7-Eleven Employee Reviews in Canada

bigger origination
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 16, 2015
7 eleven is great company to work has plenty of benefits for employees.
in this origination co worker are helping with each other
some time helping each other by changing shifts
It was a fun place to work at. However, the treatment was not the greatest.
Cashier and Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 13, 2015
My ex-coworkers were a pleasure to work with! My employers were constantly changing so it was a bit difficult to get to know their expectations of me. My favorite part of my job was that I could interact with customers. Thus, allowing me to explore different aspects of my job.
Pros
Free Slurpees
Cons
Multiple hours on your feet
Very busy and productive . Fun with co-worker on nights.
Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCDecember 5, 2015
They really need to improve on the safety of their employees at night . The most enjoyable of my job is meeting new people . Being there to help them out , not just on what they need , but to listen to them. Working with the people I work with at night is the best. We work well as a team.
Pros
Medical/ Dental
Cons
Working weekends
Great company to work for
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 30, 2015
Great working with customers in store and in post office.
Was training for assistant manager position. Managed stock and ordering.
Learn how to cash out, balance and deposit.
Company was challenging and kept you on your feet .
Pros
Flexible with hours
Cons
Company did some restructuring and closed.
Fast-paced yet fun.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 23, 2015
Working at Gunn's Bakery was a learning experience. The owners cared about the employees and were willing to help improve work performance and give tips on increasing productivity.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
No cons.
Busy workplace
Certified Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCNovember 20, 2015
It's always busy. I learned how to deal with different kinds of customers. Some of my co-workers are great but some are lazy. Hardest part is when you deal with fuzzy customer.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lazy co-workers
10/10
Cashier, Stock, Food Attendant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCNovember 17, 2015
Ringing through sales, counting lottery and smokes, checking expiry dates, daily temperature check on foods, cleaning.
How to keep track of sales for ordering with a hand held machine.
Co-workers were friendly.
Having to count smokes and lottery while ringing through sales.
Free slurpee day
Pros
Frees slurpees and coffee
7-11
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABNovember 13, 2015
I love the people I worked, i just like how the employees were trained by the manager. they would hold a grudge if you didnt do something properly.
Pros
loved the staff
Cons
manager didnt treat us properly
Typical convenience store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCNovember 10, 2015
I worked with great, understanding manager. Better keep track of your work hours to cross check with paycheque. Due to its location inside the airport, pay is more than any other store and Female employees work worry free in graveyard shifts.
Pros
Security of the airport
Cons
Minimum wage
Fun at work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 6, 2015
Company deals in the retail sector of North America and caters to the diverse demographics when it comes to the customer base.
Nice work environment, enjoyable time with a bit stress sometimes once the store gets busy during the peck hours and there are no enough worker
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCNovember 2, 2015
I like working in 7-Elevn. It was enjoyable time I spent there. I would li work in 7 Elevn again if i get a chance but not in the same previous store.
I learned a few working steps that are basic and simple to anyone to learn.
Managment level I believe is weak.
co-worker mostly were good except a few people that un-qualify due to the lack of respectful knowledge on working filed.

Hardest part was dealing with drunk customers at night shift and cleaning the mass after some of them.
The most enjoyable part was dealing with smiley faces

Overall it was fun and good experience.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
short brakes
PRODUCTIVE OF BEING A CASHIER.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCNovember 2, 2015
ITS A CHALLENGING JOB DUE TO DIFFERENT PEOPLE YOU ENCOUNTER . ESPECIALLY IN TREM OF DEALING WITH THEM, BUT THIS THJE JOB THAT I CAN SAY IT MAKE ME ENJOY AND FUN ESPECIALLY WHEN THE CUSTOMERS APPRECIATE YOUR JOB.
Great place to learn
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCOctober 26, 2015
7 eleven is a great learning environment for new people starting off in a retail environment. The job is demanding at first, but managers and co workers help you a lot to improve multi tasking skill.
It was a great job
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKOctober 24, 2015
It was a great job with flexible hours. Management was okay and my fellow staff where great people who always had a big smile on their faces.
7 Eleven Market Office Assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MbOctober 22, 2015
This position was great full time hours, good pay and day shift. Great position to start wanting to work in an office field position. Benefits, life insurance. Working in a professional field, I really enjoyed this position, unfortunately it was a temporary position.
7 Eleven store was good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MbOctober 22, 2015
7 Eleven Store was flexible, a lot to learn which I enjoy learning. Always busy doing something which made time fly by. I'd go back and work my way up to manager.
I knew what I was doing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mackenzie, BCOctober 16, 2015
Everyday was pretty much the same routine. I would go into work, sign into the till to clock in. I would then help if there were a maximum of 4 customers in the other line. If there was no rush, I would be refilling fresh coffee, stocking shelves, and making food, for the grills, and food case. I learned the fundamentals of upselling here, and I was very good at it. We would also get assigned tasks on a task sheet which was difficult to get all done if the day was super busy. Management was alright. It wasn't so much the actual manager that didn't know how to manage it was the field consultant the higher up boss who made things difficult. The hardest part about this job was how understaffed we were for the 2 and a half years that I was there. There could only be 2 people on shift, but it was one of the busiest gas stations in Canada since it is the only gas station in a town of 5000 people. with people coming in and out at every minute of every hour it was hard to get tasks done. Sometimes if you weren't fast enough in a rush you would get yelled, or cursed at. I now know how to deal with flustered people in a professional matter. The most thing I enjoyed about this job was probably my co-workers. I was there for 2 and a half years and I knew what I was doing which made it a lot more fun for me since I was a senior staff member.
Pros
Part-time dental, reliable job
Cons
Long hours, Full time hours with part time benefits, Terrible Salary
Fun to work but hard to meet both ends with hourly rate they provide
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 13, 2015
A very unique place to work. Every time it is very busy. When Customers line up we have to take help from Co-worker. If Co-worker is working in Cooler at back we have to bring at front so that customers do not wait long for their purchase.
Pros
Interaction with different people
Cons
Minimum pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MbOctober 12, 2015
Good place to work but there is no future opportunity with the company. The training does not seem to be up to standards I am familiar with. Also not a very sage environment to work in. People are okay to work.
Pros
People
Cons
good
electranic billing,supervisor,store keeping (Former Employee) –  canadaOctober 6, 2015
I love to be one of the worker.i am fastest working situation.carrout the task to customer satisfaction plan to sale on the target basis