Position: Game Programming & Animation Internship (Unpaid – 3 or 4 days/week -flexible schedule)
Reports to: Director of International Relations
Location: Based in Toronto, ON
About A-Venture Capital
A-Venture Capital is a firm in Wall Street, New York & Miami, and currently expanding in Toronto, Ontario. A-Venture Capital activities include Asset management, Real Estate, Private Equity, Entertainment, Commodities & Technologies.
Interning for A-Venture Capital
The A-Venture Capital Game Programming & Animation Internship is designed to help students building their portfolios, breaking into the animation and entertainment industry. The internship will provide the candidates with wide range of experience and opportunities to be involved in everyday operations of A-venture Capital’s sisterhood company that is mainly focused on music & entertainment internationally. This program is designed for emerging game programmers & animation creators wishing to further their practical experience. If you are looking to begin a career in the animation industry, this opportunity will help you get involved in animation-music related projects internationally. The candidates are expected to have great email & oral communicational skills and will be performing most tasks with a team at a downtown Toronto location.
The Game programming & Animation Internship Intern will:
- Brainstorm concepts and game elements
- Node-Based and/or Language-Based Coding (UnrealScript preferred.)
- Design key 3D elements
- Design special effects, lighting and texturing
- Create protocols and perform product testing
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in game design development
- Experience with Autodesk software & UDK (Unreal Development Kit)
- Proficiency with MS products - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong professional ethics and a commitment to confidentiality
- Team player
How to Apply
If you are interested in the opportunity to develop your professional profile, please send a short letter, describing your interested in this position, along with a brief statement of career objectives, by May 30th, 2013 to tara (at) aventure-capital.com
A-Venture Capital is a firm in Wall Street, New York & Miami, and currently expanding in Toronto. A-Venture Capital activities include...