A&W Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Lots of hours
CASHIER (Former Employee), Regina, SKApril 11, 2015
Pros: Lots of scheduled hours
Cons: being sent home
There are lots of hours given but usually they lack staff.
During busy hours there are not enough people on the floor because most staff are sent home during down hours.
Productive and Fun work place
Cashier (Current Employee), Prince George, BCApril 8, 2015
Pros: Free drinks on the job, 50% off your meals
I enjoy working there, its fun and exciting. Very fast working environment lots of regulars that go there. They work around what works for you. I have being trained by a few people who work there and they are patient and take time to teach you. I have never worked in a fast food environment. A&W makes it worth my time and effort to learn the industry. Lots of opportunity to move up from cashier or whatever position you start at. So far so good. I have learned allot and I just recently started. All my Co-workers are great.
Good Learning Experience.
Cashier (Former Employee), Chestermere, ABApril 7, 2015
Pros: Free coffee.
Cons: Standing all day.
I cleaned counters, did dishes, helped customers at the tills and in the drive threw. I swept and mopped the dinning area and the bathrooms. I refilled cups and straws. I took out the trash. I also cleaned both washrooms. I learned how to work in a fast paced environment and how to clean and bust tables fast. My hardest part of the day is the rush at lunch and supper.
good first job with good hours
Volunteer at Summerland's senior village (Former Employee), Summerland, BCApril 4, 2015
Pros: 50% off meals on shift
I started working at A&W at the age of 13, it was a good first job. But is lacking in certain areas. My personal experience with A&W hasn't been exactly the best due to multiple reasons. How ever I will admit it has taught me good life skills that I will carry with me through future employment.
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Stistissville, Ottawa ONApril 1, 2015
Pros: 50% discount on staff meals
Cons: Working during the statuary holidays
Working at A&W is a fun. every single day we meet different people. Taking their orders and learn different things from various customers from different countries. The manager always try to give us new and challenging tasks which helps to keep our brain working. The other employees are really so friendly and always ready to help each other. Sometimes the manager has given me the inventory counting which is kind of fun and also count the cash many times which is kind a hard job.
Love the people
Cashier (Current Employee), Prince George, BCMarch 29, 2015
Pros: discounted food
Cons: floors are bad for my knees
I liked working there for one of my first jobs. Its not that difficult if you work alot so coming to work brainless after attending university was a bonus. I didnt really have to be on my toes too much because it was all in my head programmed from doing it for so long. I love customer service but sometimes the customers make the day aweful
Great Place to Work!
Cook (Former Employee), Exeter, ONMarch 27, 2015
I really enjoyed working here!
The management staff was great as well as the rest of the staff!
My job was to cook and clean the kitchen as needed.
kitchen Managment
Manager / Chef or Kitchen in-charge (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 24, 2015
Implementing all relevant Food Hygiene and Safety and Food Hygiene requirements.
Monitoring the taste, visual appeal, financial cost and temperature of all meals served.
Bringing to the attention of kitchen staff all important matters that need their immediate attention.
Anticipating culinary trends so that the restaurant keeps and enhances its competitive advantage.
Managing the day to – more... day administration of the kitchen.
Putting together daily production sheets and also delegating specific tasks to individual employees.
Keeping within budget when ordering food stock.
Conducting regular staff performance reviews and taking appropriate action to rectify any deficiencies.
Providing appropriate training for all members of staff.
Ensuring that all cleaning rotas duties are carried out properly and those relevant administrative records are updated.
Checking quantity and quality of food received from suppliers, and then writing food cost reports for senior managers.
Act fully handling any customers' feedback, concerns or suggestions.
Making sure that all paperwork is completed clearly, accurately and legibly. – less
Great Work place because I could interact with lot of people which was fun
Cashier and Kitchen Staff (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 23, 2015
Pros: interaction with people
Cons: slow business because it was in fairview mall
Selling mobile cases and repairing mobile phones. Inventory management. The hardest thing was I was the only employee and during slow time of the day it was difficult to pass time with no work.
Always had something to do and tasty food.
Counter Attendant (Former Employee), North Battleford, SKMarch 19, 2015
I worked at the counter and the drive thru as well as cleanup and dishes. I enjoyed this job alot because of my co workers and wonderful bosses.
meh
Customer Service (Former Employee), Comber, ONMarch 18, 2015
The boss wasn't great, but that was just one store. High paced, co-workers were friendly and helpful, long hours of standing
Great Place to work and interact with new people everyday
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), REGINAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: free meal
Cons: nothing much
Good team members
New things to learn everyday
Most enjoyable part of the job is time passes really fast beacuse its a busy store.
Fun and fast paced work with a lot of multitasking.
Fast Food Cook (Former Employee), Georgetown, ONMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, good hours, big discount, job can be enjoyable
Cons: upper management, slow boring days, bad training
A typical work day would be me coming in 10 minutes early. First I'd get my apron on and wash my hands. I would then see how much food is stocked up and stock up if needed, then just clean up the kitchen area. After that I would fill the orders as they came in, in either the buns, grill or fries station. Lastly at the end of the night I would close everything down, usually with an co-worker to help me.

The hardest part was doing the fries side when it got really busy, because you are responsible for fries, chicken, onion rings and desserts.

The best part was the people I was working with, because we were all around the same age and got along great.

The management wasn't very good and I know people that quit just because of how poorly it was.
Fast paced and fun work place
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 11, 2015
It was very enjoyable and great experience working with people from all walks of life. Learnt great people management skills.
produtive workplace
Cashier/ Cook (Former Employee), innisfail, abMarch 11, 2015
Pros: employees were pretty great
Cons: drama with managements family, evenings were always shortstaffed
assistant manager and his family were very rude people, the only way they were allowed to keep there jobs was because of the assistant manager. they had caused tons and tons of drama resulting in me believing that it was my time to go. I really enjoyed my job besides, it felt like a big family with the kind of people that worked there, being able to joke and laugh while still getting our job done, however I felt like I was being taken advantage of. I was just getting out of high school and he wouldn't guarantee that the next year I would have a full time position, so I didn't feel secure.
boring, slow.
fast food (Former Employee), Sundre, ABMarch 10, 2015
Pros: discounts. free drinks.
Cons: no benifits. ignorant managers.
a typical day at work is almost the same everyday but that's what to expect when working fast food. the coworkers are usually kids around 13-15 pretty nice. the hardest part is putting up with ignorant people and managers. the most enjoyable part of the job is discounts.
fun place to work
Cook (Current Employee), fort mcmurrayMarch 7, 2015
Pros: good interpersonal relationship
Cons: not enough hours
it is a friendly place to work with good interpersonal relationship. Working in this company has been productive to me because it has made me to be more efficient, in working with speed and accuracy.
Wasn't for me
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Frances, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: lack of organization
I loved assisting the customers however this work place was not for me. The most enjoyable part of working here was the good reviews from the customers.
Not the best!
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: management doesn't care about their staff
-Cleaning, prepping and serving food to customers
-Multi-tasking, training new staff
-Very poor management
-Great
-Trying to please management and the owner. Being approached by them individually instead of yelling in front of other staff
-Working with great people
Fun Job
Fast food service worker (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABFebruary 24, 2015
Full time work, good scheduling, friendly atmosphere, competent management. Build orders, help customers, work in team setting.