7-Eleven Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun work with broken promises
Sr. Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 14, 2016
The job is very fun and so much opportunity to learn more. Many times I have had promises broken.

Besides that the coworkers are fun and the customers are fun to get to know. The possibility of robbery can be scary but it's not so bad if you follow rules.
Pros
varying shifts, shift work
Cons
robberies, lots of call-ins
many homeless people i do not feel safe.
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BCMarch 31, 2016
ring in items, general cleaning, stocking of products, making coffee, heating food. I haven't really learned anything. Co-workers complain about whether store is clean or not all the time. If the store is dirty after I leave it doesn't mean I didn't do my job...
Productive and provides slurpees on shift
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SKJune 21, 2016
My typical day at work at 7-Eleven would be filling the lottery up front ,counting cartons and "The Singles" cigarettes while running the till. Occasionally I would walk around the store keep it clean and organized, wash windows and doors as well as sweep and mop. I would cook pizza and make pizza boxes for full orders. I also cooked things like "mini tacos", mini churros, wings, meatball kabobs, I also baked cookies on the morning shifts. Before and after every shift we would "cashout our till", I would count the safe and the money left in my cash register and I would do all the math from cashout and counting cigarettes as well as cartons and the lottery records. I got along with most of my co - workers, some of them didn't take me as seriously as others because of my age. I felt discriminated and a lot of gossiping was happening and every shift two clerks were running till and almost every shift one employee would not fully do their job or slack. Hardest part about my job was training new employees and running till alone with a lineup to the other end of the store. Being left alone on till with 30 customers is challenging but every time I managed to deal with it and keep up. Occasionally I would receive complements from customers about my great hard working customer service. The most enjoyable part about that job was seeing so many familiar faces come through the door and running the till.
Pros
Free Slurpees on shift only
Cons
No discounts
it is a okay work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Colborne, ONFebruary 18, 2016
This job is not the best work place. The other workers and management are very good at working but they do not work as a team and are not always nice to each other
Productive, motivated, fast paced environment
Sr. Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 15, 2016
Daily store operation
Staff belive in Team work
It’s pretty challenging. Good place for training and performance
Management is good supportive, friendly co-workers
fun environment to work in
Certified sales associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCJanuary 22, 2016
was great to work there but the management was terrible
never had cover for shifts if someone fell ill or had an emergency
Pros
free soda and slurpees
Cons
bad management and no coverage for shifts ever
Exciting and Fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 7, 2016
I have learned how to deal with people. Its very busy everyday at work because I have to deal with the customers and I also have to finish my task assignments.
Pros
not boring
Cons
cant take a break
nice place to work and meet new people
Customer Service Representative/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 10, 2016
i learn proper customer service from this job. I also learn about team work. This place helped me to think about future plan.
Pros
30 min paid break
Cons
tough to work in cooler for long time
Poor management
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCJuly 18, 2016
Hours were terrible and boss was unwilling to work with my schedule even when i was hired i explained my limitations. would not work there again with that management
Best for initial Job
CERTIFIED ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
gas station is fast physical active job that i like, car wash is also a one of the very good earning that i concentrate. i maintained full shelf merchandise with new products.
Too much work load
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 27, 2016
My this job is ok. why because too much work load on one person.but my co workers are very nice and helpful. same thing again every day i meet different peoples.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
enough hours
enjoyed job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 13, 2016
enjoyed job with variety of staff and customers. only left because over night shifts became a problem with family at the time so i changed to a day job
was a nice job and lots of free drinks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, ABJuly 6, 2016
the staff was all friendle and i got to meet alote of new people and build lots of customer skills i also learned how to be a cashier
fun with happy customers
Night shift assissant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 12, 2016
busy, co-workers great funny and able to keep the night going fast knowing we made it another safe night. I learned a lot about becoming an assistant manager. I enjoyed getting to the customers
bust your butt for little return
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victoria BCApril 22, 2014
what can you say. minimum wage when i worked for them, no benifits, no job security and worked HARD each day. the only positive side working with 7-11 was the management was awesome. this was a group that would back its employees up and supported their judgement calls nearly all the time.

be prepared to stand for LONG periods of time at the counter but i must say i always loved restocking the fridge during the summer. if they paid equivalent to the work involved with the job this place would be great, but unfortunately life isnt that fair. good job for when you are in school or just out and need experience but not if you are looking for a career.
Pros
great management
Cons
low pay and hard hours
hardworking and enjoyable
Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 7, 2016
The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult clients when asking for their identification to purchase certain items.
Pros
free drinks, benefits
Cons
long hours, not enough pay
Challenging
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCJune 20, 2016
It was a good experience, I had the chance to prove myself but Health Care was always something in the back on my mind so I switch carreer.
Nice work environment, enjoyable time with a bit stress sometimes once the store gets busy during the peck hours and there are no enough worker
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCNovember 2, 2015
I like working in 7-Elevn. It was enjoyable time I spent there. I would li work in 7 Elevn again if i get a chance but not in the same previous store.
I learned a few working steps that are basic and simple to anyone to learn.
Managment level I believe is weak.
co-worker mostly were good except a few people that un-qualify due to the lack of respectful knowledge on working filed.

Hardest part was dealing with drunk customers at night shift and cleaning the mass after some of them.
The most enjoyable part was dealing with smiley faces

Overall it was fun and good experience.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
short brakes
fun
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ONMay 29, 2016
great place to work and great learning enviorment along with great management. We alway got everything done including extra stuff
flexible job with room for advancement
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Camrose, ABJune 24, 2014
When fully staffed and things are going smoothly very flexible hours to accommodate the staff. There is plenty of room for advancement for employees willing to learn and many aspects to the job to keep from being bored at work.
Most of the staff are very flexible and helpful. They try their best to be helpful and put new employees at ease with a willingness to answer any questions. For the most part cheery staff who make a fun yet productive work day. The customers are incredible.
The hardest part of the job is covering for the less reliable employees which the company is working on
Pros
flexible shifts, medical benefits
Cons
open 24 hrs 365 days a year so must work christmas day as it is a very busy day