7-Eleven Employee Reviews

7- Eleven was a great workplace to learn and grow within the company.
Sales Assistant/Sr. Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2016
I enjoyed working at 7-Eleven because of the positive interactions with customers. It was a positive environment to learn and progress in the area of management.
Pros
Opportunity to learn
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON10 August 2016
The regulars make your days a bit more interesting
Managers are amazing, super easy to talk to, very helpful
Co-workers are fun and interesting
Hardest part is there is sometimes a lot going on at one time
Pros
Free slurpees when you work
Cons
No other discounts
Not bad but not good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC12 August 2016
I personally did not like working here. They replaced the manager when i was there and 3 days later they let me go because my glasses broke on shift the night before. 6 days before my 3 months, and chistmas. plus they did not pay me within the legal 48 hours
fun place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC10 October 2016
attractive communication skills and awesome fun place working with this company.. staff are really helpfull and cooperative and work dedicate to achieve there targers
Worst place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 September 2016
Forced to do night shiftsss....not at all adjusting management...worst place to work!! Very bad management....u have to do alot of work extra
Pros
Cons
Long hours, forced work, night shifts alone
Good and bad
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC21 June 2016
Seven Elevens biggest problem is retaining workers, especially managers. The store I worked in never had a settled manager and a few of the managers they did have weren't that great. It's a stressful job, they require a lot of you as an employee you are a cook, a sales person, a cashier, a cleaner, a stock boy, a book keeper, your security, your loss prevention, a merchinsider and last of all a customer service specialist. They were notorious for dusting things under the rug. However if you got in at the right store, with the right management all of what I stated above was worth it because of the team you worked with. If you wanted to move up and take on more responsibilities they'd let you. The pay was awful (for all you were expected to do), yearly reviews offered me cents increases and they always justified even if you performed better then the previous year.
Fast Paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB11 November 2016
Fast Paced, cleaning, serving, stocking, gas, lotto, ordering, presentable, polite, direct customer interaction, team environment
Great atmosphere
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 September 2016
7 Eleven is a great company if you are willing to put in the effort to advance in the company. You can quickly go from sales associate to assistant manager.
Terrible and unfair workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2016
Very racially segregated company. No support from management for advancement. Salary is terrible. Complained to HR several times about the company and got no feedback.
A fun stressful workplace
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 January 2017
When I was working in this company I really love how they welcomed me as a new staff. A typical day at work is that I run the till and make sandwiches, coffee, and check if we have daily fresh goods in our shelves when I am working by myself and during the afternoons I do a store walk by checking all the machines if they're working, coffees are filled, if the stocks are filled, and I check the back if our pop and slurpee machines to get changed. I learned in this workplace that I made a strong bond with our supervisor because she knows what was happening in our store with our new manager, I learned and experienced 16 hours of working in one day and I think that made me strong and our staffs closer. The hardest part of the job is that we are located in a not so good neighbourhood therefore I have to be aware of what's really happening inside and outside of our store, and one of the hardest part is that we can't trust our new manager as she made decisions that aren't that good yet despite all this I really enjoyed my time working in this store location as I learned another language and I made regular customers that comes shares their stories whenever I am not busy.
Pros
nice coworkers and customers
Cons
manager
Hard work little reward
Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2016
I'm always working and get little back for my efforts. Leaders are often over looked for promotions and are really beat down. We are never rewarded for the time we give to the company.
Pros
slurpees
Cons
no breaks
Great work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 October 2016
I really enjoy who I work with and the management is amazing . I'm just not getting enough hours, I would really like full time
A great place to learn customer service
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 May 2016
It is a place to be creative to create friendships. And the opportunity for advancement. IT IS A PLACE OF HARD WORK, FAST PACED AND THERE WILL BE NO CHANCE FOR A COFFEE OR LUNCH BREAK
The manager is the person you have to admire they have had to work hard for the position and can show a great deal of stress. A person will do well if you do what you are told if not it will turn your experience to a living h***.
The chance to change store location can be a change for the better but they may ware you out before it is worth it.

It is an industry with a high STAFF turnover.

Like any workplace there is time and enjoyment of gossip and bulling. If its not your thing stay away from it and you'll be a great co-worker.
Pros
YOUR PAY CHECK IS DEPOSITED DIRECTLY TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT
Cons
DO NOT EXPECT PAY INCREASES TO BE OFTEN OR WORTH YOUR WHILE
I habe fun serving customers but i don't feel safe working at night.
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 May 2016
I worked night shift for 4 years and I learned how to deal with those intoxicated people comes in and out in the store. I'm not happy with the management of the store, they don't care of their staff at all. The hardest part of my job is seeing some people stealing and confronting them, its not nice feeling seeing them like that. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting nice friendly customers.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
not safe working at night
Productive workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 July 2016
Working at 7 eleven was great, learned a lot on how to operate the store. Get along well with my co-workers. I always consider change as a challenge at work and I enjoy serving customers.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Sometimes, long hours
Never Bored
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 June 2016
As displeased as I was that there was never legitmate breaks whilst working a 8 hour shift I still managed to make sure I ate and I was never not busy so the shift seemed to fly by.
Pros
Great hours, Consistent Schedule, Busy work.
Cons
No Breaks, Bad Management, None reliable employees
A fast paced environment requires multitasking
Certified Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC18 May 2016
On some busier days, the workforce seems to be less than required which makes the job a little stressful. There is lot to learn about merchandising, retail and management skills. Conflict with co-workers affects the service of store.
Pros
A lot to learn about retail and merchandising
Cons
Less wage rate
Great environment to work in
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON2 May 2016
Its a 24 hour open store so the day starts early.
Making food for the display along with cookies that are made daily for sales.
The lottery attracts a lot of customers.
Variety of stuff, from make-up to grocery, you'll get it all at 7-11.

One dollar coffees and slurpees are specialities.
We have a mobile application as well, which provides you every 7th drink on the house.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
Peak hours require 4 sales person at a time
Co-Workers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK25 June 2016
My Co-workers at this job had been he best. They have all been very helpful and responsible people. The hard part of Job was dealing with the customers who are not good verbally with the employees.
Pros
Variety of work
Cons
Sometimes it gets hard to satisfay the customers
Worst job for students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2016
This job was one of the worst decisions I have made, but I was desperate so I had no choice. Hours are long, sometimes with no breaks. you also have to work night shifts alone.
Pros
free food
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 7-Eleven. Our community is ready to answer.

71%