It is still changing, as they are branching out into different senior resources and technology. The culture is very progressive, and they seem to really care about their employees, and the community. They have team get togethers and contests all the time. The monetary compensation could be better, but we do have a lot of benefits, (401K, bonuses, PTO, incentives etc.).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Place For Mom. Our community is ready to answer.