LOCATION: Prince George, BC & Surrounding Areas
EXPERIENCE LEVEL(S): Junior, Mid-Level, Senior
TYPES(S): Permanent, Full Time, Rotational Schedule
MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL(S): High School
- General labour, pulling spikes from rail by hand, hammering spikes into rail with various different types of hammers
- Shoveling rocks and dirt for manual grading of surfaces and clearing ballasts.
- Various loading and unloading of heavy materials such as tools and equipment (spikes, tie plates, joint bars etc.) to and from various vehicles and machines.
- Clearing railway crossings of brush and tall grass using hand held tools and equipment
- Removal of tie plates from the rail
- Snow removal
- Occasional driving of company vehicle
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- General understand of how to operate small equipment such as, but not limited to rail saws, drills, grinders, puller, air compressor, bolter, and back pack blower
- General understanding how to operate hand tools such as, but not limited to hammers, claw bars, drift pin, scythes, brooms, shovel, pick, and track jacks.
- A high school diploma with at least 2 years full time work experience as a General A Valid Class 5 Alberta Operators License
- Valid CSTS, First Aid, H2S Alive and Ground Disturbance level 2 courses are considered an asset.
- Basic understanding of survey grades and construction methods.
- Ability to read instructions, follow technical specifications and grade plans.
- Ability to perform various types of physical labour including moderate to heavy lifting, standing, bending, shovelling, etc.
- Sound understanding of safety regulations, safe work practices and work procedures and be capable of assisting in maintaining safe work sites.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Perform duties in inclement weather, with possible exposure to severe weather conditions.
- Proficiency in the safe operation and maintenance of various related equipment and tools.
- Ability to maintain concentration and mental alertness in a variety of situations.
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance and storage
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong stress management and time management skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Pay
- An industry leading comprehensive benefits program
- The opportunity to work with a great team where Safety is an integral part of our culture
Please send your resume and a cover letter quoting “General Labour - Prince George, BC” in the subject line to:
Sarah Khan – Human Resources Generalist
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.