A Place For Mom Employee Reviews

This should have been a great place to work.
Eldercare Advisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 11, 2016
This was an at home position helping seniors and their families to find credible care options. I would receive incoming calls and used my computer with their program to locate these options. I did not deal with co-workers much but when I did they all seemed like good honest people. This position left you feeling really good about helping families in crisis or need. The problem was with compensation, I have worked commission based positions many times and have never had trouble meeting goals. I feel the goals were pushed further and further from actually being able to meet.
Pros
Wonderful families to work with.
Cons
expectations for compensation became out of reach.
Rewarding work
Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 15, 2016
Cared for the patients daily needs, learned the process of aging. Management stepped in and helped with aggressive patients, the hardest part of the job was growing to care for the patients and then they passed away. I left each day with a greater appreciation for my parents.
Pros
I learned alot about New Orleans in the 40s 50s 60s
Cons
Grieving families
A GREAT Work from Home Job
Senior Living Advisor (Current Employee) –  Home!June 18, 2016
I have worked for this company over 8 years. i LOVE working from home. This is a 40 hour a week job so yes, you do have to work. I disagree that you have to work 70 hours for this job. If you work that many hours (you need approval for overtime), you will make significantly more money. That being said, the job is great, helping people!

You work directly with families to find them care options. You have a quota that increases yearly and if you work hard, you can make good money for a great job. My direct manager is wonderful and my co-workers are the best, very willing to help swap shifts, etc.

The hardest part of the job is that you need to figure out how to get the work done and advance the sale. If you are good at this, this isn't that hard.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the reward of helping families and getting rewarded for that financially.

I wish the benefits were a little better.
But overall, I LOVE my job and if you are the right person, this could be your DREAM JOB.
Pros
BEST WORK @ HOME JOB EVER, Very flexible
Cons
Not the best benefits at this time, weekend hours
Work at home helping families navigate the senior landscape, finding the best solutions typically for their parents
Senior Advisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 25, 2015
Typical day, long hours 12
What I learned, everything about Senior Needs
Good Management
Great co-workers
Long hours, typically 70 hr per week
Most enjoyable part.....HELPING SENIORS & THEIR FAMILIES
Pros
Helping families find great solutions for their parents
Cons
Way to many work hours-70 week.
Sales and quantity are paramount to quality.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 14, 2015
Service provided is critical in the senior housing arena. External customers are treated well however partner communities don't often receive the due diligence they deserve.

Process and expectation changes are done without context, planning, or statistical backing. Although they consider experience when hiring, they pay well below market value. Leadership is reluctant to utilize said experience which leads to employee morale and fulfillment issues.

I would only recommend applying here at a Director (or above) level; compensation and fulfillment plateaus.
Pros
Flexible work schedule and nice corporate location.
Cons
Poor benefits options, minimal 401K matching, below market pay, leadership is insecure and "too busy" to address morale concerns.
After working here for a year and being a top dog, they cut me without giving me my commissions
senior ex (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJune 19, 2015
Amy the regional manager has to be the worst RM in THEE world. This job is a great job but management has no skills, no insight, NO BRAINS to run these organizations...
Pros
free lunch at the end of month....2 slices of pizza nothing more
Cons
Management was uneducated buffoons
Fast growing, rapidly changing Eldercare Referral Service. Great opportunity for long term career.
Washington Partner Liaison (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 7, 2015
A typical day is non-stop busy, but in a good way. The company has a learning module site - so there is the opportunity to learn a lot about business in general and Elder Care in particular. Management is constantly poling staff to see how their approach is being received. Co workers are the top of the line - all very smart people. Hardest part of the job might be commute/parking if you work at corporate. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing what a positive impact you are having on the senior population.
Pros
Strong emphasis on positive culture.
Cons
Rapid change - if you can embrace change - this is the place for you!
Great Position
Senior Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 14, 2015
Good pay, nice benefits, and fairly easy work-load. Days started by returned calls to requested inquiries from the night before, whilst handling incoming calls.

I learned the geography of the U.S. a bit better, as well as pronunciations.

Management was pretty laid back, not too "intimidating." As long as you worked well and performed your duties accordingly, they were okay with it.
calm outbound call center
Eldercare Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 22, 2015
Called customers requesting information about senior care/housing in their area. Would find appropriate adviser in customers area and connect call.
Inside sales - from home
Eldercare Advisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 15, 2014
Selling senior placement while families are in a crisis mode looking for placing loved one in long term care. I learned this is a pushing type of sale to families that are in a very emotional & desperate position with loved ones that are declining in health.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
attached to a 4' phone cord in home office, low pay
Wonderful break room with lots of amentities
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 29, 2014
Call center environment, first of contact, knowledge of time zones, knowledge of advance care homes, VA benefits, private insurance, learned to be very patient and a great listener. Was selected to provide input on our new database. Hardest part of my job was learning that a family member had passed away.
Pros
every friday lunch was provided
Cons
placement of loved ones
Awful Company Without Ethics
Eldercare Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 20, 2011
They place the companies goals over even the basic needs of their employees, which is why they have lawsuits constantly filed against them. If you create anything related to their company, they own the rights to it and you lose out. The management only cares about numbers and not the way in which you reach them, so long as they get their money. They'll tell you they do, but punish you for ethics and reward the unethical.
Pros
subsidized gym membership, quarterly outings
Cons
everything else
Great People to work with
Senior Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 16, 2013
This job is your typical call center. We call families at certain times and a couple times a day depending on area and response. We connect them with advisors who assist them in finding a community for themselves or a loved one. The management is very nice and they speak with you with an open door. The co-workers are great and very helpful. The hardest part of the job is when families are upset of us calling, or hearing when family members have passed away. I do enjoy being able to assist families during a hard part in their life and helping them feel like there are people to help them.
Pros
a lot of over time
Cons
pay
Rapidly Growing Company
Corporate Employee (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 20, 2012
Since being bought by Warburg Pincus APFM has learned a lot about the changing eldercare industry as well as how to better utilize their talented employees. With the decision the split the Eldercare Advisor role into 3 separate positions the company is now running more efficiently than ever, while being to expand at rapid rates.
Pros
telecommuting, free snacks, and a great view from the corporate office.
Cons
healthcare benefits
Lots of change! VERY often.
Senior Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 23, 2013
This was a nice company to work for, I like what they do and how they do it. But, the frequency in change was too often. No matter how long you've been working here, you're still not caught up on all the changes. Now change is good. But literally, if you simply walk to the bathroom then back to your desk, a change has been made.
Pros
flexibility.
Cons
no one knows anything, because it changes so often!
Low job security
Support (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 13, 2014
I wouldn't recommend this company at all. They are all about the money and not really helping the families. They make corporate decisions and leave people without a job. The call center just recently got outsourced. Very sad to see how they really don't care about their workers. Very bad experience
Pros
fun activities
Cons
frequent internal changes, pretty scary!
Young Company Experiencing Growing Pains
Senior Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 30, 2014
The pay is above average but the work culture is one of low morale. Expectations change every day, procedures change constantly and management style is draconian- they will even limit your time in the bathroom and monitor while you are there!
Pros
view of lake union
Cons
tendency towards punishing the worker.
Great work at home career!
Senior living advisor (Current Employee) –  NJJuly 23, 2013
This company has been very impressive since I started. The training is outstanding and the management is wonderful. This is really a great opportunity to feel great about what you do. Our customers are so thankful for our services and the job is very rewarding.
Pros
work from home, flexible schedule, helping people
benefits
Very welcoming and happy company life
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 19, 2014
Although only a contract job, this company was very nice and welcoming. Management was very aware of how the company operated and allowed for high confidence in my job. Lot of work and data entry, but the company provided some great ways to make it enjoyable.
Loved making a difference in the families lives to help them find the right care for their loved ones. Enjoyed networking with the properties.
Eldercare Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, Ca.March 4, 2012
Would love to work with them again if I could have a guaranteed income.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
no guarantee income, no close employee relationships, can feel isolated at times from a team

2.7