7-Eleven Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Nice work environment, enjoyable time with a bit stress sometimes once the store gets busy during the peck hours and there are no enough worker
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCNovember 2, 2015
Pros: Free coffee
Cons: short brakes
I like working in 7-Elevn. It was enjoyable time I spent there. I would li work in 7 Elevn again if i get a chance but not in the same previous store.
I learned a few working steps that are basic and simple to anyone to learn.
Managment level I believe is weak.
co-worker mostly were good except a few people that un-qualify due to the lack of respectful knowledge on working filed.

Hardest part was dealing with drunk customers at night shift and cleaning the mass after some of them.
The most enjoyable part was dealing with smiley faces

Overall it was fun and good experience.
PRODUCTIVE OF BEING A CASHIER.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Richmond, BCNovember 2, 2015
ITS A CHALLENGING JOB DUE TO DIFFERENT PEOPLE YOU ENCOUNTER . ESPECIALLY IN TREM OF DEALING WITH THEM, BUT THIS THJE JOB THAT I CAN SAY IT MAKE ME ENJOY AND FUN ESPECIALLY WHEN THE CUSTOMERS APPRECIATE YOUR JOB.
Great place to learn
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee), Surrey, BCOctober 26, 2015
7 eleven is a great learning environment for new people starting off in a retail environment. The job is demanding at first, but managers and co workers help you a lot to improve multi tasking skill.
It was a great job
Sales associate (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKOctober 24, 2015
It was a great job with flexible hours. Management was okay and my fellow staff where great people who always had a big smile on their faces.
7 Eleven Market Office Assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MbOctober 22, 2015
This position was great full time hours, good pay and day shift. Great position to start wanting to work in an office field position. Benefits, life insurance. Working in a professional field, I really enjoyed this position, unfortunately it was a temporary position.
7 Eleven store was good
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MbOctober 22, 2015
7 Eleven Store was flexible, a lot to learn which I enjoy learning. Always busy doing something which made time fly by. I'd go back and work my way up to manager.
I knew what I was doing
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mackenzie, BCOctober 16, 2015
Pros: Part-time dental, reliable job
Cons: Long hours, Full time hours with part time benefits, Terrible Salary
Everyday was pretty much the same routine. I would go into work, sign into the till to clock in. I would then help if there were a maximum of 4 customers in the other line. If there was no rush, I would be refilling fresh coffee, stocking shelves, and making food, for the grills, and food case. I learned the fundamentals of upselling here, and I was very good at it. We would also get assigned tasks on a task sheet which was difficult to get all done if the day was super busy. Management was alright. It wasn't so much the actual manager that didn't know how to manage it was the field consultant the higher up boss who made things difficult. The hardest part about this job was how understaffed we were for the 2 and a half years that I was there. There could only be 2 people on shift, but it was one of the busiest gas stations in Canada since it is the only gas station in a town of 5000 people. with people coming in and out at every minute of every hour it was hard to get tasks done. Sometimes if you weren't fast enough in a rush you would get yelled, or cursed at. I now know how to deal with flustered people in a professional matter. The most thing I enjoyed about this job was probably my co-workers. I was there for 2 and a half years and I knew what I was doing which made it a lot more fun for me since I was a senior staff member.
Fun to work but hard to meet both ends with hourly rate they provide
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 13, 2015
Pros: Interaction with different people
Cons: Minimum pay
A very unique place to work. Every time it is very busy. When Customers line up we have to take help from Co-worker. If Co-worker is working in Cooler at back we have to bring at front so that customers do not wait long for their purchase.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MbOctober 12, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: Location
Good place to work but there is no future opportunity with the company. The training does not seem to be up to standards I am familiar with. Also not a very sage environment to work in. People are okay to work.
good
electranic billing,supervisor,store keeping (Former Employee), canadaOctober 6, 2015
I love to be one of the worker.i am fastest working situation.carrout the task to customer satisfaction plan to sale on the target basis
Fun, low stress job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oliver, BCSeptember 30, 2015
Pros: Free beverages
Cons: Graveyards
A typical day was fun and laughter. Employees and customers were always having a good time.

I learned how to work in a fast paced environment. I learned how to calmly deal with very irate customers. I learned to stand my ground when, for instance, someone didn't have ID for buying tobacco.

My managers were awesome people. There is nothing more I can really say.

My co-workers were a bunch of nuts. That's why we all had such fun doing our jobs.

The hardest part of my job was, again, scenarios like having to refuse a tobacco sale. I once got called a very derogatory name 12 times in under 2 minutes and I just shook my hear and said "You can call me every name in the book sir, but it's not going to change the real fact here that I still cannot sell you tobacco."

The best part of my job was when a customer would come into the store not wearing a smile and would leave grinning from ear to ear. That always made my day.
not a very good place to work
Assistant store leader (Current Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 14, 2015
one bad thing about customer service is that if you are a short tempered person then customer service is not your field no matter what happens the company doesn't want to lose the customer even if he spits on your face.
i learned a lot of things that made me a good decision maker.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Lloydminster, SKSeptember 11, 2015
its always fun and great working with nice and hardworking staffs. i also learned and gained knowledge in supervising staffs. its also a good idea of knowing those management everyday tasks like preparing all the paperwork and depositing the sales to the bank. i cant think of any hardest part of the job but all i know is by having dedication and putting hard work will ease any problems that you might encounter.
Good working atmosphere
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 11, 2015
Pros: Free beverage
Cons: 8 Hrs shift
Good Co-workers.
During school days, typical to handle kids in store.
Management is good.
Being food store, mostly all the work of CDC has to be done.
However, good interaction with customers.
Enjoying new contacts.
7-Eleven Work
Sales (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 7, 2015
At 7-Eleven, you are given a bit more control than other typical competitors jobs.
Employees are encouraged to learn ordering, do paperwork and work with the manager to make the store highly efficient.

Night hours can be a bit of a drag since 7-Eleven does operate 24/7
good starter job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: free pop, slurpee or coffee
Cons: no day shifts, poor management, not enough labour hours
On a typical day I come into a dirty store with little fresh food on or food that is expiring soon. I have to cook, clean, serve customers, put away orders, order fresh food, block and face, do dishes, count smokes and lottery all without any help.
good learning experience
certified senior sales associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 28, 2015
that was my second job as sales associate and i use to work as part time .it did provide me opportunity to work with the people and deal with the people as i love doing that.it got me involved into adjustment of flexibility as i have adjust between different shifts.from this job i learnt alot about the professionalism and business ethics and improve my communication skills
Productive and challenging work dealing with customers
Cashier/ Sales Associate (part- time) (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Good set of colleagues
Cons: long work standing, unruly customers especially at night
Job security is so well aside from the management. It's a wonderful work place to get exposed with different customers with different moods and behaviours...
Wouldn't recommend
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Free slurpees, gulps, coffees while working. Nice regulars and tourists.
Cons: No break or bathroom breaks, rude associates, talked about behind your back
I worked midnights, was told I wouldnt be working alone for more then 3 hours and police stopped in regularly during nights, I was working alone within 3 days and rarely saw a police officer. I couldnt use the rest room unless there was a regular/friend in the store to watch the store in case someone came in, too much work for one person to handle, no break unless you were a smoker and when I was able to take a break I was told I wasnt allowed. Manager and regular costumers were nice but co-workers and assistant manger were rude, often talked behind each-others backs.
Work very hard and long hours
Store Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 17, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: There never happy
I would say its one of the hardest jobs! You work hard to keep old stores look good, you try to make the goals they set- which are very high. They let there District Mgr do what they want and say what they want to you. Your lucky if you see them in 2 to 3 weeks when they only cover 5 to 7 stores in their district...
Headquarters