7-Eleven Employee Reviews in Canada

not worth the pain
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 24, 2016
coworkers are amazing, no work to life balance, you literally live to work instead of work to live which gets miserable pretty quick
Pros
slurpees
Cons
never left alone
I loved dealing with the public
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 18, 2012
Do cash in, serve customers, order ,recieve deliveries,resolving problems ensuring the customer is happy. I learned the skills to work night shift and make decisions without a manager around(did not want to be disturbed at night). Management trusted me to make executive decisions without there help. We were pretty much left alone. My co-worker was great and we worked well togeather.The hardest part of the job was having to sleep during day. Most enjoyable was customers.
Pros
lots of pay raises based on performance
Cons
working nights sleeping during day
Productive and challenging work dealing with customers
Cashier/ Sales Associate (part- time) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 27, 2015
Job security is so well aside from the management. It's a wonderful work place to get exposed with different customers with different moods and behaviours...
Pros
Good set of colleagues
Cons
long work standing, unruly customers especially at night
i learned a lot of things that made me a good decision maker.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SKSeptember 11, 2015
its always fun and great working with nice and hardworking staffs. i also learned and gained knowledge in supervising staffs. its also a good idea of knowing those management everyday tasks like preparing all the paperwork and depositing the sales to the bank. i cant think of any hardest part of the job but all i know is by having dedication and putting hard work will ease any problems that you might encounter.
fun
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 12, 2016
fun to work with customer but hard to work nightshift because you will have to interact with mostly drunk, on drugs high customers, theft and many others. must follow the company rules if those incidence were happen.
Cons
roberry danger
Make food
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2016
I learn how to make food,I learn how to work independently. I also learn how to make food and finish on time. The co-workers are really nice and love me. The hardest part was to clean but I always successful.
too many priorities that have immedeat prescedence
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Taber, ABJanuary 3, 2013
A typical day of work started with finding out what i didn't accomplish on my last shift, then finding out what wasn't done on the shift immedeatly before mine. Next sorting out the many priorities and distributing them between i and my fellow employee(s) unless i was alone so that they could be accomplished efficiently and quickly. customer service always came before shift duties regardless of their impact on the amount of time one had to accomplish shift duties. Most of my co-workers were great to work with. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the manager and remebering all the little details that needed attending during the shift. The most enjoyable part were the people and the customers.
Pros
great pay and benifits
Cons
the manager and too many priorities- not a good job for young adults new to the working environment
Good working atmosphere
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 11, 2015
Good Co-workers.
During school days, typical to handle kids in store.
Management is good.
Being food store, mostly all the work of CDC has to be done.
However, good interaction with customers.
Enjoying new contacts.
Pros
Free beverage
Cons
8 Hrs shift
Great company to work for
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 30, 2015
Great working with customers in store and in post office.
Was training for assistant manager position. Managed stock and ordering.
Learn how to cash out, balance and deposit.
Company was challenging and kept you on your feet .
Pros
Flexible with hours
Cons
Company did some restructuring and closed.
Typical convenience store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCNovember 10, 2015
I worked with great, understanding manager. Better keep track of your work hours to cross check with paycheque. Due to its location inside the airport, pay is more than any other store and Female employees work worry free in graveyard shifts.
Pros
Security of the airport
Cons
Minimum wage
Wouldn't recommend
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONAugust 19, 2015
I worked midnights, was told I wouldnt be working alone for more then 3 hours and police stopped in regularly during nights, I was working alone within 3 days and rarely saw a police officer. I couldnt use the rest room unless there was a regular/friend in the store to watch the store in case someone came in, too much work for one person to handle, no break unless you were a smoker and when I was able to take a break I was told I wasnt allowed. Manager and regular costumers were nice but co-workers and assistant manger were rude, often talked behind each-others backs.
Pros
Free slurpees, gulps, coffees while working. Nice regulars and tourists.
Cons
No break or bathroom breaks, rude associates, talked about behind your back
10/10
Cashier, Stock, Food Attendant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCNovember 17, 2015
Ringing through sales, counting lottery and smokes, checking expiry dates, daily temperature check on foods, cleaning.
How to keep track of sales for ordering with a hand held machine.
Co-workers were friendly.
Having to count smokes and lottery while ringing through sales.
Free slurpee day
Pros
Frees slurpees and coffee
Excellent place to serve people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 29, 2015
I maintained store, and delivered customer service almost every night, always available in case of other coworkers non availability, I learnt a lot from 7-Eleven, like how to maintain a store, handle cash, customer service, inventory management, performance management. I found excellent store managers, the stores was managed by qualified professionals and exceed their goals most of the time, i found my coworkers, supportive and flexible. The hardest part of my job was to stay focus in night shift and provide accurate, fast customer service; and the most enjoyable part was to enjoy free Slurpee and coffee.
Pros
Free slurpee and coffee for employees
Cons
Always available for work
Good location, friendly colleagues, benefits
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 11, 2012
My job as a cashier helped me to know the professional side of me. Since it was my first job I was helped a lot by my colleagues. I learned to interact with my customers well, became more responsible with money and became more hard-working.

The management team was experienced and well organized. They were helpful and cooperative and motivated me to work efficiently.
Pros
benefits, free food
Cons
Work very hard and long hours
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 17, 2015
I would say its one of the hardest jobs! You work hard to keep old stores look good, you try to make the goals they set- which are very high. They let there District Mgr do what they want and say what they want to you. Your lucky if you see them in 2 to 3 weeks when they only cover 5 to 7 stores in their district...
Pros
nothing
Cons
There never happy
It was a fun job!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 16, 2015
It was a good cashier job. Lots of customer service interaction.
Very busy fast paced.
It was a good 8 hour shift.
Fresh food.
Fresh Coffee
Lottery
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Very busy
It was a great job
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKOctober 24, 2015
It was a great job with flexible hours. Management was okay and my fellow staff where great people who always had a big smile on their faces.
Friendly place to work with a lot of advancement opportunities.
Assistant Manager/Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2014
I started as an entry level employee, I worked hard and showed that I wanted to have more responsibilities so I asked to move up to the next level in the team and my managers were very happy to help me achieve my goal. I continued all the way to Certified Assistant Manager with in two years of my start date. If you want to move up, there is always an opportunity waiting for you.
Pros
great dental and medical benifits.
Cons
unexpected hours
Fast-paced yet fun.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 23, 2015
Working at Gunn's Bakery was a learning experience. The owners cared about the employees and were willing to help improve work performance and give tips on increasing productivity.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
No cons.
good starter job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABSeptember 2, 2015
On a typical day I come into a dirty store with little fresh food on or food that is expiring soon. I have to cook, clean, serve customers, put away orders, order fresh food, block and face, do dishes, count smokes and lottery all without any help.
Pros
free pop, slurpee or coffee
Cons
no day shifts, poor management, not enough labour hours