A&W

A&W Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive
Cook (Former Employee), Summerside, PEMay 21, 2014
i cant even say anything good about management but the job was great! friendly staff (for the most part) the hardest part of the job was being mis-treated. and the easiest part was the end of your shift.
a good place to work
Kitchen Staff - Duties (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMay 4, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: working with hot grease
It was my first job. I had learned basic cleaning and sanitation skills, and learned good responsibility. My supervisors were always fair and i enjoyed working under them. The people i worked with were nice. the hardest part was working with hot grease. However, I enjoyed the flexible hours.
fun place
Cook (Former Employee), High Prairie, ABMay 3, 2014
i dont mind the people i worked with but i wouldnt want to go back and work there
productive work experiences
Caissière (Former Employee), alberta fort macleodApril 24, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: long hours
working experiences is the best way to learn, i work different areas of this company.
Fun Place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 14, 2014
Pros: i was team leader i recieved free meals.
Cons: management had a hard time resolving issues with employess
serving customers making them happy and satisfied was the most enjoyable.
learned to manage team members and to delegate.
hardest part was when we were short staffed.
all coworkers sometimes did not know how to work as part of a team.
fun and creative for a young person
Cook (Former Employee), Surrey, BCApril 4, 2014
Pros: nice discount, fun job
Cons: paycheques were late 75% of the time
i liked the creative parts of the job, and my co workers. we never got paid on time and our cheques were sometimes shorted. That was just the location i worked at though. other than that, the job was alot of fun, and delicious.
Good place to work as a first job or when in between jobs.
Cashier (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 23, 2014
Pros: meal discount before work
Cons: long hours, short staff
Working here is not all that bad. The staff is great and we are good at keeping out service times low, but management needs to be cracking down harder with rules for the younger staff. It is definitely going down hill with rules and respect since I had worked there last, two years ago, but they are working on it. Overall it is a good place to work and – more... is a good place to start your first job or go back to in between jobs. I would recommend people to work there. – less
Welcoming workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Cornwall, ONMarch 18, 2014
I acquired people skills, customer service skills, time management and organizational skills. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee), Collingwood, ONMarch 18, 2014
Good staff
well managed.
very well disciplined managers
slow times are bad
most enjoyable is the co workers
Fast paced
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Kingston, ONMarch 13, 2014
Working at A&W really showed me, how fast things need to be done, and was a great learning experience, on showing me that time management was a great impact on job performance. I gained great relationships with co-workers, there everyone was great at welcoming new staff. The hardest part was when a difficult customer was unhappy, at A&W we felt is was – more... very important that everyone left happy. – less
good fast food service
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 12, 2014
working 6 days and learn many things
management
supervising
good with schudleing and very understand and a very nice owner
Supervisor (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMarch 11, 2014
was great job through high school was great with working aroud a busy high school kid schudle
Fun and Interesting
Chasier (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 1, 2014
Pros: leanred how to deal with tough situations
Every day was a new day because thousands of people go to metrotown and this a&w was before the entrance so majority of the people came into the restaurant. I learned alot of things including how to deal in different situations. The hardest part would be when customers get frustrated. The most enjoyable was seeing new people and learning alot of new – more... things. – less
Busy environment
Cashier / Customer Service / Cook (Former Employee), Midland, ONFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: discounted food
Cons: hot and fast paced.
* Take customer orders fill their orders while making sure it was fast and warm. Fill drinks, clean trays, stock front ( Napkins, Cups, Jams, Plastic utensils, salads ) Cleaning the store ( sweeping, moping, wiping everything down, cleaning the bathrooms, emptying garbage's )

When in the back as a cook : stock meat and fries cook on grill and fryer. – more... Prepare burgers with condiments.

* What I learned : Customer service and how to work while under pressure, how to multitask, team work, working in a confined space without running into each other.

* Management was busy most of the time with book work or helping with filling/ taking orders.

* Co-workers : Were happy and more than willing to help you with the task at hand. Joking around throughout the shift.

* Hardest part of the job : working in a fast paced environment while keeping customers happy.

* Most enjoyable part of the job : discount food – less
Fast-pace energetic work place
FOOD COUNTER ATTENDANT (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 22, 2014
I enjoy working here because of the people working with me as well the type of job im into. Customer complains maybe my least favorite of the job but i really learned a lot from my experience and help me build a strong confidence.
fast paced
Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 21, 2014
i was a cashier for 9 months doing morning shifts i also trained new staff on tills
i was also a cook for 1 year and also trained staff in the kitchen

my co-workers where really nice and friendly
Varied work place where time management and attention to detail was requiredd
Cashier,cook (Former Employee), chilliwackFebruary 13, 2014
I spent two years working at A&W.

I workedthe front as a cashier,the drivethru,the dinning room and the back as a cook. I basically did everything in the store aside from management at one point.

I learned cash handling skills, customer service, cleaning,time management, some supervisory skills, closing of store, food service skills.
overall good place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 10, 2014
after a long management experience working at grass root level taught me few very important things .
Profitable
Front customer service; Fast Food Cook (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 10, 2014
learned lots, gained good experiences, was a team leader. I developed more skills in communicating with customers, peers, and work related employees
Working at A&W
Supervisor (Former Employee), Langely BCFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: worked around my changing school schedual
Cons: not enough hours/pay
A typical day at A&W was going in taking over for the morning cashier, I would hen make sure all products were stocked and help guest when they came to the counter to order. through out my shift I would make sure that the cook was following proper protocols and answering any questions she had. since I usually closed I would make sure I stocked all products – more... for the next day and cleaned the front, I would also cash out the store and make sure the kitchen was also clean.

some of the things I learned at A&W was how to place orders for the store, how to do inventory, deal with guest, and how to manage people. the management there was ok, she was very forward and did not always handle situations properly, I loved working with my co-workers that was one of the most enjoyable parts of my job. the hardest part of my job was the fact that if I was dealing with a particularly difficult guest I would not get support from my management in finding a way of making the staff feel safe. – less