7-Eleven
1,156 reviews

7-Eleven Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Recommended that you only stay with this job for a year or less and moving onto something else--
Sales Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 25, 2012
Pros: drinks are free, steady hours (32 to 40 on average), dental and other medical needs are available.
Cons: everything else
-- as a 23 year-old young adult, I can say that working at 7-Eleven was one of the worst work experiences I've ever had since graduating high-school in 2008.

A typical day would start off as either me showing up early in the morning... or late at night (Between the hours 10 p.m. and 11 p.m.) to a messy store, the staff member (Normally alone) would – more... be trying to clean up the store as best as possible... but given the nature of the night-shift... and working alone and over-tired, stuff that would normally take five minutes drags on to about half-an-hour or more and it might not get done at all.

The manager would show up and demand to know why those small thing haven't been finished, and the excuse "I didn't have enough time because it was busy tonight--" wasn't accepted. And I would receive a stern talking to and a Pink slip.

The management demanded near-perfection during inspections, and would only accept a rating of 90% or higher. anything below a 90 rating would result in a pink slip for a failed inspection.

The other staff members were also suffering from work related stress issues and many would just not want to show up and were either fired, or they quit on the spot.

Sadly... the most enjoyable part of working at 7-Eleven was "Quitting Time". And as I discovered after working at this one location for three years... the money itself wasn't even worth it in the long run. – less
Fast Paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, AbMarch 21, 2012
Pros: contact with public
Cons: shift work(graveyards)
I worked at many different locations in Calgary.
7-Eleven had the best benefit package of all the places that I worked.
With medical, dental, eyes, and a retirement plan that the company put money into to match your savings.
great customer service
certified senior sales associate (Current Employee), kamloops bcFebruary 29, 2012
they provide great customer service and provide a clean and enjoyable atmostpher.
Never work for them again
Certified Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLAugust 21, 2014
Pros: the job itself, although stressful at times, is fairly easy.
Cons: everything else.
I worked for 7-eleven for almost 7 years, and they have absolutely zero loyalty for their employees. All the higher ups care about is getting the store in tip top condition, so they can sell it to a franchisee. There is no room for advancement in the company anymore. The franchised stores barely pay over minimum wage, don't give any benefits (insurance, – more... vacation, sicktime, ect) and will even resort to lying to their employees about getting benefits and raises that will NEVER come. I could go on forever about how horrible this company is, but i'll end it here. DON'T WORK FOR 7 ELEVEN! – less
Okay place to work
Associate (Former Employee), Peyton, COAugust 20, 2014
Working here wasn't necessarily bad, I would work for 7-Eleven as a company again, but I would never work for the same owners. They were just starting their business (I started working for them on day 1) and they had no clue how to run things.
A very upbeat environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 20, 2014
A typical day consist of greeting customers, maintaining the quality of the store and completing sales.
Nice workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), ILAugust 20, 2014
This job was overall a good job. It was in a small area where you could get to know majority of your customers which was awesome. Everyone who you work with was fun and exciting and as long as everyone did their job it was fairly easy.
Boring
Cashier (Former Employee), Goshen, INAugust 19, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: no hours
Stand at your cart and cook food and pass out samples. Cook and clean. Follow all health and food safety rules.
7 Eleven
Senior Sales Asst (Current Employee), Olympia, WAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no breaks
It is a fast pace work place with high standard on food maintenance
handling. Management will not train propyl all training willing be provide by you and on personal time.
My Management Experience Review
Store Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Ashton-Sandy Spring, MDAugust 17, 2014
Pros: free food, flexible schedule
Cons: low wages, high employee turnover rate
In the morning remove the cash from the safe located near the sales counter, counted money and made bank deposit slips. Helped employees ring up customers and also managed employees for all 3 shifts. The hardest part of the job was to keep up with the high employee turnover rate, yet still managed to keep the store operation stable. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was greeting customers and having conversations with them. – less
great environment
Front Service Clerk (Former Employee), Hampton, VAAugust 17, 2014
Forecasted, ordered and stocked merchandise. Provided excellent customer service. Processed transactions using system
ability to deal with customers
Manager (Current Employee), Fontana, CAAugust 15, 2014
Working in 7-11 enhances my ability to deal with customers and also the ability to work as a team to earn the job oriented goals.
great customers
Manager (Former Employee), colorado springsAugust 15, 2014
enjoyed the various customers and the various job areas that you can work in
good place to work
cashier (Former Employee), marysville, WAAugust 14, 2014
i would go to work at 10pm,first thing i would do is count my till,then i would help costumers when they came in.right after i got there my order would come in so i had to put that away.then i would work on doing my orders for the night.
my supervisor/team leader is very nice
customer service (Former Employee), Winfield, ILAugust 13, 2014
wow good place and good co-worker and i thank full to god all people my supervisor/team leader and co-worker is my family member this job is very enjoyable
Strong company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Canaseraga, NYAugust 12, 2014
Assistant Store Manager
C-Store and Fuel
Daily Management of in- store and fuel sales. Ordering and Merchandising Inventory. Cash control procedures.
Store set-up and planogram revisions. Hiring and training and developing Individuals to work as a team. To not only achieve but to exceed Corp. Sales Projections. Daily maintenance and cleaning of Store
A good productive workplace with the best coffee
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Broadway, VAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: worlds best coffee
This was a pretty good place to work. The other employees and I got along very well . There wasn't always someone calling off or calling in late we were all respectful of others . Everyone pulled their own weight.
productivity with fulltime hours
Cashier (Current Employee), Solomons, MDAugust 11, 2014
Pros: got lots of hours
Cons: never felt comfortable working alone
I would consider this job for someone else it juts wasnt for me I didnt find it comforable alone in the evenings.
sound business structure but lacks trained higher level management
Corporation as Business Consultant (Former Employee), Richmond Va.August 11, 2014
long time corporation working in the convience store arena. Company has a steady background but it has entered the franchise phrase very poorly prepared. Current upper level management is not skilled in "people issues" and it is very paper work centered rather than profit centered. They are not trained in expense cutting and seem only to pay attention – more... in not being put on a "list" for lack of product sales than whether the store is building sales and working to be a solid business in their neighborhood. – less
good for entry level
CASHIER (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAAugust 10, 2014
Pros: teaches basic working skills
Cons: poor management supervison
Teaches basics of working in the world. Teaches cleaning, cooking, stocking, and basic skills you need for more advanced jobs.

About 7-Eleven

"If convenience stores are open 24 hours, why the locks on their doors?" If anyone knows, it's 7-Eleven. The North American subsidiary – Read more