Reporting to the VP, Procurement, the Procurement Managerl sources and purchases assigned products by developing and implementing sourcing strategies to optimize sales and profit performance, based on the concept of lowest Total Procurement Cost, in order to provide high service performance for our customers balanced with cost effective inventory management practices.
The responsibilities of this position align with and support the company’s Mission and Values, and its business objective to grow sales and profitability by providing professional, high quality products and services to our customers, with an emphasis on food safety.
- Build and maintain positive relations with supply partners.
- Negotiate with supply partners to reduce Total Procurement Cost, with a focus on win/win solutions.
- Place orders with assigned supply partners.
- Monitor supplier performance with KPI’s for quality, delivery, service performance, invoice accuracy, and implement corrective action as required.
- With support from Logistics, ensure inventory for assigned products is adequate to meet service level requirements, adjusted as required to meet sales trends and changes to supplier lead time.
- Maintain and update cost and pricing for assigned products.
- Monitor margin exceptions and initiate corrective action as required.
- Monitor aged inventory and initiate corrective action as required.
- Define and recommend alternative sourcing solutions to reduce Total Procurement Cost.
- Resolve disputes and claims with assigned suppliers.
- Keep all supplier programs current and accurate.
- Ensure continuous communication with Sales team related to market trends, cost/price, and supply/demand.
- Ensure supplier compliance with industry/company accreditation and safety requirements
- For assigned import products, comply with all import and brokerage requirements, including CFIA documentation.
- Keep abreast of new trends and regulations, as these impact on sourcing strategies
- Participate in company strategic planning.
- Comprehensive understanding & experience of purchasing strategies and inventory management, with a strong preference for experience in the food service industry.
- A minimum of 5 years of broad based Purchasing experience
- Demonstrated performance with cost saving initiatives.
- Extensive knowledge of purchase order systems and related software.
- Deep understanding of the principles of vendor management.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Experience with international and cross functional projects
- Results-oriented, a problem solver.
- Strong interpersonal skills and high energy.
- A solid and mature business sense.
- Resourceful and well organized
- Self starter who enjoys a challenge.
- Assertive and purposeful.
- Strong negotiator/persuasive communicator.
- Team player
- Works well under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to utilize resources to achieve results.
- Detailed oriented and organized
Indeed - 10 months ago