7-Eleven Employee Reviews in Canada

PRODUCTIVE OF BEING A CASHIER.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCNovember 2, 2015
ITS A CHALLENGING JOB DUE TO DIFFERENT PEOPLE YOU ENCOUNTER . ESPECIALLY IN TREM OF DEALING WITH THEM, BUT THIS THJE JOB THAT I CAN SAY IT MAKE ME ENJOY AND FUN ESPECIALLY WHEN THE CUSTOMERS APPRECIATE YOUR JOB.
It was a fun job!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 16, 2015
It was a good cashier job. Lots of customer service interaction.
Very busy fast paced.
It was a good 8 hour shift.
Fresh food.
Fresh Coffee
Lottery
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Very busy
good starter job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABSeptember 2, 2015
On a typical day I come into a dirty store with little fresh food on or food that is expiring soon. I have to cook, clean, serve customers, put away orders, order fresh food, block and face, do dishes, count smokes and lottery all without any help.
Pros
free pop, slurpee or coffee
Cons
no day shifts, poor management, not enough labour hours
OVERALL 7-ELEVEN IS A FAIR COMPANY THAT SEES QUALITY EMPLOYEE AND BE REWARDED
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  16 AVE NE CALGARY, ABJuly 29, 2015
SEEING OVERALL OPERATIONS OF THE STORE. DEALING WITH DIFFERENT TYPES OF CUSTOMER. SUPERVISING STAFF. ENSURING SAFETY IS ON PLACE. ORDERING ITEMS. CHECKING AND COMMUNICATING GOALS. MAKE PLAN ON HOW IT WILL BE MET.
WITH MY MANAGER, SHE IS SUPPORTIVE AND A GOOD TEACHER, WHICH IS WHAT I APPLY WITH MY CO WORKERS. NEVER STOP TRAINING THEM.
I ENJOY THE JOB BECAUSE OF NEW LEARNING IN MY CAREER. IT IS DIFFERENT FROM FAST FOOD RESTAURANTS. AS HERE I HAVE LEARNED TO ORDER CONFECTIONERY AND STILL PERFECTING IT. NOT TOO HIGH AND NOT TOO LOW IN STOCKS.
HARDEST PART IS THERE ARE CUSTOMERS THAT STEALS ITEM AND MUST DEAL OR CONFRONT THEM.
Pros
EVERY 6 MONTHS PERFORMANCE REVIEW/DENTAL AND MEDICAL BENIFITS
Cons
NO FREE MEAL
7-11
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABNovember 13, 2015
I love the people I worked, i just like how the employees were trained by the manager. they would hold a grudge if you didnt do something properly.
Pros
loved the staff
Cons
manager didnt treat us properly
Work very hard and long hours
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 17, 2015
I would say its one of the hardest jobs! You work hard to keep old stores look good, you try to make the goals they set- which are very high. They let there District Mgr do what they want and say what they want to you. Your lucky if you see them in 2 to 3 weeks when they only cover 5 to 7 stores in their district...
Pros
nothing
Cons
There never happy
Great place to learn
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCOctober 26, 2015
7 eleven is a great learning environment for new people starting off in a retail environment. The job is demanding at first, but managers and co workers help you a lot to improve multi tasking skill.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MbOctober 12, 2015
Good place to work but there is no future opportunity with the company. The training does not seem to be up to standards I am familiar with. Also not a very sage environment to work in. People are okay to work.
Pros
People
Cons
Overall, a difficult job.
Certified Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 29, 2016
Enjoyable enough workplace with a lot to do, though workers will find that they are always busy.
Some locations are quite busy and you will not get a break even if you work it out with your co-worker to try and get one as the stores can get very busy quickly.
Employee reviews are done yearly, wage increases are scant and in my personal experience I did not receive one in my first year as I did not contribute enough to food sales which 7-Eleven has a strong focus on trying to sell.
I learnt how to work quickly, precisely, under pressure and politely with a very large customer base, as well as better time management and good forecasting skills for ordering products.
Scheduled shifts are not planned very well if one calls in sick, in some cases an 8 hour day can turn into a 12 hour one.
Some midnight workers are solo through the night but usually after you have worked at the location for some time and management believes you can take it.
The job was difficult but I feel it has taught me a lot, I would not suggest this job to one who would like to take breaks and sit down on the job, you will be on your feet around the cash register working with food products, selling products and keeping things in order around the store for the whole shift on most days.
Pros
Free drinks from the machines (Coffee, Slurpee, Fountain pop)
Cons
Too fast paced for some workers. Work schedule is planned poorly
Productive and challenging work dealing with customers
Cashier/ Sales Associate (part- time) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 27, 2015
Job security is so well aside from the management. It's a wonderful work place to get exposed with different customers with different moods and behaviours...
Pros
Good set of colleagues
Cons
long work standing, unruly customers especially at night
Good working atmosphere
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 11, 2015
Good Co-workers.
During school days, typical to handle kids in store.
Management is good.
Being food store, mostly all the work of CDC has to be done.
However, good interaction with customers.
Enjoying new contacts.
Pros
Free beverage
Cons
8 Hrs shift
Excellent place to serve people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 29, 2015
I maintained store, and delivered customer service almost every night, always available in case of other coworkers non availability, I learnt a lot from 7-Eleven, like how to maintain a store, handle cash, customer service, inventory management, performance management. I found excellent store managers, the stores was managed by qualified professionals and exceed their goals most of the time, i found my coworkers, supportive and flexible. The hardest part of my job was to stay focus in night shift and provide accurate, fast customer service; and the most enjoyable part was to enjoy free Slurpee and coffee.
Pros
Free slurpee and coffee for employees
Cons
Always available for work
7-Eleven Work
Sales (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 7, 2015
At 7-Eleven, you are given a bit more control than other typical competitors jobs.
Employees are encouraged to learn ordering, do paperwork and work with the manager to make the store highly efficient.

Night hours can be a bit of a drag since 7-Eleven does operate 24/7
not a very good place to work
Assistant store leader (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCSeptember 14, 2015
one bad thing about customer service is that if you are a short tempered person then customer service is not your field no matter what happens the company doesn't want to lose the customer even if he spits on your face.
Fun working place
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJune 27, 2015
Typical day is busy, sometimes we have to accomplish a task once a week like ordering. I learned how to communicate with different people better. The management is okay and my co-workers are friendly. The hardest part of it is when we don't know the schedule for the next week and the most enjoyable is when you learn new things.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Schedule may change every week
Fast Paced Goal Oriented Work Environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  VctoriaJune 13, 2015
This jog involves managing all aspects of a retail store. This included hiring, training and managing employees, doing daily paper work and managing cash, creating a schedule for a 24/7 work environment, keeping the store to 7-11 merchandising and cleanliness standards, ordering all products and supplies necessary to run the business as well setting and meeting sales goals for target products.
Pros
Competitive Pay
Cons
HIgh level of commitment needed
7 Eleven store was good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MbOctober 22, 2015
7 Eleven Store was flexible, a lot to learn which I enjoy learning. Always busy doing something which made time fly by. I'd go back and work my way up to manager.
Productive and provides slurpees on shift
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SKJune 21, 2016
My typical day at work at 7-Eleven would be filling the lottery up front ,counting cartons and "The Singles" cigarettes while running the till. Occasionally I would walk around the store keep it clean and organized, wash windows and doors as well as sweep and mop. I would cook pizza and make pizza boxes for full orders. I also cooked things like "mini tacos", mini churros, wings, meatball kabobs, I also baked cookies on the morning shifts. Before and after every shift we would "cashout our till", I would count the safe and the money left in my cash register and I would do all the math from cashout and counting cigarettes as well as cartons and the lottery records. I got along with most of my co - workers, some of them didn't take me as seriously as others because of my age. I felt discriminated and a lot of gossiping was happening and every shift two clerks were running till and almost every shift one employee would not fully do their job or slack. Hardest part about my job was training new employees and running till alone with a lineup to the other end of the store. Being left alone on till with 30 customers is challenging but every time I managed to deal with it and keep up. Occasionally I would receive complements from customers about my great hard working customer service. The most enjoyable part about that job was seeing so many familiar faces come through the door and running the till.
Pros
Free Slurpees on shift only
Cons
No discounts
It is fun place to work for meeting different customers
7 eleven certified sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMay 28, 2015
I have known most of work within 2weeks
training.
It is interesting for co workers who've
worked there over an year asks me where
the producks were.
As per co-workers, they have there own minds
and some are so lazy and just want to kill the
time.
Not really hard work for I know most of it
and if new employees come, I train them all
myself.
Most enjouable part of the job was meeting
regular cusromers and meeting new customers.
Pros
pays for our breaktime
Cons
N/A
Solid retail company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BCJune 13, 2015
There are many exciting things about working for 7-Eleven. There are great programs in play now and some coming in the near future. The company really tries to cater to its customers. I am a Store Manager, on call 24/7, and have been for 2 years. Since joining, I have learned that 7-Eleven has a great competitor edge, gaining many 'exclusives' throughout the seasons.