7-Eleven Employee Reviews in Canada

Great place to work!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKFebruary 4, 2016
Great place to work, and lots of room for advancement. Fun working environment! lots of overtime if short staff. lots of friendly people.
Pros
great benefits!
Cons
lots of turnover
Make food
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2016
I learn how to make food,I learn how to work independently. I also learn how to make food and finish on time. The co-workers are really nice and love me. The hardest part was to clean but I always successful.
fun environment to work in
Certified sales associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCJanuary 22, 2016
was great to work there but the management was terrible
never had cover for shifts if someone fell ill or had an emergency
Pros
free soda and slurpees
Cons
bad management and no coverage for shifts ever
good company with high expectations
Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 17, 2016
7 Eleven offered me a great opportunity to advance. I love the customer base and the good products offered. This was a great Job for me but it is now taking over my life as it is a 24/7 company so my home work life is very unbalanced.
Pros
great benefiets
Cons
24 hrs a day for low pay
Good job sercurity and guaranteed hours.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 13, 2016
Each day was comforting to stick to a certain routine and completing before the shift was over.

I learned how to process payroll and learned the ordering process of each section of the store for weekly stocking.

Management were very compliant and helpful when learning new skills and processing new tasks.

My fellow co-workers were mostly helpful when help was required.

The hardest part of the job, was leaving to engage back into school for Academic Upgrading, but that decision was well worth it.

The most enjoyable part of the job was engaging in the seasonal sales display it let me expand my imaginations with each display.
Pros
Free meals.
Cons
The bus schedule in the winter was very unpredictable.
fun
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 12, 2016
fun to work with customer but hard to work nightshift because you will have to interact with mostly drunk, on drugs high customers, theft and many others. must follow the company rules if those incidence were happen.
Cons
roberry danger
Easy place to work; not very fun.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 11, 2016
What do I even say about this place? The term "slave labor" comes to mind when I think about all of the stuff I did as per the managers request, but for no purpose. I was playing the role of managerial god and in the end I was just a puppet. Let me break this down:

I'd go into work for my 2-10, I'd clock in at the back, I'd walk out to droning coworkers who were only happy to see me because I was relieving them of their duties and that was that. I'd stand at the front for the first 20-30 minutes of a shift, ring people through, help them with anything they needed and that was that. From there I'd be changing garbage, sweeping/mopping the floor, changing out coffee, cleaning up spills and messes throughout the workplace, managing merchandise facing, appropriation and overall display (for the sake of making it harder for people to steal without us noticing), restocking and arranging the vault and at the end of the night... dreaded cash out. It was, suffice it to say, an incredibly easy job (if not grueling to do) and it paid enough with the forty-hours a week it was giving me to make ends meet for the time being.

Now while it doesn't sound so bad, here's the part you haven't heard yet: the manager was not a nice fellow, and he was out to get you - all of you. The issue is that our manager was fairly biased in that he didn't like anyone who wasn't Filipino - like him - and so the color of your skin and the nature of your heritage was a big thing. What could you do about it? Nothing. What did it result in? For me, it resulted in absolutely RIDICULOUS messes in the vault;
  more... a scattering of plastic, cardboard and things being misplaced, broken or opened. It was unpleasant, it was unfair and it took up the better half of my time in the vault trying to arrange things and restock them as the day would drag on- which would lead to him yelling at me because I took so long in the vault and had to shirk some of my other duties until it was finished... because then, if I didn't finish it he would yell at me for that and I even got written up for it. What do you do when you can't win?

Something I learned at this job, just like the one that came before it, was how to deal with difficult individuals who aren't at all happy to see you, be near you or even speak to you. There's a special kind of ignorance that breeds in people who are miserable, and unfortunately it's just something you have to accept. At the end of the day, I've taken it upon myself to try and make others in the workplace - be it friend, foe or stranger - happier for what and who they are, where they are and why they're doing whatever it is they're doing. It's a skill I've obtained in the time I've had to cope with all of the buzz regarding a myriad different issues wherein someone is a jerk, usually me even if I'm not.

My coworkers were lazy for the most part, uninspired and not totally willing to fulfill their job duties. I can only speak for one whom went above what I even did. She may as well have been the manager, because she dealt with every single little problem, she did payroll, she did item counts, she dealt with customer disputes, she did it ALL. She was the one coworker I enjoyed working with because she was: fun to be around, agreeable, a little obnoxious but in a good way, hardworking and overall made my life easier. She was the type of coworker you could confide in, lean on or depend upon for anything. A truly admirable worker, and I always aspired to do better and be more to the standard which she held for herself.

In the end, I think that about sums up the experience I had there and what I would say in regards to reviewing it. It's not a nice place, it's not great work... but it is easy, even if easy is relative.
Pros
Free food (in the form of write-offs), easy job to do, can be fun depending on who you're with.
Cons
Shift work, non-negotiable hours, no pay raises (management), disrespectful head staff.
It was a fun job!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 16, 2015
It was a good cashier job. Lots of customer service interaction.
Very busy fast paced.
It was a good 8 hour shift.
Fresh food.
Fresh Coffee
Lottery
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Very busy
bigger origination
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 16, 2015
7 eleven is great company to work has plenty of benefits for employees.
in this origination co worker are helping with each other
some time helping each other by changing shifts
It was a fun place to work at. However, the treatment was not the greatest.
Cashier and Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 13, 2015
My ex-coworkers were a pleasure to work with! My employers were constantly changing so it was a bit difficult to get to know their expectations of me. My favorite part of my job was that I could interact with customers. Thus, allowing me to explore different aspects of my job.
Pros
Free Slurpees
Cons
Multiple hours on your feet
Very busy and productive . Fun with co-worker on nights.
Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCDecember 5, 2015
They really need to improve on the safety of their employees at night . The most enjoyable of my job is meeting new people . Being there to help them out , not just on what they need , but to listen to them. Working with the people I work with at night is the best. We work well as a team.
Pros
Medical/ Dental
Cons
Working weekends
Great company to work for
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 30, 2015
Great working with customers in store and in post office.
Was training for assistant manager position. Managed stock and ordering.
Learn how to cash out, balance and deposit.
Company was challenging and kept you on your feet .
Pros
Flexible with hours
Cons
Company did some restructuring and closed.
Fast-paced yet fun.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 23, 2015
Working at Gunn's Bakery was a learning experience. The owners cared about the employees and were willing to help improve work performance and give tips on increasing productivity.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
No cons.
Busy workplace
Certified Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCNovember 20, 2015
It's always busy. I learned how to deal with different kinds of customers. Some of my co-workers are great but some are lazy. Hardest part is when you deal with fuzzy customer.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lazy co-workers
10/10
Cashier, Stock, Food Attendant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCNovember 17, 2015
Ringing through sales, counting lottery and smokes, checking expiry dates, daily temperature check on foods, cleaning.
How to keep track of sales for ordering with a hand held machine.
Co-workers were friendly.
Having to count smokes and lottery while ringing through sales.
Free slurpee day
Pros
Frees slurpees and coffee
7-11
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABNovember 13, 2015
I love the people I worked, i just like how the employees were trained by the manager. they would hold a grudge if you didnt do something properly.
Pros
loved the staff
Cons
manager didnt treat us properly
Typical convenience store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCNovember 10, 2015
I worked with great, understanding manager. Better keep track of your work hours to cross check with paycheque. Due to its location inside the airport, pay is more than any other store and Female employees work worry free in graveyard shifts.
Pros
Security of the airport
Cons
Minimum wage
Fun at work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 6, 2015
Company deals in the retail sector of North America and caters to the diverse demographics when it comes to the customer base.
Nice work environment, enjoyable time with a bit stress sometimes once the store gets busy during the peck hours and there are no enough worker
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCNovember 2, 2015
I like working in 7-Elevn. It was enjoyable time I spent there. I would li work in 7 Elevn again if i get a chance but not in the same previous store.
I learned a few working steps that are basic and simple to anyone to learn.
Managment level I believe is weak.
co-worker mostly were good except a few people that un-qualify due to the lack of respectful knowledge on working filed.

Hardest part was dealing with drunk customers at night shift and cleaning the mass after some of them.
The most enjoyable part was dealing with smiley faces

Overall it was fun and good experience.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
short brakes
PRODUCTIVE OF BEING A CASHIER.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCNovember 2, 2015
ITS A CHALLENGING JOB DUE TO DIFFERENT PEOPLE YOU ENCOUNTER . ESPECIALLY IN TREM OF DEALING WITH THEM, BUT THIS THJE JOB THAT I CAN SAY IT MAKE ME ENJOY AND FUN ESPECIALLY WHEN THE CUSTOMERS APPRECIATE YOUR JOB.