7-Eleven

7-Eleven Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 24, 2015
Serving customers and cashing them out. up selling whats on sale to customers.can be a great job depending on your manager. Not much chance for advancement even though you are told there is in interview.
DO NOT WORK HERE!!
Store Manager (Current Employee), Prince George, BCApril 23, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: pay low and you have to wait 6 months for benefits.
would not reccommend this employer to work for as they think you should live at 7 eleven and have high expectations for little hours you can schedule your staff. the training is poor and you dont have time between your busy day to even train.
Awesome Company
Project Recruiter (Current Employee), Worked with staff from Alberta and SaskatchewanApril 19, 2015
Pros: Great People
Cons: None I can think of
Worked contract as a Project Recruiter and I can not say enough great things about this company. They were fantastic and a real joy to work with. Wish my contract didn't end!
Needs alot of time to adapt the work culture
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 16, 2015
Pros: nice place to learn multitasking
Cons: managers should be trained to work under pressure
the day starts with lots of work which is very good part like cleaning the store and make it look fabulous.
i learnt to manage my time under hectic pressure
management was not that good, it could have been a better to work if the manager was adjustable.
co-workers were very good
hard part of the job was nothing. it is a easy job to do but always with a good manager
most enjoyable part of the job was with the register
a typical job of a manager
Store Manager (Former Employee), calgary abApril 7, 2015
Pros: free coffe
Cons: long hours and suprise shifts
Work at 7 Eleven was a little busy it was hard to balance home life and work life because there would be a lot of phone calls at home about absence and I would have to call other employees to see if they could fill in if not I would have to fill in myself. Typical job of a manager who works at a convince store. Job creates street and some people cannot take it.
i enjoy working with my co-worker
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Drayton Valley, ABMarch 16, 2015
Pros: free drinks
Cons: they give firm time and decision
I enjoy what is my task with them, they give me fix schedule and giving me consideration especially because i have a baby. People around me (my co-worker) are being nice and working as a team.
Fun Atmosphere, Heavy workload
Customer Service Attendant (Current Employee), London, ONMarch 11, 2015
Was a very repetitive job that part I enjoyed, a lot of work needed to be done in one shift which could also be hard at times with not much time or help, something that can also be difficult. I enjoyed all my co-workers I enjoy people a lot.
Consistently busy
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 20, 2015
Overall I enjoyed the people I was around. However because of short staffing I would be called in at 10 pm to work a overnight shift. I would show up rain or shine if I got a call to come in but never did I get a raise or even the day off I would schedule off months in advance. However it was a pleasant experience and I learnt alot from it.
IT WAS OKAY
Cashier (Former Employee), Spruce Grove, ABFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: free fountain drinks
Cons: bullies amongst staff
I really enjoyed working for 7- Eleven until one employee really started coming down on and bullying me. So I had left there, but I would go back to working for 7-Eleven any day. Maybe a different location though
Fast paced
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 6, 2015
Busy day, lots of things to take care of, good at multitasking that makes work easier, friendly and supportive co workers, hardest part of the job: Fresh food, most enjoyable part of the job: meeting different friendly people each day.
Its good to be part of 7-Eleven
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: very good learning experience
Cons: you hardly get time to take break and have your food.
My typical day was when i had given new lady to help me, she hardly know English and was not good with cash handling. So i took a lead and watch her transaction also and also have to keep eye on Gas pumps and rest of the store. I taught her and made her comfortable with the job duties, here i find Leadership quality in me.
Co-workers are very friendly and we have great fun while working. My hardest part of the job is doing night shifts as i am the only guy working and whole store is on me, so i have to take care of everything going around the store. The most enjoyable part of my job is to chat with customers. I like to talk with them and try to build social relations so they give maximum business to our store.
It depends on your manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: can work up to management with ease
Cons: 7-11 believes everyone steals and you are constantly being watched
I worked for 7-11 for 10 years in the #2805 I had many managers and I found that the work environment really depended on how good your manager is! The main thing that you need to remember is that 7-11 believes that everyone steals and sets up a good system to catch any staff theft. The pay starts off horrible but you can work yourself up to a good wage!! The 1st five years were amazing and I quite enjoyed it! Then there where major changes and I spent the last 5 years trying to like my job again!! I have heard that there are different field consultants now for 2805 I don't know if those changes got better or not!!
It's an all-around work that will enhance your capabilities/skills.
Food Service Counter Attendant (Former Employee), Slave Lake, ABJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: free pops and slush
Cons: too tiring shift...
It's a 24-hours store operation. I worked at the till and usually afternoon shift. Sometimes I worked morning, evening or even in the kitchen if they're short of staff.

I learned how to be independent and on-stop decision making mostly when supervisor or manager is not in.

Management is good, we have designated task everyday so that everyone could contribute to the store cleanliness and organized.

There's no hard part of the job, it's just like you should love what your doing. Oh i remember, lifting is one of the hardest thing among girl staff because they have to carry or lift like a cases of pop for shelvings.

the most enjoyable part of the job is that we can communicate with the customers. have fun dealing with them and making a happy community.
My review
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: not at my main store, but one of the other stores i worked at has a great team spirit approach to the job.
Cons: manager and district manager who do not listen properly
I worked at three of the stores in Hamilton. My former manager is not very competent at his job which is part of the reason I quit. He worked for the company about six months longer than I did. A manager who has been working for the company for 15+ years as well as one of her assistant managers who has been working for the company for 15+ years as well would both like to hire me as they know I am a great employee to have on their team. Actions my former manager did include preventing them from hiring me. Some of the actions he did was let me take the blame for something he did on a regular basis (and I was the employee who caught his mistake and fixed it). A district manager who grossly violated the ESA. Like my former manager she has only been working for the company about a year or two longer than I had. She also proved that she does not listen very well and instead gets in her head what she thinks is 'the truth' and she then has as much listening comprehension as a wall does from that point forward. Her very own actions proved to this be true about her.

I was in line to be one of the assistant managers. My manager expected me to get other employees to get stuff done. He also told other employees that they did not need to listen to me. When I asked him directly about this he went into evasive politician mode.
Productive and fast paced workplace
Certified Senior Sales Associative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 22, 2015
Being a Senior Certified sales associate I've earned further knowledge in guest service, money management, etc.
career advancement 7 eleven is one of the most company that give opportunity to its people
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), calgaryJanuary 20, 2015
dealing with different types of people.
retail ordering and paperwork
supportive even the field consultant are very easy to reach with
are fun to work with
Grocery orders
Learning new things
N/A
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: management
Cons: long hours
Management was good, they really care about you and worked around your schedules. Worked independently most of the time. Usually was told of chance of advancement but that never happened.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................
loved the clients
Store Manager (Current Employee), Drayton Valley, ABJanuary 15, 2015
Cons: long hours
work hours much to long for a manager
lack of support from my superior
long long days with no acknowledgement
co workers could change daily
keeping up with the demands of the company
the clients
Was Good til they changed management
Cashier (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: awesome coworkers
Cons: changed staff
- had a constant work schedule
- was appreciated for the work I had done
- coworkers and I had a system to make sure everything got done within out shift
- Regular customers loved us

Working here was awesome, until they went and changed all the management. After that all the original staff got treated poorly, so in the end everyone quit.
7- Eleven
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Smithers, BCJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: my boss, was fair
Cons: assistant managers, were lazy
I loved working for 7- Eleven, but there choice in Management wasn't that good, as i worked there 5 years and did just as much as they did

1 2 3 4 5

About 7-Eleven

"If convenience stores are open 24 hours, why the locks on their doors?" If anyone knows, it's 7-Eleven. The North American subsidiary – Read more