A&W Restaurants Employee Reviews

Stressful and overwhelming workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 February 2017
Definitely underpaid for what you have to do. Must work at a very fast pace with minimal help, can lead to mistakes and even possible injuries as everything in the kitchen is very hot. If other opportunities are present, I do not recommend working here.
Pros
Free drinks, plenty of hours
Cons
Always understaffed, underpaid
I didnt like it
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON18 February 2017
I didn't like. There was no diversity. My boss is not very respectful towards his employees. The new manager and boss came in and did not take some of the advice of previous working employees with regards to certain things that would be more productive towards to the company
Fast Food Restaurant
Team-Lead (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON17 February 2017
A&W is your typically fast food restaurant. They are very concerned with wasting food and money and that is there priority.
Pros
40% off
Cons
managers suck
It was good.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON13 February 2017
A&W gets busy and we have to learn to work really well as a team under pressure in order to get the job done properly. I learned many things here, for example; Maintained high standards of customer service during high-volume, fast-paced operations. Communicated clearly and positively with coworkers and management, handled currency and credit transactions quickly and accurately, resolved complaints promptly and professionally, followed procedures for safe food preparation, assembly, and presentation I enjoyed interacting with customers and making them smile to make there visit pleasant and my day better.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC12 February 2017
It was a nice experience in general. The team was great and the manager knew his job. Most of the time the restaurant was empty. But it was very intense during rush hours.
Productive and fastpaced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 February 2017
Your whole shift involves serving customers and cleaning the restaurant. The hardest part of the job is keeping up during rush hours but the most enjoyable are the people you work with.
Good place to work well in school
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Hope, BC10 February 2017
Great starter job to show you how an actual job with scheduling works and can earn good money for a student to earn well in high school to save for a car or phone
Pros
People at the job tried mackin it fun
Cons
Long hours not many raises
Productive fun work place, Fun faced paced enviroment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 February 2017
My typical day was getting the store ready for breakfast , be there at 615 , put out the creams , start coffee, count till, grab the new papers and open. I learned how to mutlitask, and intract with new customers.
Pros
Meeting new people, having reglaur peopke
very busy
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC7 February 2017
Fast paced
Got to learn how to slice and make onion rings
Got to learn how they cleans the grease trap
Made some friends
Making burgers can be fun
Good First Job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON6 February 2017
Overall I enjoyed my time working at A&W. I was very good at my job making it easy to go into work and to communicate with guests whether they were regulars or not! I would say near the end of my employment, management became a lot more difficult to deal with thus causing me to end my job there.
Relaxed and friendly environment
Cashier and Cleaner (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick6 February 2017
In general A&W is a relaxed and calm restaurant to work at. A typical day is slow; there are many orders in the morning, around noon and between five to seven. There are very few orders in between those hours. This allows for plenty of time to keep up with cleaning the dining room and keeping my work station clean and well stocked. The staff is kind and easy to get along with and management is very friendly and accommodating. The most difficult part of the job is dealing with impatient customers late at night when there aren't enough hamburger patties ready for the order.
dependable
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC5 February 2017
i had this job before i went to Australia so it was easy for me to jump back into it. i knew a lot already and just had to be updated. I'm a hard worker and get my job done well.
Pros
dependable, steady, generally easy (for me)
Cons
not enough earnings to support my needs
Fun
Staff (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, ON4 February 2017
I work at A&W usaully night shift/ closing shift it was nice but tiring work being you need to close,clean and pack all the things needed during the morning, the manangement are funny and kind easy to get along with.the hardest part as i said was the cleaning. The most enjoyable part of the job i quess the adrenaline rush because It is on the go job you need to move alot.
Productive and fun workplace
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kemptville, ON3 February 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is the variety of people you get to encounter on a daily basis. The least enjoyable part of the job is dealing with ornery management staff.
excellent place to work
SENIOR SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Drumheller, AB1 February 2017
I have worked for A&W since the age of twelve, and it never gets old. The fast paced environment offer new challenges everyday.
Pros
Best place to work as a young kid.Tons of opportunities to advance within the company
cashier
Nova Scotia Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS30 January 2017
Atypical day at work consit of makig sure everything was stocked for the day and also till was floated for the day.
It was a good place to work, got along with eveyone.
the boss was really nice.
loved working there.
Pros
half price meals when working
Cons
nothing
fun place to work
Good pay
Nice ambiance
Meh
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC27 January 2017
It was a good starting point and it taught me lots but I would rather work with the people and not the food, Working there was good, any of the issues i had while working there were personal and not due to said job.
Pros
discounts
Cons
irrational customers
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB26 January 2017
I love my supervisor and manager, they are the most incredible caring people you will ever meet. its sad that i had to leave because the salary wasn't enough paying for my tuition fees.
Pros
Decent Salary
Cons
Long Hours
Friendly environment
Front Supervisor/Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON26 January 2017
I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for the loving and caring team members I had at there. The job taught me how to use a Point of sale system and interact with customers everyday. After about a year they promoted me to a supervisor. Where I was able to; supervise a team of five on a shift, count the tills and the deposit at the end of the night. I then was moved to the kitchen, where I learned everything there is to know about a fast food kitchen. From emptying the fryers, cleaning the grill, making orders, and calling out what order needs to be focused on first. The environment was amazing and I wouldn't have picked a better place to start working then there.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Grease burns