A-Supreme Nursing & Homecare Services focuses on being a provider of medical and non-medical services to the elderly or infirm. We support the individual and the family by providing one on one care that is required on a part time, temporary or full time basis.
A-Supreme Nursing and Homecare Services has been providing quality nursing care to residents of Ontario for over six years. Our agency is 100% Canadian owned and operated.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) will practice within his/her full scope of practice as outlined in the Standards of Practice by the College of Nurses of Ontario. This role functions autonomously and collaboratively with patients, physicians, and caregivers
- To complete and ensure client's clinical care assessments, care/service plans and documentation are accurate, up to date and changes communicated as required;
- To implement and evaluate the effectiveness of the care/service plans and make changes as required;
- To provide direct client care and medication/ treatment administration and document care in compliance with regulatory standards
- To ensure proper administration of drugs and narcotics in compliance with all regulatory requirements & scope of practice
- To plan, coordinate, manage & evaluate the client's care plan working with the client/substitute decision maker, physicians etc
- Participating in program meetings and other activities which promote the well-being of the clients and the smooth operation of the program
- Participating in the administration of the program by completing and maintaining required documentation; participating in team meetings, events and activities; orienting new staff; providing support to colleagues and attending training sessions
EDUCATION, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
1.Current certificate of Registration from the College of Nurses of Ontario (RPN) and current nursing experience with demonstrated skill and experience preferred
2.Long Term Care experience Preferred
3.Knowledge is required of the physical, psychological, and other issues faced by vulnerable, frail adults and seniors with special needs, which may include: cognitive impairments, low income and age related challenges
4.Experience in working with limited supervision but as part of a team of health care professionals is needed;
5.Be able to work flexible hours including shift work, weekends and holidays;
6.Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential;
7.Current First AID & CPR Certification; Must have up to date Tb test/X-ray
8.Proficient working with computers
9.Current Vulnerable Sector Police check;
10.Fluency in a second language is an asset
11.Access to vehicle preferred
A-Supreme Nursing & Homecare Services is an equal opportunity employer. We are situated in multi-cultural neighbourhood s and are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce who will work together to create & sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community.
While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview. In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), A-Supreme Nursing & Homecare Services will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request