A&W

A&W Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
produtive workplace
Cashier/ Cook (Former Employee), innisfail, abMarch 11, 2015
Pros: employees were pretty great
Cons: drama with managements family, evenings were always shortstaffed
assistant manager and his family were very rude people, the only way they were allowed to keep there jobs was because of the assistant manager. they had caused tons and tons of drama resulting in me believing that it was my time to go. I really enjoyed my job besides, it felt like a big family with the kind of people that worked there, being able to joke and laugh while still getting our job done, however I felt like I was being taken advantage of. I was just getting out of high school and he wouldn't guarantee that the next year I would have a full time position, so I didn't feel secure.
boring, slow.
fast food (Former Employee), Sundre, ABMarch 10, 2015
Pros: discounts. free drinks.
Cons: no benifits. ignorant managers.
a typical day at work is almost the same everyday but that's what to expect when working fast food. the coworkers are usually kids around 13-15 pretty nice. the hardest part is putting up with ignorant people and managers. the most enjoyable part of the job is discounts.
fun place to work
Cook (Current Employee), fort mcmurrayMarch 7, 2015
Pros: good interpersonal relationship
Cons: not enough hours
it is a friendly place to work with good interpersonal relationship. Working in this company has been productive to me because it has made me to be more efficient, in working with speed and accuracy.
Wasn't for me
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Frances, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: lack of organization
I loved assisting the customers however this work place was not for me. The most enjoyable part of working here was the good reviews from the customers.
Not the best!
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: management doesn't care about their staff
-Cleaning, prepping and serving food to customers
-Multi-tasking, training new staff
-Very poor management
-Great
-Trying to please management and the owner. Being approached by them individually instead of yelling in front of other staff
-Working with great people
Fun Job
Fast food service worker (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABFebruary 24, 2015
Full time work, good scheduling, friendly atmosphere, competent management. Build orders, help customers, work in team setting.
no place for growing up
Food counter attendant, Kitchen helper (Former Employee), edmontonFebruary 18, 2015
poor management. people work together because they are friends. but the manager dont know how to handle the store. we serve breakfast and close at 8pm we manage to control the left over
customer service
Cashier/Kitchen (Former Employee), Truro, NSFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: busy in the summer
Cons: slow in the winter
looking to learn great customer service than look no further this is the place for you warm environment great staff flexible schedules
not bad
Counter and Kitchen Staff and Manager (Current Employee), WinnipegFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: the nice people you meet
Cons: the pay and occasionally staff. its fast food, what do you expect
A typical day at work is me opening counter, the customers pouring in at 7 am, if its monday i count all the stock in store, if its tuesday or friday once 9 am hits either me or another staff member count and put the stock away from the GFS order. The co-workers are pretty meh, some are great some are not. same like the usual workplace, although recently the new staff seems to not care about anything at all and have low standards for their job. The worst part? People in a bad mood. The Best part? The regular customers and when people are in a great mood, the job is fun then and i love my regulars.
A place to work for most a career for me
Cook, Cashier (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great and relaxed people with long hours
Great place to work to start off with the restaurant field even though the night shift and day shift never got along. While working there i learned about the timing of food and fast delivery.
Productive And Fun work Place
Kitchen Crew (Current Employee), Trail, BCFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: less hours
Healthy work environment to work in. All the colleagues are cooperating and helping.You need to maintain the speed with the quality of products.
I enjoy dealing with customers
Head Supervisor (Former Employee), Victoria, BCFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: free meal
Cons: few hours sometimes
Opening the store and ensuring that everything is ready. Taking orders to the customer and making sure that I did my best in making my customer satisfy and give/answer all they needs/wants. Double check the stocks if we have enough item in the store. Do the deposit everyday at the bank and also I did the ordering three times a week. I have to guarantee that the food that we are serving was in standard quality, its really important.

I have learned so much working in a fast food environment it is totally different from my previous job because I was directly talking with the customer compare in my previous job that I am more with the suppliers. I've learned from my co-workers also even if they are younger than I am.

Dealing with customers complaint is not the hardest part when I was working there but managing with the absenteeism of one of the staff without calling or sending message prior to their schedule of work. It is hard because sometime its time for me to go home but all of a sudden they will call and tell me that they wasn't able to go to work for some reason, and I have to call for somebody to replace the person who cant work that day. I cant leave the store with no enough staff working in a busy day or else I have to extend my hours.
friendly staff
Front Cashier/ Asst.Manager (Former Employee), Maple RidgeJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: free meals
hard to get day off's and schedule is not that great and pay is not increased how hard you work or long you work no overtime how long you work.
productive, fun, clean and a great place to work.
Cook (Current Employee), Medicine Hat, ABJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: free water
Cons: managment
a typical day at work would cleaning duties and cooking duties on a regular basis. It's a very clean place to work and a great place for high school students as a first job.
FAST FOOD FAST PACED LONG TIREING
Cook (Former Employee), Swan River, MBJanuary 28, 2015
I LIKE THE FAST FOOD INDUSTERY PLEASE DONT GET ME ROUNG BUT IVE WORKED 3 DIFFERNT LOCATIONS A AND W AND SEVERAL OTHERS WITH MIC DONALDS LOW PAY HARD TO EARN RESPECT, CUSTOMERS ARE YOURE JOB BUT THAT INCLUDS MUCH MORE THEN A PERSON WOULD REALIZE FROM A WORKER CALLING CABS ASKING PEOPLE TO LEAVE BROKEN EQUEMENT TO HAVEIN FOOD THROWEN AT YOU YELLED AT DISRESPECTED IN VERRY CREATIVE WAYS FOR A LAUGH WORKED FROM 18 TILL 30 IN THIS LINE OF WORK BEST PART ARE THE MEMORYS MEET GREAT PEOPLE FAMOUSE PEOPLE AND SOME AWSOME COWORKERS
Fast Food
Cook (Current Employee), Nanaimo, BCJanuary 20, 2015
It's a very average place of food service not much stands out either good or bad. There is a slight lack of authority during the evening which leaves a bit of confusion of who is in charge.
working at A&W
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABJanuary 17, 2015
a typical day at A&W is fun. Everyone has their own area to manage and keep clean. everyone works hard to make the costumers happy. i learned allot working their i most definitely know more today then i did before i worked their. i learned more people skills and how to cook on a grill. the co workers at A&W are like family once you get to know them. they work had and give you a hand if you need one. the managers are great and their is allot of them to keep the store in line. the hardest part of the day is when it is rush hour and it gets really busy and the most enjoyable part is when its the end of the day and i get to go home.
Great people to make the day go faster
Cashier (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONJanuary 16, 2015
Fun environment. Great place to work. I could have used more hours though.
fast paced
Kitchen hand/cook/head cook (Former Employee), Caledonia OntarioJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: time flys
Cons: on your feet, fast paced
In this fast paced environment you must be able to identify all orders and have them prepared within the right amount of time given making sure that your work place is neat and clean and u have all the materials need to successfully get the customers order on time.
preparing all foods before hand is also a requirement from your condiments to your onion rings.
the people are fun to work with.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Barrhead, ABJanuary 9, 2015
I only realy worked there for 3 months. Its just a typical fast food job. Flip burgers make sandwiches, cook fries. Managers does his job well and manages the place properly. some times the noise of the machines can be a little overwhelming and stressful. When in doubt of what to do, cook 25 burgers.