A&W Restaurants Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC24 January 2018
Fun place to work , fast paced and on your feet for 8 hours, hardest part of the job is serving all customers quickly and efficiently with little to no errors.
Easy consistent place to work
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 January 2018
One of the managers was horrible and went out of his way to make your day bad. Other manager was very nice and would often give you free food and expressed interest in your life outside of work.
Pros
food is good
Cons
bad pay
Good Experience while studying
Kitchen staff (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 January 2018
Fast Paced
Super Busy Job
Good Staff and Managers
Friendly Atmosphere and Work Culture
Management is flexible to schedule you as per your availability.
Okay-ish employee discount
Food is always fresh as per the process.
Pros
Good Experience
Cons
Super Busy Always
Productive , good atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whatcome road Abbotsford20 January 2018
This is very good place for the guests Nd employees. The staff is friendly Nd cooperative. They make fresh food for their guests. Their service is fast . The management of this fast food place is very good.
Pros
50% discount to employees
Predictable mostly positive environment
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB19 January 2018
Working at A&W was a enjoyable experience. My day would start simply taking orders and serving out plated breakfasts and responding with the customers to ensure they enjoy their stay. I would always have a smile on my face and landed the nickname "Smiley" from the regulars coming in almost daily. I greatly enjoyed working with and serving costumers. I found it quite easy to place a smile on nearly every customer I served, which to me was the most important aside from the orders being correct. Main Management was very kind and never made me feel uncomfortable. The most difficult bit about the job was the schedule organization being off, often not informing me of the next work day, if scheduled at all.
Pros
Customer interaction
Cons
lack of schedule organization
Terrible
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON19 January 2018
I had the worst expieeance here. The owner of the franchise I worked at was not always very pleasant to work with and was sexist. I would not recommend working here.
great place to work
cook (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON18 January 2018
great place to work just trying something different , fast pace environment , great people to work with but my hour was getting shorter all the time because not that busy.
Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 January 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is you get to talk to a variety of people. Giving them all they need and exceeding the service that they are expecting from you.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
lots of standing
Learned alot of life values
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 January 2018
a typical day at work was busy but i enjoyed working with others. I learned how to respectfully deal with customers, i learned responsibility in the workplace. The workplace culture was good everyone got along we knew how to have fun but to keep it business at the same time. I didn't find the job that difficult, i like being involved with people. My favorite part was meeting new people and how great our loyal customers were
Pros
Free Root Beer
Cons
great workplace with amazing people
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB11 January 2018
They are a very great team that have great costumer service! Very good food that is always cooked perfectly.I go there very often Would recommend !!!!
Cooking
Cashier and Cook (Former Employee) –  Portage la Prairie, MB8 January 2018
It was a fun place to learn
Learnt how to cook breakfast and make a teen burger at the same time I'd deff suggest people work at one it's a good learning job
very stressful and had a lot of pressure
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 January 2018
Although A&W was my first job and I did not know what to expect, they were very harsh and expected too much from me. I did learn how to use a cash register and communicate with customers.
Pros
other cashiers were nice
Cons
too hectic
Good job for part-timers
Front Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON7 January 2018
the hardest part of the job is fixing a mistake as quickly as possible to keep the customers happy.

Learning cash was easy even if you're bad at calculating.
Pros
great first job
Cons
not enough hours
positive work enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 January 2018
Working at A&W for over a year was a lot of fun, coworkers and customers were always very nice and always put me in a positive mood for work. You learn a lot about working independently and also how to cooperate with others.
Great co-workers and management
Head Trainer / Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Summerside, PE6 January 2018
Greek customers in a pleasant manner to make customer fell like they are welcome
To be patient , also to listen to all customers. This leads to less mistakes and less disgruntle customers
Management was great . My manager as well as the owners were patient and understanding.
Disgruntle customers are always a risk with customer oriented business but the difference between the level of argument that the customer has depends on the person that is waiting on them know - how and patience to take time to listen and try and defuse the situation.
Training Front Cash staff was one of my duties, I enjoy teaching and as well as learning new things.
Pros
Working for a customer oriented enviroment
Cons
Heavy Liftng
It was alright
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON6 January 2018
Cleaning, taking orders, packaging food.
How they make root beer floats.
Management was okay.
Not able to keep busy.
One of my coworkers were great, we became friends.
Decent work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 January 2018
Fast paced work environment. Staff is supportive and friendly for the most part. Training is majority done online, with some personal training from supervisors in store.
Decent workplace with poor management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Aldergrove, BC5 January 2018
The typical day at work involves taking orders at the counter or at the window. I learned how to take orders and how to clean the store. The management was relatively bad, the store manager often abused their power and had me and the other male employee do all the work she didn't want to do. Workplace culture is relatively good the employees often joke around and mostly have good humour.
Pros
half price food 30 minutes before and after shift, and during break
Former Employee
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Caledonia, ON4 January 2018
A typical day at work is basically getting yelled at by your area manager and your CEO. The training is nonexistent and you are told you need to know everything in the store by three shifts which are 5 hours each. After that, you're on your own. At my store, there are three guys and all blonde girls. The hardest part of the job was getting screamed at by the bosses telling you that you suck at your job. The only enjoyable part was making friends who were stuck in that job with you so it was somewhat tolerable.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, training, harassment
It was good...
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 January 2018
It was good though the manager was a little impatient and also pretty boring. The company is wonderful and I love the employee meal benefits. The training should be a little more precise and thorough to compete with Mcdonalds.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A&W Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.