7-Eleven Employee Reviews

Long nights at Seven Eleven
Costumer service repersantative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2017
starting at 11 pm to 7 am so its good for me to work and have fun. moreover, management is very cooperative and I learned a basic customer service skills.
good employers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2017
7 Eleven Inc is very compassionate company! that pays good and gives right on job training and working opportunity to its employees according to their accomplishments!
Pros
right pay
workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON12 April 2017
fun and exciting to meet new people everyday. everyone i worked wit erywas kind and gave help when needed the company was very elpful with everything you needed.
Nights
Front Desk Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 April 2017
kept busy with deliveries
some confrontations with police
did not like working alone
some nights were good and some were very bad
dealing with theft, grab and runs
Easy going.
Alberta - Graveyard Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hinton, AB10 April 2017
Not much to be said. You do the 7/11 dues. Cash, sandwich, stock (sometimes), manage cigarettes and gambling goods. My hours were not the greatest, but that'd be my fault for going straight into Graveyard.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
N/a
Not very good
Night Shift Stocker (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON10 April 2017
It wasn't a very good place to work. The management didn't care if you were sick or dying they wanted you to come into work that day. My coworkers were great, just the management expected people to work like robots.
Typical job to make money on the side at
Certified Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 April 2017
day at work: Head in and punch in, take care of guests at the front and deal with food service as well. Cleaning, stocking, and general store managment were all part of the daily routine.

What I learned: nothing new

Managment:Did not treat workers well or with any kindness

Hardest part: lack of training made for some situations to be harder to deal with then they actually were

Most enjoyable part: free drinks as well as having some nice customers here and there
Pros
free drinks
Cons
unfit managment
great workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2017
Wonderfull workplace. Great training provided and lots of room for advancement within the company. great pay and benefits provided.
I worked with wonderful staff members and management.
Asking employees too many tasks
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 April 2017
Employees are required to do multitask. For what they are paying for this job. They are asking employees a bit too much. Although it comes with benefits, the pays extremely low for what we do. And not so much raise.
Pros
Each task is really easy
Cons
Low pay, no raise.
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB4 April 2017
It's been a while since ive worked here, but it was a great place to work and im sure still is! They have great wages along with benefits! Good for any type of person as they are 24hours!
It is a fun place to work and learn.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 April 2017
The company is a great place to work. The most enjoying part of the job is meeting people of all races, cultures and different economic background. The workplace culture is friendly. The management team is awesome. The hardest part of the job is understanding customers' accents.
Great Way to Gain Skills
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC1 April 2017
Good job , furthering skills needed to work with the public. Nice manager and fellow employees. Cashiering and all other related work here give you a good base, which can lead to higher positions.
Fun workplace with customers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2017
I worked at night shift. Learnt how to organized. Management was good. Working night shift was the hardest part of the job. Organizing was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free all hot drinks.
Cons
Night Shift
Overworked/Under Paid
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 March 2017
A topical day consists of 4 or 5am start, if the staff show up for their shifts your done by 3pm. That being said getting everything done that is expected is impossible, you are running a gas station, a restaurant, and a convenience store all at the same store.. If staff doesn't show up your doing their jobs as well as your own and it can snowball very quickly. You cannot have enough staff to prevent this so be prepared to put in countless hrs making your "Salery" worth about 5c an hr by the end.
If you decide this is a challenge your willing to take on. Good Luck you'll need it.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Possible 24 hr work days
fast paced environment with pleanty t do
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB28 March 2017
interacting with the customers and being able to get immediate customer feedback from customers and employer, the probability of advancement within the 7 Eleven corporate srtucture
Pros
non stop beverages and sampling new products
Cons
breaks being few and far between
a manager that is not trustworthy
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 March 2017
A typical day at work is that you go in your shift logged in and then your day starts. You either count all the back stocks for 2 consecutive days, or make fresh food the entire day, put stocks out as the products gets consumed really fast and or by order stocks for your entire shift. I learned in this job that the whole management needs to work together so that our work flow will be fun and manageable for our entire day and not just half of the team works and the rest just stand there and make others work. The first managements that I have was really fun to worked with and I enjoyed going to work every single time but when the team got switched up everyone just doesn't cooperate as they are anymore. The culture in 7-eleven is really diverse. The hardest part of the job maybe is that our life can be actually on the line as a lot of robberies often to happen in the work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you meet interesting people and gain some knowledge in them.
Pros
Customer that appreciate you
Cons
management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC22 March 2017
A typical day kept me busy and made the day go by fast.
I loved seeing new faces as well as the returning customers we had everyday.
Management was amazing! very understanding of me as I was currently 6 months pregnant when they hired me.
I enjoyed the fast paced day. I worked hard to show that just because I was pregnant does not mean I was unable to work full days, full time and I can work just as hard as everyone else. Pregnancy was not a crutch for me.
Hardest part of the job was finding all the specific tobacco brands as I was not a smoker.
Best part was feeling like family when I went to work everyday.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
rude or unsettling customers late at night.
Boring and lots of work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC21 March 2017
The work here is way too much and you personally have to do a lot and they hardly appreciate their employees, only My Manager is the only person who takes care of her staff no matter what her superior says. Job isn't hard but not easy as well.
productive and effective workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2017
Good opportunities to deal with customers.
I have learned how to do multitasking and to manage the overall store. overall a good place to work and improve
Pros
good franchise
Cons
work alone during peak hours
nice place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 March 2017
lots of hours, hard working staff and management while i worked there was construction place was slow. not a bad thing.. got a heat wave could not keep up with slurpees
Pros
free slurpees while you work
Cons
spent my summer working

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 7-Eleven. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval