7-Eleven Employee Reviews

Very decent place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MB27 August 2016
Decent at the start, but slowly turned worse. Started with good hours, but then was dropped; and forced to work nights mostly alone whilst robberies were becoming more common. I loved working when i started, but slowly turned away from it due to physical and emotional problems, and added stress of not fulfilling a decent salary quota for my living. Typical days where to get to work an hour early, help previous shift clean up and prep for my shift, count tills before starting, punch in, serve customers, clean after bad customers, get berated by drunks and rude customers, fear that at any moment i'd get robbed, find out that there were shoplifters, clean, prep food, clean, be bored, and find opened food and drink hidden away in cooler.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, friendly taxi drivers as customers.
Cons
Drunks, Unsafe, Felt unwanted as an employee, Eating expired food is theft and grounds for forced leave.
Demanding
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB19 July 2016
Not enough money for what the company expects. You are on call 24/7. You need to be every where at once. Deal with customers and not all are sober. Upper management does not understand the day to day stress of the job. No firm company protocol the FC and Market Managers seem to make things up as they go along and you get to many different answers for the same question. No one seems to want to make a decision.
benefits
Cons
no work life balance in fact yu are expected to give up your life and family for the store
Fast paced work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 November 2016
A typical work day was customer based interacting. ie sales and services , it's a fast paced work environment.
In my years of service I have learned to deal with many diverse people, treating anyone the same .. Business class or other wise.
Th hardest part of the job is the continuous standing, we are human and need to sit at some point.
The part I most enjoyed about the job in the customer interaction.
Would I recommend this job to anyone.. The answer to that is YES .
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No breaks
It was a job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB3 September 2016
I worked the cashier and spent time cleaning up and cooking good when we had no customers. It was a decent job, but paid horribly, the hours were harsh, and was in a really dangerous neighbourhood with junkies coming in every night. So, when I saved up some money, I gave my two weeks and took some time off to study.
Pros
Plenty of hours, good co-workers, good learning experience
Cons
Minimal benefits, poor pay, horrible neighbourhood
room for advancement, fast paced and great benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC16 November 2016
I enjoyed working at 7-11 they had great benefits as well as career advancement. I felt that we were under staffed when we moved into our new location which made things difficult at times
best place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC2 December 2016
medical benefits
good wage
best place to work
good and clean atmosphere
management is so helpful
my manager help me in my hard times as well.
hardest part of the job is it goes boring for the long time
proper shifts
Terrible and unfair workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2016
Very racially segregated company. No support from management for advancement. Salary is terrible. Complained to HR several times about the company and got no feedback.
Productive but not a fun place to work.
Store Leader/ Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 July 2016
I've started as part time sales associate and now I am a store manager, This company helped me a lot about understanding management.There is no such thing as planned day at 7-eleven we have to be ready for surprises at every instance and be ready to deal with the effectively.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Salary
nice and compensable job
FULLTIME SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  philippines23 August 2016
7eleven is a very good company. they give you a full benefits and compensation. management and co workers are friendly and reliable. sometimes working on this 24 hours convenience store is scary because of roberry.
Pros
free foods
Challenging
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2016
So far I love working at 7eleven. They ahve good benefits and the manager is so nice to the employees. The bad thing I hate about is your life is in danger because of the shoplifters and bad customers.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Shoplifters and violent customers
Very busy environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB27 May 2016
We have a lot of customers that come in for food, gas and other items. We work in a team based environment. A lot of standing, I sometimes feel like my coworkers think they can slack off and that others will pick up the slack. The wage also makes it difficult to pay bills.
Pros
Made some friends
Cons
Low wage, no benefits
A great place to learn customer service
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 May 2016
It is a place to be creative to create friendships. And the opportunity for advancement. IT IS A PLACE OF HARD WORK, FAST PACED AND THERE WILL BE NO CHANCE FOR A COFFEE OR LUNCH BREAK
The manager is the person you have to admire they have had to work hard for the position and can show a great deal of stress. A person will do well if you do what you are told if not it will turn your experience to a living h***.
The chance to change store location can be a change for the better but they may ware you out before it is worth it.

It is an industry with a high STAFF turnover.

Like any workplace there is time and enjoyment of gossip and bulling. If its not your thing stay away from it and you'll be a great co-worker.
Pros
YOUR PAY CHECK IS DEPOSITED DIRECTLY TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT
Cons
DO NOT EXPECT PAY INCREASES TO BE OFTEN OR WORTH YOUR WHILE
Sl
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 June 2016
I worked with 7-11 for 9 years a store manager and I quit last month because its a night mare to work for them lots of demands and even if you work 12 hours per day is not enough, no appreciation and even thank you for a good job.

when I asked why am not getting mu bonus the answer was there is a glitch in the system.

every one I worked with they feel bad and are looking for another job.

and every time they feel you are about to quit they will feed me the same old song for nine ( we will franchise our stores just wait until next year).

if you can find another job, do not work for this company.
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, lots to do, high turn over, demanding, once they know you need them, they will take advantage of you
It is a good place to work in, good friendly colleagues to work with, and my manager is a really good person.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 September 2016
To be honest, 7-Eleven is good place to work in. I get to meet new people every few seconds and get to interact with them. Co-workers are really helpful and the manager is great and understanding. The hardest part of the job is that, there is no break between the 8 hours shift. An allocated break of 30 minutes would be really helpful and refreshing. It would be really hard to write everything I have learned here, some points would be, handling the till while making sure all the coffees are good and every thing is clean and tidy.Most enjoyable part of the job would be learning new things every single day and meeting random new people and being a part of their lives.
Pros
Good management
Cons
No Allocated break within the 8 hours shift
hardworking and enjoyable
Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 April 2016
The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult clients when asking for their identification to purchase certain items.
Pros
free drinks, benefits
Cons
long hours, not enough pay
Good job for someone with zero experience/ student job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  British Columbia7 March 2016
A very good company for someone who does not have work experience or part time for students. But for graduates, I don't think so, because at one point career gets stagnated.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
too much work compared to compensation
Enjoyable while working with Customers & Staff members
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 May 2016
Over the coarse of 14 months, I did trade my ``time over money``,
I worked all 3 shifts. The morning, evening, and dreadful nights. I most enjoyed all the fast paced enviroment, it had myself busy to finsih shift work.
There was career advancement if one wished to advance. Training was helpful.
Hardest part of the job was trading time for money, rude and intoxicated customers. Few robberys were scary.
A typical day at work was, help serve customers, lotto max and lotta 649 every wednesday. thursdays, and saturdays. Counting merchandise before the next shift goes on. Writing and recording temperature logs in many of the machines you use. Prep Cooking. Cleaning the store when you get free time.
Coworkers were always enjoyable, being friendly was never an issue for myself in the job. Management was friendly too.
Pros
Free Drinks, iced coffe, coffee, slurpee. Friendly customers
Cons
Never ending cleaning, Intoxicated indiviuals
interesting place to work
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC14 September 2016
There was always so much to do there. I liked how busy it was. I worked every shift there from time to time. I was acting assistant manager a lot because there wasn't always an assistant manager at that store. I did everything from placing orders, to bank deposits and balancing the cash. I received orders, and put them away. I was the one everyone would call when there was a problem.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
long hours, very busy location
Good Place Of work Lacks Good Managment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC12 July 2016
was a great place too work i enjoyed working and getting to know the customers but management skills was lacking in skills for the employees they did not help when needed and never had a stable schedule always had to check once too twice a day
they where never on time and kept paychecks for final pay never received and the pay rate does not seem fair you do more work then what your paid to doo and safety in the workplace was never in question unsafe work conditions
Pros
Free Slurpees
Cons
Not Enough time for Breaks
Worst place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 September 2016
Forced to do night shiftsss....not at all adjusting management...worst place to work!! Very bad management....u have to do alot of work extra
Pros
Cons
Long hours, forced work, night shifts alone