7-Eleven Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
too many priorities that have immedeat prescedence
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), Taber, ABJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: great pay and benifits
Cons: the manager and too many priorities- not a good job for young adults new to the working environment
A typical day of work started with finding out what i didn't accomplish on my last shift, then finding out what wasn't done on the shift immedeatly before mine. Next sorting out the many priorities and distributing them between i and my fellow employee(s) unless i was alone so that they could be accomplished efficiently and quickly. customer service always came before shift duties regardless of their impact on the amount of time one had to accomplish shift duties. Most of my co-workers were great to work with. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the manager and remebering all the little details that needed attending during the shift. The most enjoyable part were the people and the customers.
PRODUCTIVE OF BEING A CASHIER.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Richmond, BCNovember 2, 2015
ITS A CHALLENGING JOB DUE TO DIFFERENT PEOPLE YOU ENCOUNTER . ESPECIALLY IN TREM OF DEALING WITH THEM, BUT THIS THJE JOB THAT I CAN SAY IT MAKE ME ENJOY AND FUN ESPECIALLY WHEN THE CUSTOMERS APPRECIATE YOUR JOB.
7-11
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABNovember 13, 2015
Pros: loved the staff
Cons: manager didnt treat us properly
I love the people I worked, i just like how the employees were trained by the manager. they would hold a grudge if you didnt do something properly.
Great place to learn
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Surrey, BCOctober 26, 2015
7 eleven is a great learning environment for new people starting off in a retail environment. The job is demanding at first, but managers and co workers help you a lot to improve multi tasking skill.
good learning experience
certified senior sales associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 28, 2015
that was my second job as sales associate and i use to work as part time .it did provide me opportunity to work with the people and deal with the people as i love doing that.it got me involved into adjustment of flexibility as i have adjust between different shifts.from this job i learnt alot about the professionalism and business ethics and improve my communication skills
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MbOctober 12, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Location
Good place to work but there is no future opportunity with the company. The training does not seem to be up to standards I am familiar with. Also not a very sage environment to work in. People are okay to work.
Good location, friendly colleagues, benefits
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 11, 2012
Pros: benefits, free food
Cons: long hours
My job as a cashier helped me to know the professional side of me. Since it was my first job I was helped a lot by my colleagues. I learned to interact with my customers well, became more responsible with money and became more hard-working.

The management team was experienced and well organized. They were helpful and cooperative and motivated me to work efficiently.
7 Eleven store was good
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MbOctober 22, 2015
7 Eleven Store was flexible, a lot to learn which I enjoy learning. Always busy doing something which made time fly by. I'd go back and work my way up to manager.
Fun at work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 6, 2015
Company deals in the retail sector of North America and caters to the diverse demographics when it comes to the customer base.
Good working atmophere
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 7, 2015
Pros: No lunch break in working hrs
Cons: Healthy working
Cash out
Team work
Good management
Good co-workers
Night duty is hardest part as one employee has to manage.
Relation with customers
Friendly place to work with a lot of advancement opportunities.
Assistant Manager/Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great dental and medical benifits.
Cons: unexpected hours
I started as an entry level employee, I worked hard and showed that I wanted to have more responsibilities so I asked to move up to the next level in the team and my managers were very happy to help me achieve my goal. I continued all the way to Certified Assistant Manager with in two years of my start date. If you want to move up, there is always an opportunity waiting for you.
Fun working place
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJune 27, 2015
Pros: Free drinks
Cons: Schedule may change every week
Typical day is busy, sometimes we have to accomplish a task once a week like ordering. I learned how to communicate with different people better. The management is okay and my co-workers are friendly. The hardest part of it is when we don't know the schedule for the next week and the most enjoyable is when you learn new things.
7-Eleven Work
Sales (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 7, 2015
At 7-Eleven, you are given a bit more control than other typical competitors jobs.
Employees are encouraged to learn ordering, do paperwork and work with the manager to make the store highly efficient.

Night hours can be a bit of a drag since 7-Eleven does operate 24/7
Fast Paced Goal Oriented Work Environment
Store Manager (Current Employee), VctoriaJune 13, 2015
Pros: Competitive Pay
Cons: HIgh level of commitment needed
This jog involves managing all aspects of a retail store. This included hiring, training and managing employees, doing daily paper work and managing cash, creating a schedule for a 24/7 work environment, keeping the store to 7-11 merchandising and cleanliness standards, ordering all products and supplies necessary to run the business as well setting and meeting sales goals for target products.
first job in canada
Certified Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee), surrey,bcOctober 6, 2014
Pros: salary on time
Cons: long hours
Patrol the premises and adjacent areas
Investigate and report any suspicious activity
Take necessary action on spot when needed
not a very good place to work
Assistant store leader (Current Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 14, 2015
one bad thing about customer service is that if you are a short tempered person then customer service is not your field no matter what happens the company doesn't want to lose the customer even if he spits on your face.
good
electranic billing,supervisor,store keeping (Former Employee), canadaOctober 6, 2015
I love to be one of the worker.i am fastest working situation.carrout the task to customer satisfaction plan to sale on the target basis
Unhappy with Management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Regina, SKJuly 27, 2013
Cons: low salary, job timings, poor management.
Late night shifts no work life balance, way low wages. Difference in wages of employees with same job discription. Hardest part of the job was the timings. Management was not that helpful. Was happy with co-workers.
Needs alot of time to adapt the work culture
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 16, 2015
Pros: nice place to learn multitasking
Cons: managers should be trained to work under pressure
the day starts with lots of work which is very good part like cleaning the store and make it look fabulous.
i learnt to manage my time under hectic pressure
management was not that good, it could have been a better to work if the manager was adjustable.
co-workers were very good
hard part of the job was nothing. it is a easy job to do but always with a good manager
most enjoyable part of the job was with the register
Harder work than you might think
Certified Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), Campbell River, BCJuly 11, 2013
Lots of opportunity to advance if you are willing to work. Raises are performance based and you are required to attend training courses in order to move up. Learned some great skills here, only down side is you have to be available for any shift and everyone has to work Christmas day.
Headquarters