7-Eleven Employee Reviews

It is a fun place to work and learn.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 April 2017
The company is a great place to work. The most enjoying part of the job is meeting people of all races, cultures and different economic background. The workplace culture is friendly. The management team is awesome. The hardest part of the job is understanding customers' accents.
Great Way to Gain Skills
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC1 April 2017
Good job , furthering skills needed to work with the public. Nice manager and fellow employees. Cashiering and all other related work here give you a good base, which can lead to higher positions.
Fun workplace with customers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2017
I worked at night shift. Learnt how to organized. Management was good. Working night shift was the hardest part of the job. Organizing was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free all hot drinks.
Cons
Night Shift
Overworked/Under Paid
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 March 2017
A topical day consists of 4 or 5am start, if the staff show up for their shifts your done by 3pm. That being said getting everything done that is expected is impossible, you are running a gas station, a restaurant, and a convenience store all at the same store.. If staff doesn't show up your doing their jobs as well as your own and it can snowball very quickly. You cannot have enough staff to prevent this so be prepared to put in countless hrs making your "Salery" worth about 5c an hr by the end.
If you decide this is a challenge your willing to take on. Good Luck you'll need it.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Possible 24 hr work days
fast paced environment with pleanty t do
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB28 March 2017
interacting with the customers and being able to get immediate customer feedback from customers and employer, the probability of advancement within the 7 Eleven corporate srtucture
Pros
non stop beverages and sampling new products
Cons
breaks being few and far between
a manager that is not trustworthy
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 March 2017
A typical day at work is that you go in your shift logged in and then your day starts. You either count all the back stocks for 2 consecutive days, or make fresh food the entire day, put stocks out as the products gets consumed really fast and or by order stocks for your entire shift. I learned in this job that the whole management needs to work together so that our work flow will be fun and manageable for our entire day and not just half of the team works and the rest just stand there and make others work. The first managements that I have was really fun to worked with and I enjoyed going to work every single time but when the team got switched up everyone just doesn't cooperate as they are anymore. The culture in 7-eleven is really diverse. The hardest part of the job maybe is that our life can be actually on the line as a lot of robberies often to happen in the work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you meet interesting people and gain some knowledge in them.
Pros
Customer that appreciate you
Cons
management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC22 March 2017
A typical day kept me busy and made the day go by fast.
I loved seeing new faces as well as the returning customers we had everyday.
Management was amazing! very understanding of me as I was currently 6 months pregnant when they hired me.
I enjoyed the fast paced day. I worked hard to show that just because I was pregnant does not mean I was unable to work full days, full time and I can work just as hard as everyone else. Pregnancy was not a crutch for me.
Hardest part of the job was finding all the specific tobacco brands as I was not a smoker.
Best part was feeling like family when I went to work everyday.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
rude or unsettling customers late at night.
Boring and lots of work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC21 March 2017
The work here is way too much and you personally have to do a lot and they hardly appreciate their employees, only My Manager is the only person who takes care of her staff no matter what her superior says. Job isn't hard but not easy as well.
productive and effective workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2017
Good opportunities to deal with customers.
I have learned how to do multitasking and to manage the overall store. overall a good place to work and improve
Pros
good franchise
Cons
work alone during peak hours
nice place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 March 2017
lots of hours, hard working staff and management while i worked there was construction place was slow. not a bad thing.. got a heat wave could not keep up with slurpees
Pros
free slurpees while you work
Cons
spent my summer working
A great part time work experience
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC10 March 2017
a monotonous, yet dynamic culture at work.
I learned a lot about handling and supervising store and its tasks.
Management was good.
It has a nice culture, small petty tasks, easy to handle and meeting new and regular customers.
Hard part was our manager was very strict and mistake finder, but overall kept a good discipline at store.

The most enjoyable part was how once you master your tasks, it becomes predictable and work becomes fun.
Pros
chances of promotion
Cons
very busy at times, too many things to handle
Reasonable work place
Certified Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chetwynd, BC10 March 2017
Typical day aside from serving customers is a lot of cleaning. The management in the locations I worked were good. Hardest part was dealing with the trouble customers and shoplifters.
Pros
Decent and steady hours
Cons
No control over whom you deal with
A great place to work in with great colleagues
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2017
I have learned a lot of things here, using the till properly, handling difficult customers and many more. The management is great for the store that I work in, the manager understands situations and always try her best to help every employee. The least favorite thing in this job for me is asking people for their ID knowing they are over 18.
Pros
Free drinks and great managements
Cons
Work-Life balance is hard to maintain in 7-Eleven
Night Shift
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, AB6 March 2017
for nightshift . I was in charge of filling the vault. sanitizing the bibs and changing them. if any ordering was not put into the system I would finish it. I put away the order. I was considered the nightshift supervisor with no raise.
Pros
costumers
Cons
managment
Easy work environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2017
A generally unpleasant experience do to poor management. Always need to call police for theft and abusers to staff by customers
Pros
Free beverages
Cons
Bad management
Productive workplace with always having something to do
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON26 February 2017
A usual day at work contained a moderate list of things to do which normally would take about 6 hours to complete on a busy day with customers, etc. The hardest part of the job is the location, you could run into sketchy people that constantly steal, or like to start drama, or there are the most friendly locals that come in everyday for their coffee. One of the most enjoyable parts of this job were listening to peoples stories and looking at their smiles, always set the mood in for the rest of the morning.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Free Soft Drinks, Free Coffee.
Cons
Being around hot food all the time and not being able to eat it.
productive and learning environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC25 February 2017
i love to do part time job in this co-operate house. i have learned a lot of thing while working in this 7- eleven. Management is also good because they take care of their employee well.
7-11 Camrose
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Camrose, AB22 February 2017
It's a fun place to work but the hours are not enough at the moment people are great to work with customers are great they make the store the food is great management is alright
its much hard job for people who's starting
Handling cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 February 2017
fun work
not much hard
its near in my place so its easy for me
good people to work with
good schedule for mother like me
working hours is not enough most of the time is less
Pros
free drinks
Cons
sometimes hours is less
productive - good cannadian experince
Cashier (Current Employee) –  1390 Weston Rd, Toronto, ON M6M 4S220 February 2017
In this work to learn how to adapt to the conditions quickly and customer service and strengthen the communication skills you have and how do they work as a team and the hardest thing that you should do several tasks at the same time
Pros
Patience
Cons
hard job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 7-Eleven. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval