A&W Restaurants Employee Reviews

Love it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surr17 January 2017
Love it, it was so much fun working there i never felt like i worked there everyone is fabulous i always thought that a jove would be hard but woeking here i never felt like it
not easy to get to north hill location
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB16 January 2017
the food is great but not a great place to work. getting there if you don't have a car can be next to impossible especially in the winter time.
Fast-paced and efficient workplace with a friendly attitude
Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 January 2017
A typical day at work would begin with stocking the nearby freezer with enough frozen foods to last us through the dinner rush. When the dinner rush begins, the workers in the kitchen form a highly organized team, working together to make sure that there is always enough food made for orders, and that all the orders are completed in a timely manner. I learned to be able to keep track of many details at once and to remember what has been completed and what still needs to be done. To speak of management is to speak of my co-workers; which is to say, everyone from supervisors to franchise-owners pitch in and pull their own weight to make sure that everything runs as smoothly as possible. The most enjoyable part of the job would be working with all my friendly co-workers, who were more than willing to help new employees learn the ropes of kitchen work.
Pros
Flexible hours; friendly co-workers and employees; quality of job-skill education
Cons
Very high temperature in the kitchen; uncomfortable uniforms
Quality ingredients
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 January 2017
The company has put money and effort into changing the public perception of fast food, All locations are franchised so one location may be different from another and the corporate culture does not always filter down to the front line, The hardest part of the job is dealing with the public and that is also the most enjoyable.
Pros
Great food
Cons
pay
It was ok to work there
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kedmount road14 January 2017
I loved the job jut managermeny and the people were nasty I love the food and I love the company itself if I were in charge I hire people that wanted to work not just someone lookin for work and complain all the time
Pros
Free lunch awesome job
Cons
The people and the management
Fast Pace and always moving
Cashier/Drive-Thru operator (Former Employee) –  Kenora, ON11 January 2017
A great first job. This taught me about the value of working and what it means to be an employee. Everyone is helpful, and the co-workers are helpful and there when needed. Was never afraid to ask questions.
Fun Place to Work
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON10 January 2017
Flexible hours, non-stressful environment. The customers can be rude at times but its to be expected when working with the general public. Good place to work.
Do not work here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 January 2017
when i was working here i found out i was expecting a baby, when i told management they did not like the face that i was not allowed to lift heavy things (pop refills 50lbs each) they told me that i cant take the time that i needed for my doctors each month.
it is a horrible place to work for (the corner of Portage and Sturgeon)
Pros
non
Cons
treated like animals
Productive environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 January 2017
I like to work at A&W only because i get to interact with so many people. It is one of my hobby to meet people from different background and to know about them. A&W has given me so many friends.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Short shifts
it is good place to work and gain experiece in customer service
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 January 2017
I really like working there as it is good place to work and I can really learn good ways of communicating with each other and how to provide friendly customer service to customers.
Pros
Friendly relation, Good Workplace Environment
Cons
Less Hours
Productive and fun work place
Cashier & Cook (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB8 January 2017
Working at A&W can be very beneficial. Certain restaurants off scholarships depending on the owner as well as good benefits for full time employees. The workplace is generally busy but the hours can be flexible.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
very busy/fast pase work
Productive workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC8 January 2017
The best place to work and learn . The Company managers were very motivating and helped me to get through all the problems and I started learning all the concepts about cashier.
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  woodbridge6 January 2017
its a fun place to work as your first job, and you learn a lot of roles and responsibilities while working here. They are very flexible with hours.
Fun, and a little misguided
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC6 January 2017
Fast-paced environment, almost always. coworkers become more like family than any other job, small space means you learn a lot about your coworkers, and their ticks, and especially when not to tick them off. Loving work environment always. Learning how to resolve problems became a huge thing for us as working in our small "family" we had to learn that we we're always going to get along.
Pros
food
Cons
stressful understaffed shifts.
Good seasonal gig
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON4 January 2017
I appreciate the opportunity to learn more, always. It's fast paced and very busy during the holiday season. I was trained by the best and I wish it wasn't just for holiday help.
A&W Brantford
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON4 January 2017
Loved working there the owners made everyone feel like they were a important part of the working family... food service was tops food was always served hot and drinks were always cold other than hot drinks...
Pros
Awesome working environment
Cons
Located in a mall restricted hours
Fast pace, friendly co-workers and customers
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 January 2017
A typical work consisted of greeting costumers and preparing their orders at a timely manner. Working with friendly co-workers provided a healthy work environment.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
Transportation and short hours
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Merritt, BC28 December 2016
I enjoyed going to work most days. I liked to work with most of the staff there. The management was poor, another experienced worker and I had to step up at night and close the restaurant even on school nights. I wouldnt get home till 11pm then stay up later to complete homework and juggle school sports.
Friendly atmosphere
Superviser (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON27 December 2016
Always new things happening, new challenges.With an excellent group of co-workers, a helpful and caring management. The hardest part of the job was cleaning fryers and the easiest part was dealing with the customers .I enjoyed it.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Constant fast pace
Worst place to work
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC26 December 2016
Hard and dangerous. So disrespectful management and careless about employees. If you are sick you have to work because manager or supervisor does not want to find someone and they don't wanna get tired.so you have to work even you are dying.
Pros
Cons
Dangerous