7-Eleven
1,165 reviews

7-Eleven Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Recommended that you only stay with this job for a year or less and moving onto something else--
Sales Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 25, 2012
Pros: drinks are free, steady hours (32 to 40 on average), dental and other medical needs are available.
Cons: everything else
-- as a 23 year-old young adult, I can say that working at 7-Eleven was one of the worst work experiences I've ever had since graduating high-school in 2008.

A typical day would start off as either me showing up early in the morning... or late at night (Between the hours 10 p.m. and 11 p.m.) to a messy store, the staff member (Normally alone) would – more... be trying to clean up the store as best as possible... but given the nature of the night-shift... and working alone and over-tired, stuff that would normally take five minutes drags on to about half-an-hour or more and it might not get done at all.

The manager would show up and demand to know why those small thing haven't been finished, and the excuse "I didn't have enough time because it was busy tonight--" wasn't accepted. And I would receive a stern talking to and a Pink slip.

The management demanded near-perfection during inspections, and would only accept a rating of 90% or higher. anything below a 90 rating would result in a pink slip for a failed inspection.

The other staff members were also suffering from work related stress issues and many would just not want to show up and were either fired, or they quit on the spot.

Sadly... the most enjoyable part of working at 7-Eleven was "Quitting Time". And as I discovered after working at this one location for three years... the money itself wasn't even worth it in the long run. – less
Fast Paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, AbMarch 21, 2012
Pros: contact with public
Cons: shift work(graveyards)
I worked at many different locations in Calgary.
7-Eleven had the best benefit package of all the places that I worked.
With medical, dental, eyes, and a retirement plan that the company put money into to match your savings.
great customer service
certified senior sales associate (Current Employee), kamloops bcFebruary 29, 2012
they provide great customer service and provide a clean and enjoyable atmostpher.
Manager of Store
MANAGER (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLAugust 31, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: no health coverage no vacations, or personal days or sick days
going in at 4am and leaving at 8pm or later
that running a fastfood store was more my life then my family
management didn't help much they just dictated.
my 12+ employees were great
being called at 2 am in the morning when someone was calling out
customers were the best part of my day
the whole run of operation
Cashier, Australia (Former Employee), 211 Tucker Road, MCKINNON VIC 3204August 30, 2014
During the working period, I learnt how to service the customer, deal with some emergency issue (drunk man, power off, etc).
Our manager was usually not in store, so I needed to order staffs,clean store and other maintain work.
The hardest part is when there comes crowed customers. At that time, we must keep calm and service customers smoothly. So the – more... operation can run without issue. – less
Fun way to meet people while working.
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Wayne, MIAugust 30, 2014
Pros: metting new people, wonderful first cashier experience, wonderful staff to work with
I worked midnights, so typical night consumed of late nighters getting snacks or beer. After two o'clock the after bar people would 'stumble' in and it was always kind of a chuckle. Most were nice but youd find the occasional rude person. I learned quick money counting and how to do inventory checklist. Worked with the delivery people, checking in inventory. – more... Co-workers were always fun, even though i was usually by myself. The hardest part of my job was just keeping an eye on everyone in the store, mostly just the busy times. Enjoyable was meeting new people and sparking up conversations. My boss was one of the nicest people ive ever met. She was always resonable when something came up at the last moment, and always made sure it was a safe and stable environment for you to work in. – less
Fast paced with many responsibilities
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Bridgewater, VAAugust 28, 2014
Cons: no set breaks/lunch, no benefits
Typical day at work - worked with customers and completed tasks previous shifts failed to complete, then completed my assigned tasks. Management had obvious favorites and the few other employees carried the work load. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customers and establishing a rapport.
The partiality occurred at the Bridgewater – more... location, not the Mt Crawford location. – less
Fun place, always busy, friendly people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 27, 2014
Greet customers, cashier duties, stock merchandise, order and inventory.
Store Leader (Former Employee), Dover, DEAugust 25, 2014
A good way to start off when looking for warehousing jobs. it gives you the essential job requirements, such as inventory/ cdc truck etc.
skills
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Kissimmee, FLAugust 25, 2014
Pros: night shift
Cons: lowsly coworkers
⦁ Provide prompt, efficient and courteous customer service
⦁ Maintain a clean, customer friendly environment in the store
⦁ Ring customer sales on an electronic cash register
⦁ Receive cash from customers and give correct change
⦁ Perform all regular cleaning activities and other tasks that are included on job assignments
⦁ Forecast, order and stock – more... merchandise – less
Great Customers
Clerk (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: free food and drinks
Cons: no medical
I am a great team player, get along well with the public and with co-workers. I would love to be able to grow with the company. I am a very hard worker and detailed.
Volunteer (Current Employee), Landover, MDAugust 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: customers that mess up the slurpee area
while volunteering it was a very relaxed day. i learner how to cook and make coffee, the co workers were very cool. the hardest part was the rude customers. the most enjoyable part of the job would be the cooking.
Never work for them again
Certified Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLAugust 21, 2014
Pros: the job itself, although stressful at times, is fairly easy.
Cons: everything else.
I worked for 7-eleven for almost 7 years, and they have absolutely zero loyalty for their employees. All the higher ups care about is getting the store in tip top condition, so they can sell it to a franchisee. There is no room for advancement in the company anymore. The franchised stores barely pay over minimum wage, don't give any benefits (insurance, – more... vacation, sicktime, ect) and will even resort to lying to their employees about getting benefits and raises that will NEVER come. I could go on forever about how horrible this company is, but i'll end it here. DON'T WORK FOR 7 ELEVEN! – less
Okay place to work
Associate (Former Employee), Peyton, COAugust 20, 2014
Working here wasn't necessarily bad, I would work for 7-Eleven as a company again, but I would never work for the same owners. They were just starting their business (I started working for them on day 1) and they had no clue how to run things.
A very upbeat environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 20, 2014
A typical day consist of greeting customers, maintaining the quality of the store and completing sales.
Nice workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), ILAugust 20, 2014
This job was overall a good job. It was in a small area where you could get to know majority of your customers which was awesome. Everyone who you work with was fun and exciting and as long as everyone did their job it was fairly easy.
Boring
Cashier (Former Employee), Goshen, INAugust 19, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: no hours
Stand at your cart and cook food and pass out samples. Cook and clean. Follow all health and food safety rules.
7 Eleven
Senior Sales Asst (Current Employee), Olympia, WAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no breaks
It is a fast pace work place with high standard on food maintenance
handling. Management will not train propyl all training willing be provide by you and on personal time.
My Management Experience Review
Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ashton-Sandy Spring, MDAugust 17, 2014
Pros: free food, flexible schedule
Cons: low wages, high employee turnover rate
In the morning remove the cash from the safe located near the sales counter, counted money and made bank deposit slips. Helped employees ring up customers and also managed employees for all 3 shifts. The hardest part of the job was to keep up with the high employee turnover rate, yet still managed to keep the store operation stable. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was greeting customers and having conversations with them. – less
great environment
Front Service Clerk (Former Employee), Hampton, VAAugust 17, 2014
Forecasted, ordered and stocked merchandise. Provided excellent customer service. Processed transactions using system

About 7-Eleven

"If convenience stores are open 24 hours, why the locks on their doors?" If anyone knows, it's 7-Eleven. The North American subsidiary – Read more