7-Eleven Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
it is a okay work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Port Colborne, ONFebruary 18, 2016
This job is not the best work place. The other workers and management are very good at working but they do not work as a team and are not always nice to each other
Productive and Fun while working.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), 530 Dale Blwd, Winnipeg, MBFebruary 17, 2016
It's very good experience with my current employer. It is my first employer at Winnipeg, Canada and I found it very friendly environment around the store while on work. I thought it difficult to adjust with new culture and environment however It was proved me wrong and everything was wonderful at work. All my colleague and my manage are very supportive and in just one and half week since I started work I got all knowledge about how to work. I got support from each of them and always we had lots of fun while working which never make me feel than I am new to Canada or to this company and believe me everything going well and I must say that I am perfect just in one month like all other employee of the store. I learn things faster from staff members and few from my mistake at work. I simply consider lucky to have wonderful staff as well as my knowledge to adopt things faster.
Great place to work!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Regina, SKFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: great benefits!
Cons: lots of turnover
Great place to work, and lots of room for advancement. Fun working environment! lots of overtime if short staff. lots of friendly people.
Make food
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2016
I learn how to make food,I learn how to work independently. I also learn how to make food and finish on time. The co-workers are really nice and love me. The hardest part was to clean but I always successful.
fun environment to work in
Certified sales associate (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCJanuary 22, 2016
Pros: free soda and slurpees
Cons: bad management and no coverage for shifts ever
was great to work there but the management was terrible
never had cover for shifts if someone fell ill or had an emergency
good company with high expectations
Store Leader (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 17, 2016
Pros: great benefiets
Cons: 24 hrs a day for low pay
7 Eleven offered me a great opportunity to advance. I love the customer base and the good products offered. This was a great Job for me but it is now taking over my life as it is a 24/7 company so my home work life is very unbalanced.
Good job sercurity and guaranteed hours.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: Free meals.
Cons: The bus schedule in the winter was very unpredictable.
Each day was comforting to stick to a certain routine and completing before the shift was over.

I learned how to process payroll and learned the ordering process of each section of the store for weekly stocking.

Management were very compliant and helpful when learning new skills and processing new tasks.

My fellow co-workers were mostly helpful when help was required.

The hardest part of the job, was leaving to engage back into school for Academic Upgrading, but that decision was well worth it.

The most enjoyable part of the job was engaging in the seasonal sales display it let me expand my imaginations with each display.
fun
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 12, 2016
Cons: roberry danger
fun to work with customer but hard to work nightshift because you will have to interact with mostly drunk, on drugs high customers, theft and many others. must follow the company rules if those incidence were happen.
Easy place to work; not very fun.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: Free food (in the form of write-offs), easy job to do, can be fun depending on who you're with.
Cons: Shift work, non-negotiable hours, no pay raises (management), disrespectful head staff.
What do I even say about this place? The term "slave labor" comes to mind when I think about all of the stuff I did as per the managers request, but for no purpose. I was playing the role of managerial god and in the end I was just a puppet. Let me break this down:

I'd go into work for my 2-10, I'd clock in at the back, I'd walk out to droning coworkers who were only happy to see me because I was relieving them of their duties and that was that. I'd stand at the front for the first 20-30 minutes of a shift, ring people through, help them with anything they needed and that was that. From there I'd be changing garbage, sweeping/mopping the floor, changing out coffee, cleaning up spills and messes throughout the workplace, managing merchandise facing, appropriation and overall display (for the sake of making it harder for people to steal without us noticing), restocking and arranging the vault and at the end of the night... dreaded cash out. It was, suffice it to say, an incredibly easy job (if not grueling to do) and it paid enough with the forty-hours a week it was giving me to make ends meet for the time being.

Now while it doesn't sound so bad, here's the part you haven't heard yet: the manager was not a nice fellow, and he was out to get you - all of you. The issue is that our manager was fairly biased in that he didn't like anyone who wasn't Filipino - like him - and so the color of your skin and the nature of your heritage was a big thing. What could you do about it? Nothing. What did it result in? For me, it resulted in absolutely RIDICULOUS messes in the vault; – more... a scattering of plastic, cardboard and things being misplaced, broken or opened. It was unpleasant, it was unfair and it took up the better half of my time in the vault trying to arrange things and restock them as the day would drag on- which would lead to him yelling at me because I took so long in the vault and had to shirk some of my other duties until it was finished... because then, if I didn't finish it he would yell at me for that and I even got written up for it. What do you do when you can't win?

Something I learned at this job, just like the one that came before it, was how to deal with difficult individuals who aren't at all happy to see you, be near you or even speak to you. There's a special kind of ignorance that breeds in people who are miserable, and unfortunately it's just something you have to accept. At the end of the day, I've taken it upon myself to try and make others in the workplace - be it friend, foe or stranger - happier for what and who they are, where they are and why they're doing whatever it is they're doing. It's a skill I've obtained in the time I've had to cope with all of the buzz regarding a myriad different issues wherein someone is a jerk, usually me even if I'm not.

My coworkers were lazy for the most part, uninspired and not totally willing to fulfill their job duties. I can only speak for one whom went above what I even did. She may as well have been the manager, because she dealt with every single little problem, she did payroll, she did item counts, she dealt with customer disputes, she did it ALL. She was the one coworker I enjoyed working with because she was: fun to be around, agreeable, a little obnoxious but in a good way, hardworking and overall made my life easier. She was the type of coworker you could confide in, lean on or depend upon for anything. A truly admirable worker, and I always aspired to do better and be more to the standard which she held for herself.

In the end, I think that about sums up the experience I had there and what I would say in regards to reviewing it. It's not a nice place, it's not great work... but it is easy, even if easy is relative. – less
It was a fun job!
Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 16, 2015
Pros: Free drinks
Cons: Very busy
It was a good cashier job. Lots of customer service interaction.
Very busy fast paced.
It was a good 8 hour shift.
Fresh food.
Fresh Coffee
Lottery
bigger origination
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 16, 2015
7 eleven is great company to work has plenty of benefits for employees.
in this origination co worker are helping with each other
some time helping each other by changing shifts
It was a fun place to work at. However, the treatment was not the greatest.
Cashier and Stock Person (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 13, 2015
Pros: Free Slurpees
Cons: Multiple hours on your feet
My ex-coworkers were a pleasure to work with! My employers were constantly changing so it was a bit difficult to get to know their expectations of me. My favorite part of my job was that I could interact with customers. Thus, allowing me to explore different aspects of my job.
Very busy and productive . Fun with co-worker on nights.
Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCDecember 5, 2015
Pros: Medical/ Dental
Cons: Working weekends
They really need to improve on the safety of their employees at night . The most enjoyable of my job is meeting new people . Being there to help them out , not just on what they need , but to listen to them. Working with the people I work with at night is the best. We work well as a team.
Great company to work for
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 30, 2015
Pros: Flexible with hours
Cons: Company did some restructuring and closed.
Great working with customers in store and in post office.
Was training for assistant manager position. Managed stock and ordering.
Learn how to cash out, balance and deposit.
Company was challenging and kept you on your feet .
Fast-paced yet fun.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 23, 2015
Pros: Fun work environment
Cons: No cons.
Working at Gunn's Bakery was a learning experience. The owners cared about the employees and were willing to help improve work performance and give tips on increasing productivity.
Busy workplace
Certified Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCNovember 20, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Lazy co-workers
It's always busy. I learned how to deal with different kinds of customers. Some of my co-workers are great but some are lazy. Hardest part is when you deal with fuzzy customer.
10/10
Cashier, Stock, Food Attendant (Former Employee), Victoria, BCNovember 17, 2015
Pros: Frees slurpees and coffee
Ringing through sales, counting lottery and smokes, checking expiry dates, daily temperature check on foods, cleaning.
How to keep track of sales for ordering with a hand held machine.
Co-workers were friendly.
Having to count smokes and lottery while ringing through sales.
Free slurpee day
7-11
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Saskatchewan, ABNovember 13, 2015
Pros: loved the staff
Cons: manager didnt treat us properly
I love the people I worked, i just like how the employees were trained by the manager. they would hold a grudge if you didnt do something properly.
Typical convenience store
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Richmond, BCNovember 10, 2015
Pros: Security of the airport
Cons: Minimum wage
I worked with great, understanding manager. Better keep track of your work hours to cross check with paycheque. Due to its location inside the airport, pay is more than any other store and Female employees work worry free in graveyard shifts.
Fun at work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 6, 2015
Company deals in the retail sector of North America and caters to the diverse demographics when it comes to the customer base.
Headquarters