A&W

A&W Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
busy and energetic workplace with fun people
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 17, 2014
Pros: christmas party and employee discount
- I learned many skills and how to deal with customers by talking to them and greeting them.
- I enjoy working with my manager and co-worker.
- the hardest part of my job is working in the kitchen and it's really hot.
It was a summer job
Restaurant Worker (Former Employee), Lower Sackville, NSJuly 15, 2014
It was like any other job at a fast food restaurant. I worked back staff, I flipped burgers, filled orders, cut onions, cleaned things, kept the stations organized and stocked.
Cook (Former Employee), Regina, SKJuly 14, 2014
Pros: got paid every friday
Cons: to many people i couldnt understand
I liked getting paid every Friday, fast paced work environment, and the team aspect was good
It is a fun place to work with great staff.
Cashier (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 12, 2014
Pros: cheap lunches
Cons: not enough hours
It is actually a fun job. The management is good at working around your availability and the hours are flexible.
good for highschool
Customer Service (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABJuly 7, 2014
this was actually not a bad job I had fun but I also worked with friends so that made it better
Fast paced, lots to do, friendly
Cashier/Front End (Current Employee), Uxbridge, ONJuly 2, 2014
- Always had something to do as soon as you got there
- All my co-workers were friendly and kind and easy to work with
- The hardest part was how fast paced it was
short staffed
A&W (Former Employee), Richibucto, NBJuly 1, 2014
Never enough people working, high staff turnover rate.

Owner is extremely good to his staff, Christmas bonuses
working at A&W
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours and short brakes
I worked at A&W for a short period of time. Learned to take the orders and prepared them in timely manner, lift heavy goods. I would prep all the veggies or sometimes i would help in breakfast. Lunch time was really busy. The thing i disliked there was short time brake(half hour) and after that you have to stand still for 5-6 hrs really hard. But i – more... enjoyed working with my co-workers from different culture. – less
It was OK. Fast-paced
Drive through, Front Cashier, Cook (Current Employee), nanaimo BCJune 26, 2014
Cons: no discounts
Dealing with grumpy customers, on a bar strip so lots of drunk people, fast paced, great co workers, flexib le hours, and OK pay. Hardest part? Boredom.
great work enviroment friendly co-workers
cook/prep (Former Employee), Russell, MBJune 24, 2014
it was good as prep got to learn a lot about the menu at A&W how to make their onion rings.
good job for teens, not so much for adults
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Camrose, ABJune 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: smelled of grease at the end of the day
Fast paced job with many tasks to complete so never boring. Various duties for kitchen and counter staff. Always can use supervisor positions. Great job for teens.
typical fast food joint
Cashier/Kitchen (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 24, 2014
Pros: flexible shifts
Cons: low hourly wage
a typical day at work would consist of me doing my job as a cashier and also helping out in the kitchen with food from time to time. I gained my first ever customer service experience from A&W.
nice people, great surroundings, happy faces.
cashier, runner, drive thru, cleaner (Former Employee), Lloydminster, ABJune 23, 2014
it was fun, non stressful. happy. Went by quick, the managers were nice and helpful. my co-workers were nice and enjoyable, never had an issue with them. hardest part of the job was learning new things, but once I got them it was easy. most enjoyable part of the job would have been working with people and a wonderful team.
Pleasent
Cashier (Former Employee), Melfort, SKJune 4, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: low pay grade
I spent the day serving customer, cleaning restaurant, and stocking till area.
WORKPLACE
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee), VancouverJune 3, 2014
Be prepared to be extremely greasy by the end of your shift. People there are nice and friendly. Management is very good.
Recommend
Cook (Former Employee), Niagra OnJune 2, 2014
Pros: half off food and free soft drinks
Cons: very sweaty and hot
A&W is a wonderful work place only problems is not all A&W's are the same but the one i worked at the staff was friendly my boss was very flexible and the hours were really good depending on your motivation for example if your like me where i work 2-3 tomes a week and work 5-6 hours i walk out with 200-400$ or if you like working all day everyday well – more... you gonna have a lot of money but you will be sweaty from the heat the grill and deep-fry make and all the heavy boxes of frozen meat and fries but besides that everything is really good although what i am about to say all depends on where the location of your A&W is like a group of teens were harassing me for my pay check but being at my physical strength i just scared them off but all in all it is a very great place to work and its a great way to make friends with people – less
fun workplace but not so good management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 26, 2014
Pros: 50% off for daily meal. free drinks
Cons: bad management
summer time is the busiest time of work. we have the one of the best burgers. i worked 4-5 times a week during classes. I've learned how to manage time wisely and efficiently. i enjoyed working with my teammates and we enjoy going out for at least once a month
. the management of the store was not my expectations before working there. the hardest part – more... of the job I've experienced was when just the 2 of us working in the restaurant during breakfast and then long line came. i almost cry because i can hear lots of whining but then i and my coworker survived that. i just enjoyed wrking there because i met new friends and they are fun with. – less
productive
Cook (Former Employee), Summerside, PEMay 21, 2014
i cant even say anything good about management but the job was great! friendly staff (for the most part) the hardest part of the job was being mis-treated. and the easiest part was the end of your shift.
a good place to work
Kitchen Staff - Duties (Current Employee), Burlington, ONMay 4, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: working with hot grease
It was my first job. I had learned basic cleaning and sanitation skills, and learned good responsibility. My supervisors were always fair and i enjoyed working under them. The people i worked with were nice. the hardest part was working with hot grease. However, I enjoyed the flexible hours.
fun place
Cook (Former Employee), High Prairie, ABMay 3, 2014
i dont mind the people i worked with but i wouldnt want to go back and work there

1 2 3 4 5