7-Eleven
1,336 reviews

7-Eleven Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good location, friendly colleagues, benefits
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 11, 2012
Pros: benefits, free food
Cons: long hours
My job as a cashier helped me to know the professional side of me. Since it was my first job I was helped a lot by my colleagues. I learned to interact with my customers well, became more responsible with money and became more hard-working.

The management team was experienced and well organized. They were helpful and cooperative and motivated me to – more... work efficiently. – less
It was a nice and challenging experience for a new immigrant to work at 7-eleven..
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Richmond, BCSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: 7-eleven provides good training.
Cons: salary is not enough to survive in vancouver.
The company is a nice training ground and they have a nice training program for their employees.
Good part-time job
Cashier (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABSeptember 9, 2012
Pros: easy job
Cons: long hours and low pay, mangement had hard time managing students.
Cleaned store and organized products to designated areas within the store while providing customers with required service. I've learned how to communicate with varieties of people. I have had co-workers which were easy to deal with and co-workers that it was difficult to communicate with. The most enjoyable part of my job was the freedom to work with – more... little supervision. – less
7-Eleven
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oshawa, OnSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: the customers were great
Cons: you were not guaranteed a break.
A typical day at work consisted of cleaning and serving customers. My co-workers were great my manager was pretty good but there was no room to advance in that company.
Would not return
Cashier (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCAugust 16, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: over-working, measely pay
Working at 7-Eleven was okay. I had serious issues about being left alone during graveyard shifts, but that quickly changed.
Boss is a great leader at this store
Cashier (Current Employee), Prince Albert, SKAugust 10, 2012
Pros: free coffee, and pop
Cons: can't get overtime hours when i can work overtime
A typical day at work is cleaning, cooking , running till at 7-11. while working here i learn to balance work and school. The management is great here, my boss helped me with my shifts to complete school. Co-workers come and go, because of summer holidays, and only few workers are is with 7-11. The hardest part is i can't hardly get overtime. The enjoyable – more... part is working together. – less
Great Company to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 24, 2012
Pros: good benifits
Cons: long hours
I enjoyed working as a cashier here. I am a people person and I got to know my customers really well. I liked the people I worked with.
An enjoyable place to work with a small amount of people.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCJuly 10, 2012
Pros: free beverages, good management, independant work environment
Cons: working night shifts consistently
I would arrive to my shift and begin to work with the customers. As is slowed down, I would then figure out the inventory and order such products that we were short on. I'd also have to go outside and measure the gas in the tanks and check all the pumps to make sure they were at adequate levels. Keeping the environment clean and safe was the main key.
we get our drinks for free
Cashier, Cleaning (Current Employee), Creston, BCJuly 5, 2012
Pros: regular customers
Cons: not enough hours and not enough pay.
I took the job because I was promissed full time and I am lucky if I get
8 hours a week. I also have to work evenings which is hard when you are a single parent ad have no family in the area. I like like the customers because most of them are regular and being there for just over 2 months and still training mainly learning where cigarettes are kept – more... most of them are understanding. I am still looking for a full time job, or another part time one.. – less
Burned after management training program
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 8, 2012
Cons: no breaks
I worked harder than any of the others in the management training program - cleaning and serving customers and got let go because of the inefficiences in the training program (computer based and boring as heck!). The training manager was a lazy so and so who did no training.
My advice - DON'T DO IT !! You can find a better job.
a typical day at work
Temporary Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Golden, BCMay 3, 2012
Pros: enjoying the meeting of different people
Cons: not being trained properly to run, operate a convenience store
A typical day was going to work and opening safe, balancing cash, making sure chicken was on time. what i learned is that one has to be properly trained to run a c-store. co-workers were ok, would have been better if i wasn't friends with them before i was asked to be a temporary store manager. the hardest part of this job, was that i feel i wasn't – more... trained properly to run and operate a convenience store. The most enjoyable part was the different people i met. – less
Great Management, typical convenience store
Sales Associate & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Maple Ridge, BCApril 25, 2012
Pros: extremely personable management, hours were flexible for the most part
Cons: very long hours
The people at this store were the best I've ever had the pleasure to work with. All of the management were extremely understanding and nice. I only left because the hours were slow and I was returning to school.
Recommended that you only stay with this job for a year or less and moving onto something else--
Sales Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 25, 2012
Pros: drinks are free, steady hours (32 to 40 on average), dental and other medical needs are available.
Cons: everything else
-- as a 23 year-old young adult, I can say that working at 7-Eleven was one of the worst work experiences I've ever had since graduating high-school in 2008.

A typical day would start off as either me showing up early in the morning... or late at night (Between the hours 10 p.m. and 11 p.m.) to a messy store, the staff member (Normally alone) would – more... be trying to clean up the store as best as possible... but given the nature of the night-shift... and working alone and over-tired, stuff that would normally take five minutes drags on to about half-an-hour or more and it might not get done at all.

The manager would show up and demand to know why those small thing haven't been finished, and the excuse "I didn't have enough time because it was busy tonight--" wasn't accepted. And I would receive a stern talking to and a Pink slip.

The management demanded near-perfection during inspections, and would only accept a rating of 90% or higher. anything below a 90 rating would result in a pink slip for a failed inspection.

The other staff members were also suffering from work related stress issues and many would just not want to show up and were either fired, or they quit on the spot.

Sadly... the most enjoyable part of working at 7-Eleven was "Quitting Time". And as I discovered after working at this one location for three years... the money itself wasn't even worth it in the long run. – less
Fast Paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, AbMarch 21, 2012
Pros: contact with public
Cons: shift work(graveyards)
I worked at many different locations in Calgary.
7-Eleven had the best benefit package of all the places that I worked.
With medical, dental, eyes, and a retirement plan that the company put money into to match your savings.
great customer service
certified senior sales associate (Current Employee), kamloops bcFebruary 29, 2012
they provide great customer service and provide a clean and enjoyable atmostpher.

About 7-Eleven

"If convenience stores are open 24 hours, why the locks on their doors?" If anyone knows, it's 7-Eleven. The North American subsidiary – Read more