7-Eleven Employee Reviews in Canada

Best for initial Job
CERTIFIED ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
gas station is fast physical active job that i like, car wash is also a one of the very good earning that i concentrate. i maintained full shelf merchandise with new products.
Too much work load
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 27, 2016
My this job is ok. why because too much work load on one person.but my co workers are very nice and helpful. same thing again every day i meet different peoples.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
enough hours
good job
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 21, 2016
good job for the wage location was good easy access. manger was alright staff was friendly and good hours were flexable so overal a good place
Pros
free food
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Port Colborne, ONApril 14, 2016
I came into work, clocked in, counted my cash, and started the shift. Made sure food was properly up to code, and threw out and wrote off any food items that were not good anymore. Manager would leave a note of side jobs for you to do during your shift and itd be completed by the time your shift comes to an end. At the end of my shift, I count my til off, clean the area surrounding you, and make sure all food is up to date before you were to leave your shift.
fun with happy customers
Night shift assissant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 12, 2016
busy, co-workers great funny and able to keep the night going fast knowing we made it another safe night. I learned a lot about becoming an assistant manager. I enjoyed getting to the customers
nice place to work and meet new people
Customer Service Representative/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 10, 2016
i learn proper customer service from this job. I also learn about team work. This place helped me to think about future plan.
Pros
30 min paid break
Cons
tough to work in cooler for long time
hardworking and enjoyable
Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 7, 2016
The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult clients when asking for their identification to purchase certain items.
Pros
free drinks, benefits
Cons
long hours, not enough pay
many homeless people i do not feel safe.
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BCMarch 31, 2016
ring in items, general cleaning, stocking of products, making coffee, heating food. I haven't really learned anything. Co-workers complain about whether store is clean or not all the time. If the store is dirty after I leave it doesn't mean I didn't do my job...
People who strive to have excellent customer service
Cashier/ Cook (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMarch 28, 2016
A typical day was meeting and greeting customers with a smile and assist them when asked.
What I learned was everyday is a new day and things can happen at any moment and you just have to roll with the punch's and act calm in bad situations.
My co-workers where great and I love them like family because they where they experienced the same things as I did and can relate to me none of my friends could.
The hardest part about this job was always smiling and saying hello to everyone who came in the door.
I enjoyed meeting new people and assisting them with purchases creating a smile on their faces when they look like they had a bad day.
Pros
Free slurpee's
Cons
Theives
Grooming of soft and technical skills.
Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg City, MBMarch 24, 2016
Its a great and lovely environment there and its been remarkable for me work there i learned and developed many skills .All the co workers are friendly and polite so i have a great time there . Flexible schedule and really a cooperative staff.
Pros
Health insurance
Customer service
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 19, 2016
A typical day at work included customer service, ordering ,inventory, cashier, vendor deliveries, cash handling, banking, payroll, inventory management
Operated and in charge of store in managers absence
I had a great working relationship with fellow co workers and manager I always lead by example
The hardest part of the job was work life balance
Fun work with broken promises
Sr. Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 14, 2016
The job is very fun and so much opportunity to learn more. Many times I have had promises broken.

Besides that the coworkers are fun and the customers are fun to get to know. The possibility of robbery can be scary but it's not so bad if you follow rules.
Pros
varying shifts, shift work
Cons
robberies, lots of call-ins
Dynamic Workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  GTA, ONMarch 8, 2016
Dealt with staffing issues such as interviewing potential staff, conducting appraisals and performance reviews, providing or organising training and development, as well as resolving health and safety, legal and security issues

Ensured a high level of standards for quality, customer service through motivating staff, providing a positive working environment and setting standards and modeled behavior

Managed stock levels, made key decisions about stock control, organized, executed and managed marketing and merchandising programs including special promotions, displays and events

Analyzed and interpreted sales figures and trends, and forecasted future sales

Ensured that all sales targets and goals were met and/or exceeded on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis

Ensured the interior and exterior of the store was maintained to company standards

Resolved customer problems or complaints by determining optimal solutions
Good job for someone with zero experience/ student job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  British ColumbiaMarch 7, 2016
A very good company for someone who does not have work experience or part time for students. But for graduates, I don't think so, because at one point career gets stagnated.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
too much work compared to compensation
Great manager! Fun place to work.
Component Manager (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, ABMarch 2, 2016
Fast paced business. Lots of support from all levels of management.
No shortage of ongoing training. Lots of room for advancement.
great place to work
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fernie, BCMarch 1, 2016
Most part enjoyable place to work. Love dealing with the public and getting to know the regular customers along with most of my co workers
Liked it.
Cashier/Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCFebruary 27, 2016
Was good, easy enough job, worked with some idiots, but made me look good while i worked among them, if i had stuck with it i would have moved quickly, but I just needed a summer job before moving to Ottawa.
Low moral and non productive work from employees
Senior Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKFebruary 26, 2016
Although I started out loving my job because it was such a huge change from working in an office, I found that as time passed employees weren't held accountable for the huge mistakes that were being made both in product and especially in customer service. I am the type of person who likes to be able to solve a problem ASAP so that the customers are satisfied and my hands are basically tied at this establishment. There are no rewards for a job well done and management plays favorites and rewards only those that their parents have worked with them at some point in time. It has become a very hard work environment to be happy with my job.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
not worth the pain
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 24, 2016
coworkers are amazing, no work to life balance, you literally live to work instead of work to live which gets miserable pretty quick
Pros
slurpees
Cons
never left alone
it is a okay work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Colborne, ONFebruary 18, 2016
This job is not the best work place. The other workers and management are very good at working but they do not work as a team and are not always nice to each other