7-Eleven Employee Reviews

Typical work day
Part-time Work (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC22 July 2017
Operating the till for selling products and billing customers, solve their queries by giving them suggestions, operation of lottery machine for selling and validating lottery tickets, preparation of hot foods, ordering new products, assisting in stocking of the delivery of products.
Pros
free break
Cons
offering basic pay
Fun with customers
Administrative and Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pickering, Ontario22 July 2017
• Provided excellent customer service experience to customers
• Checked and verified the cash flow of the day at the beginning and closing of the day
• Ordered items for the store and performed inventory duties
• Answered phone calls and provided clients with the right information
Pros
Wonderful starting time to avoid traffic.
Easy to learn environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC18 July 2017
A normal day at work would usually start with me cleaning and catching up on what has been missed throughout the day.
I learned a lot about customer service in the short time i was there
Pros
Free drinks inclucding coffee
good place to work if you're single
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  10863 Whyte Ave18 July 2017
It's a great place to work for freshly graduated from college and start their carrier in management while still single. A lot of good stuff to learn in retail business or convenience store. Good long term benefit package given to you after 6 months of employment. But be ready to deal with labor since budget given so low and sometimes hard for security reason on grave yard shift alone by yourself.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no break time
Best place i could work at
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince Rupert, BC18 July 2017
i loved how the work place is its so good to work at the hardest days i had when working with 7-Eleven is so much customers waiting to get what they wanted but i power through and actually get the day done and always made sure my tasks are done before i clock out and head on home anytime of the day is the most enjoyable day i learned how to operate a cashier and learn how to use the lotto machine the work place is what i love the environment so much
Pros
Best Hours
Cons
low hours
good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC18 July 2017
7 eleven is great place to work, there are so many new things to learn , the management and team is very helpful, and store manager is very very affable and nice. the pay rate is also good .
Pros
free drinks, coffee, motivational supervisor
Cons
Tobacco sales
Good company services
Cab Driver (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 July 2017
Learned loads about customer services. Very good job experience and enjoy able. Everyday meet with new people and provide them good services. Our management system is excellent .
Great Entry level Company to sharpen your communication skills.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2017
7 Eleven is a good company to work, as an entry level job in the start of your student life as it will help you to interact more with consumers on a daily basis. The job becomes fairly easy after a ceratin point of time as you become fully equiped as to what duties you have at what time. Workculture of the organization is pretty good as store managers & assistant managers fully cooperate and help employees in their day to day activities. Majority of your job is cash handling & interacting with clients, this majorily helps you to improve your communication skills and develop customer relationship. This job has helped me learn a lot, maintaining a good repo with your clients, handling external vendors and learning administrative paperwork required to do at the store.
Pros
Good Corporte Structure, Flexible Working Hours, No Delay in Pay
Cons
Hectic Schedules, Multitasking, Employee Safety during Night Shifts
graveyard shifts are crazyy...!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BC13 July 2017
i used to work graveyard or i should say tricked into doing graveyard shifts and everynight peole come in to the store from clubs around aand its crazyyy sometime they fight try to steal but yeaaa staff is helpful facced some racism there few times
Fast Paced, Time management & multitasking required.
Certified Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 July 2017
I enjoyed the fast paced work environment, dealing with customers, cooking food for display forecast as well as customer orders, coffee had to be full for required forecast, stocking shelves and cooler doors, cleaning the entire store while still dealing with all other tasks assigned to you. Being a Certified Sales Associate, I was required to carry and non carry items for a section of shelves in the store based on sales. As well as keep a weekly log of inventory in my section. Team work is required to complete all daily shift tasks, hardest part was having team members that were unwilling to cooperate.

Night Shift for 7-eleven is a lot different due to the fact you are alone for the entire 11pm- 7am shift. You are required to do the main cleaning tasks (cleaning the grills, ovens, coffee pots ect.) as well as still keep up with coffee forecast, food forecast, and customers.

I believe having the chance to work every shift and see all the different responsibilities of each shift helped me to be a better employee.
Fun work place at times
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ladysmith, BC11 July 2017
The job it self had some great qualities, great staff and for the most part, good customers. It was usually a fun day at work. The hardest part would have been working alone for graveyard shift, and the most enjoyable part was having a good staff at the time. Unfortunately there was issues with my dental and medical benefits, along with new management that was less than satisfactory, which led to me leaving.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Bad management
What can I say
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ON9 July 2017
I spent a great deal of time within this establishment. Day to day things would change, but not so drastically that it was overwhelming. Customers (no matter the store) were always regular and friendly. The job itself is demanding. At the time I was employed, management would only staff two employees every eight hours, so it could be quite overwhelming depending on the weather.
While there were things wrong with 7-eleven, it had nothing to do with the company itself. All the problems I encountered had to do with management and staffing issues (none of this came from the store I worked at, it was another store I supplied at from time to time). The training opportunities to grow within the company are outstanding! If you want to run your own store and become a manager, just make your goals aware to any management employee, and the path is set for you. Anything is possible with this company, you are your only roadblock with 7-eleven.
Pros
flexible hours, possibilty to grow, benefits
Cons
amount of duties within one shift; customer volume
world class company ???
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 June 2017
The framework of performnce management is the cutting edge, SFO based on BSC. However, the job is not likely to recognize the concpt.

1. Internal customer, the staffs, is the first to achieve CSM.
2. High performing staffs leaves due to strict culture.
3. Job priorities confused under poor management even if MBO exists
Pros
life balance
Cons
Bureaucratic culture
Productive fun enviroment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 June 2017
Good company to work for.Friendly staff and co workers. They acknowledged your good hard work.They respect and appreciate their employees. And the offer full benefits.
Pros
Free lunches
Decent Place to Work
Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  17 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T3E 0B126 June 2017
Worked here during college. Manager was flexible with my hours. I got a couple of raises over the course of my first year. Very busy place to work, you are always doing something.
Pros
Free coffee and slurpees while you work
Cons
No employee discount
Great Experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Powell River, BC26 June 2017
With this job i enjoyed it alot because of the wonderful people i got to work with and meet i love talking with people and learning intresting things and here i got to talk to people from all over the world that came into the store. was a great experience well it lasted.
They exspected alot of your time above and beyond the 40-44 work week.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 June 2017
I learned a lot from my exsperience with this company. They have a long training program, but I found you were left to figure a lot out on your own. They expect you to juggle so much with minimal staff and hours, especially when you run a 24 hour business. Overall would not work a job like this again.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Work life ballance
Review
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 June 2017
Amazing place to work. Love the staff and how supportive they are of you as well as the opportunity for growth in the company. I enjoyed getting to know so many new people.
It was nice expereice
Supervisor & Cash Controller (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 June 2017
if consider learning i have learned a lot in this job as discussed in my resume but there were certain set backs in the job the worst of management particularly in my location no appreciation even if you exceed expectations in the job.
Demotivated and all but some of the employees are really good and cooperative so with them i made it so far other wise no chance.
Gave the Best
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK20 June 2017
Physical work and managerial skill is most vital element to sustain in this current portfolio. Need to do all the round clock work and trying to satisfy the company need is important.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 7-Eleven. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval