Position: Sound/Audio Engineer Internship (a minimum of 1 or 2 days/week-flexible schedule)
Reports to: Director of International Relations
Location: Based in Toronto, ON
About A-Venture Capital
A-Venture Capital is a firm in Wall Street, New York & Miami, and currently expanding in Toronto, Ontario. A-Venture Capital activities include Asset management, Real Estate, Private Equity, Entertainment, Commodities & Technologies.
Interning for A-Venture Capital
The A-Venture Capital Sound Engineer Internship is designed to help students to break into the music and entertainment industry. The internship will provide the candidates with wide range of experience and opportunities to be involved in everyday operations of A-venture Capital’s sisterhood company that is mainly focused on music & entertainment internationally. The students will be given an opportunity to showcase their talent and for the right individual, full time and/or part-time paid opportunities exist with our company, upon project completion. This program is designed for emerging audio engineers wishing to further their practical experience. Spaces are limited, and significant prior training or experience is required. If you are looking to begin a career in music industry, this opportunity will help you get involved in music and movie-music related projects internationally. The candidates are expected to have great email & oral communicational skills and will be performing most of the tasks from home. Qualified candidates can be paid upon each project completion.
The Sound Engineer Intern will:
- Work with audio editing software
- Execute audio level recognition and management
- Establish music and sound effects timing
- Manage FTP and/or Drop Box up/downloads
- Communicate extremely well by email or in person
Skills and Experience:
- Experience with audio production hardware including professional mixers, microphones, & preferably keyboard.
- Experience with sound productions software: ableton, FL Studio etc.
- Understanding microphones and signal flow
- Preferably experience with video editing (but not required)
- Excellent email communication skills within a maximum of 24 hours
- Approach tasks with a positive attitude. Nothing is a failure but an exercise to be better!
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong professional ethics and a commitment to confidentiality
How to Apply
If you are interested in the opportunity to develop your professional profile, please send a short letter, describing your interested in this position, along with a brief statement of career objectives, by March 15th, 2013 to tara (at) aventure-capital.com