7-Eleven Employee Reviews

Happy workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philippines26 June 2017
I really loved working at 7 11 corp. I learned here how to handle cash depositing in the bank when my manager is off.For me nothing is hard.I love the management and the rules.
Great Experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Powell River, BC26 June 2017
With this job i enjoyed it alot because of the wonderful people i got to work with and meet i love talking with people and learning intresting things and here i got to talk to people from all over the world that came into the store. was a great experience well it lasted.
They exspected alot of your time above and beyond the 40-44 work week.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 June 2017
I learned a lot from my exsperience with this company. They have a long training program, but I found you were left to figure a lot out on your own. They expect you to juggle so much with minimal staff and hours, especially when you run a 24 hour business. Overall would not work a job like this again.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Work life ballance
Review
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 June 2017
Amazing place to work. Love the staff and how supportive they are of you as well as the opportunity for growth in the company. I enjoyed getting to know so many new people.
It was nice expereice
Supervisor & Cash Controller (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 June 2017
if consider learning i have learned a lot in this job as discussed in my resume but there were certain set backs in the job the worst of management particularly in my location no appreciation even if you exceed expectations in the job.
Demotivated and all but some of the employees are really good and cooperative so with them i made it so far other wise no chance.
Gave the Best
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK20 June 2017
Physical work and managerial skill is most vital element to sustain in this current portfolio. Need to do all the round clock work and trying to satisfy the company need is important.
Very Productive
Certified Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 June 2017
Busy days always.
Learnt customer service skills and time management.
Busy environment and friendly culture.
Easy going job ,Manager was very nice and helpful
Bad Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alberta18 June 2017
The management don't care even if you working hard. To much work the salary wasn't worth it. The FC so mean. And the hardest part of this job is you doing everything but they don't want you to stayed for overtime but they ask you to do everything for 8 hours or less. And there is a time that you cannot have a help for the management in short they don't care for they employee at all..
Pros
free coffee
Cons
to much work
Productive and good environment place to work in
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 June 2017
Normal day at work is starting off behind the cashier in the busy afternoon and then staking up food and beverages during the evening.

In this job I have learned to multi-task with my work. As well as communicated and problem solve customer's problem efficiently.

My supervisor was a strong leader that help his employees when needed.

Around noon during the weekend the workplace was busy but then cools down during the evening.

The best part of the job is the drinking a Slurpee after work during the summer time.
Pros
Free Slurpee
Cons
Finishing late night
Fun to work here
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Alberta15 June 2017
This is very good place to work . manager is very co operative . Getting good hrs over all l like working here. Very close to my house so it is very convenient
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Less salary
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Brooks, AB15 June 2017
a typical day at work is that you always stay busy and that theirs always something to do. i've learned how to deal with customers the right way when something goes wrong, learned how to do lottery, order products, etc.. the workplace environment was good everyone was friendly and helped me when i needed the help. The hardest part of my job was trying to deal with a customer who stole something from the store.
Nice place to work
Certified Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 June 2017
I have been working here for the past 3 years. I am really happy with the management and the job culture provided by 7-11. There is always a possibility for advancement at 7-11 and they also increase your salary if you work hard.
good work place if your younger
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 June 2017
the seven eleven i worked at was not the best time I had.But cant talk for them all. seven eleven is probably a great place to work . my manager made our job not so fun.
Pros
customer are great
Cons
manager was not so good.
A mediocre experience
Employee (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB11 June 2017
At first, the workplace feels wonderful and everything is not too terribly stressful. However, over time, its difficult to not be stressed out with the crazy things that occur in that work place. From theft to assault, from drug abusers to kindly regulars. This workplace is either absolutely wonderful or completely dreadful.
Pros
Free drinks throughout a shift, benefits
Cons
High stress, Unpredictable guests
Enjoyable job and fun workplace
Assistant Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 June 2017
7-Eleven is good to work for people who don't have any work experience. By working there they can gain various skills and there is also an opportunity for advancement. But, the thing is they are not paying well their employees. This is a drawback for them. If they have to retain their staff members than they have to pay them well based on the job responsibilities.
Pros
Free Coffee, Easy to learn work.
Cons
Not paying well and sometimes no job and life balance.
Overall a good place to work
Store Manager/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB7 June 2017
The experience I had with the company was positive, the biggest drawback is the limited options for advancement past the store level. The flexibility of shifts is a plus for many, training ranges from average to excellent depending on the store you are trained in
Pros
Benefits for full time employees
Cons
Limited options for advancement
challenging and enjoyable when devoted for the job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 June 2017
Bussy, long customer line, each customer need a special greet and treat must be and quick servings to them. Also, alert on shoplifting same time. Correct cash handling and summaries of them also important. General cleaning, moping, serves to the customers on gas dispensing along with all these tasks are prominent.

I learned general customer approaches in the Canadian context. Also learned the Canadian money system, how differentials of responses are from the customers, security measures and how to act when a sudden related or unrelated problems arise during the shift. Canadian policies on shopliftings and behaviors of the lifters.

corporate culture, teamwork is highly needed.trustworthiness is most
expected.

The hardest part is attending for personal problems of customers inside the store. That is a time waste.

The most enjoyable part is treatment from regular customers.
Pros
medical benefits
Cons
Night shift
Stuff lots of stuff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 May 2017
I was sexually assaulted in the work place by a night shift supervisor, the store manager did not seem to take this seriously. only after being fired was i able to contact the district manager who placed me again in a new location and dealt with the employee in question.
The hours endlessly change are never consistent
District manager is a very nice guy he helped me and look the situation very seriously.

other then that at the new location everything was wonderful
except for the forever changing shifts and hours made it impossible to have a social life
Pros
i only had a bad experience in the first store the second store was good
Cons
shift hours change to often causing sleep deprivation
Great fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 May 2017
I am working very long period of this company I learn so many things hear my life first step to in canada i get chance to work and learn with team as team members I am great full to 7-11
Cons
40, hours
Good starting workplace for experience.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 May 2017
Great for a side job or just working to get some experience in sales and to save up for that PS4 or Xbox One that you wanted. Starter experience in ordering/Forecasting, receiving and verifying inventory orders and to know your local neighborhood. :)
Pros
Free carwash bi-weekly and mystery shop bonuses.
Cons
Erratic work hours for full-time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 7-Eleven. Our community is ready to answer.