7-Eleven Employee Reviews

Poor management makes for poor culture
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 June 2015
Unfortunatly, some locations have poor managers who are careless and are still living in the old way of thinking. Let the employees suffer with little to no time off of work and dont allow certain employees have benefits after the required 6 months. The staff who have consumed unpaid products were allowed to get away with it while the newest employees suffered the consequences of being blamed for the theft when they had no involvement in it.

After my first six months, the manager took another 2 months to give me my benifets package and took awhile to send it in. Once done it wasnt effective for another couple of weeks.

Upon me being let go, the manager decided to wait an entire month to give me my vacation pay, which was against company standerds that pay period and vacation pay simply cannot take more than 14 days.
fun fast paced environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 February 2017
I enjoyed working at 7-Eleven it was a fun and fast-paced work environment. Personally I haven't experienced any dangerous situations
Good benefits
Night Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON31 January 2017
With the dental and medical coverage and other ways to care for their employees, including a help line, it's a very secure company to work for.
productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 September 2016
It is a productive and interesting workplace.my coworkers are nice and our realationship is really good that we could rely to each other which make the job interesting,easier and enjoyable.And the customers in the neighborhood are very polite and respectful.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Last resort if no other job can be foud
Assistant Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Castlegar, BC11 September 2016
Overworked and stressed out by the policy of not hiring enough people for the job. 2 people doing the job of 10 people in any given shift.
The employees are not treated right and the ones who want to work for the company and some day want a future, are the worst hit
bust your butt for little return
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria BC22 April 2014
what can you say. minimum wage when i worked for them, no benifits, no job security and worked HARD each day. the only positive side working with 7-11 was the management was awesome. this was a group that would back its employees up and supported their judgement calls nearly all the time.

be prepared to stand for LONG periods of time at the counter but i must say i always loved restocking the fridge during the summer. if they paid equivalent to the work involved with the job this place would be great, but unfortunately life isnt that fair. good job for when you are in school or just out and need experience but not if you are looking for a career.
Pros
great management
Cons
low pay and hard hours
overall rating
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK23 August 2016
11 to 7am night shift is difficult but i love working just because of the satisfaction as a team.In work you must need to be patience and giving 100% productivity
The hardest part in job is you did everything but sometimes the manager not satisfied.the most enjoyable in job is when your manager congratulate us for very awesome job guys.
fun interaction with customers
Salesperson/Assistant Mgr (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC10 April 2014
7-11 provided a good place to come out of your shell. Meeting all different kinds of people, both friendly or just here for that one thing, provided a broad spectrum of different interactions. Money handling was key, as well as the use of the pos system, as well as keeping an eye out for someone who might try to get something for free. The staff generally work well together, and you would come to rely on them to back you up in a possibly difficult situation. sometimes if someone was sick or just didn't show up, the extended hours would make the day a bit hard, but usually there was another staff member who would be willing to fill in.

In the end though it was still all about getting the customers what they wanted, and if we did our jobs well, we were praised and felt good about how we had contributed.
Pros
free slurpees, and some write off hot food, (at the time)
I knew what I was doing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mackenzie, BC16 October 2015
Everyday was pretty much the same routine. I would go into work, sign into the till to clock in. I would then help if there were a maximum of 4 customers in the other line. If there was no rush, I would be refilling fresh coffee, stocking shelves, and making food, for the grills, and food case. I learned the fundamentals of upselling here, and I was very good at it. We would also get assigned tasks on a task sheet which was difficult to get all done if the day was super busy. Management was alright. It wasn't so much the actual manager that didn't know how to manage it was the field consultant the higher up boss who made things difficult. The hardest part about this job was how understaffed we were for the 2 and a half years that I was there. There could only be 2 people on shift, but it was one of the busiest gas stations in Canada since it is the only gas station in a town of 5000 people. with people coming in and out at every minute of every hour it was hard to get tasks done. Sometimes if you weren't fast enough in a rush you would get yelled, or cursed at. I now know how to deal with flustered people in a professional matter. The most thing I enjoyed about this job was probably my co-workers. I was there for 2 and a half years and I knew what I was doing which made it a lot more fun for me since I was a senior staff member.
Pros
Part-time dental, reliable job
Cons
Long hours, Full time hours with part time benefits, Terrible Salary
flexible job with room for advancement
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Camrose, AB24 June 2014
When fully staffed and things are going smoothly very flexible hours to accommodate the staff. There is plenty of room for advancement for employees willing to learn and many aspects to the job to keep from being bored at work.
Most of the staff are very flexible and helpful. They try their best to be helpful and put new employees at ease with a willingness to answer any questions. For the most part cheery staff who make a fun yet productive work day. The customers are incredible.
The hardest part of the job is covering for the less reliable employees which the company is working on
Pros
flexible shifts, medical benefits
Cons
open 24 hrs 365 days a year so must work Christmas day as it is a very busy day
Great atmosphere
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 September 2016
7 Eleven is a great company if you are willing to put in the effort to advance in the company. You can quickly go from sales associate to assistant manager.
Fast Paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB11 November 2016
Fast Paced, cleaning, serving, stocking, gas, lotto, ordering, presentable, polite, direct customer interaction, team environment
bigger origination
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 December 2015
7 eleven is great company to work has plenty of benefits for employees.
in this origination co worker are helping with each other
some time helping each other by changing shifts
fun place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC10 October 2016
attractive communication skills and awesome fun place working with this company.. staff are really helpfull and cooperative and work dedicate to achieve there targers
I loved dealing with the public
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 October 2012
Do cash in, serve customers, order ,recieve deliveries,resolving problems ensuring the customer is happy. I learned the skills to work night shift and make decisions without a manager around(did not want to be disturbed at night). Management trusted me to make executive decisions without there help. We were pretty much left alone. My co-worker was great and we worked well togeather.The hardest part of the job was having to sleep during day. Most enjoyable was customers.
Pros
lots of pay raises based on performance
Cons
working nights sleeping during day
I habe fun serving customers but i don't feel safe working at night.
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 May 2016
I worked night shift for 4 years and I learned how to deal with those intoxicated people comes in and out in the store. I'm not happy with the management of the store, they don't care of their staff at all. The hardest part of my job is seeing some people stealing and confronting them, its not nice feeling seeing them like that. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting nice friendly customers.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
not safe working at night
Customer service
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 March 2016
A typical day at work included customer service, ordering ,inventory, cashier, vendor deliveries, cash handling, banking, payroll, inventory management
Operated and in charge of store in managers absence
I had a great working relationship with fellow co workers and manager I always lead by example
The hardest part of the job was work life balance
Never Bored
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 June 2016
As displeased as I was that there was never legitmate breaks whilst working a 8 hour shift I still managed to make sure I ate and I was never not busy so the shift seemed to fly by.
Pros
Great hours, Consistent Schedule, Busy work.
Cons
No Breaks, Bad Management, None reliable employees
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 May 2016
I had enjoyed a lot while working as Sales Associate in Seven Eleven. My shift hours were flexible. Everyone was working in the store as team members and helpful towards each other.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
7 Eleven Market Office Assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, Mb22 October 2015
This position was great full time hours, good pay and day shift. Great position to start wanting to work in an office field position. Benefits, life insurance. Working in a professional field, I really enjoyed this position, unfortunately it was a temporary position.