7-Eleven Employee Reviews in Canada

good company with high expectations
Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 17, 2016
7 Eleven offered me a great opportunity to advance. I love the customer base and the good products offered. This was a great Job for me but it is now taking over my life as it is a 24/7 company so my home work life is very unbalanced.
Pros
great benefiets
Cons
24 hrs a day for low pay
Great environment to work in
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 2, 2016
Its a 24 hour open store so the day starts early.
Making food for the display along with cookies that are made daily for sales.
The lottery attracts a lot of customers.
Variety of stuff, from make-up to grocery, you'll get it all at 7-11.

One dollar coffees and slurpees are specialities.
We have a mobile application as well, which provides you every 7th drink on the house.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
Peak hours require 4 sales person at a time
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Port Colborne, ONApril 14, 2016
I came into work, clocked in, counted my cash, and started the shift. Made sure food was properly up to code, and threw out and wrote off any food items that were not good anymore. Manager would leave a note of side jobs for you to do during your shift and itd be completed by the time your shift comes to an end. At the end of my shift, I count my til off, clean the area surrounding you, and make sure all food is up to date before you were to leave your shift.
A fast paced environment requires multitasking
Certified Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 18, 2016
On some busier days, the workforce seems to be less than required which makes the job a little stressful. There is lot to learn about merchandising, retail and management skills. Conflict with co-workers affects the service of store.
Pros
A lot to learn about retail and merchandising
Cons
Less wage rate
Nice work environment, enjoyable time with a bit stress sometimes once the store gets busy during the peck hours and there are no enough worker
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCNovember 2, 2015
I like working in 7-Elevn. It was enjoyable time I spent there. I would li work in 7 Elevn again if i get a chance but not in the same previous store.
I learned a few working steps that are basic and simple to anyone to learn.
Managment level I believe is weak.
co-worker mostly were good except a few people that un-qualify due to the lack of respectful knowledge on working filed.

Hardest part was dealing with drunk customers at night shift and cleaning the mass after some of them.
The most enjoyable part was dealing with smiley faces

Overall it was fun and good experience.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
short brakes
fun environment to work in
Certified sales associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCJanuary 22, 2016
was great to work there but the management was terrible
never had cover for shifts if someone fell ill or had an emergency
Pros
free soda and slurpees
Cons
bad management and no coverage for shifts ever
it is a okay work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Colborne, ONFebruary 18, 2016
This job is not the best work place. The other workers and management are very good at working but they do not work as a team and are not always nice to each other
Fun work with broken promises
Sr. Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 14, 2016
The job is very fun and so much opportunity to learn more. Many times I have had promises broken.

Besides that the coworkers are fun and the customers are fun to get to know. The possibility of robbery can be scary but it's not so bad if you follow rules.
Pros
varying shifts, shift work
Cons
robberies, lots of call-ins
many homeless people i do not feel safe.
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BCMarch 31, 2016
ring in items, general cleaning, stocking of products, making coffee, heating food. I haven't really learned anything. Co-workers complain about whether store is clean or not all the time. If the store is dirty after I leave it doesn't mean I didn't do my job...
DO NOT WORK HERE!!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCApril 23, 2015
would not reccommend this employer to work for as they think you should live at 7 eleven and have high expectations for little hours you can schedule your staff. the training is poor and you dont have time between your busy day to even train.
Pros
Cons
pay low and you have to wait 6 months for benefits.
nice place to work and meet new people
Customer Service Representative/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 10, 2016
i learn proper customer service from this job. I also learn about team work. This place helped me to think about future plan.
Pros
30 min paid break
Cons
tough to work in cooler for long time
Fun, low stress job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oliver, BCSeptember 30, 2015
A typical day was fun and laughter. Employees and customers were always having a good time.

I learned how to work in a fast paced environment. I learned how to calmly deal with very irate customers. I learned to stand my ground when, for instance, someone didn't have ID for buying tobacco.

My managers were awesome people. There is nothing more I can really say.

My co-workers were a bunch of nuts. That's why we all had such fun doing our jobs.

The hardest part of my job was, again, scenarios like having to refuse a tobacco sale. I once got called a very derogatory name 12 times in under 2 minutes and I just shook my hear and said "You can call me every name in the book sir, but it's not going to change the real fact here that I still cannot sell you tobacco."

The best part of my job was when a customer would come into the store not wearing a smile and would leave grinning from ear to ear. That always made my day.
Pros
Free beverages
Cons
Graveyards
fun with happy customers
Night shift assissant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 12, 2016
busy, co-workers great funny and able to keep the night going fast knowing we made it another safe night. I learned a lot about becoming an assistant manager. I enjoyed getting to the customers
Productive, motivated, fast paced environment
Sr. Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 15, 2016
Daily store operation
Staff belive in Team work
It’s pretty challenging. Good place for training and performance
Management is good supportive, friendly co-workers
Productive work enviorment
Sales. merchandising, customer service (Former Employee) –  EdmontonMay 7, 2015
Great work hours, worked as a team, and the wage was good and the befifits. alway learning something new. It was fun working there.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
dealing with theft
Best for initial Job
CERTIFIED ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
gas station is fast physical active job that i like, car wash is also a one of the very good earning that i concentrate. i maintained full shelf merchandise with new products.
hardworking and enjoyable
Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 7, 2016
The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult clients when asking for their identification to purchase certain items.
Pros
free drinks, benefits
Cons
long hours, not enough pay
Consistently busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 20, 2015
Overall I enjoyed the people I was around. However because of short staffing I would be called in at 10 pm to work a overnight shift. I would show up rain or shine if I got a call to come in but never did I get a raise or even the day off I would schedule off months in advance. However it was a pleasant experience and I learnt alot from it.
Too much work load
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 27, 2016
My this job is ok. why because too much work load on one person.but my co workers are very nice and helpful. same thing again every day i meet different peoples.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
enough hours
It was a fun place to work at. However, the treatment was not the greatest.
Cashier and Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 13, 2015
My ex-coworkers were a pleasure to work with! My employers were constantly changing so it was a bit difficult to get to know their expectations of me. My favorite part of my job was that I could interact with customers. Thus, allowing me to explore different aspects of my job.
Pros
Free Slurpees
Cons
Multiple hours on your feet