A&W Restaurants Employee Reviews

Its always fun working at a&w.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary Alberta9 December 2017
A&W its a fun place and you get to know different people,and treated each other us family. We all treat each other with respect and helping each other to get better.
Pros
Good environment.
The job is in Food court, hence, stressful work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 December 2017
On a typical day at work, I worked for 5-6 hours non-stop without a break and it can be very stressful every time you're in that job, however though I learned to multi-task, being careful on such equipment that can damage you physically, communicating with fellow co-workers, and becoming a part of the team. The hardest part of the job is that I definitely have to clean the whole kitchen and it takes about an hour to do so depending on your pace, in addition for the hard part of the job is also that I have to get out of the kitchen, go to the food court where there is so much people seeing you sweaty and going to the locker to pick up items containing food that weighs up to 70 lbs, but it is expected. The most enjoyable part of the job is that satisfying sound of the patties being cooked and flipping it and see that it's absolutely moist.
Pros
Good management
Cons
The job doesn't offer overtime pay, basically if I'm supposed to clock out at 10, but stays until 11 to clean the kitchen, that overtime doesn't get paid(That's why I left)
Hard work & low pay
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC6 December 2017
Very hard work with little pay. Pay increases are almost unheard of. Great job to gain work experience but would not recommend to stay in this work environment.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
low pay
Productive and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moosomin, SK5 December 2017
Fun and friendly stuff. Descriptions may include, but are not limited to, work environment, expectations, and Company policies (rules, restrictions). good
First Job that gave me experience and gave me a chance to provce myself as a worker.
Cashier / Service Crew (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 December 2017
The management has always been our number one supporter so it was nice being a part of the team. The crews that I have been worked with was very nice and approachable despite of our cultural differences.
I cleaned the tables
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, AB4 December 2017
I wiped tables and I swept the floors and moped the floors and I did the dishes and I washed the windows and I did the cheese and put dishes away after they came out of the dishwasher
Fun, hard work
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC4 December 2017
Very demanding job but the people are incredibly kind and motivating.Typically i would run the store. make the schedule, make the orders, run the shift, resolve any conflicts that came up with employees or customers
Productive and fun workplace with very respectful staff
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oliver, BC3 December 2017
The most enjoyable part is it is very diverse and I get to meet new people everyday as well as learn something new. Customers are very respectful of the space and overall a very calm and relaxing environment.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Dont recieve many hours
PT working with a bunch of teens
Server / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Three Hills, AB1 December 2017
Worked a variety of shifts but being that I was often the only "adult" on sight, I was often responsible for closing the restaurant but without the benefit of being a supervisor.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
working with irresponsible teens
Fun and fastpaced work enviroment with loads of room for advancements
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC1 December 2017
The employees are friendly and understanding. The 50•\• discount is awesome and the day seemed to fly by. Management was very helpful and welcoming. Overall would love to work here again.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Studious hours.
Not a good place to work with
Kitchen Staff/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ontario30 November 2017
This job is very physically demanding. Managers and supervisors likes to sit on their swivel chair while you struggle to get every orders done. Will only help you a bit then your on your own. As it gets busy they get mad at you for not getting all your back up done , it’s cause while they were busy browsing their phones , you were working so hard to make foods and could barely even leave your station. This is not a great place to work at all.
Pros
Cons
No benefits, low wages
Not a good work environment
Supervisor, kitchen, front (Former Employee) –  Bay Roberts, NL30 November 2017
The management and owner made you feel uncomfortable when they were around, their was never any recognition for the good that you done, only for what you didn’t get done! The owner be litted you making you feel like because he signed your pay checks he was better then you! Threatened my job for further my education, because my voice was to loud and for my clothing! Not a good environment to work in and would not recommend anyone to apply here!!
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Management and owner
A&w
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 November 2017
When i worked at A&W it was fun friendly customers were always great i loved helping them . I just did not like being yelled at in front of customers it was embarrassing
Pros
friendly
Cons
bad co workers
Busy work environment
Cashier & Cook (Former Employee) –  Winkler, MB28 November 2017
Really busy work environment, had to get the food out quick. I was responsible for training new employees, at counter and kitchen. The team seemed to be getting along well, even through the stress.
Pros
50% off for foods
Cons
Busy, Fast pace
working back in the kitchen was fun.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  etobicoke28 November 2017
long long ago i had worked with A&W.it was nice to be a part with.them. I have learned lots of things like name of burgers and how to make them.This is a good company to work with.
valery beaufort guerrier
Caissier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 November 2017
j.aimais pas beaucoup le salaire javis besoin beaucoup plus dargent
Pros
repas
Cons
pas beaucoup dheure
Friendly atmosphere and family oriented to satisfy the experience.
A&W Cashier (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB23 November 2017
I was so honored and grateful to have worked along the owner of the A&W stores in Slave Lake alberta. He motivated us all to work and always show the best side of making the experience un forgettable. I also had a place with my co workers, to share and take care of the store with ease and hard dedicating work. As for the customers they and i enjoyed many encounters of service.
Pros
worked for me like i worked for them.
Cons
bad days. which were rare.
laid back environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL22 November 2017
Very easy job with not a lot of responsibility. good for younger people. just basically served guests all day and cleaned mugs. not a very busy establishment.
cuisine
Agent de service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 November 2017
preparation des mets

nettoyage apres le rush

-compter la caisse
Good job, not very good management or staff.
Staff Trainer (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 November 2017
Had severely poor management. Evaluations not done when the should be. Wage increases not done when they should be. Very lazy management. Rarely find a team member that does their job properly.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at A&W Restaurants. Our community is ready to answer.