7-Eleven Employee Reviews

Productive workplace with always having something to do
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON26 February 2017
A usual day at work contained a moderate list of things to do which normally would take about 6 hours to complete on a busy day with customers, etc. The hardest part of the job is the location, you could run into sketchy people that constantly steal, or like to start drama, or there are the most friendly locals that come in everyday for their coffee. One of the most enjoyable parts of this job were listening to peoples stories and looking at their smiles, always set the mood in for the rest of the morning.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Free Soft Drinks, Free Coffee.
Cons
Being around hot food all the time and not being able to eat it.
Very busy environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB27 May 2016
We have a lot of customers that come in for food, gas and other items. We work in a team based environment. A lot of standing, I sometimes feel like my coworkers think they can slack off and that others will pick up the slack. The wage also makes it difficult to pay bills.
Pros
Made some friends
Cons
Low wage, no benefits
It is a good place to work in, good friendly colleagues to work with, and my manager is a really good person.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 September 2016
To be honest, 7-Eleven is good place to work in. I get to meet new people every few seconds and get to interact with them. Co-workers are really helpful and the manager is great and understanding. The hardest part of the job is that, there is no break between the 8 hours shift. An allocated break of 30 minutes would be really helpful and refreshing. It would be really hard to write everything I have learned here, some points would be, handling the till while making sure all the coffees are good and every thing is clean and tidy.Most enjoyable part of the job would be learning new things every single day and meeting random new people and being a part of their lives.
Pros
Good management
Cons
No Allocated break within the 8 hours shift
It is good competitive environment to work in
Inventory Management (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC11 January 2017
There is a lot to learn from working in a 7-Eleven store. Like it get everything gas station, food and daily use commodities. A person can learn a lot inventory and cash management by working there. At the first time everything seems to be difficult but with time you get to know it and become good. The most amazing part was that there is something new that can be learnt on a new day.
busy busy busy
Cashier/Customer Service/Cook (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC15 February 2017
I truly enjoyed this job and wish i was still there. lots of customer service and just as many chores, shifts fly by. cook, clean smile and help your customers as well as your co-workers.keep track of lotteries/cigs and cash on a time frame basis. place orders for stock. accept orders, put away(old to front), face store products always. stock everything always.clean as you stock, essential. and most importantly SELL SELL SELL the hot foods, which are always growing and changing. like I said shifts fly by!
Pros
my boss/ customers
Cons
trying to get everything done in time
Good place with good customers and emploees
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 December 2016
Enjoyed my job here and really looked forward to seeing my customers every day. I had terrific employees and miss them. As a Manager if your employees did not show up for work and there was no one else to replace them the managers did the time. This was the only draw back to the job.
Pros
customers were great
Cons
A great place to learn customer service
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 May 2016
It is a place to be creative to create friendships. And the opportunity for advancement. IT IS A PLACE OF HARD WORK, FAST PACED AND THERE WILL BE NO CHANCE FOR A COFFEE OR LUNCH BREAK
The manager is the person you have to admire they have had to work hard for the position and can show a great deal of stress. A person will do well if you do what you are told if not it will turn your experience to a living h***.
The chance to change store location can be a change for the better but they may ware you out before it is worth it.

It is an industry with a high STAFF turnover.

Like any workplace there is time and enjoyment of gossip and bulling. If its not your thing stay away from it and you'll be a great co-worker.
Pros
YOUR PAY CHECK IS DEPOSITED DIRECTLY TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT
Cons
DO NOT EXPECT PAY INCREASES TO BE OFTEN OR WORTH YOUR WHILE
Poor management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada6 February 2017
Poor management with no accountability. Disorganized and reactionary...should be union because it is over wrought with union mentality. Needs "new blood" to make some big changes - maybe new CEO will see that.
Pros
if you are okay with being mediocre you can stick around for 20+ years
Cons
if you are not okay with being less than the best it is frustrating and spirit killing
its much hard job for people who's starting
Handling cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 February 2017
fun work
not much hard
its near in my place so its easy for me
good people to work with
good schedule for mother like me
working hours is not enough most of the time is less
Pros
free drinks
Cons
sometimes hours is less
Productive at work and learning
Supervisor/Cashier, Part time (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2017
7-Eleven is place where you meet different kinds of people as a cashier.so apart from work, i have learned how to deal and understand the requirements of people as they approach me.

It was my first place to work in Canada, which taught me everything about the great country.
Pros
Good management
Sl
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 June 2016
I worked with 7-11 for 9 years a store manager and I quit last month because its a night mare to work for them lots of demands and even if you work 12 hours per day is not enough, no appreciation and even thank you for a good job.

when I asked why am not getting mu bonus the answer was there is a glitch in the system.

every one I worked with they feel bad and are looking for another job.

and every time they feel you are about to quit they will feed me the same old song for nine ( we will franchise our stores just wait until next year).

if you can find another job, do not work for this company.
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, lots to do, high turn over, demanding, once they know you need them, they will take advantage of you
Always something to do
Senior Certified Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  450 ryan road7 February 2017
Good place to work if you dont have a family otherwise management has to much control over pay and they do not care much about employee health.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
management
reputable company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB25 October 2016
they have organised training plans for new hires, fast-paced environment with constant customer interactions.
my manager oversee her need with manpower and apparently she hired too many which affected my schedule drastically since i only worked part time & was hired few months ago.
hardest part maybe dealing with old staffs who were there almost forever because they are so used with what they were doing, they are hesitant to follow the standard and they are always complaining about their jobs.
the enjoyable part is to be able to meet new people as our customers and be able to give them the customer service they deserve.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no hours
interesting place to work
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC14 September 2016
There was always so much to do there. I liked how busy it was. I worked every shift there from time to time. I was acting assistant manager a lot because there wasn't always an assistant manager at that store. I did everything from placing orders, to bank deposits and balancing the cash. I received orders, and put them away. I was the one everyone would call when there was a problem.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
long hours, very busy location
Working with good people and helping customers.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 October 2016
Working at 7/11 was quite a learning experience, learning how to handle people that were drinking and handling hard tasks with quickly.
The co-workers were okay...well some were, what I learned about them is that its not good to keep certain thing from the boss.
I thing the hardest part about working there is dealing with the shoplifters, I had to write down every single thing that they took, then calling the head office to report it, it was unnecessary.
Pros
meeting new people and getting to know them
Cons
The co-workers were sneaking around and getting into truoble and I was getting blamed for it.
up beat and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 January 2017
we served customers sotcked shelf and did invitory counts. I leraned too all was show up for the job willing and able to do the task that are needed. Cleaning the public washrooms. leraned from my management that not everything goes according to plan and you may need to find another way.
Pros
good shift
Cons
not enough money
Awful
Night shift sales associate (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB16 December 2016
Worst company to work for if you are english speaking and know your rights you'd understand how this bad this place is long hours lying bosses rude customers
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Reasonable work place
Certified Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chetwynd, BC10 March 2017
Typical day aside from serving customers is a lot of cleaning. The management in the locations I worked were good. Hardest part was dealing with the trouble customers and shoplifters.
Pros
Decent and steady hours
Cons
No control over whom you deal with
hardworking and enjoyable
Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 April 2016
The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult clients when asking for their identification to purchase certain items.
Pros
free drinks, benefits
Cons
long hours, not enough pay
Worst place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 September 2016
Forced to do night shiftsss....not at all adjusting management...worst place to work!! Very bad management....u have to do alot of work extra
Pros
Cons
Long hours, forced work, night shifts alone

71%