A Place For Mom

A Place For Mom Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sales and quantity are paramount to quality.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedule and nice corporate location.
Cons: Poor benefits options, minimal 401K matching, below market pay, leadership is insecure and "too busy" to address morale concerns.
Service provided is critical in the senior housing arena. External customers are treated well however partner communities don't often receive the due diligence they deserve.

Process and expectation changes are done without context, planning, or statistical backing. Although they consider experience when hiring, they pay well below market value. Leadership is reluctant to utilize said experience which leads to employee morale and fulfillment issues.

I would only recommend applying here at a Director (or above) level; compensation and fulfillment plateaus.
calm outbound call center
Eldercare Resource Coordinator (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJune 22, 2015
Called customers requesting information about senior care/housing in their area. Would find appropriate adviser in customers area and connect call.
After working here for a year and being a top dog, they cut me without giving me my commissions
senior ex (Former Employee), Long Island, NYJune 19, 2015
Pros: free lunch at the end of month....2 slices of pizza nothing more
Cons: Management was uneducated buffoons
Amy the regional manager has to be the worst RM in THEE world. This job is a great job but management has no skills, no insight, NO BRAINS to run these organizations...
Fast growing, rapidly changing Eldercare Referral Service. Great opportunity for long term career.
Washington Partner Liaison (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMay 7, 2015
Pros: Strong emphasis on positive culture.
Cons: Rapid change - if you can embrace change - this is the place for you!
A typical day is non-stop busy, but in a good way. The company has a learning module site - so there is the opportunity to learn a lot about business in general and Elder Care in particular. Management is constantly poling staff to see how their approach is being received. Co workers are the top of the line - all very smart people. Hardest part of the job might be commute/parking if you work at corporate. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing what a positive impact you are having on the senior population.
Great Position
Senior Resource Coordinator (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 14, 2015
Good pay, nice benefits, and fairly easy work-load. Days started by returned calls to requested inquiries from the night before, whilst handling incoming calls.

I learned the geography of the U.S. a bit better, as well as pronunciations.

Management was pretty laid back, not too "intimidating." As long as you worked well and performed your duties accordingly, they were okay with it.
Inside sales - from home
Eldercare Advisor (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 15, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: attached to a 4' phone cord in home office, low pay
Selling senior placement while families are in a crisis mode looking for placing loved one in long term care. I learned this is a pushing type of sale to families that are in a very emotional & desperate position with loved ones that are declining in health.
Very welcoming and happy company life
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 19, 2014
Although only a contract job, this company was very nice and welcoming. Management was very aware of how the company operated and allowed for high confidence in my job. Lot of work and data entry, but the company provided some great ways to make it enjoyable.
Low job security
Support (Current Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 13, 2014
Pros: fun activities
Cons: frequent internal changes, pretty scary!
I wouldn't recommend this company at all. They are all about the money and not really helping the families. They make corporate decisions and leave people without a job. The call center just recently got outsourced. Very sad to see how they really don't care about their workers. Very bad experience
What a mess!
Senior Living Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIAugust 11, 2014
Awful company. Stay away. Just wait until you leave a they rip you off on your bonus, don't pay you vacation, and just fight you on everything.
Young Company Experiencing Growing Pains
Senior Resource Coordinator (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: view of lake union
Cons: tendency towards punishing the worker.
The pay is above average but the work culture is one of low morale. Expectations change every day, procedures change constantly and management style is draconian- they will even limit your time in the bathroom and monitor while you are there!
Wonderful break room with lots of amentities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: every friday lunch was provided
Cons: placement of loved ones
Call center environment, first of contact, knowledge of time zones, knowledge of advance care homes, VA benefits, private insurance, learned to be very patient and a great listener. Was selected to provide input on our new database. Hardest part of my job was learning that a family member had passed away.
Unethical
Advisor (Former Employee), SeattleJune 17, 2014
Cons: more than i can list
Unprofessional and impersonal. Horrible business model and profit driven.
A Place for Mom
Senior Resource Coordinator (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 30, 2014
Great Campaign, Sad to see it go. I loved this job. I was able to have a job where I felt fulfilled, because I was helping people.
Good company
Community Relations Advisor (Current Employee), californiaMarch 10, 2014
Working here is good. I enjoy it. I really don't know what else to say. It's a good company.
Great coworkers, fun classes during training, helping families in need
Sr. Living Advisor (Former Employee), Pensacola, FlJanuary 31, 2014
Excellent training qualities. Management needs improvement. The most enjoyable part of the job, was getting to help families in need of the right living facility for their loved ones.
good company
recruiter (Current Employee), seattle, WAJanuary 23, 2014
good company culture, lots of growth, innovative, flexible
Run away
Account Representative (Former Employee), TexasNovember 4, 2013
They will feed you a giant bowl of lies. Trust me, you are expendable.
great job working from home. perfect for someone with children
Sales Representative/Eldercare Advisor (Former Employee), Chalfont, PAOctober 30, 2013
Pros: working from home
a lot of flexibility. straight commission job so the harder you work the more you earn.
Tough to make a living
Eldercare Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Placentia, CA 92870October 4, 2013
Loved this corporation - loved the training and working at home 4 days a week. Stayed a year - but the pay was turning out to be less than $24,000.00 per year and I just could not afford to stay. I do understand that they have changed this past year.
Great work at home career!
Senior living advisor (Current Employee), NJJuly 23, 2013
Pros: work from home, flexible schedule, helping people
Cons: benefits
This company has been very impressive since I started. The training is outstanding and the management is wonderful. This is really a great opportunity to feel great about what you do. Our customers are so thankful for our services and the job is very rewarding.

About A Place For Mom

As the nation's largest senior living referralservice, A Place for Mom, Inc. (APFM) is a high growth, fast paced company focused – Read more

A Place For Mom Photos