7-Eleven Employee Reviews in Canada

Demanding
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edson, ABJuly 19, 2016
Not enough money for what the company expects. You are on call 24/7. You need to be every where at once. Deal with customers and not all are sober. Upper management does not understand the day to day stress of the job. No firm company protocol the FC and Market Managers seem to make things up as they go along and you get to many different answers for the same question. No one seems to want to make a decision.
benefits
Cons
no work life balance in fact yu are expected to give up your life and family for the store
I habe fun serving customers but i don't feel safe working at night.
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMay 7, 2016
I worked night shift for 4 years and I learned how to deal with those intoxicated people comes in and out in the store. I'm not happy with the management of the store, they don't care of their staff at all. The hardest part of my job is seeing some people stealing and confronting them, its not nice feeling seeing them like that. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting nice friendly customers.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
not safe working at night
it is a okay work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Colborne, ONFebruary 18, 2016
This job is not the best work place. The other workers and management are very good at working but they do not work as a team and are not always nice to each other
good company with high expectations
Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 17, 2016
7 Eleven offered me a great opportunity to advance. I love the customer base and the good products offered. This was a great Job for me but it is now taking over my life as it is a 24/7 company so my home work life is very unbalanced.
Pros
great benefiets
Cons
24 hrs a day for low pay
Great environment to work in
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 2, 2016
Its a 24 hour open store so the day starts early.
Making food for the display along with cookies that are made daily for sales.
The lottery attracts a lot of customers.
Variety of stuff, from make-up to grocery, you'll get it all at 7-11.

One dollar coffees and slurpees are specialities.
We have a mobile application as well, which provides you every 7th drink on the house.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
Peak hours require 4 sales person at a time
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Port Colborne, ONApril 14, 2016
I came into work, clocked in, counted my cash, and started the shift. Made sure food was properly up to code, and threw out and wrote off any food items that were not good anymore. Manager would leave a note of side jobs for you to do during your shift and itd be completed by the time your shift comes to an end. At the end of my shift, I count my til off, clean the area surrounding you, and make sure all food is up to date before you were to leave your shift.
fun environment to work in
Certified sales associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCJanuary 22, 2016
was great to work there but the management was terrible
never had cover for shifts if someone fell ill or had an emergency
Pros
free soda and slurpees
Cons
bad management and no coverage for shifts ever
A fast paced environment requires multitasking
Certified Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 18, 2016
On some busier days, the workforce seems to be less than required which makes the job a little stressful. There is lot to learn about merchandising, retail and management skills. Conflict with co-workers affects the service of store.
Pros
A lot to learn about retail and merchandising
Cons
Less wage rate
Productive but not a fun place to work.
Store Leader/ Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 16, 2016
I've started as part time sales associate and now I am a store manager, This company helped me a lot about understanding management.There is no such thing as planned day at 7-eleven we have to be ready for surprises at every instance and be ready to deal with the effectively.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Salary
Productive and challenging work dealing with customers
Cashier/ Sales Associate (part- time) (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 27, 2015
Job security is so well aside from the management. It's a wonderful work place to get exposed with different customers with different moods and behaviours...
Pros
Good set of colleagues
Cons
long work standing, unruly customers especially at night
staying on top of all duties
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMay 25, 2016
assisting customers with cashier duties, food preparation. Store cleanliness a major asset. Learned how to run a business in high stress situations involving high clientele. Security tactics in dealing with the public. Most enjoyable part was regular customer appreciation.
Pros
work morale
Cons
wages
Very busy environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABMay 27, 2016
We have a lot of customers that come in for food, gas and other items. We work in a team based environment. A lot of standing, I sometimes feel like my coworkers think they can slack off and that others will pick up the slack. The wage also makes it difficult to pay bills.
Pros
Made some friends
Cons
Low wage, no benefits
bigger origination
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 16, 2015
7 eleven is great company to work has plenty of benefits for employees.
in this origination co worker are helping with each other
some time helping each other by changing shifts
Never Bored
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 20, 2016
As displeased as I was that there was never legitmate breaks whilst working a 8 hour shift I still managed to make sure I ate and I was never not busy so the shift seemed to fly by.
Pros
Great hours, Consistent Schedule, Busy work.
Cons
No Breaks, Bad Management, None reliable employees
Overall, a difficult job.
Certified Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 29, 2016
Enjoyable enough workplace with a lot to do, though workers will find that they are always busy.
Some locations are quite busy and you will not get a break even if you work it out with your co-worker to try and get one as the stores can get very busy quickly.
Employee reviews are done yearly, wage increases are scant and in my personal experience I did not receive one in my first year as I did not contribute enough to food sales which 7-Eleven has a strong focus on trying to sell.
I learnt how to work quickly, precisely, under pressure and politely with a very large customer base, as well as better time management and good forecasting skills for ordering products.
Scheduled shifts are not planned very well if one calls in sick, in some cases an 8 hour day can turn into a 12 hour one.
Some midnight workers are solo through the night but usually after you have worked at the location for some time and management believes you can take it.
The job was difficult but I feel it has taught me a lot, I would not suggest this job to one who would like to take breaks and sit down on the job, you will be on your feet around the cash register working with food products, selling products and keeping things in order around the store for the whole shift on most days.
Pros
Free drinks from the machines (Coffee, Slurpee, Fountain pop)
Cons
Too fast paced for some workers. Work schedule is planned poorly
Co-Workers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJune 25, 2016
My Co-workers at this job had been he best. They have all been very helpful and responsible people. The hard part of Job was dealing with the customers who are not good verbally with the employees.
Pros
Variety of work
Cons
Sometimes it gets hard to satisfay the customers
Busy workplace
Certified Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCNovember 20, 2015
It's always busy. I learned how to deal with different kinds of customers. Some of my co-workers are great but some are lazy. Hardest part is when you deal with fuzzy customer.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Lazy co-workers
Productive Workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (FULL TIME/PART TIME) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 25, 2016
Typical day at work. Help/Assist customers daily for their various needs. Food, Coffee, Snacks, Desserts and Beverage are some of the variety available at the store.
Pros
Good workplace
great to be able to learn all the skills I gained from that job.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Prince Rupert, BCMay 31, 2016
I learned so much computer skills and management qualitites.Machine maintence was learnt. cashing out capablitlty was taught very well.
Pros
hours were very good
Cons
Nothing was free
overall, it was good working @ 7-11
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 16, 2016
Seven-Eleven is very near our place. I had good hours at eight hours a day. I had very good relations with the customers and with my peers.
Pros
free drinks/coffee
Cons
sometimes asked to work grave yard shift