A Balanced Pack is a pet care company looking for self-motivated individuals to work as subcontractors. If you can work with little supervision, have great interpersonal skills, love working with pets, enjoy being physically active outdoors and are looking to improve your knowledge of animal behaviour, then this is a great opportunity for you!
A Balanced Pack is a growing company that is looking for enthusiastic Pack Leaders to join our team. The work consists of driving to our clients’ homes to provide dog walking, overnight and in-home pet care for companion animals. We serve the Manotick, Barrhaven and Riverside South communities and are looking for subcontractors to work in these areas. Clients are pre-screened and work is assigned based on each subcontractor’s availability, preferences and skills.
- Paid training
- Insurance coverage
- Continual support for our subcontractors
- A Balanced Pack mail account
- A regularly updated and maintained website
- Social media presence
- Presence at local pet-related events
- Networking support
- All client forms & documents
- Solid knowledge of safe animal handling practices (pet first aid an asset)
- Passion and enthusiasm for the pet care profession
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills in English (French an asset)
- Your own reliable & insured vehicle
- Your mobile phone
- Internet access
- Cleared criminal background check
- Computer literacy & moderate knowledge of MS Outlook & Excel
- The ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- Reliable, dependable, accountable and detail-oriented service
- References from the pet care field
- Cover letter and résumé
Please visit our website at www.balancedpack.ca for further details about our company and the services we offer.
Please address cover letter and résumé to Erin Case.
Consideration will only be given to those currently enrolled in or are a graduate of a Veterinary Assistant or Veterinary Technician program (or equivalent experience).
Thank you for your interest in A Balanced Pack, however only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.