Resident Caretaker Couple – Live-In– Downtown Vancouver
A reputable National Property Management company is looking for a hardworking Resident Caretaker couple comfortable with custodial, janitorial and maintenance work associated with the up-keep of an apartment tower. The Resident Caretakers will report to the Property Manager and will work closely with the Rental Administrator.
The candidates must be mature, approachable and able to communicate in English. You must be well-organized and able to work independently without supervision. Good references & clean criminal record are important.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintenance and Repairs in the building and suites
- Daily cleaning of all common areas and some in suite clean up
- Distribution of notices
- Collect rent cheques, issue receipt and bank deposits
- Communicate with and schedule trades
- Purchase order creation
- Order supplies and occasional pick up
- Maintaining stock of supplies and inventory management
- Move In and Out Inspections
- Access card, Key management and Intercom set up
- Daily and Weekly reporting
- Operating and cleaning the pool
- Assist with rental inquiries, showings and credit checks on Rental Administrator’s days off and as needed
- Respond to on-call emergencies.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to do minor repairs and knowledge of HVAC systems
- Knowledge of the apartment rental industry and the Residential Tenancy Act
- Basic computer skills – use of Microsoft Office and Internet based applications
- A vehicle and valid driver’s license
A salary & 1-bedroom suite will be provided for this full-time, five day a week plus on-call rotation, live-in position. Hydro, basic cable and parking is included. Our preference is for a couple who is willing to work Tuesday through Saturday or Wednesday through Sunday. Medical and dental benefits are made available after 3 months of employment.
No dogs allowed. The building only permits cats.
Please send your resume & cover letter .
Thank you for your application. Only those who are short-listed will be notified