A&W

A&W Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
FAST FOOD FAST PACED LONG TIREING
Cook (Former Employee), Swan River, MBJanuary 28, 2015
I LIKE THE FAST FOOD INDUSTERY PLEASE DONT GET ME ROUNG BUT IVE WORKED 3 DIFFERNT LOCATIONS A AND W AND SEVERAL OTHERS WITH MIC DONALDS LOW PAY HARD TO EARN RESPECT, CUSTOMERS ARE YOURE JOB BUT THAT INCLUDS MUCH MORE THEN A PERSON WOULD REALIZE FROM A WORKER CALLING CABS ASKING PEOPLE TO LEAVE BROKEN EQUEMENT TO HAVEIN FOOD THROWEN AT YOU YELLED AT DISRESPECTED IN VERRY CREATIVE WAYS FOR A LAUGH WORKED FROM 18 TILL 30 IN THIS LINE OF WORK BEST PART ARE THE MEMORYS MEET GREAT PEOPLE FAMOUSE PEOPLE AND SOME AWSOME COWORKERS
Fast Food
Cook (Current Employee), Nanaimo, BCJanuary 20, 2015
It's a very average place of food service not much stands out either good or bad. There is a slight lack of authority during the evening which leaves a bit of confusion of who is in charge.
working at A&W
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABJanuary 17, 2015
a typical day at A&W is fun. Everyone has their own area to manage and keep clean. everyone works hard to make the costumers happy. i learned allot working their i most definitely know more today then i did before i worked their. i learned more people skills and how to cook on a grill. the co workers at A&W are like family once you get to know them. they work had and give you a hand if you need one. the managers are great and their is allot of them to keep the store in line. the hardest part of the day is when it is rush hour and it gets really busy and the most enjoyable part is when its the end of the day and i get to go home.
Great people to make the day go faster
Cashier (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONJanuary 16, 2015
Fun environment. Great place to work. I could have used more hours though.
fast paced
Kitchen hand/cook/head cook (Former Employee), Caledonia OntarioJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: time flys
Cons: on your feet, fast paced
In this fast paced environment you must be able to identify all orders and have them prepared within the right amount of time given making sure that your work place is neat and clean and u have all the materials need to successfully get the customers order on time.
preparing all foods before hand is also a requirement from your condiments to your onion rings.
the people are fun to work with.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Barrhead, ABJanuary 9, 2015
I only realy worked there for 3 months. Its just a typical fast food job. Flip burgers make sandwiches, cook fries. Managers does his job well and manages the place properly. some times the noise of the machines can be a little overwhelming and stressful. When in doubt of what to do, cook 25 burgers.
hate
Customer Service/Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Sydney, NSJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
hated working there. dirty. poor management. i learned how to deep fry fries and nothing else, was hired for a position that i didn't get (cashier). horrible experience over all. I will never work at an A&W chain ever again.
my review..
Cross trained between kitchen and front. (Former Employee), Brockville, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great team
Cons: loss of hours
my review for a&w, I have to say it was a fun and fast paced environment I enjoyed working there. but I had a major problem with the manager. when I needed time off so I can find a new sitter for my daughter, and when I had gone back, my job was given away. so yes not very thrilled..

but I learned a lot on how to use the machines in the kitchen, I learned how to prep certain foods. and it was overall a great experience
Productive and fun workplace overall.
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: 50% off on anything
Cons: far to get to my workplace.
The job at A&W helped me a lot by making me learn a lot of hands on skills, like how to cook patties for the burger, or like how to clean the fryer/grill after my shift. I personally believe that the most enjoyable part of the job was that all of my co-workers were very friendly and easy to get along with. the hardest part of the job would have to be to clean the dishes, but in the end of the day somebody has to clean them.
worked in a team as a potential team member
Kitchen Crew (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: discounts for employees
Cons: not related to my field or career
In A&W we hustle to delight our customers and my job was to make sure that customers should get a good value of service.
Productive, Great working environment
Cash (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 29, 2014
Pros: discount on food, free drinks, great working environment
Cons: long hours
My employment at A&W lasted for about 1 yr & 1/2, and my position was mainly Cash.
I mainly opened at A&W, and there is usually a list of what to do for opening. I am kept busy with serving customers, cleaning, and finishing my opening to - do -list.
The working environment professional, but productive and I thought was the perfect place for me to have my first job. Crystal, the manager at the time, always gave us constructive criticisms, was always on top of things and worked efficiently. I aspired to be almost as fast as she was on Cash, and her attitude towards work was enough of an incentive to make me work harder in each shift.
My co-workers became friends, and being comfortable with them helped me to become assertive when there is a rush and food needed to be passed down more quickly.
A&W valued customer service. Its main goal is to serve their food in the quickest way possible, but also in its best quality. Throughout my employment there, I enjoyed reaching for that goal constantly, but also being able to grow as an employee.
The hardest part of my job was to stay calm. Some customers would become very upset when their order has been made incorrectly, but I have learned to remain calm when dealing with a displeased customer.
I like my job
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee), Belleville, ONDecember 28, 2014
My job has few hours but pays well and is decent work. there are a lot of responsibilities that i take care of between prep work and taking order as well as spending time whenever possible in the kitchen and doing other important jobs when needed.
very nice people to work with , very well run.
cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 16, 2014
Pros: new friends, flexible shifts
Cons: minimum wage.
i must say this is one of the best job i ever had sanity, health and stress wise, laid back work, sometimes could be very fast paced and a little bit hectic, but otherwise delightful.
Interesting first job experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 16, 2014
Pros: the food discount
Cons: the people
I worked with A&w for about 4 months as a runner, to a cashier, to learning how to open and close the store.
The hardest part for me was when I had to work under pressure during lunch hour with an employee newer than me. I managed the work hour.
Effecient fast service
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Davidson, SKDecember 11, 2014
Clean and efficient service. Fast and and Good tasting. I have learned how to work in a multi cultural environment. Learned so many things about labor rights and discrimination. It reached me to be humble coming from the knowledge of management and just by simply being a staff.
love to make food and enjoy to delite customers :)
Restaurant supervisor (Former Employee), bramptonDecember 2, 2014
Pros: got experience in a customer service
Cons: hectic schedule
I remember M S day at store it was so busy and i did not get time to even drink a glass of water for couple of hours.We had pre- planned preparation for that.All the kitchen staff and front staff was so excited Had a lot of pressure,but with every passing hour everything went smooth

I learned a lot when store gets busier, time management plays crucial role.Every little work should be done in time.

Management was so helpful and co-operative
Co -workers were so professional or worked as a team
Learning time as a trainee everything was new,so that was hard
Customer service and when its gets busier it was fun specially on Christmas eve because A&W never close on Christmas eve and on Christmas
Terrible managers who cut corners to "satisfy customers"
Kitchen Staff Worker (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONDecember 1, 2014
Management is a mess. They claim to accomdate schedules, which meant consistently giving me 40 hours a week while in highschool as a part-time employee. However this was my fault apparently.....
A challenging and fast paced environment.
Cook (Current Employee), Sturgeon Falls, ONNovember 25, 2014
A days work would include making prep, cooking breakfasts and lunchtime meals. restocking paper supplies, cleaning kitchen and equipment.
Negative work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), CollingwoddNovember 24, 2014
Pros: great customers
Cons: extremely negative manager
Staff are overworked and underpaid. Continuously to blame for any problems that the store is having. Manager tends to yell at staff in part because she can't hear in part because she is extremely easily aggravated by any little thing. Great coworkers who were fun to work with. Impossible to please management who constantly give you ridiculous deadlines and will even refuse to fill orders when they think staff are messing with them. Customers are great and very friendly but should go someplace else where the staff are better treated.
Organized
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 18, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: short breaks
Was a fun place to work
Very understanding with workers
Pays well
I learned a lot about cooking burgers
The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with the public