We are looking to hire one experienced musical instructor for our early childhood music program. The instructor will be in charge of teaching up to a maximum 10 students per class between the ages of newborn to age 7.
The ideal candidate should:
1. Enjoy working and have previous experience teaching music, drama, or voice to young children (ages 3 to 15)
2. Have previous experience directing young children in a musical theatre presentation
3. Possess a bachelor music degree or ARCT preferred
4. Instructor must have a vocal training and have experience teaching to young children
5. Have ability to move expressively to music and relate well to young children & parents
6. Available to work flexible hours
7. Own or access to a vehicle
We are looking for individual who are excellent communicators, organized and effective group leaders, enthusiastic, energetic and inspirational with groups of young children.
- Strong singing / sight-reading
- Dynamics classroom manner
- Strong music fundamentals (sense of pitch, rhythm, harmony)
- Musical creativity (improvisation, composition)
- Versatility (play and teach various musical style)
- Good knowledge of theory and harmony
We offer fun, enriching music programs for newborn to age 10 that encourage and promote self-expression and social growth in small, supportive, age-appropriate classes.
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position; however, candidates who most closely meet the requirements will be invited for an audition/interview, where they will be required to showcase their voice and teaching talent.