7-Eleven Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 July 2016
Working at 7 eleven was great, learned a lot on how to operate the store. Get along well with my co-workers. I always consider change as a challenge at work and I enjoy serving customers.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Sometimes, long hours
Hard work little reward
Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2016
I'm always working and get little back for my efforts. Leaders are often over looked for promotions and are really beat down. We are never rewarded for the time we give to the company.
Pros
slurpees
Cons
no breaks
Worst place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 September 2016
Forced to do night shiftsss....not at all adjusting management...worst place to work!! Very bad management....u have to do alot of work extra
Pros
Cons
Long hours, forced work, night shifts alone
Very busy environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB27 May 2016
We have a lot of customers that come in for food, gas and other items. We work in a team based environment. A lot of standing, I sometimes feel like my coworkers think they can slack off and that others will pick up the slack. The wage also makes it difficult to pay bills.
Pros
Made some friends
Cons
Low wage, no benefits
Co-Workers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK25 June 2016
My Co-workers at this job had been he best. They have all been very helpful and responsible people. The hard part of Job was dealing with the customers who are not good verbally with the employees.
Pros
Variety of work
Cons
Sometimes it gets hard to satisfay the customers
staying on top of all duties
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK25 May 2016
assisting customers with cashier duties, food preparation. Store cleanliness a major asset. Learned how to run a business in high stress situations involving high clientele. Security tactics in dealing with the public. Most enjoyable part was regular customer appreciation.
Pros
work morale
Cons
wages
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Port Colborne, ON14 April 2016
I came into work, clocked in, counted my cash, and started the shift. Made sure food was properly up to code, and threw out and wrote off any food items that were not good anymore. Manager would leave a note of side jobs for you to do during your shift and itd be completed by the time your shift comes to an end. At the end of my shift, I count my til off, clean the area surrounding you, and make sure all food is up to date before you were to leave your shift.
Terrible and unfair workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2016
Very racially segregated company. No support from management for advancement. Salary is terrible. Complained to HR several times about the company and got no feedback.
fun place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC10 October 2016
attractive communication skills and awesome fun place working with this company.. staff are really helpfull and cooperative and work dedicate to achieve there targers
Great atmosphere
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 September 2016
7 Eleven is a great company if you are willing to put in the effort to advance in the company. You can quickly go from sales associate to assistant manager.
Worst job for students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2016
This job was one of the worst decisions I have made, but I was desperate so I had no choice. Hours are long, sometimes with no breaks. you also have to work night shifts alone.
Pros
free food
Cons
People who strive to have excellent customer service
Cashier/ Cook (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK28 March 2016
A typical day was meeting and greeting customers with a smile and assist them when asked.
What I learned was everyday is a new day and things can happen at any moment and you just have to roll with the punch's and act calm in bad situations.
My co-workers where great and I love them like family because they where they experienced the same things as I did and can relate to me none of my friends could.
The hardest part about this job was always smiling and saying hello to everyone who came in the door.
I enjoyed meeting new people and assisting them with purchases creating a smile on their faces when they look like they had a bad day.
Pros
Free slurpee's
Cons
Theives
Productive Workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (FULL TIME/PART TIME) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2016
Typical day at work. Help/Assist customers daily for their various needs. Food, Coffee, Snacks, Desserts and Beverage are some of the variety available at the store.
Pros
Good workplace
Enjoyable while working with Customers & Staff members
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 May 2016
Over the coarse of 14 months, I did trade my ``time over money``,
I worked all 3 shifts. The morning, evening, and dreadful nights. I most enjoyed all the fast paced enviroment, it had myself busy to finsih shift work.
There was career advancement if one wished to advance. Training was helpful.
Hardest part of the job was trading time for money, rude and intoxicated customers. Few robberys were scary.
A typical day at work was, help serve customers, lotto max and lotta 649 every wednesday. thursdays, and saturdays. Counting merchandise before the next shift goes on. Writing and recording temperature logs in many of the machines you use. Prep Cooking. Cleaning the store when you get free time.
Coworkers were always enjoyable, being friendly was never an issue for myself in the job. Management was friendly too.
Pros
Free Drinks, iced coffe, coffee, slurpee. Friendly customers
Cons
Never ending cleaning, Intoxicated indiviuals
Productive and fun work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB15 May 2016
I worked all 3 shifts. The morning, evening, and nights. I most enjoyed all the fast paced environment have yourself busy until the shift ends. But mostly I worked during the night to supervise cleaning and prepare the store for the next day operation. Hardest part of the job was trading time for money, rude and intoxicated customers and the thought of robbery anytime.

A typical day at work was, I came into work, clocked in, counted my cash, and started the shift. Made sure food was properly up to code, and threw out and wrote off any food items that were not good anymore. Help serve customers in an efficient and friendly way. Counting merchandise before the next shift goes on. Writing and recording temperature logs in many of the machines you use. Make CDC, Wallace and Carey order. Prep Cooking. Cleaning the store when you get free time. Co-workers were always enjoyable, being friendly was never an issue for myself in the job.
Pros
Overtime Pay
Cons
Long Hours
overall, it was good working @ 7-11
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 June 2016
Seven-Eleven is very near our place. I had good hours at eight hours a day. I had very good relations with the customers and with my peers.
Pros
free drinks/coffee
Cons
sometimes asked to work grave yard shift
Fast Paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB11 November 2016
Fast Paced, cleaning, serving, stocking, gas, lotto, ordering, presentable, polite, direct customer interaction, team environment
Great work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 October 2016
I really enjoy who I work with and the management is amazing . I'm just not getting enough hours, I would really like full time
Customer service
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 March 2016
A typical day at work included customer service, ordering ,inventory, cashier, vendor deliveries, cash handling, banking, payroll, inventory management
Operated and in charge of store in managers absence
I had a great working relationship with fellow co workers and manager I always lead by example
The hardest part of the job was work life balance
great to be able to learn all the skills I gained from that job.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Prince Rupert, BC31 May 2016
I learned so much computer skills and management qualitites.Machine maintence was learnt. cashing out capablitlty was taught very well.
Pros
hours were very good
Cons
Nothing was free