7-Eleven
1,103 reviews

7-Eleven Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Burned after management training program
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 8, 2012
Cons: no breaks
I worked harder than any of the others in the management training program - cleaning and serving customers and got let go because of the inefficiences in the training program (computer based and boring as heck!). The training manager was a lazy so and so who did no training.
My advice - DON'T DO IT !! You can find a better job.
a typical day at work
Temporary Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Golden, BCMay 3, 2012
Pros: enjoying the meeting of different people
Cons: not being trained properly to run, operate a convenience store
A typical day was going to work and opening safe, balancing cash, making sure chicken was on time. what i learned is that one has to be properly trained to run a c-store. co-workers were ok, would have been better if i wasn't friends with them before i was asked to be a temporary store manager. the hardest part of this job, was that i feel i wasn't – more... trained properly to run and operate a convenience store. The most enjoyable part was the different people i met. – less
Great Management, typical convenience store
Sales Associate & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Maple Ridge, BCApril 25, 2012
Pros: extremely personable management, hours were flexible for the most part
Cons: very long hours
The people at this store were the best I've ever had the pleasure to work with. All of the management were extremely understanding and nice. I only left because the hours were slow and I was returning to school.
Recommended that you only stay with this job for a year or less and moving onto something else--
Sales Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 25, 2012
Pros: drinks are free, steady hours (32 to 40 on average), dental and other medical needs are available.
Cons: everything else
-- as a 23 year-old young adult, I can say that working at 7-Eleven was one of the worst work experiences I've ever had since graduating high-school in 2008.

A typical day would start off as either me showing up early in the morning... or late at night (Between the hours 10 p.m. and 11 p.m.) to a messy store, the staff member (Normally alone) would – more... be trying to clean up the store as best as possible... but given the nature of the night-shift... and working alone and over-tired, stuff that would normally take five minutes drags on to about half-an-hour or more and it might not get done at all.

The manager would show up and demand to know why those small thing haven't been finished, and the excuse "I didn't have enough time because it was busy tonight--" wasn't accepted. And I would receive a stern talking to and a Pink slip.

The management demanded near-perfection during inspections, and would only accept a rating of 90% or higher. anything below a 90 rating would result in a pink slip for a failed inspection.

The other staff members were also suffering from work related stress issues and many would just not want to show up and were either fired, or they quit on the spot.

Sadly... the most enjoyable part of working at 7-Eleven was "Quitting Time". And as I discovered after working at this one location for three years... the money itself wasn't even worth it in the long run. – less
Busy work days customer great
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), West Point, UTJuly 21, 2014
Pros: same customers and room to grow
Cons: health care breaks and can only go so far
days always busy same great customers everyday hard work always something to do .store always has to be clean and they push big time on food sells
Horrible workplace and Extremely unprofessional.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), PhiladelphiaJuly 21, 2014
Pros: flexibilty of work schedule
Cons: poor management.
Poor management, extremely unprofessional, not able to have a home life what so ever.
simple, learning, and memorable
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Aurora, COJuly 21, 2014
Pros: free drinks, great people, social interaction
Cons: short breaks, pay for food
I would clock in 5 minutes early for my shift every day. I would then go through typical cashier job duties at the register. While I was at this I would also work on completing specific job duties laid out to me for the day. Management would often be at the store in the morning on weekdays with the exception of the shift manager, of whom we had at least – more... one on duty for every shift. Overall, my co-workers were pleasant to work with and we often joked around and had fun. Their were some employees, however, that were difficult to work with at times and I had to work around their inabilities in order to complete my tasks. The hardest part of it all would be handling the weekend crowd with a reluctant co-worker who was having personal issues. This did not happen often, but when it did it made the job terribly hard. The job, however, was very enjoyable overall and I gained a lot of knowledge from the experience. – less
Productive and very busy place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAJuly 21, 2014
On a typical day I do cleaning, handling the register, check inventory or stock the prodcuts. The management there is amazing and it is like a family business. I would definitely go back if I could
Enjoyable fast paced enviornment and managable work load
Cashier (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch, good hours, flexible time
Cons: no break, no benefits, no advancements
There's a daily routine and goal to accomplish. Always have to keep the place clean. Serve customers and be knowledgeable about the items being sold.

Learned how to be a good cashier, cleaner, inventory, cook, and handle customers with care

Time management was a morning routine, manageable and fit perfect with my time for school.

Co-workers are overall – more... friendly and just wants to help out.

The hardest part of the job was having to help a co-worker resolve their issue with a customer, the co-worker was just being very rude to the customer one day and had to calm down the customer as the co-work added more mayhem to the already existing tension.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet the usual customers because you get to the point where you know what they're going to order and can ask them about their usual items before they walk into the door. It feels like the perfect communication because the usuals tend to get the same things. – less
Field Consultant
Field Consultant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 18, 2014
Pros: customer service, building teams, p&l management, driving sales
Cons: developing team members to order correctly based off of their training.
Building relationships with store managers, team members, and customers was always very enjoyable. The most challenging part of the job was keeping all team members focused on the ever changing day to day business dynamics.
Day to day operations included the direction of over 90 team members, store operations, P&L management, labor, inventory, staff – more... development, merchandising, and shrink control. In which, resulted in an overall focus on driving sales, building high performance teams, and executing operational efficiency through team accountability. – less
Fun to work
Cashier (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 17, 2014
Good and productive date to work because i work with costumers
Overnight Cashier / Overnight Stock (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 16, 2014
Good environment, getting a chance to meet people everyday. you learn more about the management process.
Overnight, slow and dragging
3rd shift Cashier (Former Employee), Stow, ohJuly 16, 2014
Pros: hands on with customers
Cons: overnight, time dragged
I like the job I just didnt like the 3rd shift hours, it was hard for me to adjust to the hours.
Former Store Manager: North Carolina
Store Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 15, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: fresh krispy kreme donut cases in stores competing with their own fresh bakery case items.
7-Eleven is a great company to work for in many Markets. The Charlotte North Carolina market does not fall into this category. I have over 10 years experience working in 7-Eleven Stores as a Store Manager and when I took a job with 7-Eleven in North Carolina I was very excited to work in a "NEW" market. My experience within the NC market was the complete – more... opposite of what I expected. Unprofessional is the best word I can use to describe the way the market is being operated in the Charlotte North Carolina Market. It would be my recommendation that you seek employment with another Company before you seek employment with 7-Eleven in the Charlotte, NC market. Thinking outside the box is the term that is used by upper management to bend/break the rules at any given time. 7-Eleven uses business practices in this market that would result in a 7-Eleven Franchisee being in breech of contract. Example: Fresh Krispy Kreme donut cases in multiple Corporate locations competing with their own fresh bakery products. – less
Its ok
Store Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 15, 2014
I feel this company ties its managers hands. They want you to to be staffed but you have to jump through hoops to get them to approve it! I don't think I work less than 15 hours a day 6 days a week sometimes 7
n/a
cashier (Former Employee), Quiet Dell, WVJuly 14, 2014
not my favorite place to work, but had great pay rate! they have reasonible prices on their items.
Not so difficult but sometimes is challenging
sales (Current Employee), Manassas, VAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: some free food or drink
It's fun to work with people that have diffierent cultures. And I learnt a lot from my work. But sometimes it would be dangerous because there would be some drunk people making troulble at night time or thieves even muggers. Also you need to provide customer sevices so you need to be very patient and have tolerance all the time.
Its what you would expect of a convenience store
Sales Associate (Current Employee), 02721July 13, 2014
A typical day at work is going in and operating a Cash register, making and writing off food keeping a clean store. the managers are nice.
petrol station /small supermarket
check out (Former Employee), ferntree gully vicJuly 12, 2014
Pros: glad to met a lot of funny one
Cons: still have bad guy there
I do clean/petrol dip out/news paper&magazine/storage/check out
7 Eleven
Checker (Current Employee), Midwest City, OKJuly 12, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: no breaks or sitting down.
They offer great benefits and pay but the schedule is all over the place.

About 7-Eleven

"If convenience stores are open 24 hours, why the locks on their doors?" If anyone knows, it's 7-Eleven. The North American subsidiary – Read more