7-Eleven Employee Reviews

temporary
Server (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON3 September 2017
The people i had to work with werent very kind. I ended up leaving 711 because of that very reason. I enjoy working with others and i usually always get along with them,.
An ok place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK30 August 2017
Hours are decent for the most part. Scheduling is fairly flexible. The environment is positive and friendly. No benefits unless you're full time. Everyone manages their time well.
Flexible and friendly.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC30 August 2017
What you will experience is entirely based on who you will be working with and who you will be working for. Usually good people will be for both but there will be times where you will find yourself alone.
Pros
Free drinks and food.
Great company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK30 August 2017
Worked with one other worker most nights .
Great benefits paid sick days
High volume on weekends and lots of shoplifting to watch out for.
I enjoyed it
Pros
Employee discount paid sick days
Worst Employer of all time
Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 August 2017
Get ready to give up your entire life and slave away day and night for bare minimum compensation. This company should be completely banned and illegal! They take full advantage of their managers and all staff and treat them like complete garbage.
Pros
NOTHING - give up your entire life and be their bi-tch
Cons
Everything is a CON
Everyone was so welcoming.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB21 August 2017
My bose was kind and the co worker were nice abd help full. There was always two people working. I leaned how to deal with drink people in the store.
Pros
I liked the people i worked with.
Cons
Didn't have time to do everything you had to.
Great job, but lacking in management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON17 August 2017
It was a great job which I thoroughly enjoyed and loved my midnight schedule. However, the manager was not someone I recommend working for. She was very verbally abusive to her staff and assistant manager and broke many policies. It was quite corrupt in those terms, but a great job outside her presence.
Ok
355 Henderson Highway - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 August 2017
Promises of advancement are always put off for something else. Request one weekend off for the whole summer and the promise of having it is removed because management forgot. Then it depends on someone else to cover for you if your allowed to still have it. Management hard ever comes in when someone doesn't show and no one else will come in.
Not a very good company to work for
Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 August 2017
Very limited hours. Never the same hours. Sometimes only given a couple hours notice of schedule change. Management isn't very well done. Could pay alot better.
Pros
shifts go by fast as its usually steady work
Cons
no breaks, limited hours
Learning plce for new comer, great benifits for emloyee.public dealing
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 August 2017
As i have experience of working in 7eleven more than two years,I really enjoyed,because of the friendly behavior of the co worker,it was my first job in Canada as new comer but I was very much impressed by patien of the store leader for training me.i learned how to deal with customer ,because it's a public dealings place. There are other many places where one can learn customer service or public dealings but in 7eleven you can learn more than thate,At the same time you dealings customer, you are making food,counting cash and much more. I have some bad experience working in night shift alone because of drunk and bad guys. However 7eleven is nice place to work.
Its good to learn Inventory Management
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 August 2017
Learning how to order the items and to know the products available in the market according to the current situations going around and helping the company to balance the budget. How to manage the employees and customers in the busy timing and to learn to be polite is the major part of the experience.
Pros
Customer service
Cons
Less salary, No relation with study and work.
You get out of it what you give
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 August 2017
No balance between work and home, hard to find reliable workers, clumsy ordering system , difficult to grasp,
Have to deal with very difficult people , street people, shop lifters, drug dealers, drive offs
Pros
free slurpees
Fun work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK14 August 2017
Had fun working at 7-Eleven i filled the coolers took out trash
Cleaned the parking lot mopped floors great staff great work place great hours and good pay
Pros
Great staff
Only for those new comers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  tinseltown14 August 2017
I can say these upon my experience with this company i worked for them for 3 years and the ideas i have in life is only stock in my brain and this job is not for those people with family like me
just a starting job to brush up your communication skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 August 2017
its just a regular job with billing and coking mainly as the responsibilities. proper rules need to be followed regarding the food safety and heath standards. sometimes you need to do some cleaning and stocking. everyone is distributed equal amount of work. it helps you to enhance your communication skills and sometimes some problem solving skills too.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
not much scope
Unorganized very little insentive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC10 August 2017
I have only been working there a short time but it seems that management is very unorganized. They do not give you very much incentive and change you schedule without asking you or letting you know. over all not the best place to work. Yes they have benefits but that seems to be the only good thing to working there.
Pros
employees are great
Cons
no discounts no breaks
Not how the media portrays it at all
Certified Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC9 August 2017
I went into working at 7-Eleven expecting it to be like you see in the movies: staffed by burnouts, dirty, suspect and wrinkled "foodstuffs" rolling away on the grill. That could not be further from the truth. My coworkers were amazing, and we all truly worked together as a team. Every single transaction and keystroke is meticulously recorded and analyzed to better track inventory, and reach higher sales targets. My manager was tough but fair, and gave me a lot of freedom to be creative with how things were done.The workplace benefits are nothing to shake your head at; regular raises, company wide incentives for achieving sales goals, medical and dental benefits after a certain point. The emphasis on cleanliness and adhering to health and safety codes is beyond anything I've ever experienced. I absolutely loved working there, and the hardest part of the job ended up being leaving it.
Dont work in Saskatoon area.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 August 2017
Its good company to work. You learn a lot about business. Just a suggestion dont work in Saskatoon area. I'm saying that because the Market manager and Fc of the area are worst boss you will ever work for. They have no idea how to treat employees and how to motivate them.
They will just complaint without even knowing the reason. They shout on you in front of customers. They dont respect your hard work.
Pros
Learn a lot.
Cons
Upper management specially Market manager and FC
productive and fun loving
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC5 August 2017
A typical day at work is like dealing with a lot of customer and can gain valuable communication skills. The most enjoyable part of the job is to deal with customers and solve there problems
Not a Great company to work. Higher management sucks.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 August 2017
I will say you learn a lot at working this place. But really management above Store manager makes it very hard to survive in the company. Specially if you working in Saskatoon, Regina and surrounding area it is nightmare to work in this company because the Market manager and Fc are so rude and unaware of whats going in store.
Pros
So far none. Unless you like free slurpees.
Cons
Everything about 7-Eleven

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 7-Eleven. Our community is ready to answer.