7-Eleven Employee Reviews in Canada

Wouldn't recommend
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ONAugust 19, 2015
I worked midnights, was told I wouldnt be working alone for more then 3 hours and police stopped in regularly during nights, I was working alone within 3 days and rarely saw a police officer. I couldnt use the rest room unless there was a regular/friend in the store to watch the store in case someone came in, too much work for one person to handle, no break unless you were a smoker and when I was able to take a break I was told I wasnt allowed. Manager and regular costumers were nice but co-workers and assistant manger were rude, often talked behind each-others backs.
Pros
Free slurpees, gulps, coffees while working. Nice regulars and tourists.
Cons
No break or bathroom breaks, rude associates, talked about behind your back
Typical convenience store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCNovember 10, 2015
I worked with great, understanding manager. Better keep track of your work hours to cross check with paycheque. Due to its location inside the airport, pay is more than any other store and Female employees work worry free in graveyard shifts.
Pros
Security of the airport
Cons
Minimum wage
10/10
Cashier, Stock, Food Attendant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCNovember 17, 2015
Ringing through sales, counting lottery and smokes, checking expiry dates, daily temperature check on foods, cleaning.
How to keep track of sales for ordering with a hand held machine.
Co-workers were friendly.
Having to count smokes and lottery while ringing through sales.
Free slurpee day
Pros
Frees slurpees and coffee
Excellent place to serve people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 29, 2015
I maintained store, and delivered customer service almost every night, always available in case of other coworkers non availability, I learnt a lot from 7-Eleven, like how to maintain a store, handle cash, customer service, inventory management, performance management. I found excellent store managers, the stores was managed by qualified professionals and exceed their goals most of the time, i found my coworkers, supportive and flexible. The hardest part of my job was to stay focus in night shift and provide accurate, fast customer service; and the most enjoyable part was to enjoy free Slurpee and coffee.
Pros
Free slurpee and coffee for employees
Cons
Always available for work
Work very hard and long hours
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 17, 2015
I would say its one of the hardest jobs! You work hard to keep old stores look good, you try to make the goals they set- which are very high. They let there District Mgr do what they want and say what they want to you. Your lucky if you see them in 2 to 3 weeks when they only cover 5 to 7 stores in their district...
Pros
nothing
Cons
There never happy
too many priorities that have immedeat prescedence
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Taber, ABJanuary 3, 2013
A typical day of work started with finding out what i didn't accomplish on my last shift, then finding out what wasn't done on the shift immedeatly before mine. Next sorting out the many priorities and distributing them between i and my fellow employee(s) unless i was alone so that they could be accomplished efficiently and quickly. customer service always came before shift duties regardless of their impact on the amount of time one had to accomplish shift duties. Most of my co-workers were great to work with. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the manager and remebering all the little details that needed attending during the shift. The most enjoyable part were the people and the customers.
Pros
great pay and benifits
Cons
the manager and too many priorities- not a good job for young adults new to the working environment
It was a great job
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKOctober 24, 2015
It was a great job with flexible hours. Management was okay and my fellow staff where great people who always had a big smile on their faces.
It was a fun job!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 16, 2015
It was a good cashier job. Lots of customer service interaction.
Very busy fast paced.
It was a good 8 hour shift.
Fresh food.
Fresh Coffee
Lottery
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Very busy
good starter job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABSeptember 2, 2015
On a typical day I come into a dirty store with little fresh food on or food that is expiring soon. I have to cook, clean, serve customers, put away orders, order fresh food, block and face, do dishes, count smokes and lottery all without any help.
Pros
free pop, slurpee or coffee
Cons
no day shifts, poor management, not enough labour hours
Fast-paced yet fun.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 23, 2015
Working at Gunn's Bakery was a learning experience. The owners cared about the employees and were willing to help improve work performance and give tips on increasing productivity.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
No cons.
Fun to work but hard to meet both ends with hourly rate they provide
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 13, 2015
A very unique place to work. Every time it is very busy. When Customers line up we have to take help from Co-worker. If Co-worker is working in Cooler at back we have to bring at front so that customers do not wait long for their purchase.
Pros
Interaction with different people
Cons
Minimum pay
Good location, friendly colleagues, benefits
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 11, 2012
My job as a cashier helped me to know the professional side of me. Since it was my first job I was helped a lot by my colleagues. I learned to interact with my customers well, became more responsible with money and became more hard-working.

The management team was experienced and well organized. They were helpful and cooperative and motivated me to work efficiently.
Pros
benefits, free food
Cons
PRODUCTIVE OF BEING A CASHIER.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCNovember 2, 2015
ITS A CHALLENGING JOB DUE TO DIFFERENT PEOPLE YOU ENCOUNTER . ESPECIALLY IN TREM OF DEALING WITH THEM, BUT THIS THJE JOB THAT I CAN SAY IT MAKE ME ENJOY AND FUN ESPECIALLY WHEN THE CUSTOMERS APPRECIATE YOUR JOB.
7-11
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABNovember 13, 2015
I love the people I worked, i just like how the employees were trained by the manager. they would hold a grudge if you didnt do something properly.
Pros
loved the staff
Cons
manager didnt treat us properly
Friendly place to work with a lot of advancement opportunities.
Assistant Manager/Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2014
I started as an entry level employee, I worked hard and showed that I wanted to have more responsibilities so I asked to move up to the next level in the team and my managers were very happy to help me achieve my goal. I continued all the way to Certified Assistant Manager with in two years of my start date. If you want to move up, there is always an opportunity waiting for you.
Pros
great dental and medical benifits.
Cons
unexpected hours
Great place to learn
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCOctober 26, 2015
7 eleven is a great learning environment for new people starting off in a retail environment. The job is demanding at first, but managers and co workers help you a lot to improve multi tasking skill.
good learning experience
certified senior sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 28, 2015
that was my second job as sales associate and i use to work as part time .it did provide me opportunity to work with the people and deal with the people as i love doing that.it got me involved into adjustment of flexibility as i have adjust between different shifts.from this job i learnt alot about the professionalism and business ethics and improve my communication skills
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MbOctober 12, 2015
Good place to work but there is no future opportunity with the company. The training does not seem to be up to standards I am familiar with. Also not a very sage environment to work in. People are okay to work.
Pros
People
7 Eleven store was good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MbOctober 22, 2015
7 Eleven Store was flexible, a lot to learn which I enjoy learning. Always busy doing something which made time fly by. I'd go back and work my way up to manager.
Fun at work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 6, 2015
Company deals in the retail sector of North America and caters to the diverse demographics when it comes to the customer base.