A Place For Mom Employee Reviews

Poor mangement and demeaning methodology
Senior Living Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pennsylvania6 September 2017
While it seems like you are going to help people, what you are really doing is hunting down referral money from desperate families that mistakenly go to A Place for Mom online not knowing the advisors typically know little more than they do.

Calls are around the clock and you are trapped in your home working here. I live in a less affluent area, so there was little chance of securing referrals and the senior housing and facilities were too depressing and offensive smelling while being expensive none the less.

Run away from this organization, they will be soul sucking, not people helping. My manger was demeaning and sarcastic, she left much to be desired from my experience with a Place for Mom. I earned next to nothing and felt like a leech on society. Most of your time is hounding people who you gave a list of facilities to and following up to see if they booked a stay for their family member, so APFM can collect on a referral fee.

Very unpleasant work.
Enjoyed the employment opportunities
SENIOR LIVING ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Nationwide4 August 2017
I started with the company in 2003 and continued my employment for ten and a half years. I was pleased with the support, commitment and advancement options offered to me during my employment.
Pros
Home office
Kind hearts great training
Sales Director/Senior Living Advisor Lead (Current Employee) –  Eugene, OR3 August 2017
I loved working at a place for mom but needed to relocate. They are kind and fair. Their training is excellent. They have firm but fair expectations. They are a relaxed culture and genuinly care about their employees.
Pros
Work from home options and great comission packages.
Cons
Could pay a better salary
Pay is terrible
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA26 June 2017
Dont let the work form home fool you. You are chained to your computer and headset. They are always listening. You have to work every other weekend and then can only take off on a Wed or Thursday for working those days. Some days you will have a split shift 9-12 and then 5-9. Pay is 30k per year for full time!
Pros
No office to drive to
Cons
pay
A Place for Mom- Always changing
Operations Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA25 June 2017
I have been working with this company for over 5 years, and it has changed dramatically. It is still changing, as they are branching out into different senior resources and technology. The culture is very progressive, and they seem to really care about their employees, and the community. They have team get togethers and contests all the time. The monetary compensation could be better, but we do have a lot of benefits, (401K, bonuses, PTO, incentives etc.).
They are not realtors only realtor can get a commission
arizona (Former Employee) –  Arizona10 June 2017
They are not realtors only realtor can get a commission
50% of their business is basically apartment locating because independent living does not have care home exemption
Wonderful company and very rewarding work
Senior Living Advisor (Current Employee) –  Virginia25 May 2017
Advisors spend most of the day providing education and counseling for families who need resources or care for their elderly loved ones.
This is a phone sales job and you will be on the phone all day, but having the ability to work from home is wonderful! You work at least 40 hours every week.
The management team is tough but very fair. If you are a hard worker and like to help people then it may be a good fit. We help families during the toughest time of their lives and it is incredibly rewarding.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Health care benefits are not very good
Grateful
Healthcare Sales Liaison (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX25 May 2017
I am grateful to be part of a great organization that is mission driven.
This position is a true outside sales,developing and cultivating relationships to increase leads but for me its exciting.
Not many positions reward you financially and emotionally at the same time.
Pros
work life balance
Supportive work environment with great rewards!
Senior Living Advisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA23 May 2017
I am entering my third year with this amazing company! My typical day is fast paced and rewarding. At the end of the day, I rest well knowing how many families or individuals I have helped. They depend on our expertise. Management provides educational tools to make us successful as Senior Living Advisers. I take much pride in my Regional Manager who consistently mentors each of us and we are always reminded that we are "valuable". The workplace culture is supportive and communicative. I love my fellow teammates! Feels like family. The hardest part of the job is finding out about a loved one that has passed, but at the same time, it gives me great pleasure in knowing that I was able to assist during the time of the need, and seeing the family through the process of the placement with our valuable Partners.
Pros
Working from home;wonderful benefits package; financial opportunity
A Place for Mom is a great place to work with a lot of opportunity to advance.
MDM & Voip Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA23 May 2017
I have been at APFM for about 6 months now, it has been wonderful, everyone has been so nice! The work flow is great, I stay busy all day and I'm off before I know it. Great benefits and the work culture here is literally the best I have ever seen. The location can be a pain, but they supply you with an Orca card so that helps.
Pros
Lunches, Culture, Benefits, Activities, Great networking connections
Cons
Location, Commute, some co-pays can be a little high.

Want to know more about A Place For Mom?

Ask a question
Unlimited potential personally and professionally
Community Relations Advisor / Hospital Liaison (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OH23 May 2017
Exploding with opportunities to serve others while growing personally and professionally. The position is all about helping families and seniors when they literally have no where to turn. They are facing the most difficult, heart wrenching decisions of their lives. Our teams work tirelessly to assist them, easing the burden and offering options. A seemingly endless number of seniors and families to help. It's impossible to run out of opportunities, therefore the earning potential is truly in your hands. We also help healthcare professionals who are frustrated and overwhelmed with the constant changes in their world.

Hardest part is knowing when to call it a day! It's very rewarding to have people thank you repeatedly for simply doing your job.

Senior Management is is open, responsive and respectful. Hard work is rewarded financially and recognized regularly. Growth is constant, opportunities abundant and every day is different than the last!
Pros
Helping others, income potential, advancement opportunities.
Cons
Huge growth requires change and adaptation, if you don't like change, don't get on the bus!
Great to help families and be a presences in the community
Community Relations Advisor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MN22 May 2017
I like the energetic drive of the job and also the flexibility.

It is exciting and sometime challenging to meet Care Managers and Social Workers and educate them about our services and the benefits we offer to families.

One of the challenges is to fit a full day into 8 hours.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Staying very organized on a daily and weekly basis
Great place to work with room for Advancement
Community Relations Advisor (Current Employee) –  California22 May 2017
I've never worked for a company before that I could truly say that I love what I do & where I work .....until I started with APFM. I've been able to help so many seniors, families and professionals and still be able to spend quality time with my family! No job/career is perfect, but it is what you make of it, the time, effort & energy you put into it and believe it to be...so with that being said this is the best job ever! I really love what I do and getting up everyday to help someone!
Pros
Lot's of them! Flexible schedule, Great benefits, Salary & employee incentives
Cons
A lot of changes that can be hard to keep up with, but I guess change is a part of life
Stellar time management & deep love of people required
Senior Living Advisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA22 May 2017
I have been working as a senior living advisor with A Place for Mom for a little over 3 years. Overall, it's a great role. I work from home, & the schedule is somewhat flexible. I have two small children & have always been able to get the time I need to be there for them & for the last-minute things that come up when you have little ones. That is extremely valuable to me. The compensation at this job is great, if you make/exceed the monthly expectation - I have had other roles in my career before with higher level titles, but made nowhere near the income that I have made with this role. Make no mistake though - this is absolutely a 40hr/wk+ job.
The hardest thing about this job is time management, self discipline & staying in contact with a huge caseload of families that you are trying to assist. If you are no good at multi-tasking (talking on the phone, while writing an email, while reading other emails coming in) you will fail at this job. You absolutely must be able to self-start -You are alone all day long. If you thrive in a "team environment" working physically with others, you will not like this job. You must become very adept at "active listening" & be able to anticipate what families are going to need, while staying in constant "follow up mode" with the properties that you are trying to connect them to as a potential option for their loved one. You must have a high level of emotional intelligence & empathy.Having said that, you must be able to emotionally cope with hearing a lot of very sad things all week & still be OK.
The most enjoyable part of this job is
  more... working from home ( or anywhere with high-speed internet hook up) & the gratitude from the families that you connect with & help. It's absolutely amazing the connections I have made & I feel honored that the families I have assisted allow me to be a part of their journey in finding care for their beloved family members. It is a privilege.  less
Pros
work from home. uncapped income potential. helping people in need.
Cons
alone all day. high-speed multitasking . monthly quotas.
great place to work
Senior Living Advisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA22 May 2017
this telecommute job is great. solid pay awesome bonus potential. quota is expected and that's a good thing. i love being able to help people, being financially rewarded for it and support that i receive to be successful!
Great growing company with genuine leadership
Community Relations Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL22 May 2017
A Place For Mom builds great team leadership that helps you feel a part of an elite group of professionals always helping others! Professionals & families thank me every week for making a difference in their lives. Amazing opportunity to help people & the company compensates you so well do to so!
Fast paced environment with management that appreciates ideas
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA22 May 2017
A Place for Mom is a fast paced environment that is always looking for ways to improve - so you're job is never really the same from day to day. I've been here for 6 years and the way we've evolved in those years has been really exciting to be a part of.
Pros
Monthly corporate updates from CEO
Cons
Benefits are expensive
Great Support
Senior Living Advisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL30 April 2017
lots of support from Regional. can always lean on others in team to help you. its a numbers game. is a true tele-sales position so you are always on the phone.
Poor management!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FL14 April 2017
This company has unbelievable turnover! You will see the SAME jobs at the same location come open over and over. Management is lacking competent people.
Pros
Stay at home
Cons
Incompetent managers, unrealistic sales goals to dig company out of financial problems.
Meaningful work, great people to work with
Contract Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA19 March 2017
A Place for Mom is truly wonderful company. Their mission is noble and you can tell that the staff, even at its highest corporate ranking, wholeheartedly believes in it.

The corporate office is friendly and very comfortable. Hours are flexible. It's very easy to reach by bus. I learned a lot about marketing, design, and the senior living industry.

The hardest part of my job was probably the learning curve as an intern. The most enjoyable part was how appreciated my supervisors made me feel for my work.

Company culture is great. There are fun events all the time, sometimes including free lunch. There are two kitchens in the office and a fantastic view of Puget Sound.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A Place For Mom. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9