A Helping Hand

A Helping Hand Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
contract work
Licensed Therapist (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: contract work
hardest part of the job is all the insurance requirements and endless paperwork. most enjoyable working with families and children. Co workers and management very nice. Also flexible work schedule is a plus
Rewarding as in helping people
Caregiver (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNOctober 29, 2013
Pros: working with people
Cons: no breaks, no vacation or holiday pay
The most rewarding part of my job is assisting the elderly and disabled in going about their daily lives,
It's a simple job where I aid and assist others
Companion (Current Employee), Durham, NCOctober 25, 2013
I aid, assist, keep company with, and transport elderly and/or disabled persons, and safely drive clients by means of both my vehicle and theirs to appointments, errands and daily routines.
Fun work place
Visiting Nurse/Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Fort Lee, NJJuly 9, 2013
The company offers very flexible hours and the manager is very understanding.
its something that I manage
Light housekeeping (Current Employee), Wiggins, MSApril 22, 2013
this is a company that I started after being layed of my previous job.I enjoy it alot but business is slow and I am looking for a job in my current degree field.
Good experience working with the elderly and disabled
Client Care Coordinator/ Instructor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 13, 2012
Pros: constant mandatory overtime, helping people get the help that they so desperately needed
Cons: no family time, used my own car
I learned alot about how the social services system works. I was a voice for the ones who were too scared to speak up. I was able to provide safe, trustable people to care for the elderly and disabled.
Independent contractor for Mental Health clients.
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 25, 2012
Pros: providing treatment/therapy for clients.
Cons: little collaberation with other providers, only compensation if clients showed for their appointments.
As a provider I would saw ongoing clients and new clients weekly. I learned the most from my clients helping me become a better provider. Management was great in providing support and encouragement, but lacked in benefits and compensation. Each provider worked independently, thus had minimum contact with each other, except for occasional meetings and – more... trainings. Most difficult part of the job was not having collaboration with other providers. The best part of the job was working with clients and their families. – less
A Helping Hand
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 8, 2012
Pros: rewarding, teaches you patience
Cons: no health benefits, no set hours per week.
A Typical day as being a Helping Hand employee, was to assist the elderly and/or disabled with daily errands such as cleaning, grooming/bathing, and caring for the clients. Working at A Helping Hand allowed me to care for people who weren't able to take care of themselves and was very rewarding.