7-Eleven Employee Reviews

It is good competitive environment to work in
Inventory Management (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC11 January 2017
There is a lot to learn from working in a 7-Eleven store. Like it get everything gas station, food and daily use commodities. A person can learn a lot inventory and cash management by working there. At the first time everything seems to be difficult but with time you get to know it and become good. The most amazing part was that there is something new that can be learnt on a new day.
A fun stressful workplace
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 January 2017
When I was working in this company I really love how they welcomed me as a new staff. A typical day at work is that I run the till and make sandwiches, coffee, and check if we have daily fresh goods in our shelves when I am working by myself and during the afternoons I do a store walk by checking all the machines if they're working, coffees are filled, if the stocks are filled, and I check the back if our pop and slurpee machines to get changed. I learned in this workplace that I made a strong bond with our supervisor because she knows what was happening in our store with our new manager, I learned and experienced 16 hours of working in one day and I think that made me strong and our staffs closer. The hardest part of the job is that we are located in a not so good neighbourhood therefore I have to be aware of what's really happening inside and outside of our store, and one of the hardest part is that we can't trust our new manager as she made decisions that aren't that good yet despite all this I really enjoyed my time working in this store location as I learned another language and I made regular customers that comes shares their stories whenever I am not busy.
Pros
nice coworkers and customers
Cons
manager
Fast paced and productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2017
I learn lots about Lotto, Smoke, Gas Bar . I like to learn different things in different business. I enjoyed merchandising. Management is partiality I mean different rules for different employee. Hardest part of job is night shift.
Pros
No benefits
Cons
schedule work
productive and always busy
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB4 January 2017
always a tiring day at work, busy and lots of things need to be done.
know how to manage your time
friendly and well organized
friendly and happy to work with them
delivery day at the same time busy day
friendly co-workers
up beat and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 January 2017
we served customers sotcked shelf and did invitory counts. I leraned too all was show up for the job willing and able to do the task that are needed. Cleaning the public washrooms. leraned from my management that not everything goes according to plan and you may need to find another way.
Pros
good shift
Cons
not enough money
Good Place to work as a beginner
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK31 December 2016
• All co-workers are friendly
• Management always support to build a team
• It helps to deal with customer directly & at the same time helps to do reporting activities
Great place to work at.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 December 2016
7-Eleven is a workplace where you can work and learn at the same time. You learn how to interact with different kinds of people, how to work in a team environment as a group member and also as a group leader.
Pros
Customer Interaction
Cons
Lot of work sometimes
Security in tenure
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 December 2016
Everyday mostly same routine. Work and home with balance hours. Workers are friendly. Works environment is good. Management is approachable. Flexible working hours.
Pros
Company is secured
Cons
Night shift security
Awful
Night shift sales associate (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB16 December 2016
Worst company to work for if you are english speaking and know your rights you'd understand how this bad this place is long hours lying bosses rude customers
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Good place with good customers and emploees
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 December 2016
Enjoyed my job here and really looked forward to seeing my customers every day. I had terrific employees and miss them. As a Manager if your employees did not show up for work and there was no one else to replace them the managers did the time. This was the only draw back to the job.
Pros
customers were great
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Part-time Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 December 2016
I enjoyed working at 7-11 because I got to meet a lot of cool people including my co-workers and customers. It was mostly a laid back job. You gotta be somewhat good at math. Lots of counting. Counting cigarettes, money, etc every day. The only thing I didn't agree on was throwing out still fresh donuts/pizza/hotdogs/smokies/taquitos at the end of the day instead of giving it to the homeless or poor. Other than that the job was enjoyable.
Pros
People, Music, Pizza
Cons
No free food
professional
Certified Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC6 December 2016
Everyday deal with new type of customers and know more about different kind of natures and with manager( Rajbinder sekhon) it was always fun. We were like family there and still are.
Multitasking job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2016
Good opportunities to deal with a customers.
I have learned how to do multitasking and to manage the overall store.The hardest part of the job is to work alone at peak hours.
best place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC2 December 2016
medical benefits
good wage
best place to work
good and clean atmosphere
management is so helpful
my manager help me in my hard times as well.
hardest part of the job is it goes boring for the long time
proper shifts
I would like to have lunch room for our team
Certified senior sale associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 December 2016
I love to build a strong team at workplace. I have been doing at my workplace since i started. Because I believe if we have supporter we can do anything as we want. Motivation is really need all time.
room for advancement, fast paced and great benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC16 November 2016
I enjoyed working at 7-11 they had great benefits as well as career advancement. I felt that we were under staffed when we moved into our new location which made things difficult at times
It was fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB16 November 2016
The several months i worked there before management change, It was fun, very flexable hours, Management was very understanding to most all incodents.
Pros
Friendly Enviroment
Cons
Lost Hours for No reason
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 November 2016
- Usually busy day
- Excellent customer service
- Management is ok
- Co-workers are good and helpful
- Helping customers is most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
free drinks
Cons
less paying
Fast Paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB11 November 2016
Fast Paced, cleaning, serving, stocking, gas, lotto, ordering, presentable, polite, direct customer interaction, team environment
Very fast pace lots to do in so little time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 November 2016
Worked my way up to assistant manager in two years, working straight mid-nights for the first six years. Moved to a store in my city closer to my home. Hardest part was working with other employees that didn't have the same work ethitcs, so you where doing your work plus theirs. Learning every thing I learned there and meeting the customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 7-Eleven. Our community is ready to answer.