7-Eleven
1,194 reviews

7-Eleven Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
we get our drinks for free
Cashier, Cleaning (Current Employee), Creston, BCJuly 5, 2012
Pros: regular customers
Cons: not enough hours and not enough pay.
I took the job because I was promissed full time and I am lucky if I get
8 hours a week. I also have to work evenings which is hard when you are a single parent ad have no family in the area. I like like the customers because most of them are regular and being there for just over 2 months and still training mainly learning where cigarettes are kept – more... most of them are understanding. I am still looking for a full time job, or another part time one.. – less
Burned after management training program
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 8, 2012
Cons: no breaks
I worked harder than any of the others in the management training program - cleaning and serving customers and got let go because of the inefficiences in the training program (computer based and boring as heck!). The training manager was a lazy so and so who did no training.
My advice - DON'T DO IT !! You can find a better job.
a typical day at work
Temporary Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Golden, BCMay 3, 2012
Pros: enjoying the meeting of different people
Cons: not being trained properly to run, operate a convenience store
A typical day was going to work and opening safe, balancing cash, making sure chicken was on time. what i learned is that one has to be properly trained to run a c-store. co-workers were ok, would have been better if i wasn't friends with them before i was asked to be a temporary store manager. the hardest part of this job, was that i feel i wasn't – more... trained properly to run and operate a convenience store. The most enjoyable part was the different people i met. – less
Great Management, typical convenience store
Sales Associate & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Maple Ridge, BCApril 25, 2012
Pros: extremely personable management, hours were flexible for the most part
Cons: very long hours
The people at this store were the best I've ever had the pleasure to work with. All of the management were extremely understanding and nice. I only left because the hours were slow and I was returning to school.
Recommended that you only stay with this job for a year or less and moving onto something else--
Sales Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 25, 2012
Pros: drinks are free, steady hours (32 to 40 on average), dental and other medical needs are available.
Cons: everything else
-- as a 23 year-old young adult, I can say that working at 7-Eleven was one of the worst work experiences I've ever had since graduating high-school in 2008.

A typical day would start off as either me showing up early in the morning... or late at night (Between the hours 10 p.m. and 11 p.m.) to a messy store, the staff member (Normally alone) would – more... be trying to clean up the store as best as possible... but given the nature of the night-shift... and working alone and over-tired, stuff that would normally take five minutes drags on to about half-an-hour or more and it might not get done at all.

The manager would show up and demand to know why those small thing haven't been finished, and the excuse "I didn't have enough time because it was busy tonight--" wasn't accepted. And I would receive a stern talking to and a Pink slip.

The management demanded near-perfection during inspections, and would only accept a rating of 90% or higher. anything below a 90 rating would result in a pink slip for a failed inspection.

The other staff members were also suffering from work related stress issues and many would just not want to show up and were either fired, or they quit on the spot.

Sadly... the most enjoyable part of working at 7-Eleven was "Quitting Time". And as I discovered after working at this one location for three years... the money itself wasn't even worth it in the long run. – less
Fast Paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, AbMarch 21, 2012
Pros: contact with public
Cons: shift work(graveyards)
I worked at many different locations in Calgary.
7-Eleven had the best benefit package of all the places that I worked.
With medical, dental, eyes, and a retirement plan that the company put money into to match your savings.
great customer service
certified senior sales associate (Current Employee), kamloops bcFebruary 29, 2012
they provide great customer service and provide a clean and enjoyable atmostpher.
Hours.
Cahier (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: free write offs.
Cons: not a understanding manager.
I liked working for 7 Eleven, but the manager wasen't so understanding of my health issue. Plus she tryed cutting down my hours slowly.
Productive and challenging working with customers
Store Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Aurora, COSeptember 20, 2014
I learned how to be extra patient with customers and my fellow co- workers. Especially when i got promoted to be a head cashier. It was my first time so it was kind of challenging for me but i was able to supervise and work well with other cashiers that i was working with. The hardest part of my job is doing orders for the store. Its kind of hard to – more... predict what customers are going to buy and if they're going to buy the product or not. But the most enjoyable part of my job is get to meet all kinds of different people and get to know them. – less
Easy, fun company to work for.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Huntington, NYSeptember 18, 2014
The work was simple. Customers were mainly regulars so grow accustom to the faces. Family bond with co-workers and management.
7-11 was a busy place but i enjoyed working there regardless.
sales associate (Former Employee), Plano, TXSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: discounted food and drinks
Cons: long hours (i often had to work late)
I learned to be a cashier, earned a TABC license, My boss was fair, my co-workers and I never had a dull day. The most difficult part of working for 7-11 was trying not to take advantage of the discount slurpee deal employees had. the most enjoyable part was the retirement plan (401k and benefits).
Not bad
Store Clerk (Former Employee), 台北市, TPESeptember 17, 2014
A normal job as an store clerk but with less freedom since its in a chain store
Not that great
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 16, 2014
The pay wasn't good at all. On top of that, robberies are always a threat. There is no chance of moving up and no chance of getting benefits. The management played favorites.
Nice place to meet all types of people.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 16, 2014
This job was good at first, alot of changes in staff were made and changed the workplace.
Very Productive
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE/CASHIER (Current Employee), North Fort Myers FlSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: free drinks, and we get to test new items
Cons: breaks, haelthcare etc
Working at 7Eleven is very busy, it's always something to do. On a daily bases we stock, check in products, order food and some computer work. My co workers and the customers are extremely friendly. The usual customers are somewhat like friends. The manager is very supportive if you have issues or can't make it on time to work some days shes very lenient, – more... just don't take advantage of her. – less
stresfull
Store Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 15, 2014
After the coffee rush you will be doing the paper work for the previous day. Submitting all the vendor invoices and updating the inventory takes about an hour and a half. Then make sure that the 3rd shift employee has done all his work properly. This is important because you could get an inspection at any time. Check the placed orders and make sure – more... the forecasting is done properly and make necessary adjustments before the ordering window closes is the next task I usually attend to. Employee issues would be the most unpleasant part of this job since 7Eleven expects a lot form the (under paid) employees . Being a manager is a stressful position in a 7 Eleven store. You are constantly under reviews and inspections. Field consultants do provide some assistance but they rotate them every quarter. So even if you are lucky enough to get an experienced FC, before he can make a different he gets replaced. – less
Decent
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Eugene, ORSeptember 14, 2014
Personal complaints about the nature of the job lay at the root of my displeasure with the company
Wonderful and friendly place of employment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakeside, CASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: customers, my responsibilities, coworkers
Cons: no health insurance
This was one of my favorite jobs. I got to interact with the same co-workers and customers every day. I learned so much about work in general and also how to gain and handle more responsibility. The owner of this company took me under her wing and taught me everything she knows so that I can do the job for her.
worked in a fast paced job
Crew Member (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: had to move away
Greeted the customers as soon as they walked in the store. I used the lottery machine and cash register. I cleaned the work area and entire store. I was in charge of ordering the merchdiase for the entire store..
Convenient
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: convenient
Cons: low pay, long hard hours
On my feet all day for 8 hours straight with no lunch break and break. It was not good at all. co- workers were good people too. The hardest part was not being able to eat but work all day.

About 7-Eleven

"If convenience stores are open 24 hours, why the locks on their doors?" If anyone knows, it's 7-Eleven. The North American subsidiary – Read more