A&W Restaurants Employee Reviews

Best place I have ever worked at!
Cashier (full time) (Current Employee) –  Athabasca, AB8 October 2017
Such a fun atmosphere to work in! My boss was amazing and all of my coworkers were friendly. It can get really busy, but everyone works TOGETHER to make it go smoothly!
Pros
Discounted lunches, Friendly Environment
Cons
Long hours, Busy lunch hour
Great Environment
Supervisor/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC8 October 2017
Great place to start your work career. Got a lot of my friends hired so it was always a fun day at work. Becomes 3x more stressful when you become a supervisor, but thats what it comes with.
Fun place to work at!
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Humboldt, SK6 October 2017
I love everything about A&W! Everyone is super friendly, they will always greet you and smiles all the time. Manager is really polite and just awesome!
Fast food restaurant in a small town
Cook (Former Employee) –  Saint-Lazare, QC6 October 2017
When i would come in they day consisted of preparing food throughout the day and preparing anything needed in the mornings. During the evenings we would start cleaning things and fully clean when we were closed. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the rushes but it wasn't too bad for the most part. Most enjoyable part of the job was preparing things for the day as there wasn't any stress involved.
Not fair to employee's
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON4 October 2017
I was a full time employee and i was make just over 80 bucks every 2 weeks after winter ended and the part time was making more then i was in 2 weeks! and then when i filled out for ei after i left they told the people at unemployment that it was still winter hours but the part time staff was getting more hours then i was
Great environment to work in
Employee (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC4 October 2017
I worked there on and off for 5 years it was a fantastic first job but it was time for a change, I loved everyone there like they were family, they always did so much to make sure you were happy.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Late nights
stressfull
Front Office Staff, Cashier (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 October 2017
customers are annoying sometimes.They can be a headache.But I got coperative staff and management.

A&W needs perfection and it needs hard-work as well
Pros
free food
fine
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON3 October 2017
productive, fun workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 October 2017
my first job after grad. I loved it. I learned a lot, and exercise what i learned in collage . fun place to work.deal with tough people, and employee. learned how to compromise and work under pressure.
good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB1 October 2017
working at a&w was my first job, i enjoyed working there for the time i did, it was always something new to do and very busy always kept you busy, it was always nice being around people
Pros
costumer experince
Cons

Want to know more about A&W Restaurants?

Ask a question
It is a good place to start working.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON30 September 2017
It is a good place to start working. First, the management is good wherein the employers were really understandable. Second, the environment at work is great, you can talk to everyone without being awkward.
Pros
good management
Fast food manager
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Rockland, ON29 September 2017
Managing a fast food chain on crazy hours. Teaching and training new staff, cooking in the kitchen and managing the front staff. Working insane hours on little pay cause me to leave this position.
Pros
Job
Cons
Hours
Good Food
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 September 2017
I am enjoying my time at A&W. The quality of food is exceptional and they take proper care while preparing it. The location was my place was not safe though. There was cases of theft once a while..
Owner does not let staff have a day off
Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 September 2017
They bug you all day on your day off. Owner is very rude.

Expects you to work everyday. Consent phone calls and txts, threatening your job

Staff is very helpful in training other employees.

Staff all gets along great together, and help each other.
Pros
no free lunchs
Cons
owner expects your life to be A&W
long nights
Overnight staff member (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON27 September 2017
long nights filled with prep and food making and order taking, cleaning cooking surfaces and floors as well as keeping stoke of food items used with making customer's orders
Pros
one free staff meal per shift of anything on menu
Cons
long over nights with only one 30 min break
Fast-paced job, with a few flaws
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 September 2017
Working here was very enjoyable, coworkers were easy to get along with and the job wasn't mind-numbing. There were very rarely any times where there was nothing to do. Unfortunately there was drama and favouritism among some supervisors/managers, which made the environment a little less pleasant. There was some mistreatment of staff, although it may have improved after I left.
do not work for the m5 company aka guelph locations
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON26 September 2017
Horrible mistreatment. They view all staff as expendable and easily replaceable. No competitive wages, you won't receive any raises that you're promised. Always understaffed meaning you'll be doing the work of what should be three people on your own. Management is absolutely awful. Only plus side is 40 percent off good food, but thats literally it.
Pros
the food is actually good
Cons
miserable unhappy environment, horrible management, no competitive wages
Terrible
Cook (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 September 2017
Management is awful, work conditions are disgusting. I had to clean a grill that hadn't been cleaned in months, while the grill was on, creating a big safety risk.
Pros
Free drinks, co workers are nice
Cons
Managers are corrupt, working conditions depressing
overall a good working place
A&W restaurant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 September 2017
All over a good place and environment to work. A new person can easily adjust to work here. Moreover people from different communities work together without any cultural differences
Pros
food for employees with 50% discount
Fine
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 September 2017
Good job for a student to help build customer service experience. I had great coworkers and the company had good management. I enjoyed working there as my first job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A&W Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.