A&W Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
great work environment
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: Free meal, health benefits
Cons: less work/life balance
Working at A&W as an Assistant Manager for 5 years has thought me a lot of things which I find it to be essential on my future career. I learned to deal with customers under stressful and unfavorable conditions, winning and keeping our customers. My management skills has improved as well such as making sound judgement, fast-decision making and proactively dealing with the problems before it arises. The management has supported and thought me a lot, whenever I have difficulties they are always there to give advice.
The hardest part of the job, is when employees are doing substandard jobs and have to correct them. The Fun part is we do celebrate our small and big wins, like getting good compliment from our customers or if the shift went smoothly under a busy rush hour.
Productive work environment
Cashier/server (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: great pay, long hours, happy work environment
Cons: management
what I have learned about working at A&W is that fast food is fast but keeping happy environment is everything to everyone working together
Awesome team, but could use better management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Aldergrove, BCJanuary 12, 2016
Loved the people and working with them. Didn't accommodate for when I went back into school and schedule sometimes had lack of organization.
Fun workplace
supervisor (Former Employee), Eaton, ONJanuary 9, 2016
My typical day at a&w as part of the management, I have to make sure everything is in place before we open the store. All the selling product has to be ready as we are located at Eaton center which is a very busy place. Fast pace environment, have to make the order in less than a minute for each customer. I enjoyed my time with them, indeed!
great employees terrible management
Cashier (Former Employee), Mission, BCJanuary 8, 2016
promised a raise every 6 months and received a 15 cent raise over a 6 year period
management never takes responsibility always looks for a scapegoat
fun work place
Fast Food Cook (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: good food
you had to work fast and do it right the first time. I learned time management and work ethic. I enjoyed there team and work place while my time working there.
fun place to work but got bored of it always doing same stuff wanting to experience doing other things and learning
A&W, cook (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABJanuary 3, 2016
Pros: the discounts, very friendly
Cons: busy, kitchen gets very hot
Was a great place to work easy to do pick up many skills and techniques the coworkers are friendly a typical day at work would be pretty easy making food whether its on grill fryers or point making the sandwiches.
Fun place to work
Cashier/Front line (Current Employee), Sudbury, ONDecember 13, 2015
Pros: positivity
Cons: Long hours
-Long and enjoyable work days
-pleasant to work with coworkers
-most difficult task is dealing with angry customers
-I enjoy working with those who come in with positive attitudes
Great Work place
Cashier (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONDecember 8, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: long hours
I enjoy the people and the fast past environment that comes with this job, I enjoy interacting with people.

Always busy which I like, and that you meet all kinds of people while I have been working at A&W
Teamwork
Cashier (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABDecember 7, 2015
Staff were friendly, everyone always was smiling. I learned good teamwork skills and communication skills. The best part of the job was meeting all kinds of awesome people.
Good work place, sloppy management
Cashier (Former Employee), Dollard-Des Ormeaux, QCDecember 7, 2015
Pros: 50% all food
Cons: not enough hours
Great people but too much about picking favorites and reminding everyone our manager was going to cut our hours and fire some of us.
Its nice
cook (Current Employee), Windsor, ONDecember 4, 2015
Pros: g
Cons: g
a new job would be very much needed. College is very stressful and i have exams coming up soon. I wathced a brooklyn nets game last night as well
A&w
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKDecember 3, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
Overall A&W is good because of the people that I work with. If it wasn't for the people there, I would probably hate it. The pay is bad but I guess you work your way from the bottom to the top.
It was a fun work area, freindly people
Cashier (Former Employee), Prince Albert, SKDecember 1, 2015
it was very easy to get along with the workers, they treated me with respect and was patient while I learned the basics of the job training, then it was good from there.
Best place I've worked at kinda far in downtown
Cook (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 28, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: rush hour
nice place coworkers liked to joke around in a friendly way overall nice starting place
work is easy and basic for the pay
Awesome Management
Hey Holder/ Kitchen (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 28, 2015
Pros: 50% off food. Free Drinks. Lots of hours. Amazing management. Enjoyable atmosphere
The owner and manager of this place are amazing. They work hard to make sure they motivate and reward their employees when they are preforming well. I wish I still worked there :(
Respectful and fun environment.
Sandwich artist and cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 26, 2015
Working at A&W was better than what I expected starting. My co-workers were respectful to me and the costumers. It was a fun environment to be working in. I did end up growing in that I tolerate much more than I used to. Working here has helped greatly in making me a calm individual. My communication skills grew over time while working at A&W.
Friendly staff, Plenty of Work, and Great Management
Laborer (Former Employee), 7 Balsam, Collingwood, ONNovember 25, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, Friendly Staff
A&W is a great place to start learning the skills that come with fast food full time employment. The staff is very friendly and the work load not overbearing. Maintaining all levels of foods (burgers, fries, chicken) and kitchen cleanliness was priority. All duties should be completed immediately but are not required as long as they are done before your shift is over. Around the usual busy times (lunch and dinner) there is quite an increase in the workload (especially around holidays or town events) but that only made your pace increase, the actual difficulty never increased. The staff is very friendly and the management was very supportive and understanding in a plethora of circumstances. They will also properly train you in the use of all the workplace chemicals, and all the proper procedures when cleaning the kitchen and back dish area.
Hardworking
Supervisor (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCNovember 21, 2015
Working with new people and exploring different places and cities is my job
I give my 100% to every work
Happy to work with new people around the world
Fun workplace with fun people
Cashier (Current Employee), Yonge st Barrie OntNovember 18, 2015
Pros: Employee discount
Cons: Poorly organized
From this job i have gained lots of costumer service experience and have learned how to speak to costumers in an inviting and friendly manner. I have learned how to be independent but also a team player and how to manage my duties in an efficient way that works best for me. My favorite part of this job was when i was able to make burgers in the kitchen and push myself to improve my service times. I truly enjoyed working with all of my co-workers as they were very fun and energetic individuals. The management was nice and generous but at times unsteady and that's what ultimately made this job difficult.