A&W

A&W Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Average fast-food job
Fry Cook (Former Employee), Windsor ONJune 27, 2015
Pros: Reduced price food
Cons: Variable schedule
Typical fast-food job. Morning shifts are slowest and allow for the best work-life balance. Emphasis on speed. Kitchen work preferable to front counter.
Very great work place with an amazing manager and team
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee), Winkler, MBJune 24, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, good pay
I recommend this job especially to students. If you want flexible hours, special offers and a great working environment then this is a place for you.
It is a okay place to work
CASHIER (Former Employee), Markham, OntarioJune 10, 2015
Not a bad place to work. Usually crowded during holidays and weekends. Customers are generally friendly and the management is alright. The place always smells very strong.
Fun For Students
Supervisor (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJune 9, 2015
Pros: Friendly Staff, Problem Free Environment.
Cons: Not enough pay for responsibility.
I had a lot of fun working here. Made a couple friends and was promoted quickly. Although it didn't work out I dont regret working there. We had a lot of fun and still got work done. Open environment where if you have a problem you are encouraged to talk it out.I wasn't prepared for the responsibility and lack of free time i would have once i was promoted to supervisor. That's where The job fell apart for me. I encourage any student to give it a shot.
A Typical Day
Chef (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJune 8, 2015
Pros: Good job culture, half price on meals, free soda drink during work.
Cons: Short hours, inconsistent hours, no breaks on 5 hr shifts, hot in the kitchen.
Well, a typical day at A&W starts with the heat. It is extremely hot in the kitchen during the summers and even other parts of the year, everyday. You punch in and wash your hands, get assigned which station your on and where you'll be moving if you do at all. What I learned at A&W that was the most important was respect, no matter who you are, where you come from, or how much money you make,
you have to have respect for everyone. The management was alright but to be completely honest, at times I felt the team could have been pushed more to move higher up within the company more. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the orders when your tired or have someone on your team that isn't keeping up with you.
The most enjoyable part of the job was defiantly the time spent talking with co-workers and building relationships with them.
easy going work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Ancaster, ONJune 5, 2015
At this job it wasn't as much of a learning opportunity it was more of a brush up on my cashier skills. cashier work is not new to me and dealing with customers isn't either. The one thing I would say I've learned from working there was how to deal with customers short tempers A&W is a fast food place and things tend to get busy. management could have definitely improved. I strongly believe that a supervisor or store manager position needs to be put in place to assist the store owner.
Good people great environment, not much room to grow.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSMay 28, 2015
Pros: 50% discount, flexible schedule.
Cons: Stagnant, repetitive, thankless
I like working for A&W and I liked the people I worked with. I didn't like that it was next to impossible to get promoted. I also didn't like how hard it was to get the benefits that were mentioned when I applied and was being hired.
Fun place to work
Cook (Current Employee), StettlerMay 24, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: Pay rate and hours
Staff are fun to work with, easy to get along with, i enjoy working there. However, I'm not getting the hours i need,

Atmosphere is fast paced and i still manage to get done all the things required by the end of the night
One of the best work enviroments I have ever seen
Cook (Current Employee), Carleton Place, OnMay 22, 2015
A&W says that you are more than a team, you are a family and this is so true at this location. Shifts fly by as it is very enjoyable to be at work because people always get along and work together to get the task at hand complete.
Good environment, clean
Fry Cook (Former Employee), Truro, NSMay 17, 2015
Very clean, staff could be nice and more accepting. Not enough hours at all. Hardest part was dealing with the co-workers who would make fun of you.
Meals are half price for employees
FOOD SERVICE WORKER (Former Employee), Yorkton, SaskatchewanMay 13, 2015
Pros: Meals were half price, pop was free.
Cons: the need for speedy service sucked
Co-workers were great to work with, management was not very understanding, The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting, on a typical day you have to be fast on getting the orders out as quick as possible in which would cause problems with the service times which was always an issue. The most joy able part was conversation with customers.
productive and enjoyed work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Macleod AbMay 13, 2015
Always on the go, never sat around
learned how to deal with different people
Aways had a great time with co-workers.
Management was good when you needed something
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with different people
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee), London, ONMay 7, 2015
Pros: Discounted food, great environment
Cons: Hot kitchen, greasy
Working at A&W has been a great experience to learn customer service and safe/fast food preparation. It can get stressful when it is extremely busy.
Generic minimum wage job, no room for moving up.
Cook (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCApril 30, 2015
work is lively as employees always have fun working together, but it is at the cost of productivity. Most employees take large shortcuts and teach other employees to do so as well.
Staff were fun and helpful when present.
Cashier (Former Employee), Thompson, MBApril 30, 2015
Pros: Great discount on meals
Cons: Late weekends
I got along in my environment and staff always seemed to enjoy my presence so I felt very welcome coming into work. The customers always seemed respectful as ever and the overall environment was always calm. It helped me become more accustomed to such conditions like being in company's presence and always being respectful. Managers were always influencial to be a happy worker and really helped unify staff. All co-workers were great help and can show the ropes clearly. The hardest part of the job was always finding something to do. When the store was quiet there were always things to do in the back. Not always in the front. Which meant walking back and forth often for me. Overall coming into work everyday and being known as someone as a part of the crew was the most enjoyable thing I looked at. The staff really made me feel like I fit in.
Good Experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 29, 2015
It was good experience working in a&w and co-workers were helpful. My confidence level improved and i also know how to handle customers .
hard but fun
Cashier/Customer service/supervisor (Former Employee), mississaugaApril 29, 2015
not a easy job, was fun tho, do miss it. but need bigger and better things............................................................
not bad
CASHIER (Former Employee), edmontonApril 29, 2015
worked there for long time. learneed alot from this company about customer service. friendly co workers. loved management very helpfull
Great workplace, terrific employees.
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Guelph, ONApril 29, 2015
The best thing about working at A&W was the employees. Everyone treated each other like a family and worked together very well. Everyone knew the job they had and completed it successfully each day. A typical day at work would be alternating between the counter to the food shoot (Packing orders/Serving orders), to working at drive-thru. Handling cash, packing orders and taking orders is usually what a shift would consist of.
a great place to start for students especially!
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee), Port Coquitlam, BCApril 27, 2015
a typical day at work is most importantly prepping food for expecting customers, ive learned how to create a more enjoyable work climate. management was great, they are very flexible with your personal schedule. co-workers are amazing and make work more enjoyable. the hardest part of the job is during busy rushes, you have to stay focused to to ensure the customers receive their food fast and ready. the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing customers satisfaction with our service.

1 2 3 4 5