7-Eleven
2,062 reviews

7-Eleven Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 21, 2014
Great and energetic place to work and excellent opportunity to grow.
Great chance to meet people from various backgrounds.
Learn new skills and meet challenging timelines.
Will feel being a part of a growing company that considers their employees as their asset.
New experience
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKNovember 20, 2014
I am working in all shifts 24X7 and learned new experience eg: Sales, Service and Customers satisfactions etc.
I am working normally in all situations.
and i am working friendly with my team.
Productive and fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 19, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: some long hours
I became assistant manager after one year. I caught on to all manager tasks fast. I loved working with the public and with numbers.
This simply was The Best Job I have ever had!
Full time store clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, AB.November 11, 2014
Right? 7-Eleven! I don't know if it was the staff or the standard we were held to as employees there, but this job was phenomenal.
Great place to work, however
Cashier/Gas Attendant (Former Employee), Hinton, ABNovember 11, 2014
I enjoyed working for my manager, but the staff was ridiculous. Some of which thought they were somewhat of an authority figure and would say, and demand rude requests.
A fun job you need work ethic to do well and enjoy, is tough at times
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Nelson, BCNovember 1, 2014
Pros: free hot chocolate/slurpie/coffee up to one cup of either, flexible hours, nice co-workers and managers, there's never nothing to do; always something to do, you get an excuse to talk to random strangers, you're never alone on holidays, which are the worst
Cons: no breaks if there's customers in the store and you're the only one in, it can get hectic and fairly stressful, sometimes someone may be in the backroom and you may be all alone most of the time, holidays are the worst like all other stores.
Typical days at this job, you're juggling multiple tasks at once.
You're often refilling slurpie and coffee cups, making sure the roller grills are stocked with the right numbers of different kinds of hotdogs and smokies, while making sure they stay fresh, and tending to customers who are buying products or asking to get filled up at a pump for a certain amount.
All at the same time, i feel like it's – more... worthy of mention, you're multi-tasking all these, and even after those, there's keeping the store floor clean, all the products fronted and faced, making sure the windows are cleaned, and even keeping hot chocolate and coffee machines clean and filled, even making sure the bathrooms are cleaned aswell.
At the end of shift, there's counting the money, putting about 80-95% of it away for storing, save for coins, only bills, making sure to put all 50s away and every 5 20s away.
If there's nothing to do, you're checking everything to make sure it's all good, clean, fresh and stocked. There's always something to do, you're never bored and I love it.

I personally have learned that there's always something to do, how to properly clean windows, coffee trays/machines, making coffee, how to operate store computers such as the till's touch screen interfaces, authorizing gas pumps, I've even learned more about foodsafe while doing the online training at work.
Everything I did above, I can do nowadays.

The Managers were very nice and sociable, the interview for the job wasn't stressful or anxiety-inducing, they did a good job of making sure I didn't feel like it was an interrogation, which made me excited for the job. They were always on top of things and doing something when at work.

My co-workers were also fairly nice, a couple were a bit bossy at times, but that's guaranteed if you're in training after all. nobody really hung me out to dry during my training period which was very nice, and for the most part they taught me well in how to do everything, though not well enough to keep the job after the training period. But I know that I can be welcomed back with more experience under my belt so it's all good either way.

The Hardest Part of the job would have to be serving the food while completing transactions for people, while others need gas and are already inside, only once have I ever actually screwed up on the job however, which was at that specific time, I handled it fairly well, save for when afterwards I started having a panic attack and had to take a 5 minute break.
It's the time where multiple people who all need different things comes in, when the job reaches the biggest point of difficulty.

The part I loved most about working at 7-Eleven, would be any time I would be fronting and facing products and just organizing things, I'm very good at it after all, one easily enjoys what they're good at usually.
Other than that, it would be whenever i get to talk to people, since as a cashier you're also a greeter, but kinda have to greet others, even while multi-tasking. – less
Fun and Flexable
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 22, 2014
Pros: the coworkers were great
Cons: not much room to advance, its always put off.
The hours were flexible and the people were fun to work with. Teamwork was an every day thing and was used to maximum effect. Management was good with controlling the flow of tasks and keeping things going smooth.
People were nice but working at 7eleven feels like working at 7eleven.
Clerk (Former Employee), Burlington, ONOctober 21, 2014
Time flows slowly when you are not busy at 7eleven. The management did their best to provide a good working atmosphere but it is very hard to stay motivated in such a boring, monotonous job. The work is easy so the hardest part of the day is forcing yourself to show up for your shift.
It was a fun working place, the other employees were so much fun to work with.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 14, 2014
Pros: free fountain pop, coffee, slurpees, you were able to have the write offs.
Cons: you might end up working with someone you don't like. sometimes no breaks(washroom breaks of course)
A typical day at work, come in/ clock in,once completed, see what food had to be made, if the garbage needed to be changed inside and out, check and see what needed to be stocked up e.g., Slurpee cups, coffee cup, straws, lids, cheese and salsa for the nachos. etc...

I learned that it can be a quick pace place where you are on your feet all day non-stop. I learned how to complete write offs when food – more... is out dated,has been cooked for to long, or when other items are ready to be thrown out, how to do ordering when we are almost out of items.

Co-workers at this job is like any job sometimes you get amazing ones sometimes you don't. My co-workers some where so much fun to work with the others not so much, some you come close with because your working with them all the time and others you don't really get to know. The ones I got to know they were so much fun I don't remember a day that I wasn't laughing or smiling.

The hardest part of the job was getting to know how to do the ordering and the write offs. Its like any other job unless u know something then its going to take a little while to get to know the gadgets. Once you get to know everything if its a week, 2, 3 however long once you know its easy.

Most enjoyable part would have to be the customers, and employees. everyday when you walk in if your ever having a bad day at home your co-workers or customers will sure lighten up your day, with either a joke something that happened that day or just because you became close friends with them. – less
poor training, horrible work atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee), Vernon, BCOctober 10, 2014
Pros: had a few staff members that were easy and fun to work with
Cons: poor unhappy work enviroment
staff had very poor training or little to none.. work was never being done properly or done at all, 3 good employees had to pick up all the slackers, i came into work one day and everything in the freezer was dumped into one pile on the floor! could not take it anymore so looked for better employment
first job in canada
Certified Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee), surrey,bcOctober 6, 2014
Pros: salary on time
Cons: long hours
Patrol the premises and adjacent areas
Investigate and report any suspicious activity
Take necessary action on spot when needed
good job experience and its a easy job to do
Sales Associate (P/T) (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 5, 2014
my shift is overnight shift, I usually spend half of my shift to do the ordering and re-organizing the merchandises and also need to the cleaning for the next day operation
nice workplace
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lloydminster, SKSeptember 5, 2014
its nice place good co workers i enjoy my work i like my job love what im doing everyday i learned a lot in 7-11 before im too shy person but not anymore..
Fast paced enviroment
Overnight Sales Associate (Former Employee), Strathroy, ONSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: got to work midnight shifts
Cons: store closed
1.Sell gas and food/drink products to customers.
2.People will pay anything for the gas they need.
3.Management was fair and responsible.
4.Coworkers where wonderful.
5.Dealing with drunks
6.Working midnights
Great work environment
Senior Sales Associate/Assistant Manager Trainee (Current Employee), Burlington, ONAugust 26, 2014
Working with 7-Eleven taught me how to handle upset customers, how to deal with shortages, ordering as well as some management training. My co-workers were all great to work with, everyone was hard working and we did our best to work as a team to achieve the goals set out for us. I learned how to complete some assistant manager tasks, such as paperwork, deposits, scheduling, interviewing and productive counselling of other employees. I absolutely loved the regulars that came into the store. That was my favourite part, to see devoted customers come in every single day.
fun w/ my co workers
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto OntarioAugust 16, 2014
learned a good communication to others especially to the costumer management are very good
Good Job for Starter/Beginner
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 5, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: working hours
Not a "FOR GOOD" Job.

Multitasking, doing paperwork and serving customers at the same time. The hardest part of this job is when you are working alone. What if you need to no.1 and no.2? what if you encounter some problems and you cannot resolve it alone?
Same regular work duties
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 4, 2014
Pros: nothing is free, we pay same as customers
Cons: more work and very less pay
Well i worked with the company for 9 months before i came to Edmonton. I felt the work load was very high and the pay was quite less. The managers saved on labour to making their own money and thus the work load would be more on one person. It is ok for one who is new to canada and want to work in and get canadian experience. Other than that i dont feel it worth to work there.
Evenly productive and fun
Assisting AT&T users (Current Employee), Ortigas, PhilippinesJuly 24, 2014
Pros: amenities
Cons: can't think of any
It was fun working on a place where you are really at home. When you feel comfortable with your workmates.
It was an awesome place to work with the diveerse of different people every day
Cashier (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCJuly 9, 2014
the main goal was to make sure the customers would be happy
it would start with cash do our daily chores in between customers

to make sure the customers were satisfied
my management and co workers were awesome
the hardest part was dealing with angry and Intoxicated customers

the most enjoyable time was talking to customers

About 7-Eleven

Use your experience to build a career with the world’s #1 convenience store. The 7-Eleven brand is iconic, known and loved – Read more