Our client is an industrial construction contractor, active in heavy industry, energy and environment combined with a mission to build and integrate technology and relable performance. We are currently searching for a Resdident Engineer for a project located in the Castlegar area, BC.
- Act as a general technical resource with a respect to the work taking place on the construction site
- Ensure the communication link between the Engineering department and all stakeholders on site in case of design modifications, technical clarifications etc.
- Preparation of Requests for Information to the client regarding site-related technical question
- Ensure that the installation requirements of the different components suppled are met
- Implement the necessary controls and inspections throughout the construction and commissioning phases of the Project
- Ensure the overall conformity of the work with QA/QC contractual obligations with regards to the construction and commissioning phases of the Project
- Preparation and management of all forms and paperwork related to the aboe QA/QC process, such as RFIs, NCRs, Preventive Actions, ITPs etc.
- Attend to all hold points and witness points listed in the ITPs
- Maintain the History Dockets fully updated for the portion of the work they are responisble for
- Timely transmission of the above documentation to the client
- Provide information required by the Project Engineer regarding cost and schedule
- Daily monitoring and reporting of the activities taking place on site
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Civil Engineering (construction)
- 3 to 10 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of ISO 9001
- Strong written and verbal communication in English
- Experience on hydroelectric projects an asset
- Must have autonomy, accountability and ability to handle stress and pressure
- Must have effective communication and respect deadlines
- Skilled negotiator and must possess a professional attitude
- Ability to manage multiple issues simultaneously
- Rigorous and orderly
- Willing to relocate near Castlegar, British Columbia
Great compensation plus relocation allowance!
Indeed - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard