7-Eleven Employee Reviews

Sl
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 June 2016
I worked with 7-11 for 9 years a store manager and I quit last month because its a night mare to work for them lots of demands and even if you work 12 hours per day is not enough, no appreciation and even thank you for a good job.

when I asked why am not getting mu bonus the answer was there is a glitch in the system.

every one I worked with they feel bad and are looking for another job.

and every time they feel you are about to quit they will feed me the same old song for nine ( we will franchise our stores just wait until next year).

if you can find another job, do not work for this company.
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, lots to do, high turn over, demanding, once they know you need them, they will take advantage of you
It is good competitive environment to work in
Inventory Management (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC11 January 2017
There is a lot to learn from working in a 7-Eleven store. Like it get everything gas station, food and daily use commodities. A person can learn a lot inventory and cash management by working there. At the first time everything seems to be difficult but with time you get to know it and become good. The most amazing part was that there is something new that can be learnt on a new day.
Good place with good customers and emploees
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 December 2016
Enjoyed my job here and really looked forward to seeing my customers every day. I had terrific employees and miss them. As a Manager if your employees did not show up for work and there was no one else to replace them the managers did the time. This was the only draw back to the job.
Pros
customers were great
interesting place to work
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC14 September 2016
There was always so much to do there. I liked how busy it was. I worked every shift there from time to time. I was acting assistant manager a lot because there wasn't always an assistant manager at that store. I did everything from placing orders, to bank deposits and balancing the cash. I received orders, and put them away. I was the one everyone would call when there was a problem.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
long hours, very busy location
busy busy busy
Cashier/Customer Service/Cook (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC15 February 2017
I truly enjoyed this job and wish i was still there. lots of customer service and just as many chores, shifts fly by. cook, clean smile and help your customers as well as your co-workers.keep track of lotteries/cigs and cash on a time frame basis. place orders for stock. accept orders, put away(old to front), face store products always. stock everything always.clean as you stock, essential. and most importantly SELL SELL SELL the hot foods, which are always growing and changing. like I said shifts fly by!
Pros
my boss/ customers
Cons
trying to get everything done in time
hardworking and enjoyable
Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 April 2016
The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult clients when asking for their identification to purchase certain items.
Pros
free drinks, benefits
Cons
long hours, not enough pay
reputable company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB25 October 2016
they have organised training plans for new hires, fast-paced environment with constant customer interactions.
my manager oversee her need with manpower and apparently she hired too many which affected my schedule drastically since i only worked part time & was hired few months ago.
hardest part maybe dealing with old staffs who were there almost forever because they are so used with what they were doing, they are hesitant to follow the standard and they are always complaining about their jobs.
the enjoyable part is to be able to meet new people as our customers and be able to give them the customer service they deserve.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no hours
Poor management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada6 February 2017
Poor management with no accountability. Disorganized and reactionary...should be union because it is over wrought with union mentality. Needs "new blood" to make some big changes - maybe new CEO will see that.
Pros
if you are okay with being mediocre you can stick around for 20+ years
Cons
if you are not okay with being less than the best it is frustrating and spirit killing
Working with good people and helping customers.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 October 2016
Working at 7/11 was quite a learning experience, learning how to handle people that were drinking and handling hard tasks with quickly.
The co-workers were okay...well some were, what I learned about them is that its not good to keep certain thing from the boss.
I thing the hardest part about working there is dealing with the shoplifters, I had to write down every single thing that they took, then calling the head office to report it, it was unnecessary.
Pros
meeting new people and getting to know them
Cons
The co-workers were sneaking around and getting into truoble and I was getting blamed for it.
Worst place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 September 2016
Forced to do night shiftsss....not at all adjusting management...worst place to work!! Very bad management....u have to do alot of work extra
Pros
Cons
Long hours, forced work, night shifts alone
Good job for someone with zero experience/ student job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  British Columbia7 March 2016
A very good company for someone who does not have work experience or part time for students. But for graduates, I don't think so, because at one point career gets stagnated.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
too much work compared to compensation
up beat and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 January 2017
we served customers sotcked shelf and did invitory counts. I leraned too all was show up for the job willing and able to do the task that are needed. Cleaning the public washrooms. leraned from my management that not everything goes according to plan and you may need to find another way.
Pros
good shift
Cons
not enough money
Awful
Night shift sales associate (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB16 December 2016
Worst company to work for if you are english speaking and know your rights you'd understand how this bad this place is long hours lying bosses rude customers
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Always something to do
Senior Certified Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  450 ryan road7 February 2017
Good place to work if you dont have a family otherwise management has to much control over pay and they do not care much about employee health.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
management
Fulfilling work days
Manager, Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON1 October 2016
Long work days. Company is more than willing to train staff and promote within. Co-workers are great to work with. The hardest part is having the staff to meet the store needs. The most enjoyable part is that you have a sense of fulfillment you get with a job well done.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Part-time Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 December 2016
I enjoyed working at 7-11 because I got to meet a lot of cool people including my co-workers and customers. It was mostly a laid back job. You gotta be somewhat good at math. Lots of counting. Counting cigarettes, money, etc every day. The only thing I didn't agree on was throwing out still fresh donuts/pizza/hotdogs/smokies/taquitos at the end of the day instead of giving it to the homeless or poor. Other than that the job was enjoyable.
Pros
People, Music, Pizza
Cons
No free food
Enjoyable while working with Customers & Staff members
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 May 2016
Over the coarse of 14 months, I did trade my ``time over money``,
I worked all 3 shifts. The morning, evening, and dreadful nights. I most enjoyed all the fast paced enviroment, it had myself busy to finsih shift work.
There was career advancement if one wished to advance. Training was helpful.
Hardest part of the job was trading time for money, rude and intoxicated customers. Few robberys were scary.
A typical day at work was, help serve customers, lotto max and lotta 649 every wednesday. thursdays, and saturdays. Counting merchandise before the next shift goes on. Writing and recording temperature logs in many of the machines you use. Prep Cooking. Cleaning the store when you get free time.
Coworkers were always enjoyable, being friendly was never an issue for myself in the job. Management was friendly too.
Pros
Free Drinks, iced coffe, coffee, slurpee. Friendly customers
Cons
Never ending cleaning, Intoxicated indiviuals
Good Place Of work Lacks Good Managment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC12 July 2016
was a great place too work i enjoyed working and getting to know the customers but management skills was lacking in skills for the employees they did not help when needed and never had a stable schedule always had to check once too twice a day
they where never on time and kept paychecks for final pay never received and the pay rate does not seem fair you do more work then what your paid to doo and safety in the workplace was never in question unsafe work conditions
Pros
Free Slurpees
Cons
Not Enough time for Breaks
A fun stressful workplace
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 January 2017
When I was working in this company I really love how they welcomed me as a new staff. A typical day at work is that I run the till and make sandwiches, coffee, and check if we have daily fresh goods in our shelves when I am working by myself and during the afternoons I do a store walk by checking all the machines if they're working, coffees are filled, if the stocks are filled, and I check the back if our pop and slurpee machines to get changed. I learned in this workplace that I made a strong bond with our supervisor because she knows what was happening in our store with our new manager, I learned and experienced 16 hours of working in one day and I think that made me strong and our staffs closer. The hardest part of the job is that we are located in a not so good neighbourhood therefore I have to be aware of what's really happening inside and outside of our store, and one of the hardest part is that we can't trust our new manager as she made decisions that aren't that good yet despite all this I really enjoyed my time working in this store location as I learned another language and I made regular customers that comes shares their stories whenever I am not busy.
Pros
nice coworkers and customers
Cons
manager
Security in tenure
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 December 2016
Everyday mostly same routine. Work and home with balance hours. Workers are friendly. Works environment is good. Management is approachable. Flexible working hours.
Pros
Company is secured
Cons
Night shift security