7-Eleven Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast Paced Goal Oriented Work Environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  VctoriaJune 13, 2015
This jog involves managing all aspects of a retail store. This included hiring, training and managing employees, doing daily paper work and managing cash, creating a schedule for a 24/7 work environment, keeping the store to 7-11 merchandising and cleanliness standards, ordering all products and supplies necessary to run the business as well setting and meeting sales goals for target products.
Pros
Competitive Pay
Cons
HIgh level of commitment needed
Fun working place
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJune 27, 2015
Typical day is busy, sometimes we have to accomplish a task once a week like ordering. I learned how to communicate with different people better. The management is okay and my co-workers are friendly. The hardest part of it is when we don't know the schedule for the next week and the most enjoyable is when you learn new things.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Schedule may change every week
flexible job with room for advancement
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Camrose, ABJune 24, 2014
When fully staffed and things are going smoothly very flexible hours to accommodate the staff. There is plenty of room for advancement for employees willing to learn and many aspects to the job to keep from being bored at work.
Most of the staff are very flexible and helpful. They try their best to be helpful and put new employees at ease with a willingness to answer any questions. For the most part cheery staff who make a fun yet productive work day. The customers are incredible.
The hardest part of the job is covering for the less reliable employees which the company is working on
Pros
flexible shifts, medical benefits
Cons
open 24 hrs 365 days a year so must work christmas day as it is a very busy day
fun interaction with customers
Salesperson/Assistant Mgr (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCApril 10, 2014
7-11 provided a good place to come out of your shell. Meeting all different kinds of people, both friendly or just here for that one thing, provided a broad spectrum of different interactions. Money handling was key, as well as the use of the pos system, as well as keeping an eye out for someone who might try to get something for free. The staff generally work well together, and you would come to rely on them to back you up in a possibly difficult situation. sometimes if someone was sick or just didn't show up, the extended hours would make the day a bit hard, but usually there was another staff member who would be willing to fill in.

In the end though it was still all about getting the customers what they wanted, and if we did our jobs well, we were praised and felt good about how we had contributed.
Pros
free slurpees, and some write off hot food, (at the time)
Typical convenience store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCNovember 10, 2015
I worked with great, understanding manager. Better keep track of your work hours to cross check with paycheque. Due to its location inside the airport, pay is more than any other store and Female employees work worry free in graveyard shifts.
Pros
Security of the airport
Cons
Minimum wage
Good location, friendly colleagues, benefits
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 11, 2012
My job as a cashier helped me to know the professional side of me. Since it was my first job I was helped a lot by my colleagues. I learned to interact with my customers well, became more responsible with money and became more hard-working.

The management team was experienced and well organized. They were helpful and cooperative and motivated me to work efficiently.
Pros
benefits, free food
Cons
A good place to work enabling maintain work and life balance
part time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 9, 2013
Working as a Sales agent at the Canada postal outlet, handling moneygram, parcel pick-ups and arrangements,mailing and shipping mails and parcels, providing money order services, record maintenance, and also working as Cashier at the store side helping serve customers needs and providing them quick service.
Learnt the convenience store culture and dealing in with the kind of customers it has. New POS system operation, a bit about inventory management and lots from the post office.
Co-workers are quite co-operative and friendly.
Never experienced any harder side of the job so far.
Most enjoyable part of the job is that its light and easy going so far and customer interation.
It was a fun job!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 16, 2015
It was a good cashier job. Lots of customer service interaction.
Very busy fast paced.
It was a good 8 hour shift.
Fresh food.
Fresh Coffee
Lottery
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Very busy
many opportunities to learn multi-mini businesses and operations management
senior sales associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCDecember 12, 2012
many tasks ranging from customer service to cleanliness to food preparation to ordering to sales trends develops one's abilities to multi-task more efficiently and thus have a more successful business ... many skills from operating the lottery terminal to restocking cooler properly to repeat customers are the more enjoyable parts of the job while the hardest part of the job is completing all the tasks in a timely satisfactorally manner within a shift ...
Pros
learning many skills from food safety to lotto skills to inventory management skills
Cons
long hours; watch shoplifting video; report the many shoplifting incidents, that happen almost every day
Consistently busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 20, 2015
Overall I enjoyed the people I was around. However because of short staffing I would be called in at 10 pm to work a overnight shift. I would show up rain or shine if I got a call to come in but never did I get a raise or even the day off I would schedule off months in advance. However it was a pleasant experience and I learnt alot from it.
Good working atmophere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 7, 2015
Cash out
Team work
Good management
Good co-workers
Night duty is hardest part as one employee has to manage.
Relation with customers
Pros
No lunch break in working hrs
Cons
Healthy working
Fast-paced yet fun.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 23, 2015
Working at Gunn's Bakery was a learning experience. The owners cared about the employees and were willing to help improve work performance and give tips on increasing productivity.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
No cons.
PRODUCTIVE OF BEING A CASHIER.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCNovember 2, 2015
ITS A CHALLENGING JOB DUE TO DIFFERENT PEOPLE YOU ENCOUNTER . ESPECIALLY IN TREM OF DEALING WITH THEM, BUT THIS THJE JOB THAT I CAN SAY IT MAKE ME ENJOY AND FUN ESPECIALLY WHEN THE CUSTOMERS APPRECIATE YOUR JOB.
Needs alot of time to adapt the work culture
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 16, 2015
the day starts with lots of work which is very good part like cleaning the store and make it look fabulous.
i learnt to manage my time under hectic pressure
management was not that good, it could have been a better to work if the manager was adjustable.
co-workers were very good
hard part of the job was nothing. it is a easy job to do but always with a good manager
most enjoyable part of the job was with the register
Pros
nice place to learn multitasking
Cons
managers should be trained to work under pressure
Fun to work but hard to meet both ends with hourly rate they provide
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 13, 2015
A very unique place to work. Every time it is very busy. When Customers line up we have to take help from Co-worker. If Co-worker is working in Cooler at back we have to bring at front so that customers do not wait long for their purchase.
Pros
Interaction with different people
Cons
Minimum pay
7-11
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABNovember 13, 2015
I love the people I worked, i just like how the employees were trained by the manager. they would hold a grudge if you didnt do something properly.
Pros
loved the staff
Cons
manager didnt treat us properly
It's an all-around work that will enhance your capabilities/skills.
Food Service Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, ABJanuary 28, 2015
It's a 24-hours store operation. I worked at the till and usually afternoon shift. Sometimes I worked morning, evening or even in the kitchen if they're short of staff.

I learned how to be independent and on-stop decision making mostly when supervisor or manager is not in.

Management is good, we have designated task everyday so that everyone could contribute to the store cleanliness and organized.

There's no hard part of the job, it's just like you should love what your doing. Oh i remember, lifting is one of the hardest thing among girl staff because they have to carry or lift like a cases of pop for shelvings.

the most enjoyable part of the job is that we can communicate with the customers. have fun dealing with them and making a happy community.
Pros
free pops and slush
Cons
too tiring shift...
Get to drink as much slurepee. Haha
Manger at 7- 11 (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 20, 2012
My days at 7 - 11 in past 25 years is a new experence everyday I have worked different shifts from day to evening and nights. I have learned how to deal will stress, pressure, time management, dealing with all kinds of customers and staff. I have always enjoyed my job, as I have worked my way from just clerk to Management, I have also trained new employees, Managers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with shortage of staff, working long hrs, customers at nights.
Making the goals that I set or set for me.
Pros
customer service
Cons
shifts, long hours
Great place to learn
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCOctober 26, 2015
7 eleven is a great learning environment for new people starting off in a retail environment. The job is demanding at first, but managers and co workers help you a lot to improve multi tasking skill.
Nice place to work interacting with people of various backgrouds, culture, education levels.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 18, 2012
Good experience working with people with multiple backgrounds and interacting with customers with different cultures and colors.
Leaned business transactions and customer service techniques and cutomer satisfaction means and ways
Acquired practical knowledge of the standards of workplace safety and precautions to be taken
Pros
fun dealing with different customers and solving problems in real time
Cons
some time long hours of work and odd times