7-Eleven

7-Eleven Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A fun environment.Enjoyed working with the public.
Certified Sales Associate (Former Employee), Powell River, BCOctober 14, 2012
Started at either 11pm or 4 am.Made sandwiches,wraps,salads and pizza and chicken wings.Learned how to order stores supplies,cleaning of all equipment using cleaning solutions.Was a fast paced environment.Enjoyed working with all employees.Most enjoyed the customers.
didnt apresiate the work enviornment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Coaldale, ABOctober 12, 2012
Pros: free slurpee's
Cons: to fast passed
the people you work with are to uptight in there work, the work environment you work in is to fast passed and overall the work is terrable
Good location, friendly colleagues, benefits
Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 11, 2012
Pros: benefits, free food
Cons: long hours
My job as a cashier helped me to know the professional side of me. Since it was my first job I was helped a lot by my colleagues. I learned to interact with my customers well, became more responsible with money and became more hard-working.

The management team was experienced and well organized. They were helpful and cooperative and motivated me to – more... work efficiently. – less
It was a nice and challenging experience for a new immigrant to work at 7-eleven..
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Richmond, BCSeptember 28, 2012
Pros: 7-eleven provides good training.
Cons: salary is not enough to survive in vancouver.
The company is a nice training ground and they have a nice training program for their employees.
Good part-time job
Cashier (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABSeptember 9, 2012
Pros: easy job
Cons: long hours and low pay, mangement had hard time managing students.
Cleaned store and organized products to designated areas within the store while providing customers with required service. I've learned how to communicate with varieties of people. I have had co-workers which were easy to deal with and co-workers that it was difficult to communicate with. The most enjoyable part of my job was the freedom to work with – more... little supervision. – less
7-Eleven
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oshawa, OnSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: the customers were great
Cons: you were not guaranteed a break.
A typical day at work consisted of cleaning and serving customers. My co-workers were great my manager was pretty good but there was no room to advance in that company.
Would not return
Cashier (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCAugust 16, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: over-working, measely pay
Working at 7-Eleven was okay. I had serious issues about being left alone during graveyard shifts, but that quickly changed.
Boss is a great leader at this store
Cashier (Current Employee), Prince Albert, SKAugust 10, 2012
Pros: free coffee, and pop
Cons: can't get overtime hours when i can work overtime
A typical day at work is cleaning, cooking , running till at 7-11. while working here i learn to balance work and school. The management is great here, my boss helped me with my shifts to complete school. Co-workers come and go, because of summer holidays, and only few workers are is with 7-11. The hardest part is i can't hardly get overtime. The enjoyable – more... part is working together. – less
Great Company to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 24, 2012
Pros: good benifits
Cons: long hours
I enjoyed working as a cashier here. I am a people person and I got to know my customers really well. I liked the people I worked with.
An enjoyable place to work with a small amount of people.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCJuly 10, 2012
Pros: free beverages, good management, independant work environment
Cons: working night shifts consistently
I would arrive to my shift and begin to work with the customers. As is slowed down, I would then figure out the inventory and order such products that we were short on. I'd also have to go outside and measure the gas in the tanks and check all the pumps to make sure they were at adequate levels. Keeping the environment clean and safe was the main key.
we get our drinks for free
Cashier, Cleaning (Current Employee), Creston, BCJuly 5, 2012
Pros: regular customers
Cons: not enough hours and not enough pay.
I took the job because I was promissed full time and I am lucky if I get
8 hours a week. I also have to work evenings which is hard when you are a single parent ad have no family in the area. I like like the customers because most of them are regular and being there for just over 2 months and still training mainly learning where cigarettes are kept – more... most of them are understanding. I am still looking for a full time job, or another part time one.. – less
7-eleven verrryyy busy
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 9, 2012
Pros: awesome gain of experience
Cons: long hours
As a employee at 7-eleven you had to be fast-paced. There were customers always coming in for any and everything. Especially if its located in the hospital area. How many people wouldn't come in there. I was able to meet customers and gain regular customers. After a while, I began to know immediately what was needed from which person. My co-workers – more... could have been better at trying, and if something wasn't understood, asking wouldn't have been bad either. – less
Burned after management training program
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 8, 2012
Cons: no breaks
I worked harder than any of the others in the management training program - cleaning and serving customers and got let go because of the inefficiences in the training program (computer based and boring as heck!). The training manager was a lazy so and so who did no training.
My advice - DON'T DO IT !! You can find a better job.
a typical day at work
Temporary Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Golden, BCMay 3, 2012
Pros: enjoying the meeting of different people
Cons: not being trained properly to run, operate a convenience store
A typical day was going to work and opening safe, balancing cash, making sure chicken was on time. what i learned is that one has to be properly trained to run a c-store. co-workers were ok, would have been better if i wasn't friends with them before i was asked to be a temporary store manager. the hardest part of this job, was that i feel i wasn't – more... trained properly to run and operate a convenience store. The most enjoyable part was the different people i met. – less
Great Management, typical convenience store
Sales Associate & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Maple Ridge, BCApril 25, 2012
Pros: extremely personable management, hours were flexible for the most part
Cons: very long hours
The people at this store were the best I've ever had the pleasure to work with. All of the management were extremely understanding and nice. I only left because the hours were slow and I was returning to school.
Recommended that you only stay with this job for a year or less and moving onto something else--
Sales Clerk/Customer Service (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 25, 2012
Pros: drinks are free, steady hours (32 to 40 on average), dental and other medical needs are available.
Cons: everything else
-- as a 23 year-old young adult, I can say that working at 7-Eleven was one of the worst work experiences I've ever had since graduating high-school in 2008.

A typical day would start off as either me showing up early in the morning... or late at night (Between the hours 10 p.m. and 11 p.m.) to a messy store, the staff member (Normally alone) would – more... be trying to clean up the store as best as possible... but given the nature of the night-shift... and working alone and over-tired, stuff that would normally take five minutes drags on to about half-an-hour or more and it might not get done at all.

The manager would show up and demand to know why those small thing haven't been finished, and the excuse "I didn't have enough time because it was busy tonight--" wasn't accepted. And I would receive a stern talking to and a Pink slip.

The management demanded near-perfection during inspections, and would only accept a rating of 90% or higher. anything below a 90 rating would result in a pink slip for a failed inspection.

The other staff members were also suffering from work related stress issues and many would just not want to show up and were either fired, or they quit on the spot.

Sadly... the most enjoyable part of working at 7-Eleven was "Quitting Time". And as I discovered after working at this one location for three years... the money itself wasn't even worth it in the long run. – less
Busy workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Orange, CAApril 17, 2014
Constantly on your feet being kept busy with normal day to day tasks.
Cashier (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 16, 2014
A typical day at work was ringing up customers I love all my customers I always made them smile or they always made me smile. I more communication skills and how to interact with all types of people.
productive
Sales Associate-Supervisor (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 16, 2014
great place. i enjoyed the products, the customers were lovely and very friendly
Fast paced
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Anderson, CAApril 15, 2014
Get to work clock in start working
Learned How to check ids run cashier
Co workers some were really nice other not
Hardest part was working around the owners younger son
Funniest part was to learn how to run the store working with the costumers

About 7-Eleven

"If convenience stores are open 24 hours, why the locks on their doors?" If anyone knows, it's 7-Eleven. The North American subsidiary – Read more