7-Eleven Employee Reviews

Fast paced work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 November 2016
A typical work day was customer based interacting. ie sales and services , it's a fast paced work environment.
In my years of service I have learned to deal with many diverse people, treating anyone the same .. Business class or other wise.
Th hardest part of the job is the continuous standing, we are human and need to sit at some point.
The part I most enjoyed about the job in the customer interaction.
Would I recommend this job to anyone.. The answer to that is YES .
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No breaks
Plenty of stocking jobs at night and less hours during the day.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 October 2016
They hired too many employees and laid off. The manager sent me to too many different locations within the company and did not pay for my additional gasoline and transportation needs. An my first weeks supplement paycheck did not include groceries as they held on to my check for one week.
Pros
They provided the training.
Cons
Not enough day time hours.
Working with good people and helping customers.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 October 2016
Working at 7/11 was quite a learning experience, learning how to handle people that were drinking and handling hard tasks with quickly.
The co-workers were okay...well some were, what I learned about them is that its not good to keep certain thing from the boss.
I thing the hardest part about working there is dealing with the shoplifters, I had to write down every single thing that they took, then calling the head office to report it, it was unnecessary.
Pros
meeting new people and getting to know them
Cons
The co-workers were sneaking around and getting into truoble and I was getting blamed for it.
Great work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 October 2016
I really enjoy who I work with and the management is amazing . I'm just not getting enough hours, I would really like full time
reputable company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB25 October 2016
they have organised training plans for new hires, fast-paced environment with constant customer interactions.
my manager oversee her need with manpower and apparently she hired too many which affected my schedule drastically since i only worked part time & was hired few months ago.
hardest part maybe dealing with old staffs who were there almost forever because they are so used with what they were doing, they are hesitant to follow the standard and they are always complaining about their jobs.
the enjoyable part is to be able to meet new people as our customers and be able to give them the customer service they deserve.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no hours
Challenging
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2016
So far I love working at 7eleven. They ahve good benefits and the manager is so nice to the employees. The bad thing I hate about is your life is in danger because of the shoplifters and bad customers.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Shoplifters and violent customers
fun place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC10 October 2016
attractive communication skills and awesome fun place working with this company.. staff are really helpfull and cooperative and work dedicate to achieve there targers
Good Learning
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC6 October 2016
I found the job as a multi task , time management because the system of the store is designed in a way that you have to take the order and deliver the items to the customer in couple of minutes,
so you have to be ready and quick in all your job hours time.
Pros
learning of world largest store chain
Cons
over all tough
7 Eleven job is good fit for sarter but not best for professionals who have specific skills.
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2016
Team work
Keeping fresh environment
Greeting peoples
Flexible management
Enjoying reaching target
Overnight shifht work(Alone)
Promoting new idea with information
Fulfilling work days
Manager, Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON1 October 2016
Long work days. Company is more than willing to train staff and promote within. Co-workers are great to work with. The hardest part is having the staff to meet the store needs. The most enjoyable part is that you have a sense of fulfillment you get with a job well done.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 September 2016
It is a productive and interesting workplace.my coworkers are nice and our realationship is really good that we could rely to each other which make the job interesting,easier and enjoyable.And the customers in the neighborhood are very polite and respectful.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great team work and reliable staffs
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK29 September 2016
The location was lack of security,the management was ok and the staff were customer oriented .
hardest part of the job was lack of securityand bad mangement
Pros
nice breaks
Cons
lack of good security
Worst place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 September 2016
Forced to do night shiftsss....not at all adjusting management...worst place to work!! Very bad management....u have to do alot of work extra
Pros
Cons
Long hours, forced work, night shifts alone
great cooperation with my co-worker
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  深圳市21 September 2016
After i graduated from high school i found this job in 711 as my summer job.i mostly did the nightshift ,its not easy for a beginner to stay up for month. the main job of the nightshift is stocking shelves .there are dozens of boxes arrived everyday so it really a big work. that is to say, it need our division should be clear-cut.my co-worker is a nice guy who always willing to give sb a hand.he can managed the job orderly and taught me patiently.i learned how to arrange my job from him and we can always finished the job efficiently.
Great atmosphere
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 September 2016
7 Eleven is a great company if you are willing to put in the effort to advance in the company. You can quickly go from sales associate to assistant manager.
interesting place to work
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC14 September 2016
There was always so much to do there. I liked how busy it was. I worked every shift there from time to time. I was acting assistant manager a lot because there wasn't always an assistant manager at that store. I did everything from placing orders, to bank deposits and balancing the cash. I received orders, and put them away. I was the one everyone would call when there was a problem.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
long hours, very busy location
Last resort if no other job can be foud
Assistant Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Castlegar, BC11 September 2016
Overworked and stressed out by the policy of not hiring enough people for the job. 2 people doing the job of 10 people in any given shift.
The employees are not treated right and the ones who want to work for the company and some day want a future, are the worst hit
It is a good place to work in, good friendly colleagues to work with, and my manager is a really good person.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 September 2016
To be honest, 7-Eleven is good place to work in. I get to meet new people every few seconds and get to interact with them. Co-workers are really helpful and the manager is great and understanding. The hardest part of the job is that, there is no break between the 8 hours shift. An allocated break of 30 minutes would be really helpful and refreshing. It would be really hard to write everything I have learned here, some points would be, handling the till while making sure all the coffees are good and every thing is clean and tidy.Most enjoyable part of the job would be learning new things every single day and meeting random new people and being a part of their lives.
Pros
Good management
Cons
No Allocated break within the 8 hours shift
Terrible and unfair workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2016
Very racially segregated company. No support from management for advancement. Salary is terrible. Complained to HR several times about the company and got no feedback.
It was a job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB3 September 2016
I worked the cashier and spent time cleaning up and cooking good when we had no customers. It was a decent job, but paid horribly, the hours were harsh, and was in a really dangerous neighbourhood with junkies coming in every night. So, when I saved up some money, I gave my two weeks and took some time off to study.
Pros
Plenty of hours, good co-workers, good learning experience
Cons
Minimal benefits, poor pay, horrible neighbourhood

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 7-Eleven. Our community is ready to answer.