*The Boathouse in Horseshoe Bay, BC is seeking an experienced
New Westminster and Port Moody
The Sous Chef is responsible for managing the daily operations of the kitchen, including scheduling, meeting or exceeding budgeted labor and other cost centers, as well as overseeing the inventory and ordering of food and supplies. In addition, the Sous Chef ensures excellence in guest satisfaction through effective training of staff, commitment to a “Do Whatever It Takes" attitude, and a hands-on, lead by example management style.
- At least 3 years of Sous Chef experience in a full-service, structured dining establishment.
- Strong knowledge of back of the house operations including foods, beverages, staff supervision, inventory, and food safety.
- Strong understanding of cost and labor systems that lead to restaurant profitability.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Strong communication and leadership skills combined with advanced computer and math skills
In addition to owning and operating hotels, casinos and entertainment complexes, Landry's, Inc is one of the largest full-service restaurant operators in the United States with over 480 locations in 40 states and 15 countries. We operate restaurants primarily under the names of Rainforest Cafe, Saltgrass Steak House, Morton's - The Steakhouse, McCormick & Schmick's, Landry's Seafood, The Chart House, Oceanaire, Bubba Gump, and Claim Jumper, plus our upscale signature group of restaurants which includes Vic & Anthony's. We are also engaged in the ownership and operation of select hospitality/entertainment businesses and casinos including The Golden Nugget casinos, The Kemah Boardwalk, and the Historic Galveston Island Pleasure Pier. We need high caliber, experienced individuals to join our organization. If your skills and talents are a match for our needs, we can open the door to career opportunities.
Benefits: Excellent medical and dental benefits, paid vacation, 50% discount dining program, and more...
Please include the position title and location you are applying to in the application.