A&W Restaurants Employee Reviews

productive and challanging
Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 December 2016
a typical day is: start with the checklist for making sure all the standards are followed.
everyday leaning is how to deal with different situations
making sure everyone in the management performing their duties well
friendly co-workers, enjoy working with all of them
while scheduling, making sure its flexible according to their availability
dealing with the customer
Pros
free meal for the day
Cons
not worth for the pay
Need to care about their employees
Cross Trained (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK21 December 2016
I've worked with this company for 3 years, I haven't gained anything from working here. I enjoyed my fellow employees. However the management was very unorganized and unprofessional.
A&W employee (Former Employee) –  Martensville, SK20 December 2016
Working at A&W was great in my opinion, everyone was very diverse and yet we all got along the manager was great and the costumers were always nice. I learned to be quick, talk more and communicate with my co-workers. The hardest part was being quick for the busy hours other then that it was fun and the most enjoyable thing for me was visiting with the people I worked with.
Pros
Great employee discount
Its a great place to start.
Kitchen staff (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC17 December 2016
The hardest part about this job is keeping up when you're a noob at it. It's constantly fast-paced and the orders can be unclear at times.
Pros
free drinks, good co-workers, discounts with family
Cons
random scheduling, small spaces
A good place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vanderhoof, BC14 December 2016
Respectable people to work with. The pay wage is okay but teamwork is an asset. Most enjoyable part of my day is communicating with the customers seeing them smile and laugh.
Could be better
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, Ontario9 December 2016
Did not enjoy my time at A&W, although my co-workers were wonderful I didn't agree with some of the policies and management.
Fun Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 December 2016
A&W was a great job for a teenager still in highschool. The management wasnt awesome, but the staff was great. It was very busy, and you have to be quick on your feet and have good time management skills and multitasking skills. Menu board needed more clarifying on the drive-thru for when breakfast ended. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the customers when they all came in at the same time, and rush hours when the drive thru screen filled up. Workers in the back kitchen were slow which resulted in slow food being made and out to customers. The most enjoyable part of this job was the co workers. Hours were ok, only open till 9 which is good for people still in school.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Very Busy
ok work environment
Food Preparer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 December 2016
i leaned how to do food preparation and how to work as a team with other people in small spaces at a fast pace . most of the day was spent on cleaning and preparing food for the other cooks.
Pros
free food
Cons
not enough hours
There was a lot
Kitchen Crew/ Front Staff (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC29 November 2016
A typical work day is getting yelled at and saying I wasn't doing enough when I was working kitchen and front. People would get mad at me when their food wasn't coming up fast enough and going to the back to find my coworkers on their phones. Management would blame myself and coworkers for having a bad attitude when I (with a few others) would take control over lunch and get the times we needed and then would get blamed for everything that wasn't done. I did not enjoy working there and refuse to go back
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
long hours with very little apperciation
fun but bias
Marine Drive - Service Crew (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC28 November 2016
the management is very bias in the restaurant i worked at specifically. i worked for them since it opened and yet they romted the person who was hired months after i was working for them, reason: because this person was older than me, so i thought that wasnt fair .
Hope you like working all the time.
Front and Drive Thru (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB25 November 2016
Management at A&W expects you to come into work all the time, be able to open and close all day everyday, and expects you to know how to do the job as soon as you start.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB25 November 2016
I enjoyed working a time this restaurant. Everyone was very friendly. The customers never walked away mad because we fixed problems with Thier orders.
Pros
Friends
work at the restaurant
Kitchen staff (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC25 November 2016
Would come in and put hairnet on . Cleaned hands , Cleaned up area . I would then wash hands again and make onion rings by hand . Then after that I would clean area again and put the finished product in the freezer . I would then wash the lettuce and tomato's and then prepare the salads . I learned how to work faster . The management was great . She would always help me out if I had questions or concerns . I got along with Co-Workers we worked as a great team . I liked seeing how fast I could finish the job and still keep it with good quality .
Pros
good team work
Cons
short hours not enough
Family Burgers
Head Cashier and Trainer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON25 November 2016
I enjoyed my time at A&W.
The hardest part is mornings as the menue is far more demanding.
My fellow emploees were friendly and funny.
My favourite thing was drive thru.
Pros
Free drinks and half off food
Cons
Improper treatment of shifts and breaks
Fun work environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 November 2016
Great atmosphere
SSupportive coworkers
Cooperative management
Love to work in A&W because I like customer interaction

I enjoy working in such a good environment where I seeek minimal supervision and perform according to the standards
Poor management, fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC21 November 2016
A&W is a place with poor management. the scheduling is not bad and the way things are done are orderly and done in a professional manor. it is a clean, friendly place to work.
Pros
Scheduling
There is team work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  High Prairie, AB17 November 2016
Working with this company is a great experience. All the staff are good and the owner as well. This company mold me in my career and trained me for my future opportunities.
Fun place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Ladysmith, BC15 November 2016
Great people to work with, had some good times and some bad, but we made it through and raised our restaurant to the #2 position in all of Canada from last place! Good times
good company
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON15 November 2016
Was here before the.management changed and It was still not that bad of a place to work .. though I'm sure it would be a lot. More.organized. now .
an awesome place to work
kitchen helper and prep work (Former Employee) –  Valleyview, AB14 November 2016
in my two and a half month I learned lots during this experience such as making the burgers and chicken and fries the co worker were very helpful the pay was ok