Business Development Consultant - B2B Sales – French, Wolof, Pulaar Speaker
Toronto - Ontario
Permanent - $42000 / $55000 plus bonus
About the company
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing company with an outstanding reputation.
We specialize in providing strategic business development coaching, market research, project management and consulting services to companies located in Senegal, Mauritania and Canada.
Recent opportunities have emerged that require the expansion of our services in Canada and also in Western and Sub-Saharan Africa and we are looking to hire an ambitious, driven and passionate Business Development Consultant to join our high profile Corporate Sales Team based in Toronto, Ontario.
This position consists of a base salary coupled with a bonus (based on results) and a career potential that is second to none.
The incumbent will work with the current executive management team and be exposed to: Sales/Marketing, Finance, Operations, Global Business Opportunities, Global Sales Strategy, Change Management and Corporate Strategy.
In liaison with senior decision makers at global corporations, you will be responsible for identifying, initiating contact, creating awareness, exploring and generating new business opportunities for companies located in Western African Countries, primarily Mauritania, Senegal, (and possibly other countries) looking for investors, and business partners in Canada.
What you will be responsible for:
"Hunting" new business opportunities
Lead generation (defining and executing the appropriate partner(s) selection strategy).
Calling and Meeting prospects on a weekly basis in industry vertical markets
Developing and maintaining marketing and clients presentation materials
Developing and pitching partnership proposals , Negotiating Commercial Terms of Business and Rates
Managing time sensitive projects, Account Management and Cross Selling for Account Development
Conducting market research in emerging economies (market analysis, business cases…)
Traveling to client sites (local/Canada) when required as a means to promote and stimulate new growth opportunities.
The right candidate must be able to demonstrate, strong time management skills, organizational and planning skills, presentation skills, professionalism and be focused on personal improvement and the acquisition of technical sales skills.
You must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the factors that influence emerging markets, the political and regulatory factors effecting international business and have a reasonable grasp of basic macroeconomics/current economic issues in Senegal, Mauritania and other West African countries.
Additionally, s/he will have a proven track record of success, consistently meeting and exceeding goals.
The successful candidate is:
- An entrepreneurial and self-starter person who sees the benefits of working within a large company and sophisticated structure
- Energetic, confident, driven, adaptable, organized, has the ability to prioritize, can work without direct supervision, team player with high regard and sensitivity to customer needs
- Professional demeanour, ability to maintain a trusted client relationship
- Competitive edge and desire to excel
- Strong written and oral French, English and polished communication skills. Fluency in sub-Saharan dialects (Pulaar, Wolof) is essential for this role.
- Must have experience presenting investment services to high net worth individuals and corporations.
- International experience is a must: a strong interest and knowledge of international business, financial markets, emerging markets and experience dealing with foreign organizations
*A bachelor degree in Economics / Finance / Business Administration
*Canadian securities courses would be an asset
Indeed - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard