7-Eleven Employee Reviews

Terrible and unfair workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2016
Very racially segregated company. No support from management for advancement. Salary is terrible. Complained to HR several times about the company and got no feedback.
It was a job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB3 September 2016
I worked the cashier and spent time cleaning up and cooking good when we had no customers. It was a decent job, but paid horribly, the hours were harsh, and was in a really dangerous neighbourhood with junkies coming in every night. So, when I saved up some money, I gave my two weeks and took some time off to study.
Pros
Plenty of hours, good co-workers, good learning experience
Cons
Minimal benefits, poor pay, horrible neighbourhood
Very decent place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MB27 August 2016
Decent at the start, but slowly turned worse. Started with good hours, but then was dropped; and forced to work nights mostly alone whilst robberies were becoming more common. I loved working when i started, but slowly turned away from it due to physical and emotional problems, and added stress of not fulfilling a decent salary quota for my living. Typical days where to get to work an hour early, help previous shift clean up and prep for my shift, count tills before starting, punch in, serve customers, clean after bad customers, get berated by drunks and rude customers, fear that at any moment i'd get robbed, find out that there were shoplifters, clean, prep food, clean, be bored, and find opened food and drink hidden away in cooler.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, friendly taxi drivers as customers.
Cons
Drunks, Unsafe, Felt unwanted as an employee, Eating expired food is theft and grounds for forced leave.
nice and compensable job
FULLTIME SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  philippines23 August 2016
7eleven is a very good company. they give you a full benefits and compensation. management and co workers are friendly and reliable. sometimes working on this 24 hours convenience store is scary because of roberry.
Pros
free foods
overall rating
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK23 August 2016
11 to 7am night shift is difficult but i love working just because of the satisfaction as a team.In work you must need to be patience and giving 100% productivity
The hardest part in job is you did everything but sometimes the manager not satisfied.the most enjoyable in job is when your manager congratulate us for very awesome job guys.
Hard work little reward
Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2016
I'm always working and get little back for my efforts. Leaders are often over looked for promotions and are really beat down. We are never rewarded for the time we give to the company.
Pros
slurpees
Cons
no breaks
learning experience
Retail clerk, Canada post (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 August 2016
i have learnt great from there....juliet is a great guide....working there really upgrade my skills.i love working there.
More reason not to work, then to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 August 2016
Company have the worst field consultants you could ever be supervised by along with the worst trainer in edmonton. Field consultant will discipline you by writing you down even if you end up working 15 hours daily & cant fulfill all the responsibility for the day or week, even if you have to work double shift, just because your employee chose to not show up without warning or even simply quit because of overdemanding field consultants. I clearly remember the guy who hired me & put me in my store in training store with messed up smoke counts & cash variance, which i fixed rather then appreciation after taking extra hours of my personal time, was told by him thats lack of my ability to be not able to do within 8 hours. That was first quarter then i got my own store in 2nd. shortage in staff in the first month end, with way big cash shortage, employes quit because they were people of other fields just wanted to work for temporary & quit as they found new jobs, person who hired didn't even bother to think before hiring, as the store have high staff rotation. In 2015 nearby mid aug, my boss took transfer from my stressful location & then the regional manager was rumoured to be fired. The guy who came in place of the old regional manager is & at that time was the worst person you could ever imagine to work under, after him joining, things steered up more bad. As he insult you then to give you support or asking if anything required. My field consultant mention he is just a not the right person , so be prepared if he show up someday for a random visit. Made us change the planogram  more... three times in one week just because my new field supervisor was as new as me, so didn't knew what a thing about how it needs to be done, asking from others who changed their mind 2 times & we end up fixing it the same way as we started from, i quit the job by following year. They don't want you to succeed but only care about money, labour cost, margins & expect you to work 15 hours with a excuse that i as a field consultant can do it, why can't you. As i quit i get to know from my ei local office as they wrote mentioned a wrong reason for me quitting. i only answered once to clearify that if it was my fault then they should have fired me not me quitting, make some sense 7 eleven. felt relieved the day i quit, looking at my field consultant sweeting himself. when he came in morning & pointed some things out of my work after me running a store over the weekend by myself with only 2 more people, while he was at home, came on monday started again, i told him i m done by a certain time, no cashier showed up today too, so now as u still pointing out things rather then being a helping hand. i m going in couple hours fix yourself someone before that, stayed little time. I wanted it to work i really meant it, but this worst company made a horrible example of corporations of today. DO NOT WORK as even after leaving this company, they dont let you go in peace.  less
Pros
Cons
Long hour, crazy boss, unappreciated workplace, low pay, short staffed always
7- Eleven was a great workplace to learn and grow within the company.
Sales Assistant/Sr. Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2016
I enjoyed working at 7-Eleven because of the positive interactions with customers. It was a positive environment to learn and progress in the area of management.
Pros
Opportunity to learn
Not bad but not good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC12 August 2016
I personally did not like working here. They replaced the manager when i was there and 3 days later they let me go because my glasses broke on shift the night before. 6 days before my 3 months, and chistmas. plus they did not pay me within the legal 48 hours
Manager Business Development (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK11 August 2016
The company respect diversity ; however, there are no succession planning programs. Employees are always overburdened and there is a high turnover rate.
Pros
good for initial career stage
Cons
no career progression
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ON10 August 2016
The regulars make your days a bit more interesting
Managers are amazing, super easy to talk to, very helpful
Co-workers are fun and interesting
Hardest part is there is sometimes a lot going on at one time
Pros
Free slurpees when you work
Cons
No other discounts
Worst job for students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 August 2016
This job was one of the worst decisions I have made, but I was desperate so I had no choice. Hours are long, sometimes with no breaks. you also have to work night shifts alone.
Pros
free food
Productive workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 July 2016
Working at 7 eleven was great, learned a lot on how to operate the store. Get along well with my co-workers. I always consider change as a challenge at work and I enjoy serving customers.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Sometimes, long hours
An okay company for the store employee but not the office
Accounting Liaison Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 July 2016
Daily office deposit, invoice reconciliation, collection calls or emails to vendors. Monthly duties, trial balances, budgets.

Overall the company was great to work for, most of our positions have been moved to the United States and we were not offered the opportunity to move with them.

Office staff worked as a team to make a successful work experience

The hardest part of my job was being the only person in Canada to do the accounts receivable with no back up. Stressful at month end to ensure you meet deadlines
Pros
Great co workers
Demanding
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB19 July 2016
Not enough money for what the company expects. You are on call 24/7. You need to be every where at once. Deal with customers and not all are sober. Upper management does not understand the day to day stress of the job. No firm company protocol the FC and Market Managers seem to make things up as they go along and you get to many different answers for the same question. No one seems to want to make a decision.
benefits
Cons
no work life balance in fact yu are expected to give up your life and family for the store
Poor management
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC18 July 2016
Hours were terrible and boss was unwilling to work with my schedule even when i was hired i explained my limitations. would not work there again with that management
Productive but not a fun place to work.
Store Leader/ Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 July 2016
I've started as part time sales associate and now I am a store manager, This company helped me a lot about understanding management.There is no such thing as planned day at 7-eleven we have to be ready for surprises at every instance and be ready to deal with the effectively.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Salary
Good Place Of work Lacks Good Managment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC12 July 2016
was a great place too work i enjoyed working and getting to know the customers but management skills was lacking in skills for the employees they did not help when needed and never had a stable schedule always had to check once too twice a day
they where never on time and kept paychecks for final pay never received and the pay rate does not seem fair you do more work then what your paid to doo and safety in the workplace was never in question unsafe work conditions
Pros
Free Slurpees
Cons
Not Enough time for Breaks
was a nice job and lots of free drinks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB6 July 2016
the staff was all friendle and i got to meet alote of new people and build lots of customer skills i also learned how to be a cashier