A Place For Mom Employee Reviews

Sales While Making a Difference
Senior Living Advisor (Current Employee) –  Illinois13 March 2017
I will start by saying, this is a sales job. If you are considering applying, I implore you to read very thoroughly the job description. Otherwise you are wasting your time, because the information provided is very similar to the day in day out responsibilities.

I *LOVE* my job. I have a background in cold calling, relationship development, and working with different CRM programs, so this job fits me. I work over 40 hours a week, but I also have lunch with my friends when I want and I don't have to commute to work. It can be isolating to work from home and not with others, but you will meet people and build relationships if you try.

Just like anything, what is good for one person is not good for another. Are you a true salesperson? Do you enjoy helping others while crushing quotas? If so, this could be the career for you.
Pros
Work from home, updated technology, fairly transparent, fantastic management, very lucrative salary potential.
Cons
Tough to find a work/life balance at times. Benefits are average. Not much in way of advancement.
Healthcare
Coordinator / Business Communication (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA24 January 2017
Very valuable resource to help families in need of options for the love ones. Great company culture, CEO is passionate about helping families and supports company with great company parties and having everyone involved and advised on legislation updates.
Meaningful work, great people to work with
Contract Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA19 March 2017
A Place for Mom is truly wonderful company. Their mission is noble and you can tell that the staff, even at its highest corporate ranking, wholeheartedly believes in it.

The corporate office is friendly and very comfortable. Hours are flexible. It's very easy to reach by bus. I learned a lot about marketing, design, and the senior living industry.

The hardest part of my job was probably the learning curve as an intern. The most enjoyable part was how appreciated my supervisors made me feel for my work.

Company culture is great. There are fun events all the time, sometimes including free lunch. There are two kitchens in the office and a fantastic view of Puget Sound.
Fabulous organization to work for.
Senior Living Advisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA13 February 2017
Excellent organization to work for. Very pleased with APFM management team and how they give you all the tools needed to meet your monthly, quarterly and yearly goals. I highly recommend working for APFM if you want to work remotely. The job is very challenging, extremely fast paced and metrics driven. As long as you keep on top of your business you can be extremely successful.
A GREAT Work from Home Job
Senior Living Advisor (Current Employee) –  Home!18 June 2016
I have worked for this company over 8 years. i LOVE working from home. This is a 40 hour a week job so yes, you do have to work. I disagree that you have to work 70 hours for this job. If you work that many hours (you need approval for overtime), you will make significantly more money. That being said, the job is great, helping people!

You work directly with families to find them care options. You have a quota that increases yearly and if you work hard, you can make good money for a great job. My direct manager is wonderful and my co-workers are the best, very willing to help swap shifts, etc.

The hardest part of the job is that you need to figure out how to get the work done and advance the sale. If you are good at this, this isn't that hard.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the reward of helping families and getting rewarded for that financially.

I wish the benefits were a little better.
But overall, I LOVE my job and if you are the right person, this could be your DREAM JOB.
Pros
BEST WORK @ HOME JOB EVER, Very flexible
Cons
Not the best benefits at this time, weekend hours
Able to work from home
Senior Living Advisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA31 January 2017
The best part of this job is working from home. Time is saved by not having to commute and the dress code is very casual. The worst part of this job is also working from home. There are many distractions during the day and you need to remain focused. There are also technical issues that create road blocks.
Pros
Working from Home
Cons
Salary is low
This should have been a great place to work.
Eldercare Advisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA11 July 2016
This was an at home position helping seniors and their families to find credible care options. I would receive incoming calls and used my computer with their program to locate these options. I did not deal with co-workers much but when I did they all seemed like good honest people. This position left you feeling really good about helping families in crisis or need. The problem was with compensation, I have worked commission based positions many times and have never had trouble meeting goals. I feel the goals were pushed further and further from actually being able to meet.
Pros
Wonderful families to work with.
Cons
expectations for compensation became out of reach.
run away!
Hospital Liaison (Current Employee) –  Anywhere3 October 2016
no clear direction
fear of big brother daily and they tell you to not be open of your thoughts or even daily conversation of your job and responsibilities
Pros
work life balance.....just right now
Cons
It's an IT company. They have lost the mission of helping others....
Rewarding work
Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA15 August 2016
Cared for the patients daily needs, learned the process of aging. Management stepped in and helped with aggressive patients, the hardest part of the job was growing to care for the patients and then they passed away. I left each day with a greater appreciation for my parents.
Pros
I learned alot about New Orleans in the 40s 50s 60s
Cons
Grieving families
Don't work here unless you live with your mom!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NY9 March 2017
It's nice to work from home but it would be nice to make money! You are lucky to bring home 1000.00 every two weeks. Don't work here unless YOU ARE RICH. You get paid every two weeks.
Pros
A bit of learning.
Cons
Too much computer work and no sales at all.
Best company.
Senior Living Advisor (Current Employee) –  North Aurora, IL6 February 2017
I love working for APFM. Truly the best organization I've work for. The training is awesome and the technology is fantastic. Working remotely requires a lot of discipline but you are supported by great colleagues.
Very good employer
Senior Living Advisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA 981044 November 2016
I was very happy to have worked there and feel there is a great support system there. Training is stressful but being able to work from home is great!
Pros
work from home
Cons
Quotas every month that can be hard to meet
Overall good Company
Senior Living Adviser (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN22 October 2015
You are tethered to your desk but that desk is at home! There is sales pressure, but that is with all sales positions. Overall great job, way better then working in communities and better work/life balance since you only work 40 hours. Some evenings and some weekends but nothing like my life was like before. Great culture and support from peers and home office.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Not getting to see the seniors you help
Fast growing, rapidly changing Eldercare Referral Service. Great opportunity for long term career.
Washington Partner Liaison (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA7 May 2015
A typical day is non-stop busy, but in a good way. The company has a learning module site - so there is the opportunity to learn a lot about business in general and Elder Care in particular. Management is constantly poling staff to see how their approach is being received. Co workers are the top of the line - all very smart people. Hardest part of the job might be commute/parking if you work at corporate. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing what a positive impact you are having on the senior population.
Pros
Strong emphasis on positive culture.
Cons
Rapid change - if you can embrace change - this is the place for you!
Work at home helping families navigate the senior landscape, finding the best solutions typically for their parents
Senior Advisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA25 July 2015
Typical day, long hours 12
What I learned, everything about Senior Needs
Good Management
Great co-workers
Long hours, typically 70 hr per week
Most enjoyable part.....HELPING SENIORS & THEIR FAMILIES
Pros
Helping families find great solutions for their parents
Cons
Way to many work hours-70 week.
Sales and quantity are paramount to quality.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA14 July 2015
Service provided is critical in the senior housing arena. External customers are treated well however partner communities don't often receive the due diligence they deserve.

Process and expectation changes are done without context, planning, or statistical backing. Although they consider experience when hiring, they pay well below market value. Leadership is reluctant to utilize said experience which leads to employee morale and fulfillment issues.

I would only recommend applying here at a Director (or above) level; compensation and fulfillment plateaus.
Pros
Flexible work schedule and nice corporate location.
Cons
Poor benefits options, minimal 401K matching, below market pay, leadership is insecure and "too busy" to address morale concerns.
Great Position
Senior Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA14 January 2015
Good pay, nice benefits, and fairly easy work-load. Days started by returned calls to requested inquiries from the night before, whilst handling incoming calls.

I learned the geography of the U.S. a bit better, as well as pronunciations.

Management was pretty laid back, not too "intimidating." As long as you worked well and performed your duties accordingly, they were okay with it.
Great work at home career!
Senior living advisor (Current Employee) –  NJ23 July 2013
This company has been very impressive since I started. The training is outstanding and the management is wonderful. This is really a great opportunity to feel great about what you do. Our customers are so thankful for our services and the job is very rewarding.
Pros
Work from home, flexible schedule, helping people
Benefits
Young Company Experiencing Growing Pains
Senior Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA30 July 2014
The pay is above average but the work culture is one of low morale. Expectations change every day, procedures change constantly and management style is draconian- they will even limit your time in the bathroom and monitor while you are there!
Pros
View of lake Union
Cons
Tendency towards punishing the worker.
High pressure to sell, but nice to work from home
Eldercare Advisor (Former Employee) –  New Jersey17 May 2012
When I worked there, I LOVED MY JOB. I enjoyed working with families, giving them much needed information and the reward of helping a family find the right place for a parent was beyond monetary.
However, the financial balance is tipped in favor of the company - your commission percentages are based on your month's sales, although the company continues to receive the same fee (albeit with more since your share is less...). And as much as it is inferred that what's best for the family is best for the company, when a family takes a "subscription" option, not only do you get only a set fee (of a few hundred $$'s at best), it doesn't count towards your quota for the month, although you worked just as hard to help that family as any others. I can see a possibility of pushing for the assisting living option, even though Mom or Dad would be perfectly fine at home.

I understand they are going to a salary + commission model now, and although that would seem better, I also understand that the quotas will be quite a bit higher (and that "subscription" options still won't count!).

My coworkers were wonderful, warm people, some of whom I continue to keep in touch with, my direct management was stellar.

Working at home is a blessing and a curse. Great to be home, tough when you are close to quota deadline so you end up working 12 hour days.

I'm glad I'm out.