7-Eleven Employee Reviews

great to be able to learn all the skills I gained from that job.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Prince Rupert, BC31 May 2016
I learned so much computer skills and management qualitites.Machine maintence was learnt. cashing out capablitlty was taught very well.
Pros
hours were very good
Cons
Nothing was free
Poor management
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC18 July 2016
Hours were terrible and boss was unwilling to work with my schedule even when i was hired i explained my limitations. would not work there again with that management
Low moral and non productive work from employees
Senior Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 February 2016
Although I started out loving my job because it was such a huge change from working in an office, I found that as time passed employees weren't held accountable for the huge mistakes that were being made both in product and especially in customer service. I am the type of person who likes to be able to solve a problem ASAP so that the customers are satisfied and my hands are basically tied at this establishment. There are no rewards for a job well done and management plays favorites and rewards only those that their parents have worked with them at some point in time. It has become a very hard work environment to be happy with my job.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 May 2016
I had enjoyed a lot while working as Sales Associate in Seven Eleven. My shift hours were flexible. Everyone was working in the store as team members and helpful towards each other.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
thumbs way down
SALES (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 May 2016
i hate every day of my life that i work here because of how little they care about their staff company wide. worker rights are regularly violated but i am too broke to leave
Pros
many on paper, none in reality
Cons
every day i work here
learning experience
Retail clerk, Canada post (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 August 2016
i have learnt great from there....juliet is a great guide....working there really upgrade my skills.i love working there.
Grooming of soft and technical skills.
Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg City, MB24 March 2016
Its a great and lovely environment there and its been remarkable for me work there i learned and developed many skills .All the co workers are friendly and polite so i have a great time there . Flexible schedule and really a cooperative staff.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Fun work with broken promises
Sr. Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 March 2016
The job is very fun and so much opportunity to learn more. Many times I have had promises broken.

Besides that the coworkers are fun and the customers are fun to get to know. The possibility of robbery can be scary but it's not so bad if you follow rules.
Pros
varying shifts, shift work
Cons
robberies, lots of call-ins
Exciting and Fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 June 2016
I have learned how to deal with people. Its very busy everyday at work because I have to deal with the customers and I also have to finish my task assignments.
Pros
not boring
Cons
cant take a break
many homeless people i do not feel safe.
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC31 March 2016
ring in items, general cleaning, stocking of products, making coffee, heating food. I haven't really learned anything. Co-workers complain about whether store is clean or not all the time. If the store is dirty after I leave it doesn't mean I didn't do my job...
was a nice job and lots of free drinks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB6 July 2016
the staff was all friendle and i got to meet alote of new people and build lots of customer skills i also learned how to be a cashier
Productive, motivated, fast paced environment
Sr. Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 May 2016
Daily store operation
Staff belive in Team work
It’s pretty challenging. Good place for training and performance
Management is good supportive, friendly co-workers
nice place to work and meet new people
Customer Service Representative/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON10 April 2016
i learn proper customer service from this job. I also learn about team work. This place helped me to think about future plan.
Pros
30 min paid break
Cons
tough to work in cooler for long time
enjoyed job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 June 2016
enjoyed job with variety of staff and customers. only left because over night shifts became a problem with family at the time so i changed to a day job
Best for initial Job
CERTIFIED ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2016
gas station is fast physical active job that i like, car wash is also a one of the very good earning that i concentrate. i maintained full shelf merchandise with new products.
Productive and Fun while working.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  530 Dale Blwd, Winnipeg, MB17 February 2016
It's very good experience with my current employer. It is my first employer at Winnipeg, Canada and I found it very friendly environment around the store while on work. I thought it difficult to adjust with new culture and environment however It was proved me wrong and everything was wonderful at work. All my colleague and my manage are very supportive and in just one and half week since I started work I got all knowledge about how to work. I got support from each of them and always we had lots of fun while working which never make me feel than I am new to Canada or to this company and believe me everything going well and I must say that I am perfect just in one month like all other employee of the store. I learn things faster from staff members and few from my mistake at work. I simply consider lucky to have wonderful staff as well as my knowledge to adopt things faster.
Good job for someone with zero experience/ student job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  British Columbia7 March 2016
A very good company for someone who does not have work experience or part time for students. But for graduates, I don't think so, because at one point career gets stagnated.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
too much work compared to compensation
Too much work load
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 April 2016
My this job is ok. why because too much work load on one person.but my co workers are very nice and helpful. same thing again every day i meet different peoples.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
enough hours
Challenging
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC20 June 2016
It was a good experience, I had the chance to prove myself but Health Care was always something in the back on my mind so I switch carreer.
Good job sercurity and guaranteed hours.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 January 2016
Each day was comforting to stick to a certain routine and completing before the shift was over.

I learned how to process payroll and learned the ordering process of each section of the store for weekly stocking.

Management were very compliant and helpful when learning new skills and processing new tasks.

My fellow co-workers were mostly helpful when help was required.

The hardest part of the job, was leaving to engage back into school for Academic Upgrading, but that decision was well worth it.

The most enjoyable part of the job was engaging in the seasonal sales display it let me expand my imaginations with each display.
Pros
Free meals.
Cons
The bus schedule in the winter was very unpredictable.