7-Eleven

7-Eleven Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
night shift
Night shift cashier (Former Employee), calgaryAugust 6, 2013
very good place to work,nice people,stocking shelves ,making orders
wWe all worked at the chores we had to do but had fun doing it
cashier (Former Employee), Hinton, AB/ Red Deer,AB 40thAveAugust 6, 2013
Pros: we were able to get any free drinks from cups(ex:slurpees, coffee)
Cons: had to work from 10pm-6am by yourself
It was a good place to work seeing some of the same people every day and meeting people from other places. The management also jumped in and helped do anything that had to be done to keep the customers coming and going
loved working with Servus Credit Union
Cashier Clerk (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 30, 2013
Again Providing Excellent Customer Service was main concern. Excellent Management. Always always got along with co-workers.
No hard part of the job once you know what you doing. Most enjoyable part of the job was providing customer with their needs.
Unhappy with Management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Regina, SKJuly 27, 2013
Cons: low salary, job timings, poor management.
Late night shifts no work life balance, way low wages. Difference in wages of employees with same job discription. Hardest part of the job was the timings. Management was not that helpful. Was happy with co-workers.
Harder work than you might think
Certified Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), Campbell River, BCJuly 11, 2013
Lots of opportunity to advance if you are willing to work. Raises are performance based and you are required to attend training courses in order to move up. Learned some great skills here, only down side is you have to be available for any shift and everyone has to work Christmas day.
Not ran good.
cashier (Former Employee), Steinbach, MBJuly 4, 2013
Pros: made friends with customers
Cons: manager treated everyone like there werent human beings
Am sorry to say but this is not a good place to work...there was always favoritism, and even though you did your work and you thought it looked good you would always be put down and never a good thumbs up. Co-workers were always butting heads and never getting along, to busy bringing in personal life into work.
overall good job
Clerk (Former Employee), Leduc, ABJuly 2, 2013
this job gives some felxibale and good hours i would recommend it
Cooking, Selling, Talking is fun!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCJune 19, 2013
Pros: free beverages
Cons: tiring during peak hours
Same old work everyday, but seeing our customers boosts the mood. Sharing and performing duties with co-workers make work fun and easy!

But a lot of mess for Slurpee during summers!!
Typical Convenience Store with Atypical people.
Certified Sales Associate (Former Employee), Peterborough, OntarioJune 4, 2013
Pros: free beverages
Cons: trying to get everything done when one person is making sandwiches.
I found the people who work there to be very friendly and helpful. Very understanding.

The biggest change from my previous work experiences in a convenience store was the gas. Everything else was fairly easy.

It is a good place to work when communication happens, difficult when someone gets grumpy over something and does not bother to work it out.

The other part of working at 7-Eleven I like is that I had a chance to advance, and was on my way of doing so until we got the news we were closing the store.
It is an excellent place to grow professionally if an individual is sufficiciently motivated and enlightened.
Associate (Current Employee), Tsawwassen, BC, CanadaMay 5, 2013
7-Eleven is a huge enterprise and presents several opportunities for self growth. My own example of having being able to generate two excellent papers on their business and operational philosophies justifies that.

However, the greatest feature is the opportunity to cut across a customer base that makes working there a particularly personal and an exhilarating experience. There are challenges, of course, and the biggest is to be able to handle much of the work in a fast-paced customer friendly environment.
Senior Sales assocated
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. Paul, ABMay 4, 2013
Pros: you could advance, in the company.
Cons: the late night shifts were hard.
Cashier, stocked shelves, ordered product,kept store neat and clean.
good management
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Thorold, ONApril 28, 2013
as a working with this company never have any complains about management and co- workers
Fun job, TERRIBLE manager.
Sales executive (Former Employee), Brandon, MBApril 9, 2013
Pros: free food/drinks, good regular customers, busy but not overwhelming.
Cons: double shifts, terrible manager
I really enjoyed working with 7-11 but the Manager at the 26th street location was TERRIBLE. She would let employees steal, call in last minute or wouldn't deal with employees who would ditch their shifts with no notice. This is the only location that has been robbed in Brandon, the manager lets her employees be left alone over night or be stuck working double shifts because she can't discipline employees properly.
good eviroment
Retail Clerk (Former Employee), Prince George, BCApril 4, 2013
Pros: got free drinks
Cons: alot of labour
i did 3 weeks of work experience for this company i learn lots how invortory was done checking in products restocking shelfs counting lotto smokes refilling coffe pots taking out the trash and cleaning floors the staff was really nice to me as well
fun place to work, good employers and managers
Midnight sandwich maker (Former Employee), Creston, BCMarch 18, 2013
Pros: worked alone
Cons: worked midnights
I liked this job making sandwiches, but I could not work the midnight shift. Some days I would spend all day trying to sleep, and would have a hard time that night at work because of little or no sleep.

March 23, 2013

My training manager, who was an Indian woman, was on a power trip; she constantly berated me and did not provide good training.

cashier
Customer Service (Former Employee), Prince George, BCMarch 15, 2013
was always busy - always had something to do. the people yo worked with were enjoyable. the manger was always understanding for hours.
with my 6 months in the company, i only have good words for the team
Cook (Current Employee), Lloydminster, SKMarch 14, 2013
Basically, our job is more on customer interaction on a day to day basis.Greet customer according to the time of the day, serve them, give all your best and from them I'm really learning a lot. So far, as my past experience at Tim Hortons i had the best management team here at 7-11, very accommodating, a family indeed! My co-workers we're one team achieving one goal, without them all our vision and mission will not be carry out! I find cooking and lifting heavy things as the hardest part of my job but the most enjoyable part of the job is you can learn new things everyday.
no any play things
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2013
Pros: no
Cons: eight hours
Day, Night shifts can work.customer service, account paper works, CPR, Food handling course, Workers maintenence.
not a great workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 8, 2013
they are not a great company to work for your job is always questionable since they will replace you very quickly with immigrants
Exceptional company
Customer Service Associate/ Lottery Ticket Sales (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: great company, benifits, treats there people well
Great benifits and overall work enviroment was great Nothing bad to say loved the job helping customers and much more ..

About 7-Eleven

"If convenience stores are open 24 hours, why the locks on their doors?" If anyone knows, it's 7-Eleven. The North American subsidiary – Read more