7-Eleven

2.3K reviews

7-Eleven Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
flexible job with room for advancement
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Camrose, ABJune 24, 2014
Pros: flexible shifts, medical benefits
Cons: open 24 hrs 365 days a year so must work christmas day as it is a very busy day
When fully staffed and things are going smoothly very flexible hours to accommodate the staff. There is plenty of room for advancement for employees willing to learn and many aspects to the job to keep from being bored at work.
Most of the staff are very flexible and helpful. They try their best to be helpful and put new employees at ease with a willingness to answer any questions. For the most part cheery staff who make a fun yet productive work day. The customers are incredible.
The hardest part of the job is covering for the less reliable employees which the company is working on
Nice work environment, enjoyable time with a bit stress sometimes once the store gets busy during the peck hours and there are no enough worker
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCNovember 2, 2015
Pros: Free coffee
Cons: short brakes
I like working in 7-Elevn. It was enjoyable time I spent there. I would li work in 7 Elevn again if i get a chance but not in the same previous store.
I learned a few working steps that are basic and simple to anyone to learn.
Managment level I believe is weak.
co-worker mostly were good except a few people that un-qualify due to the lack of respectful knowledge on working filed.

Hardest part was dealing with drunk customers at night shift and cleaning the mass after some of them.
The most enjoyable part was dealing with smiley faces

Overall it was fun and good experience.
It depends on your manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: can work up to management with ease
Cons: 7-11 believes everyone steals and you are constantly being watched
I worked for 7-11 for 10 years in the #2805 I had many managers and I found that the work environment really depended on how good your manager is! The main thing that you need to remember is that 7-11 believes that everyone steals and sets up a good system to catch any staff theft. The pay starts off horrible but you can work yourself up to a good wage!! The 1st five years were amazing and I quite enjoyed it! Then there where major changes and I spent the last 5 years trying to like my job again!! I have heard that there are different field consultants now for 2805 I don't know if those changes got better or not!!
Excellent place to serve people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 29, 2015
Pros: Free slurpee and coffee for employees
Cons: Always available for work
I maintained store, and delivered customer service almost every night, always available in case of other coworkers non availability, I learnt a lot from 7-Eleven, like how to maintain a store, handle cash, customer service, inventory management, performance management. I found excellent store managers, the stores was managed by qualified professionals and exceed their goals most of the time, i found my coworkers, supportive and flexible. The hardest part of my job was to stay focus in night shift and provide accurate, fast customer service; and the most enjoyable part was to enjoy free Slurpee and coffee.
fun and able to lurn new stuff
Sales Associate/Late Night Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 6, 2014
working at 7-eleven was interasting and fun as you got to deal with the public alot. You lurnt to deal with cash, cashout, cook, make sandwiches, do ordering for the store and i got to help train new staff. The management was great and helpful when you had to ask about different things that where new.
The hardest part of the job was working late night by yourself at times because someone called in sick and there was no one to cover for them.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the different things that you could earn from different compations of who could sale the most slurpees or something along that line
Typical Convenience Store with Atypical people.
Certified Sales Associate (Former Employee), Peterborough, OntarioJune 4, 2013
Pros: free beverages
Cons: trying to get everything done when one person is making sandwiches.
I found the people who work there to be very friendly and helpful. Very understanding.

The biggest change from my previous work experiences in a convenience store was the gas. Everything else was fairly easy.

It is a good place to work when communication happens, difficult when someone gets grumpy over something and does not bother to work it out.

The other part of working at 7-Eleven I like is that I had a chance to advance, and was on my way of doing so until we got the news we were closing the store.
Learned good customer service
Sales Cashier (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 21, 2013
Each day I worked, I enjoyed with Co-workers, Customers and Management. I never take the stress on mind while working. I learned good customer care. The hardest part of the job is to deal with drunk and shop lifting customers. The enjoyable part of the job is I know the many of the regular customers stuff (cigarets package, brand, lotteries etc.). So, fun part is upon their arriving to store's front door, I greet them. I make there stuff ready to ring up on tills. When they saw me doing this everyday with them. They delivered me good comments, "Awesome", Good Man", "You are a Brain Reader", "Great job", "Intelligent" etc.
Great work environment
Senior Sales Associate/Assistant Manager Trainee (Current Employee), Burlington, ONAugust 26, 2014
Working with 7-Eleven taught me how to handle upset customers, how to deal with shortages, ordering as well as some management training. My co-workers were all great to work with, everyone was hard working and we did our best to work as a team to achieve the goals set out for us. I learned how to complete some assistant manager tasks, such as paperwork, deposits, scheduling, interviewing and productive counselling of other employees. I absolutely loved the regulars that came into the store. That was my favourite part, to see devoted customers come in every single day.
It is an excellent place to grow professionally if an individual is sufficiciently motivated and enlightened.
Associate (Current Employee), Tsawwassen, BC, CanadaMay 5, 2013
7-Eleven is a huge enterprise and presents several opportunities for self growth. My own example of having being able to generate two excellent papers on their business and operational philosophies justifies that.

However, the greatest feature is the opportunity to cut across a customer base that makes working there a particularly personal and an exhilarating experience. There are challenges, of course, and the biggest is to be able to handle much of the work in a fast-paced customer friendly environment.
with my 6 months in the company, i only have good words for the team
Cook (Current Employee), Lloydminster, SKMarch 14, 2013
Basically, our job is more on customer interaction on a day to day basis.Greet customer according to the time of the day, serve them, give all your best and from them I'm really learning a lot. So far, as my past experience at Tim Hortons i had the best management team here at 7-11, very accommodating, a family indeed! My co-workers we're one team achieving one goal, without them all our vision and mission will not be carry out! I find cooking and lifting heavy things as the hardest part of my job but the most enjoyable part of the job is you can learn new things everyday.
I loved dealing with the public
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 18, 2012
Pros: lots of pay raises based on performance
Cons: working nights sleeping during day
Do cash in, serve customers, order ,recieve deliveries,resolving problems ensuring the customer is happy. I learned the skills to work night shift and make decisions without a manager around(did not want to be disturbed at night). Management trusted me to make executive decisions without there help. We were pretty much left alone. My co-worker was great and we worked well togeather.The hardest part of the job was having to sleep during day. Most enjoyable was customers.
a typical day at work
Temporary Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Golden, BCMay 3, 2012
Pros: enjoying the meeting of different people
Cons: not being trained properly to run, operate a convenience store
A typical day was going to work and opening safe, balancing cash, making sure chicken was on time. what i learned is that one has to be properly trained to run a c-store. co-workers were ok, would have been better if i wasn't friends with them before i was asked to be a temporary store manager. the hardest part of this job, was that i feel i wasn't trained properly to run and operate a convenience store. The most enjoyable part was the different people i met.
Working at 7-Eleven was good. The people that I worked with were great and working with customers was also great
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ajax, ONJanuary 2, 2014
I resumed most times at 7 am, cleaned the store, arranged the goods in the store, made food and drinks available to customers and cashed out the purchases.
I learnt more about how food should really be handled and the different things that go into running a store.
The management was great and my co-workers were great people
The hardest part of the job was trying to finish all my duties before the end of my shift.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with customers
Needs alot of time to adapt the work culture
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 16, 2015
Pros: nice place to learn multitasking
Cons: managers should be trained to work under pressure
the day starts with lots of work which is very good part like cleaning the store and make it look fabulous.
i learnt to manage my time under hectic pressure
management was not that good, it could have been a better to work if the manager was adjustable.
co-workers were very good
hard part of the job was nothing. it is a easy job to do but always with a good manager
most enjoyable part of the job was with the register
honesty, hard work,punctuality,teem work and good customer service
sales associate (Former Employee), 57 knight Vancouver, BCOctober 20, 2012
Pros: free coffee once a day
Cons: i have a capacity of working 10 hours at astretch
no typical day
I learned hard work,discipline,Greeting help &attrect customers,to take responsability,
making coffee ,stocking goods,price changing &labeling
I always listned ,help & got openion from co-workers
Mainting fresh coffee with counter sale by only self is always hardest part of the job
back reply [YOU TOO}from customers after have good day to customer is always most enjoyable part of the job
Fun job, TERRIBLE manager.
Sales executive (Former Employee), Brandon, MBApril 9, 2013
Pros: free food/drinks, good regular customers, busy but not overwhelming.
Cons: double shifts, terrible manager
I really enjoyed working with 7-11 but the Manager at the 26th street location was TERRIBLE. She would let employees steal, call in last minute or wouldn't deal with employees who would ditch their shifts with no notice. This is the only location that has been robbed in Brandon, the manager lets her employees be left alone over night or be stuck working double shifts because she can't discipline employees properly.
Long years of multiple experiences and hold high integrity jobs .
Audit supervisor . (Former Employee), GTADecember 31, 2014
Cons: i can do up 12 hours / day
Start early morning, stop for lunch, the resume work till 4.00 PM.
Learned Varieties of experiences, easily gets along with the others, gained patience and positive communications skills from the supervisory auditing Job.
Commitment, punctuality and listen more than talk .
I do not be leave that there is a hardest part and easiest parts of jobs, but it is a matter of adaptation, and any job takes a while to get familiar with, just to follow the policies
My experience
Sales Associate Representative (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 10, 2013
Pros: good place to work
Cons: always busy
• Provided excellent customer service
• Attended to customer inquiries and applied sales skills
• Operating the cash registry and performed various store duties
• Checking and receiving the inventory
• Cash out and balancing the cash float
• Finished 7-Eleven’s computer-based training program for store employees
• Finished computer training on various modules such as, tobacco products, potential inhalants and other age-restricted products, and lottery tickets
It is fun place to work for meeting different customers
7 eleven certified sales Associate (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKMay 28, 2015
Pros: pays for our breaktime
Cons: N/A
I have known most of work within 2weeks
training.
It is interesting for co workers who've
worked there over an year asks me where
the producks were.
As per co-workers, they have there own minds
and some are so lazy and just want to kill the
time.
Not really hard work for I know most of it
and if new employees come, I train them all
myself.
Most enjouable part of the job was meeting
regular cusromers and meeting new customers.
Friendly place to work with a lot of advancement opportunities.
Assistant Manager/Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great dental and medical benifits.
Cons: unexpected hours
I started as an entry level employee, I worked hard and showed that I wanted to have more responsibilities so I asked to move up to the next level in the team and my managers were very happy to help me achieve my goal. I continued all the way to Certified Assistant Manager with in two years of my start date. If you want to move up, there is always an opportunity waiting for you.
Industry