7-Eleven

7-Eleven Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
N/A
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: management
Cons: long hours
Management was good, they really care about you and worked around your schedules. Worked independently most of the time. Usually was told of chance of advancement but that never happened.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................
loved the clients
Store Manager (Current Employee), Drayton Valley, ABJanuary 15, 2015
Cons: long hours
work hours much to long for a manager
lack of support from my superior
long long days with no acknowledgement
co workers could change daily
keeping up with the demands of the company
the clients
Was Good til they changed management
Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: awesome coworkers
Cons: changed staff
- had a constant work schedule
- was appreciated for the work I had done
- coworkers and I had a system to make sure everything got done within out shift
- Regular customers loved us

Working here was awesome, until they went and changed all the management. After that all the original staff got treated poorly, so in the end everyone quit.
7- Eleven
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Smithers, BCJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: my boss, was fair
Cons: assistant managers, were lazy
I loved working for 7- Eleven, but there choice in Management wasn't that good, as i worked there 5 years and did just as much as they did
Productive work atmosphere
Management/Operations (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: lots of training provided.
I was fortunate in benefiting from all the in-house training programs and participated in many of the new programs by providing my leadership skills to enable these new programs to get started on a positive footing. Enjoyed mentoring many co-workers and I am still friends with them today.
Long years of multiple experiences and hold high integrity jobs .
Audit supervisor . (Former Employee), GTADecember 31, 2014
Cons: i can do up 12 hours / day
Start early morning, stop for lunch, the resume work till 4.00 PM.
Learned Varieties of experiences, easily gets along with the others, gained patience and positive communications skills from the supervisory auditing Job.
Commitment, punctuality and listen more than talk .
I do not be leave that there is a hardest part and easiest parts of jobs, but it is a matter of adaptation, and any job takes a while to get familiar with, just to follow the policies
it wasnt a bad place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), St. Paul, ABDecember 11, 2014
Cons: to many over time
they would ask me to work over time 3 shifts in a row even though i had a child to take care of they didnt care if u had children. there were more people that worked there that didnt have kids but they would only ask me if i could work over time, yes over time was great but not almost 3 days in a row.
productive place with lots to learn from
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCDecember 10, 2014
very congenial place to work at, with lot of support and help.
Terrible Company
Certified Sales Associate (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 25, 2014
Pros: free slurpees during shift
Cons: communication does not exist
All I will say is I was fired in September and I still don't know why. Good luck if you work there, management is a joke and HR is a joke.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 21, 2014
Great and energetic place to work and excellent opportunity to grow.
Great chance to meet people from various backgrounds.
Learn new skills and meet challenging timelines.
Will feel being a part of a growing company that considers their employees as their asset.
New experience
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKNovember 20, 2014
I am working in all shifts 24X7 and learned new experience eg: Sales, Service and Customers satisfactions etc.
I am working normally in all situations.
and i am working friendly with my team.
Productive and fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 19, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: some long hours
I became assistant manager after one year. I caught on to all manager tasks fast. I loved working with the public and with numbers.
This simply was The Best Job I have ever had!
Full time store clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, AB.November 11, 2014
Right? 7-Eleven! I don't know if it was the staff or the standard we were held to as employees there, but this job was phenomenal.
Great place to work, however
Cashier/Gas Attendant (Former Employee), Hinton, ABNovember 11, 2014
I enjoyed working for my manager, but the staff was ridiculous. Some of which thought they were somewhat of an authority figure and would say, and demand rude requests.
A fun job you need work ethic to do well and enjoy, is tough at times
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Nelson, BCNovember 1, 2014
Pros: free hot chocolate/slurpie/coffee up to one cup of either, flexible hours, nice co-workers and managers, there's never nothing to do; always something to do, you get an excuse to talk to random strangers, you're never alone on holidays, which are the worst
Cons: no breaks if there's customers in the store and you're the only one in, it can get hectic and fairly stressful, sometimes someone may be in the backroom and you may be all alone most of the time, holidays are the worst like all other stores.
Typical days at this job, you're juggling multiple tasks at once.
You're often refilling slurpie and coffee cups, making sure the roller grills are stocked with the right numbers of different kinds of hotdogs and smokies, while making sure they stay fresh, and tending to customers who are buying products or asking to get filled up at a pump for a certain amount.
All at the same time, i feel like it's worthy of mention, you're multi-tasking all these, and even after those, there's keeping the store floor clean, all the products fronted and faced, making sure the windows are cleaned, and even keeping hot chocolate and coffee machines clean and filled, even making sure the bathrooms are cleaned aswell.
At the end of shift, there's counting the money, putting about 80-95% of it away for storing, save for coins, only bills, making sure to put all 50s away and every 5 20s away.
If there's nothing to do, you're checking everything to make sure it's all good, clean, fresh and stocked. There's always something to do, you're never bored and I love it.

I personally have learned that there's always something to do, how to properly clean windows, coffee trays/machines, making coffee, how to operate store computers such as the till's touch screen interfaces, authorizing gas pumps, I've even learned more about foodsafe while doing the online training at work.
Everything I did above, I can do nowadays.

The Managers were very nice and sociable, the interview for the job wasn't stressful or anxiety-inducing, they did a good job of making sure I didn't feel like it was an interrogation, which – more... made me excited for the job. They were always on top of things and doing something when at work.

My co-workers were also fairly nice, a couple were a bit bossy at times, but that's guaranteed if you're in training after all. nobody really hung me out to dry during my training period which was very nice, and for the most part they taught me well in how to do everything, though not well enough to keep the job after the training period. But I know that I can be welcomed back with more experience under my belt so it's all good either way.

The Hardest Part of the job would have to be serving the food while completing transactions for people, while others need gas and are already inside, only once have I ever actually screwed up on the job however, which was at that specific time, I handled it fairly well, save for when afterwards I started having a panic attack and had to take a 5 minute break.
It's the time where multiple people who all need different things comes in, when the job reaches the biggest point of difficulty.

The part I loved most about working at 7-Eleven, would be any time I would be fronting and facing products and just organizing things, I'm very good at it after all, one easily enjoys what they're good at usually.
Other than that, it would be whenever i get to talk to people, since as a cashier you're also a greeter, but kinda have to greet others, even while multi-tasking. – less
Fun and Flexable
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 22, 2014
Pros: the coworkers were great
Cons: not much room to advance, its always put off.
The hours were flexible and the people were fun to work with. Teamwork was an every day thing and was used to maximum effect. Management was good with controlling the flow of tasks and keeping things going smooth.
People were nice but working at 7eleven feels like working at 7eleven.
Clerk (Former Employee), Burlington, ONOctober 21, 2014
Time flows slowly when you are not busy at 7eleven. The management did their best to provide a good working atmosphere but it is very hard to stay motivated in such a boring, monotonous job. The work is easy so the hardest part of the day is forcing yourself to show up for your shift.
It was a fun working place, the other employees were so much fun to work with.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 14, 2014
Pros: free fountain pop, coffee, slurpees, you were able to have the write offs.
Cons: you might end up working with someone you don't like. sometimes no breaks(washroom breaks of course)
A typical day at work, come in/ clock in,once completed, see what food had to be made, if the garbage needed to be changed inside and out, check and see what needed to be stocked up e.g., Slurpee cups, coffee cup, straws, lids, cheese and salsa for the nachos. etc...

I learned that it can be a quick pace place where you are on your feet all day non-stop. I learned how to complete write offs when food is out dated,has been cooked for to long, or when other items are ready to be thrown out, how to do ordering when we are almost out of items.

Co-workers at this job is like any job sometimes you get amazing ones sometimes you don't. My co-workers some where so much fun to work with the others not so much, some you come close with because your working with them all the time and others you don't really get to know. The ones I got to know they were so much fun I don't remember a day that I wasn't laughing or smiling.

The hardest part of the job was getting to know how to do the ordering and the write offs. Its like any other job unless u know something then its going to take a little while to get to know the gadgets. Once you get to know everything if its a week, 2, 3 however long once you know its easy.

Most enjoyable part would have to be the customers, and employees. everyday when you walk in if your ever having a bad day at home your co-workers or customers will sure lighten up your day, with either a joke something that happened that day or just because you became close friends with them.
poor training, horrible work atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee), Vernon, BCOctober 10, 2014
Pros: had a few staff members that were easy and fun to work with
Cons: poor unhappy work enviroment
staff had very poor training or little to none.. work was never being done properly or done at all, 3 good employees had to pick up all the slackers, i came into work one day and everything in the freezer was dumped into one pile on the floor! could not take it anymore so looked for better employment
first job in canada
Certified Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee), surrey,bcOctober 6, 2014
Pros: salary on time
Cons: long hours
Patrol the premises and adjacent areas
Investigate and report any suspicious activity
Take necessary action on spot when needed

About 7-Eleven

Use your experience to build a career with the world’s #1 convenience store. The 7-Eleven brand is iconic, known and loved – Read more