A&W

A&W Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
working at A&W
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABJanuary 17, 2015
a typical day at A&W is fun. Everyone has their own area to manage and keep clean. everyone works hard to make the costumers happy. i learned allot working their i most definitely know more today then i did before i worked their. i learned more people skills and how to cook on a grill. the co workers at A&W are like family once you get to know them. they work had and give you a hand if you need one. the managers are great and their is allot of them to keep the store in line. the hardest part of the day is when it is rush hour and it gets really busy and the most enjoyable part is when its the end of the day and i get to go home.
fast paced
Kitchen hand/cook/head cook (Former Employee), Caledonia OntarioJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: time flys
Cons: on your feet, fast paced
In this fast paced environment you must be able to identify all orders and have them prepared within the right amount of time given making sure that your work place is neat and clean and u have all the materials need to successfully get the customers order on time.
preparing all foods before hand is also a requirement from your condiments to your onion rings.
my review..
Cross trained between kitchen and front. (Former Employee), Brockville, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great team
Cons: loss of hours
my review for a&w, I have to say it was a fun and fast paced environment I enjoyed working there. but I had a major problem with the manager. when I needed time off so I can find a new sitter for my daughter, and when I had gone back, my job was given away. so yes not very thrilled..

but I learned a lot on how to use the machines in the kitchen, I learned how to prep certain foods. and it was overall a great experience
Productive and fun workplace overall.
Kitchen Crew (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: 50% off on anything
Cons: far to get to my workplace.
The job at A&W helped me a lot by making me learn a lot of hands on skills, like how to cook patties for the burger, or like how to clean the fryer/grill after my shift. I personally believe that the most enjoyable part of the job was that all of my co-workers were very friendly and easy to get along with. the hardest part of the job would have to be to clean the dishes, but in the end of the day somebody has to clean them.
worked in a team as a potential team member
Kitchen Crew (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: discounts for employees
Cons: not related to my field or career
In A&W we hustle to delight our customers and my job was to make sure that customers should get a good value of service.
Productive, Great working environment
Cash (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 29, 2014
Pros: discount on food, free drinks, great working environment
Cons: long hours
My employment at A&W lasted for about 1 yr & 1/2, and my position was mainly Cash.
I mainly opened at A&W, and there is usually a list of what to do for opening. I am kept busy with serving customers, cleaning, and finishing my opening to - do -list.
The working environment professional, but productive and I thought was the perfect place for me to have my first job. Crystal, the manager at the time, always gave us constructive criticisms, was always on top of things and worked efficiently. I aspired to be almost as fast as she was on Cash, and her attitude towards work was enough of an incentive to make me work harder in each shift.
My co-workers became friends, and being comfortable with them helped me to become assertive when there is a rush and food needed to be passed down more quickly.
A&W valued customer service. Its main goal is to serve their food in the quickest way possible, but also in its best quality. Throughout my employment there, I enjoyed reaching for that goal constantly, but also being able to grow as an employee.
The hardest part of my job was to stay calm. Some customers would become very upset when their order has been made incorrectly, but I have learned to remain calm when dealing with a displeased customer.
I like my job
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee), Belleville, ONDecember 28, 2014
My job has few hours but pays well and is decent work. there are a lot of responsibilities that i take care of between prep work and taking order as well as spending time whenever possible in the kitchen and doing other important jobs when needed.
very nice people to work with , very well run.
cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 16, 2014
Pros: new friends, flexible shifts
Cons: minimum wage.
i must say this is one of the best job i ever had sanity, health and stress wise, laid back work, sometimes could be very fast paced and a little bit hectic, but otherwise delightful.
Interesting first job experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 16, 2014
Pros: the food discount
Cons: the people
I worked with A&w for about 4 months as a runner, to a cashier, to learning how to open and close the store.
The hardest part for me was when I had to work under pressure during lunch hour with an employee newer than me. I managed the work hour.
Terrible managers who cut corners to "satisfy customers"
Kitchen Staff Worker (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONDecember 1, 2014
Management is a mess. They claim to accomdate schedules, which meant consistently giving me 40 hours a week while in highschool as a part-time employee. However this was my fault apparently.....
Negative work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), CollingwoddNovember 24, 2014
Pros: great customers
Cons: extremely negative manager
Staff are overworked and underpaid. Continuously to blame for any problems that the store is having. Manager tends to yell at staff in part because she can't hear in part because she is extremely easily aggravated by any little thing. Great coworkers who were fun to work with. Impossible to please management who constantly give you ridiculous deadlines and will even refuse to fill orders when they think staff are messing with them. Customers are great and very friendly but should go someplace else where the staff are better treated.
Organized
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 18, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: short breaks
Was a fun place to work
Very understanding with workers
Pays well
I learned a lot about cooking burgers
The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with the public
Not a good place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (KEY HOLDER) (Former Employee), Collingwood, ONOctober 29, 2014
Very poor management. The Assistant manager is not nice to work for. They like to over work all employees.
Was terminated for absolutely no reason at all
Cashier/Food Handler (Former Employee), TorontoOctober 28, 2014
Pros: great coworkers, great customers, gained cashier experience
Cons: poor management, terminated with no notice
I had worked there for 3 weeks everything was great . I'd arrive 30 minutes earlier, Customers would compliment me on my great smile and positive attitude, Customers would also compliment me for delivering fast service . I always kept everything stocked and would triple check with my team leader to ensure I had all task done before pre-closing. Everything was fine until the next week they had told me I didnt have a schedule that week but I'd be working the next week. Next week comes they tell me to call again on Tuesday then Wednesday to discuss my scheduling that for that week . By wednesday I had called and they had told me again i had no scheduling that week and to call next week for my schedule . And can you guess what happens next ? the same thing! Obviously frusterated I asked if I could have a talk with the regional manager who said hed figure out what was happening because he had not heard anything . So after not hearing from him for two days I called my store again and they had told me that they had terminated my training and that I'd no longer be working there confused I had asked why and she said she couldnt tell me why and that I'd have to talk to the regional manager. So I contacted him and he basically said that my supervisor had said I wasnt "a good fit" and there was nothing he could do about it. Keep in mind I had not been scheduled for about 3 weeks and within those weeks my supervisor had been telling me to call back so I could be scheduled . and then two days later she tells the regional manager that I am not a "good fit" and they refuse to elaborate on that .. Other than that its a fairly easy job , you get 40% meals worth no more than 10$ while working. I had great co workers but Management was very poor and I had barely made any money because money from uniforms was deducted from both paychecks . I you want an easy fast paced job with great co workers this is a good job but beware your managers can fire you with no notice and reason.
Working at A&W
Kitchen (Current Employee), Kingston, ONOctober 27, 2014
Pros: great team-working skills
Cons: not many hours
I enjoy working at A&W. A typical day at a&w is coming in before the shift- and working on the bun station, fryer or grill station. What I learned from this job is to work in fast food, you have to work very fast. The management is excellent there, they train you on your own pace and to their best of ability. The co-worker are great, and are always there to help you if it is needed. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with the fast-passed environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with everybody.
cook
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Fort Nelson, BCOctober 17, 2014
I learned a lot working for this company. I love my co-worker and that was the most enjoyable part of my day was going to work and working with all them. the management was great. I don't think there was a hard part to this job.
Busy work.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 8, 2014
Pros: i stole money from the register
Cons: uniform and those 2 annoying girls that i had to deal with.
Busy work fast paced. Learned to cope with stress. Multitasking most of the time.
it was very productive
Food Prep & Cooking (Former Employee), Lloydminster, SKOctober 7, 2014
* I enjoyed the staff
I liked the location
* it was easy
it was fast paced
Busy but Enjoyable
Cashier (Current Employee), Langley, BCSeptember 28, 2014
A great starting job, it has taught me so many different skills that will benefit me as an employer. The A&W I work for is full of friendly staff that are always eager to help you learn better methods of doing things. It's a little far out, but it's worth it. It's always challenging, which can be fun. It's a busy fast-paced environment so I've learned to adapt to busy workplaces.
its a wonderful enterprise that takes pride in there great service
Cashier/Drive Thru (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: workking arround people all the time
Cons: nothing
A typical day at A&W was going into work feeling great and knowing that your going to have a good time serving customers and making them smile. I learned that with a great staff and good management going into work is always something to look forward to. Lastly the thing I enjoyed the most at A&W was getting to know the regulars and being able to make new friendships every day.

1 2 3 4 5