A&W

A&W Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Welcoming workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Cornwall, ONMarch 18, 2014
I acquired people skills, customer service skills, time management and organizational skills. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee), Collingwood, ONMarch 18, 2014
Good staff
well managed.
very well disciplined managers
slow times are bad
most enjoyable is the co workers
Fast paced
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Kingston, ONMarch 13, 2014
Working at A&W really showed me, how fast things need to be done, and was a great learning experience, on showing me that time management was a great impact on job performance. I gained great relationships with co-workers, there everyone was great at welcoming new staff. The hardest part was when a difficult customer was unhappy, at A&W we felt is was – more... very important that everyone left happy. – less
good fast food service
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONMarch 12, 2014
working 6 days and learn many things
management
supervising
good with schudleing and very understand and a very nice owner
Supervisor (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMarch 11, 2014
was great job through high school was great with working aroud a busy high school kid schudle
Fun and Interesting
Chasier (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 1, 2014
Pros: leanred how to deal with tough situations
Every day was a new day because thousands of people go to metrotown and this a&w was before the entrance so majority of the people came into the restaurant. I learned alot of things including how to deal in different situations. The hardest part would be when customers get frustrated. The most enjoyable was seeing new people and learning alot of new – more... things. – less
Busy environment
Cashier / Customer Service / Cook (Former Employee), Midland, ONFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: discounted food
Cons: hot and fast paced.
* Take customer orders fill their orders while making sure it was fast and warm. Fill drinks, clean trays, stock front ( Napkins, Cups, Jams, Plastic utensils, salads ) Cleaning the store ( sweeping, moping, wiping everything down, cleaning the bathrooms, emptying garbage's )

When in the back as a cook : stock meat and fries cook on grill and fryer. – more... Prepare burgers with condiments.

* What I learned : Customer service and how to work while under pressure, how to multitask, team work, working in a confined space without running into each other.

* Management was busy most of the time with book work or helping with filling/ taking orders.

* Co-workers : Were happy and more than willing to help you with the task at hand. Joking around throughout the shift.

* Hardest part of the job : working in a fast paced environment while keeping customers happy.

* Most enjoyable part of the job : discount food – less
Fast-pace energetic work place
FOOD COUNTER ATTENDANT (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 22, 2014
I enjoy working here because of the people working with me as well the type of job im into. Customer complains maybe my least favorite of the job but i really learned a lot from my experience and help me build a strong confidence.
fast paced
Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 21, 2014
i was a cashier for 9 months doing morning shifts i also trained new staff on tills
i was also a cook for 1 year and also trained staff in the kitchen

my co-workers where really nice and friendly
Varied work place where time management and attention to detail was requiredd
Cashier,cook (Former Employee), chilliwackFebruary 13, 2014
I spent two years working at A&W.

I workedthe front as a cashier,the drivethru,the dinning room and the back as a cook. I basically did everything in the store aside from management at one point.

I learned cash handling skills, customer service, cleaning,time management, some supervisory skills, closing of store, food service skills.
overall good place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 10, 2014
after a long management experience working at grass root level taught me few very important things .
Profitable
Front customer service; Fast Food Cook (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 10, 2014
learned lots, gained good experiences, was a team leader. I developed more skills in communicating with customers, peers, and work related employees
Working at A&W
Supervisor (Former Employee), Langely BCFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: worked around my changing school schedual
Cons: not enough hours/pay
A typical day at A&W was going in taking over for the morning cashier, I would hen make sure all products were stocked and help guest when they came to the counter to order. through out my shift I would make sure that the cook was following proper protocols and answering any questions she had. since I usually closed I would make sure I stocked all products – more... for the next day and cleaned the front, I would also cash out the store and make sure the kitchen was also clean.

some of the things I learned at A&W was how to place orders for the store, how to do inventory, deal with guest, and how to manage people. the management there was ok, she was very forward and did not always handle situations properly, I loved working with my co-workers that was one of the most enjoyable parts of my job. the hardest part of my job was the fact that if I was dealing with a particularly difficult guest I would not get support from my management in finding a way of making the staff feel safe. – less
A&W Hanover ON.
Cashier (Former Employee), Hanover, ONFebruary 5, 2014
Depending on who i was working with I really liked working at A&W in Hanover, ON.
Most of the people i worked with were very nice, easy to get along with, and we had a lot of fun.
Plesant
Team Leader (Current Employee), Hwy 401February 4, 2014
Interacting with customers and trying to help make there day a little easier by being polite and kind
Very productive working environment.
Cook Help (Former Employee), Thompson,MBFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: communicating .
Cons: short hours.
I've learned to work well with others in a fast paced environment. And to solve problems in a short period of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was that we worked together really well. The hardest part about this job was that it would get very busy you would have to work twice the fastest and hardest.
loved it all
Customer Service (Former Employee), Sundre, ABJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: great people
loved all the people there .. enjoyed all aspects, customer service was delivered to the best of my knowledge.. hours were good
Good working experience with food
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 16, 2014
Typical day at work would be to assist with food preparation, handle customer transactions

I have learned more customer service skills, and money management

i considerly worked well with management and team members.
Fun to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Innisfail, ABJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: always a set schedule
Cons: open to late for a small town
My co-workers were fun to work with bosses were always in a good mood.Made it comfortable to work and want to go to work.
I really enjoy working with the people.
Cook (Current Employee), Tisdale, SKDecember 9, 2013
Cons: short hours
I really like the people I work with and I do love the job but the hours are not the greatest. They are always sending people home early so even if your schedule says you have 40 hours in the week usually by the end of the week you have between 20 and 35 hours.