7-Eleven Employee Reviews

People who strive to have excellent customer service
Cashier/ Cook (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMarch 28, 2016
A typical day was meeting and greeting customers with a smile and assist them when asked.
What I learned was everyday is a new day and things can happen at any moment and you just have to roll with the punch's and act calm in bad situations.
My co-workers where great and I love them like family because they where they experienced the same things as I did and can relate to me none of my friends could.
The hardest part about this job was always smiling and saying hello to everyone who came in the door.
I enjoyed meeting new people and assisting them with purchases creating a smile on their faces when they look like they had a bad day.
Pros
Free slurpee's
Cons
Theives
Grooming of soft and technical skills.
Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg City, MBMarch 24, 2016
Its a great and lovely environment there and its been remarkable for me work there i learned and developed many skills .All the co workers are friendly and polite so i have a great time there . Flexible schedule and really a cooperative staff.
Pros
Health insurance
Customer service
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 19, 2016
A typical day at work included customer service, ordering ,inventory, cashier, vendor deliveries, cash handling, banking, payroll, inventory management
Operated and in charge of store in managers absence
I had a great working relationship with fellow co workers and manager I always lead by example
The hardest part of the job was work life balance
Fun work with broken promises
Sr. Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 14, 2016
The job is very fun and so much opportunity to learn more. Many times I have had promises broken.

Besides that the coworkers are fun and the customers are fun to get to know. The possibility of robbery can be scary but it's not so bad if you follow rules.
Pros
varying shifts, shift work
Cons
robberies, lots of call-ins
Dynamic Workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  GTA, ONMarch 8, 2016
Dealt with staffing issues such as interviewing potential staff, conducting appraisals and performance reviews, providing or organising training and development, as well as resolving health and safety, legal and security issues

Ensured a high level of standards for quality, customer service through motivating staff, providing a positive working environment and setting standards and modeled behavior

Managed stock levels, made key decisions about stock control, organized, executed and managed marketing and merchandising programs including special promotions, displays and events

Analyzed and interpreted sales figures and trends, and forecasted future sales

Ensured that all sales targets and goals were met and/or exceeded on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis

Ensured the interior and exterior of the store was maintained to company standards

Resolved customer problems or complaints by determining optimal solutions
Good job for someone with zero experience/ student job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  British ColumbiaMarch 7, 2016
A very good company for someone who does not have work experience or part time for students. But for graduates, I don't think so, because at one point career gets stagnated.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
too much work compared to compensation
Great manager! Fun place to work.
Component Manager (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, ABMarch 2, 2016
Fast paced business. Lots of support from all levels of management.
No shortage of ongoing training. Lots of room for advancement.
great place to work
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fernie, BCMarch 1, 2016
Most part enjoyable place to work. Love dealing with the public and getting to know the regular customers along with most of my co workers
Liked it.
Cashier/Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCFebruary 27, 2016
Was good, easy enough job, worked with some idiots, but made me look good while i worked among them, if i had stuck with it i would have moved quickly, but I just needed a summer job before moving to Ottawa.
Low moral and non productive work from employees
Senior Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKFebruary 26, 2016
Although I started out loving my job because it was such a huge change from working in an office, I found that as time passed employees weren't held accountable for the huge mistakes that were being made both in product and especially in customer service. I am the type of person who likes to be able to solve a problem ASAP so that the customers are satisfied and my hands are basically tied at this establishment. There are no rewards for a job well done and management plays favorites and rewards only those that their parents have worked with them at some point in time. It has become a very hard work environment to be happy with my job.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
not worth the pain
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 24, 2016
coworkers are amazing, no work to life balance, you literally live to work instead of work to live which gets miserable pretty quick
Pros
slurpees
Cons
never left alone
it is a okay work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Colborne, ONFebruary 18, 2016
This job is not the best work place. The other workers and management are very good at working but they do not work as a team and are not always nice to each other
Productive and Fun while working.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  530 Dale Blwd, Winnipeg, MBFebruary 17, 2016
It's very good experience with my current employer. It is my first employer at Winnipeg, Canada and I found it very friendly environment around the store while on work. I thought it difficult to adjust with new culture and environment however It was proved me wrong and everything was wonderful at work. All my colleague and my manage are very supportive and in just one and half week since I started work I got all knowledge about how to work. I got support from each of them and always we had lots of fun while working which never make me feel than I am new to Canada or to this company and believe me everything going well and I must say that I am perfect just in one month like all other employee of the store. I learn things faster from staff members and few from my mistake at work. I simply consider lucky to have wonderful staff as well as my knowledge to adopt things faster.
Great place to work!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKFebruary 4, 2016
Great place to work, and lots of room for advancement. Fun working environment! lots of overtime if short staff. lots of friendly people.
Pros
great benefits!
Cons
lots of turnover
Make food
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2016
I learn how to make food,I learn how to work independently. I also learn how to make food and finish on time. The co-workers are really nice and love me. The hardest part was to clean but I always successful.
fun environment to work in
Certified sales associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCJanuary 22, 2016
was great to work there but the management was terrible
never had cover for shifts if someone fell ill or had an emergency
Pros
free soda and slurpees
Cons
bad management and no coverage for shifts ever
good company with high expectations
Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 17, 2016
7 Eleven offered me a great opportunity to advance. I love the customer base and the good products offered. This was a great Job for me but it is now taking over my life as it is a 24/7 company so my home work life is very unbalanced.
Pros
great benefiets
Cons
24 hrs a day for low pay
Good job sercurity and guaranteed hours.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 13, 2016
Each day was comforting to stick to a certain routine and completing before the shift was over.

I learned how to process payroll and learned the ordering process of each section of the store for weekly stocking.

Management were very compliant and helpful when learning new skills and processing new tasks.

My fellow co-workers were mostly helpful when help was required.

The hardest part of the job, was leaving to engage back into school for Academic Upgrading, but that decision was well worth it.

The most enjoyable part of the job was engaging in the seasonal sales display it let me expand my imaginations with each display.
Pros
Free meals.
Cons
The bus schedule in the winter was very unpredictable.
fun
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 12, 2016
fun to work with customer but hard to work nightshift because you will have to interact with mostly drunk, on drugs high customers, theft and many others. must follow the company rules if those incidence were happen.
Cons
roberry danger
Easy place to work; not very fun.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 11, 2016
What do I even say about this place? The term "slave labor" comes to mind when I think about all of the stuff I did as per the managers request, but for no purpose. I was playing the role of managerial god and in the end I was just a puppet. Let me break this down:

I'd go into work for my 2-10, I'd clock in at the back, I'd walk out to droning coworkers who were only happy to see me because I was relieving them of their duties and that was that. I'd stand at the front for the first 20-30 minutes of a shift, ring people through, help them with anything they needed and that was that. From there I'd be changing garbage, sweeping/mopping the floor, changing out coffee, cleaning up spills and messes throughout the workplace, managing merchandise facing, appropriation and overall display (for the sake of making it harder for people to steal without us noticing), restocking and arranging the vault and at the end of the night... dreaded cash out. It was, suffice it to say, an incredibly easy job (if not grueling to do) and it paid enough with the forty-hours a week it was giving me to make ends meet for the time being.

Now while it doesn't sound so bad, here's the part you haven't heard yet: the manager was not a nice fellow, and he was out to get you - all of you. The issue is that our manager was fairly biased in that he didn't like anyone who wasn't Filipino - like him - and so the color of your skin and the nature of your heritage was a big thing. What could you do about it? Nothing. What did it result in? For me, it resulted in absolutely RIDICULOUS messes in the vault;
  more... a scattering of plastic, cardboard and things being misplaced, broken or opened. It was unpleasant, it was unfair and it took up the better half of my time in the vault trying to arrange things and restock them as the day would drag on- which would lead to him yelling at me because I took so long in the vault and had to shirk some of my other duties until it was finished... because then, if I didn't finish it he would yell at me for that and I even got written up for it. What do you do when you can't win?

Something I learned at this job, just like the one that came before it, was how to deal with difficult individuals who aren't at all happy to see you, be near you or even speak to you. There's a special kind of ignorance that breeds in people who are miserable, and unfortunately it's just something you have to accept. At the end of the day, I've taken it upon myself to try and make others in the workplace - be it friend, foe or stranger - happier for what and who they are, where they are and why they're doing whatever it is they're doing. It's a skill I've obtained in the time I've had to cope with all of the buzz regarding a myriad different issues wherein someone is a jerk, usually me even if I'm not.

My coworkers were lazy for the most part, uninspired and not totally willing to fulfill their job duties. I can only speak for one whom went above what I even did. She may as well have been the manager, because she dealt with every single little problem, she did payroll, she did item counts, she dealt with customer disputes, she did it ALL. She was the one coworker I enjoyed working with because she was: fun to be around, agreeable, a little obnoxious but in a good way, hardworking and overall made my life easier. She was the type of coworker you could confide in, lean on or depend upon for anything. A truly admirable worker, and I always aspired to do better and be more to the standard which she held for herself.

In the end, I think that about sums up the experience I had there and what I would say in regards to reviewing it. It's not a nice place, it's not great work... but it is easy, even if easy is relative.
Pros
Free food (in the form of write-offs), easy job to do, can be fun depending on who you're with.
Cons
Shift work, non-negotiable hours, no pay raises (management), disrespectful head staff.