A&W

A&W Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great co-wokers
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Fantastic staff
Cons: Bad management
I worked here for several years, I've seen this restaurant go from top 5 in the country, only to watch it crumble to the bottom. I found that opening the new locations under the same owners made it so that the owners forgot about our location. Despite my trying to keep the staff motivated and keep up with our service times, it still wasn't enough. There was a time near the end of my employment where the new store manager had cut my hours. When I tried to approach her to ask why my hours had been cut and see what I could do to improve I was simply given very vague answers from her, and the owner. The staff I worked with was always fantastic, but the management was falling apart near the end of my time there.
Duties are clear, good workplace.
Cook (Former Employee), EdmontonJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Tight space
A typical day at the back requires you to cook, clean and organize the stocks. Sanitation is required throughout the shift.
Awesome
MANAGER (Former Employee), Vermilion, ABJuly 15, 2015
my days were usually 10-12 hours long. It was an awesome job. Worked with a great team. Hardest part of the job was to leave
unprofessional
Kitchen/ Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 13, 2015
Nothing was consistent when it come to cleaning, and cooking. The amount of work that was done depended on who was working and whether or not the big boss was in. Timers were not set regularly and food was keep past the given time.
My Job at A&W
Cook (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBJuly 9, 2015
I really enjoy being a short order cook. I enjoy working with my co-workers and being a team player. I really like working with the public and making people happy.
Not Bad. Good People
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee), London, ONJuly 3, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: managment not assertive enough
Not bad, good people to work with; much like a family.
Its an easy job but fast paced at some times.
a typical day would consist of helping out in the kitchen or up front depends on where needed.
the relaxed atmosphere is pretty great.
Average fast-food job
Fry Cook (Former Employee), Windsor ONJune 27, 2015
Pros: Reduced price food
Cons: Variable schedule
Typical fast-food job. Morning shifts are slowest and allow for the best work-life balance. Emphasis on speed. Kitchen work preferable to front counter.
Very great work place with an amazing manager and team
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee), Winkler, MBJune 24, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, good pay
I recommend this job especially to students. If you want flexible hours, special offers and a great working environment then this is a place for you.
It is a okay place to work
CASHIER (Former Employee), Markham, OntarioJune 10, 2015
Not a bad place to work. Usually crowded during holidays and weekends. Customers are generally friendly and the management is alright. The place always smells very strong.
Fun For Students
Supervisor (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJune 9, 2015
Pros: Friendly Staff, Problem Free Environment.
Cons: Not enough pay for responsibility.
I had a lot of fun working here. Made a couple friends and was promoted quickly. Although it didn't work out I dont regret working there. We had a lot of fun and still got work done. Open environment where if you have a problem you are encouraged to talk it out.I wasn't prepared for the responsibility and lack of free time i would have once i was promoted to supervisor. That's where The job fell apart for me. I encourage any student to give it a shot.
A Typical Day
Chef (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJune 8, 2015
Pros: Good job culture, half price on meals, free soda drink during work.
Cons: Short hours, inconsistent hours, no breaks on 5 hr shifts, hot in the kitchen.
Well, a typical day at A&W starts with the heat. It is extremely hot in the kitchen during the summers and even other parts of the year, everyday. You punch in and wash your hands, get assigned which station your on and where you'll be moving if you do at all. What I learned at A&W that was the most important was respect, no matter who you are, where you come from, or how much money you make,
you have to have respect for everyone. The management was alright but to be completely honest, at times I felt the team could have been pushed more to move higher up within the company more. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the orders when your tired or have someone on your team that isn't keeping up with you.
The most enjoyable part of the job was defiantly the time spent talking with co-workers and building relationships with them.
easy going work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Ancaster, ONJune 5, 2015
At this job it wasn't as much of a learning opportunity it was more of a brush up on my cashier skills. cashier work is not new to me and dealing with customers isn't either. The one thing I would say I've learned from working there was how to deal with customers short tempers A&W is a fast food place and things tend to get busy. management could have definitely improved. I strongly believe that a supervisor or store manager position needs to be put in place to assist the store owner.
Good people great environment, not much room to grow.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSMay 28, 2015
Pros: 50% discount, flexible schedule.
Cons: Stagnant, repetitive, thankless
I like working for A&W and I liked the people I worked with. I didn't like that it was next to impossible to get promoted. I also didn't like how hard it was to get the benefits that were mentioned when I applied and was being hired.
Fun place to work
Cook (Current Employee), StettlerMay 24, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: Pay rate and hours
Staff are fun to work with, easy to get along with, i enjoy working there. However, I'm not getting the hours i need,

Atmosphere is fast paced and i still manage to get done all the things required by the end of the night
One of the best work enviroments I have ever seen
Cook (Current Employee), Carleton Place, OnMay 22, 2015
A&W says that you are more than a team, you are a family and this is so true at this location. Shifts fly by as it is very enjoyable to be at work because people always get along and work together to get the task at hand complete.
Good environment, clean
Fry Cook (Former Employee), Truro, NSMay 17, 2015
Very clean, staff could be nice and more accepting. Not enough hours at all. Hardest part was dealing with the co-workers who would make fun of you.
Meals are half price for employees
FOOD SERVICE WORKER (Former Employee), Yorkton, SaskatchewanMay 13, 2015
Pros: Meals were half price, pop was free.
Cons: the need for speedy service sucked
Co-workers were great to work with, management was not very understanding, The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting, on a typical day you have to be fast on getting the orders out as quick as possible in which would cause problems with the service times which was always an issue. The most joy able part was conversation with customers.
productive and enjoyed work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Macleod AbMay 13, 2015
Always on the go, never sat around
learned how to deal with different people
Aways had a great time with co-workers.
Management was good when you needed something
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with different people
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee), London, ONMay 7, 2015
Pros: Discounted food, great environment
Cons: Hot kitchen, greasy
Working at A&W has been a great experience to learn customer service and safe/fast food preparation. It can get stressful when it is extremely busy.
Generic minimum wage job, no room for moving up.
Cook (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCApril 30, 2015
work is lively as employees always have fun working together, but it is at the cost of productivity. Most employees take large shortcuts and teach other employees to do so as well.

1 2 3 4 5