A&W Restaurants Employee Reviews

Great place
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  175 Hanes Rd Huntsville1 November 2017
Good place to work. Lots of room for advancement and great management! Great on The job training lots of great spaces like front counter and even kitchen.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Positive environment workplace
Chef (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 October 2017
This job was a great experience where i learned working in fast paced environment with a positive attitude. I learned how to deal with different kinds of people with an approachable attitude.
Pros
Free lunches and free trips
Cons
No ConsFu
meh
Cook/Store Front (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 October 2017
the a&w I worked for was a very unique store a&w in general is a very good company there food is high quality and I sugest everyone to try eating there
Great work experience
Shift Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 October 2017
Working for A&W was a great experience because I made some life-long friends, managers were great, I had an amazing support system. I know I can count on them to give me a good reference.

Cons: No benefits for fulltime/partime employees.
Not so Great Place to Work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON29 October 2017
After working here for over a year, this work environment was been a poisonous one. The workers are rude as well as management staff. A typical day at work would be just cooking burgers, and taking orders.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Scheduling
It was a good work space
Cook (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON26 October 2017
Working at A&W was fun and learnt a lot of things and got the experience that I need to have ferther on in life, as well learnt all about the kitchen and exercised many skills
best burgers around
Cook (Former Employee) –  vaudreuil20 October 2017
cool job like any other cook position what snice about aw is that everythign is fresh to you get to work with lettuce and tomatoes and you know your burgers are th ebest in town
its an okay palce
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC18 October 2017
its a good job depending on your franchise. long hours, competitive wage, friendly staff. you never know what a average day is going to be like always un predictable.
Fast food
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB17 October 2017
Only worked here for a few months due to them letting me go because i had hockey tryouts. Well taken care of and lots of nice and amazing people, however were not flexible with other outside activities like promised
Pros
Met lots of great people
Cons
Not many hours
meh
Cashier, server, and cook (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK17 October 2017
I don't really like making review but I had to for this. I did learn how to help customers though. also how to handle stressful situations in the work place
Experience working there
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bishop's Falls, NL17 October 2017
Horrible , very unprofessional I found the managers very rude and unpolite it was a horrible experience when I was there,never again will I go to a&w in grands falls
Pros
Cons
Managers, favoritisum
fast paced
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Castlegar, BC17 October 2017
loved working in a fast paced job where I can be doing something all the time. liked cooking food for customers and seeing my regulars everyday and mornings
productive and fun environment
Supervisor/Cashier/cook/incharge (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 October 2017
perfect and hygienic food. good environment. love the onion rings. chicken is always fresh. team members are always in good nature and cooperative. good working schedules.
i was young
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 October 2017
i worked with caring staff i was only 14 but they made me feel like they cared a lot and it made working a lot better!!!! i was young but ended up with good hrs
it was a fun place to work at with such nice staff
Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 October 2017
i have learned alot while working at a&w. How to handle all the staff, ordering food for week, paying bills and most important thing i have learned how to communicate with customers.
Best Job Iv'e ever had, although pay is not the best
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  West Kelowna, BC10 October 2017
I absolutely love working as kitchen staff in a&w. It's a great job to gain experience and unlock new doors for other jobs. Only downside is the pay. Good Management is a huge must. I am thankful enough to have amazing managers that care about their employees and getting stuff done. I highly recommend if anyone is considering. I joined kitchen staff with no previous experience and picked up on it quickly. If you like moving fast and making food, I think you'd enjoy this job.
Pros
Easy, Fun, always on the move and doing something
Cons
pay raises are minimal
Good at first.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2017
A typical day at work was getting to work, being greeted by the staff, and being told what had happened on the previous shift. Once your shift had started, after about 5/6 pm the manager would leave and you would only have a team leader there. At most times the team leader would not lead, they would just make sure they were doing everything fine and hide in the kitchen, forcing the front staff to have to deal with customer complaints and problems.

Many of the staff had a problem with the owners, the owners were people who would over work us and not give recognition to when we had done a good job.

I loved the staff, but the owners are what set me over the edge.
Pros
Staff
Cons
No free meals except for the owners, late hours, 9-11 shifts in a row, always got requested days off rejected.
Great Customer Experience
A&W Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON9 October 2017
A day at work consisted of making a big contribution to helping everyone in the workplace to focus on specific goals for customer service. Working in the restaurant is a very positive and happy environment.
An okay job
Cuisinier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 October 2017
It was an okay job I didn't much like it but I got some experience since it was my first job, I liked my coworkers and learned a lot about the fast food industry.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
long hours and min.wage
Best place I have ever worked at!
Cashier (full time) (Current Employee) –  Athabasca, AB8 October 2017
Such a fun atmosphere to work in! My boss was amazing and all of my coworkers were friendly. It can get really busy, but everyone works TOGETHER to make it go smoothly!
Pros
Discounted lunches, Friendly Environment
Cons
Long hours, Busy lunch hour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A&W Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.