Job title: Web Designer
Type of role: Internship
Compensation: We cannot afford to pay. We're mainly looking for a more junior person that's still in school or recently graduated and looking to build their portfolio.
Schedule: flexible hours
Starts: July 1, 2014
Ends: 8 weeks with option to extend it
Reporting to: Co-Founders
80 Proof Digital is a boutique Digital Marketing agency based in Toronto. The agency was founded by 2 Digital Marketing Specialists that have worked with many multinational corporations and Fortune 500 companies around the world.
What will you learn?
- all the ins and outs of SEO from some of the top guys in the industry (when over 80% of the consumers use search engines to research a product/service/company prior to making a purchase decision, knowing everything about how search engines work and how to rank well in Google is essential)
- best practices in terms of web design as per Google’s guidelines
- how to design websites with conversion rates in mind
- and the significant benefit of learning how to build your own online business
What we need from you?
- Help us design 1 website in the home improvement industry
Although that is what we need from you we’ll also listen to what you need from us and we’ll make sure that you get everything you’re looking to get out of the internship as well.
What’s in it for you?
- Learn a skill you cannot learn at school or any other company (other companies do not have the knowledge that we do) that is in very high demand.
- Learn everything there is to learn in terms of SEO, PPC, and Social Media and how everything ties back to website design and user experience. Learn this from the co-founders of 80 Proof Digital who have worked with many multinational corporations in the past such as RE/max, Expedia, Flight Network, Foresters, iTravel2000, Primus, Rogers, etc.
- Learn how to design websites in the “new age of Google”
- Potential for an ongoing full time position
- Reference letter at the end of the internship will be provided as requested
What’s in it for us?
- Ability to meet new interns for potential future partnerships and new ideas that each brings
- High-quality sites created for us
- A warm, fuzzy feeling for helping students and recent grads get some experience on their resume (we were all in your shoes at one point)
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent communication skills
- Has good attention to detail
- Self-starter with high work standards
- Is organized and can meet deadlines
- Is an overachiever and go-getter
- Has the technical skills required to create wireframes, mockups and final designs that developers can work off of.
If you don’t have all the above qualities, no biggie. These are not pre-requisites, but rather attention-grabbing perks.