A&W Restaurants Employee Reviews

Found 1,036 reviews matching the search
I did not like the new company that took over
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC20 June 2017
I did not like the new company that took over. the management is good. the company that took over changed everything. making it a vary defendant company to work for.
Don't work there
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 June 2017
A&W can sometimes be fun but lots of fakes. Yes they give hours but the problem is that people don't know when to stop. There is a lot of favouritism in between the staff and management
Pros
50% during shift
Cons
Lots of fake people lots of headaches
Fun workplace but very poorly run.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 June 2017
I wasn't paid for 4 weeks and the manager of the store didn't even know where my cheque was and when i confronted him about it he told it was on the way to my house already and i can stop worrying about but i called the payroll line and they said no paycheque was sent.
Nice Co-workers and good experience.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 June 2017
Good experience in A&W.
I love working in A&W .It was new experience for me in a food chain first time ever. I learn a lot of things in that job from handling and preparing food to taking customers and dealing with diverse population at rush hour.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 June 2017
Very accepting and fun staff. Employees are always very nice. Salary was good. Overall an easy job and they tend to give good hours and work around your busy schedule.
it sucked
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB15 June 2017
It sucked the hours were long and we didn't get any incentive to excel at the job. most of the staff were friendly but the manager made you feel bad for being sick.
Pros
50% off 30 min before work, During and 30 min after
Cons
Long hours very little time off
A&W is a fun job to have for a student like me.
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 June 2017
when on a day where no one is being bossy at work.
that you should do things on your own even if nobody's watching you.
there's really nothing hard about that job only cleaning but I'm used to it.
when making all the orders.
Pros
50% for the food u buy if your working.
Cons
short and long hours
Alright place to work but no advancement
CASHIER / COOK (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 June 2017
A good example of a typical day of my job here would be working the morning shift doing openings, as it was relaxing. There is not much to learn as it is a typical fast food chain store. Management was alright. and workplace culture was commendable as I got along with most to all of my coworkers and supervisors. The hardest part of that job? there really isn't anything hard about it, unless you are by yourself with only one cook in the middle of a busy service rush. But that is to be expected when your store is right beside a high school. The most enjoyable part of the job was working the morning shift by myself. Ensuring all prep work was done for the day first thing in the morning and being able to serve the morning customers.
Pros
The customers
Cons
Not a permanent job
wonderful work environment, my coworkers were amazing.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB15 June 2017
it was always easy going while getting the job done. communication with the staff was more then often very acceptable, if there were problems work related or not, it got solved in a very mature non time consuming way, work always came first rewarded with some fun at the end of the day.
I love working here.
cashier are to handle the cash (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC14 June 2017
I love to work here as the work environment is so friendly and pays good to the workers and treats the customer with good food products. Maintains the standards and food safe.

Want to know more about A&W Restaurants?

Ask a question
Fun place to work
Counter Staff (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON14 June 2017
The staff and management were amazing at the Stratford store. Very nice people to work with and very clean kept. The best part of the job was the people you work with.
so much fun at work yupieee
Shift Leader Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC14 June 2017
such a great place to work . i do so much fun at my work.handling most of the stuff , co workers are so great n friendly as a family member , made me much more confident.
its ok to work here
Food Counter Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC13 June 2017
i learned a lot specially on canadian guest and their culture. i also learned how to communicate well in different kinds of people.also there are lots of challenges here.
it is fun and busy place with lots of things to learn for customer service
Server (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON12 June 2017
i loved working in A&W .It was new experience for me in a food chain first time ever. i learn alot of things in that job from handling and preparing food to taking customers and dealing with diverse population at rush hour
Pros
they have variety of food to offer cutomers
Cons
nothing so far
productive and hard worker
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 June 2017
I am a hard worker and fast paced learner. I enjoyed working in this company i have seen lot of people and they're great. I've learn so many ways to work with them.
Awesome workplace!
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 June 2017
This was my first job! I do not regret a single moment of it. A typical day was being put in either the kitchen or up front serving the customers. This job helped me learn how to keep my cool while being under stress.
Pros
Staff were like a family to me
Cons
No job security
A&W is a very fast paced work environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB7 June 2017
It is where my primary fast food experiences emerge. A&W has a great workplace offering many hours towards individuals.

I have learned to maintain a quick work speed in a restaurant. The food taste very well and they give you %50 discount as a employee.
Pros
Many hours
An amazing place to start with for work experience
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB6 June 2017
A really great workplace to start out with, a place that offers a warm and friendly environment. It has helped me improve in my skills as a fast food worker and it has taught the values of hard work.
Fun
Cashier/ Kitchen Staff / Inventory (Former Employee) –  Toronto Zoo, ON5 June 2017
Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits. Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure
that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change. Greet customers entering establishments.
Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
Pros
Long stable hours
Cons
usually by yourself
Bad work enviroment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB5 June 2017
There is nothing special about this job. Mostly putting up with crazy customers and overly stressed co-workers. Some people have been fired just for being there too long
Pros
50% off food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A&W Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval