A&W

A&W Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
kitchen Managment
Manager / Chef or Kitchen in-charge (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 24, 2015
Implementing all relevant Food Hygiene and Safety and Food Hygiene requirements.
Monitoring the taste, visual appeal, financial cost and temperature of all meals served.
Bringing to the attention of kitchen staff all important matters that need their immediate attention.
Anticipating culinary trends so that the restaurant keeps and enhances its competitive advantage.
Managing the day to day administration of the kitchen.
Putting together daily production sheets and also delegating specific tasks to individual employees.
Keeping within budget when ordering food stock.
Conducting regular staff performance reviews and taking appropriate action to rectify any deficiencies.
Providing appropriate training for all members of staff.
Ensuring that all cleaning rotas duties are carried out properly and those relevant administrative records are updated.
Checking quantity and quality of food received from suppliers, and then writing food cost reports for senior managers.
Act fully handling any customers' feedback, concerns or suggestions.
Making sure that all paperwork is completed clearly, accurately and legibly.
Great Work place because I could interact with lot of people which was fun
Cashier and Kitchen Staff (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 23, 2015
Pros: interaction with people
Cons: slow business because it was in fairview mall
Selling mobile cases and repairing mobile phones. Inventory management. The hardest thing was I was the only employee and during slow time of the day it was difficult to pass time with no work.
Always had something to do and tasty food.
Counter Attendant (Former Employee), North Battleford, SKMarch 19, 2015
I worked at the counter and the drive thru as well as cleanup and dishes. I enjoyed this job alot because of my co workers and wonderful bosses.
meh
Customer Service (Former Employee), Comber, ONMarch 18, 2015
The boss wasn't great, but that was just one store. High paced, co-workers were friendly and helpful, long hours of standing
Great Place to work and interact with new people everyday
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), REGINAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: free meal
Cons: nothing much
Good team members
New things to learn everyday
Most enjoyable part of the job is time passes really fast beacuse its a busy store.
Fun and fast paced work with a lot of multitasking.
Fast Food Cook (Former Employee), Georgetown, ONMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great co-workers, good hours, big discount, job can be enjoyable
Cons: upper management, slow boring days, bad training
A typical work day would be me coming in 10 minutes early. First I'd get my apron on and wash my hands. I would then see how much food is stocked up and stock up if needed, then just clean up the kitchen area. After that I would fill the orders as they came in, in either the buns, grill or fries station. Lastly at the end of the night I would close everything down, usually with an co-worker to help me.

The hardest part was doing the fries side when it got really busy, because you are responsible for fries, chicken, onion rings and desserts.

The best part was the people I was working with, because we were all around the same age and got along great.

The management wasn't very good and I know people that quit just because of how poorly it was.
Fast paced and fun work place
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 11, 2015
It was very enjoyable and great experience working with people from all walks of life. Learnt great people management skills.
produtive workplace
Cashier/ Cook (Former Employee), innisfail, abMarch 11, 2015
Pros: employees were pretty great
Cons: drama with managements family, evenings were always shortstaffed
assistant manager and his family were very rude people, the only way they were allowed to keep there jobs was because of the assistant manager. they had caused tons and tons of drama resulting in me believing that it was my time to go. I really enjoyed my job besides, it felt like a big family with the kind of people that worked there, being able to joke and laugh while still getting our job done, however I felt like I was being taken advantage of. I was just getting out of high school and he wouldn't guarantee that the next year I would have a full time position, so I didn't feel secure.
boring, slow.
fast food (Former Employee), Sundre, ABMarch 10, 2015
Pros: discounts. free drinks.
Cons: no benifits. ignorant managers.
a typical day at work is almost the same everyday but that's what to expect when working fast food. the coworkers are usually kids around 13-15 pretty nice. the hardest part is putting up with ignorant people and managers. the most enjoyable part of the job is discounts.
fun place to work
Cook (Current Employee), fort mcmurrayMarch 7, 2015
Pros: good interpersonal relationship
Cons: not enough hours
it is a friendly place to work with good interpersonal relationship. Working in this company has been productive to me because it has made me to be more efficient, in working with speed and accuracy.
Wasn't for me
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Frances, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: lack of organization
I loved assisting the customers however this work place was not for me. The most enjoyable part of working here was the good reviews from the customers.
Not the best!
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: management doesn't care about their staff
-Cleaning, prepping and serving food to customers
-Multi-tasking, training new staff
-Very poor management
-Great
-Trying to please management and the owner. Being approached by them individually instead of yelling in front of other staff
-Working with great people
Fun Job
Fast food service worker (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABFebruary 24, 2015
Full time work, good scheduling, friendly atmosphere, competent management. Build orders, help customers, work in team setting.
no place for growing up
Food counter attendant, Kitchen helper (Former Employee), edmontonFebruary 18, 2015
poor management. people work together because they are friends. but the manager dont know how to handle the store. we serve breakfast and close at 8pm we manage to control the left over
customer service
Cashier/Kitchen (Former Employee), Truro, NSFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: busy in the summer
Cons: slow in the winter
looking to learn great customer service than look no further this is the place for you warm environment great staff flexible schedules
not bad
Counter and Kitchen Staff and Manager (Current Employee), WinnipegFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: the nice people you meet
Cons: the pay and occasionally staff. its fast food, what do you expect
A typical day at work is me opening counter, the customers pouring in at 7 am, if its monday i count all the stock in store, if its tuesday or friday once 9 am hits either me or another staff member count and put the stock away from the GFS order. The co-workers are pretty meh, some are great some are not. same like the usual workplace, although recently the new staff seems to not care about anything at all and have low standards for their job. The worst part? People in a bad mood. The Best part? The regular customers and when people are in a great mood, the job is fun then and i love my regulars.
A place to work for most a career for me
Cook, Cashier (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great and relaxed people with long hours
Great place to work to start off with the restaurant field even though the night shift and day shift never got along. While working there i learned about the timing of food and fast delivery.
Productive And Fun work Place
Kitchen Crew (Current Employee), Trail, BCFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: less hours
Healthy work environment to work in. All the colleagues are cooperating and helping.You need to maintain the speed with the quality of products.
I enjoy dealing with customers
Head Supervisor (Former Employee), Victoria, BCFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: free meal
Cons: few hours sometimes
Opening the store and ensuring that everything is ready. Taking orders to the customer and making sure that I did my best in making my customer satisfy and give/answer all they needs/wants. Double check the stocks if we have enough item in the store. Do the deposit everyday at the bank and also I did the ordering three times a week. I have to guarantee that the food that we are serving was in standard quality, its really important.

I have learned so much working in a fast food environment it is totally different from my previous job because I was directly talking with the customer compare in my previous job that I am more with the suppliers. I've learned from my co-workers also even if they are younger than I am.

Dealing with customers complaint is not the hardest part when I was working there but managing with the absenteeism of one of the staff without calling or sending message prior to their schedule of work. It is hard because sometime its time for me to go home but all of a sudden they will call and tell me that they wasn't able to go to work for some reason, and I have to call for somebody to replace the person who cant work that day. I cant leave the store with no enough staff working in a busy day or else I have to extend my hours.
friendly staff
Front Cashier/ Asst.Manager (Former Employee), Maple RidgeJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: free meals
hard to get day off's and schedule is not that great and pay is not increased how hard you work or long you work no overtime how long you work.