7-Eleven Employee Reviews

Very hard Working and Stressful Job
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 January 2017
I ve Been working with seven eleven for almost two years , and its very terrrible , i work in a store that is in a very rough part of the city North End , very rude and disrespetful customers and very poor management of labour and proper staff making it one sided job for an experinced individual as the management wants only you to do most things , even after you clock out after your 8 hours of work , mananger will keep you and make you work additional tasks,always under immense pressure with no raise in salary,
Pros
Good Franchise
Cons
bad location, too much work
7 Eleven is Okay
Certified Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Quesnel, BC3 February 2017
Location and store manager greatly determine the enjoyment of this job. 7 Eleven cannot guarantee set hours or shifts. So you must be a flexible person to work here. There is a large amount of work that needs to be done on any given day and depending on your location you may be working with one or two other people. Team work is paramount, but can be impacted by poor store leadership. The benefits are great, but you have to stick around for 1 year part-time or 6 months full-time. And 7 Eleven always hires starting at part time. So any benefits are most likely to be a year away. I have worked for 7 Eleven since May 2015 and only now just received full time hours guaranteed.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
No breaks, no employee discounts
Great place to learn lots and get lots of experience.
Store Manager / Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC12 February 2017
Lots of good and bad things about this company. I have learned lots of great business, marketing and managing skills here. Do not particularly enjoy how the company treats their employees however. Would still recommend job to others wanting that type of experience.
Pros
Great benefits. Lots to learn.
Cons
Stressful. Long hours. Extremely short deadlines. No humanity.
Very decent place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MB27 August 2016
Decent at the start, but slowly turned worse. Started with good hours, but then was dropped; and forced to work nights mostly alone whilst robberies were becoming more common. I loved working when i started, but slowly turned away from it due to physical and emotional problems, and added stress of not fulfilling a decent salary quota for my living. Typical days where to get to work an hour early, help previous shift clean up and prep for my shift, count tills before starting, punch in, serve customers, clean after bad customers, get berated by drunks and rude customers, fear that at any moment i'd get robbed, find out that there were shoplifters, clean, prep food, clean, be bored, and find opened food and drink hidden away in cooler.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, friendly taxi drivers as customers.
Cons
Drunks, Unsafe, Felt unwanted as an employee, Eating expired food is theft and grounds for forced leave.
Fast paced work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 November 2016
A typical work day was customer based interacting. ie sales and services , it's a fast paced work environment.
In my years of service I have learned to deal with many diverse people, treating anyone the same .. Business class or other wise.
Th hardest part of the job is the continuous standing, we are human and need to sit at some point.
The part I most enjoyed about the job in the customer interaction.
Would I recommend this job to anyone.. The answer to that is YES .
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No breaks
Fast paced and productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2017
I learn lots about Lotto, Smoke, Gas Bar . I like to learn different things in different business. I enjoyed merchandising. Management is partiality I mean different rules for different employee. Hardest part of job is night shift.
Pros
No benefits
Cons
schedule work
Demanding
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB19 July 2016
Not enough money for what the company expects. You are on call 24/7. You need to be every where at once. Deal with customers and not all are sober. Upper management does not understand the day to day stress of the job. No firm company protocol the FC and Market Managers seem to make things up as they go along and you get to many different answers for the same question. No one seems to want to make a decision.
benefits
Cons
no work life balance in fact yu are expected to give up your life and family for the store
room for advancement, fast paced and great benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC16 November 2016
I enjoyed working at 7-11 they had great benefits as well as career advancement. I felt that we were under staffed when we moved into our new location which made things difficult at times
best place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC2 December 2016
medical benefits
good wage
best place to work
good and clean atmosphere
management is so helpful
my manager help me in my hard times as well.
hardest part of the job is it goes boring for the long time
proper shifts
Productive Work Place
7 - Eleven Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB20 January 2017
It's my first job on Canada, 7-Eleven helps me a lot on developing my confidence and hot to handle customer service.
I guessed the hardest part of our job is about handling some rude customers.
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
Busy, Lack of Staff, Low Salary
It was a job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB3 September 2016
I worked the cashier and spent time cleaning up and cooking good when we had no customers. It was a decent job, but paid horribly, the hours were harsh, and was in a really dangerous neighbourhood with junkies coming in every night. So, when I saved up some money, I gave my two weeks and took some time off to study.
Pros
Plenty of hours, good co-workers, good learning experience
Cons
Minimal benefits, poor pay, horrible neighbourhood
Challenging
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2016
So far I love working at 7eleven. They ahve good benefits and the manager is so nice to the employees. The bad thing I hate about is your life is in danger because of the shoplifters and bad customers.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Shoplifters and violent customers
Terrible and unfair workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2016
Very racially segregated company. No support from management for advancement. Salary is terrible. Complained to HR several times about the company and got no feedback.
nice and compensable job
FULLTIME SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  philippines23 August 2016
7eleven is a very good company. they give you a full benefits and compensation. management and co workers are friendly and reliable. sometimes working on this 24 hours convenience store is scary because of roberry.
Pros
free foods
Productive but not a fun place to work.
Store Leader/ Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 July 2016
I've started as part time sales associate and now I am a store manager, This company helped me a lot about understanding management.There is no such thing as planned day at 7-eleven we have to be ready for surprises at every instance and be ready to deal with the effectively.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Salary
Productive and disciplined work place.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK19 January 2017
I learned a lot in this company and everyday learning new things. This company has provide me challenges which helps you to enhance your skills.
My days start with Cash Management and depends on the priorities. i learned about day to day operations and how to implementing new changes. Wok place culture is very good due to so much diversity one get chance to learn.
Most enjoyable part of the job is fast paced work environment. which i love the most.
Pros
Opportunity to grow
Cons
Not fixed hours
productive and a positive enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 February 2017
good hours, management was decent, fun and positive work days, scans were probably the hardest, most enjoyable part of the job is working with my co-workers and employers.
Pros
great customer service
Very busy environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB27 May 2016
We have a lot of customers that come in for food, gas and other items. We work in a team based environment. A lot of standing, I sometimes feel like my coworkers think they can slack off and that others will pick up the slack. The wage also makes it difficult to pay bills.
Pros
Made some friends
Cons
Low wage, no benefits
It is a good place to work in, good friendly colleagues to work with, and my manager is a really good person.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 September 2016
To be honest, 7-Eleven is good place to work in. I get to meet new people every few seconds and get to interact with them. Co-workers are really helpful and the manager is great and understanding. The hardest part of the job is that, there is no break between the 8 hours shift. An allocated break of 30 minutes would be really helpful and refreshing. It would be really hard to write everything I have learned here, some points would be, handling the till while making sure all the coffees are good and every thing is clean and tidy.Most enjoyable part of the job would be learning new things every single day and meeting random new people and being a part of their lives.
Pros
Good management
Cons
No Allocated break within the 8 hours shift
A great place to learn customer service
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 May 2016
It is a place to be creative to create friendships. And the opportunity for advancement. IT IS A PLACE OF HARD WORK, FAST PACED AND THERE WILL BE NO CHANCE FOR A COFFEE OR LUNCH BREAK
The manager is the person you have to admire they have had to work hard for the position and can show a great deal of stress. A person will do well if you do what you are told if not it will turn your experience to a living h***.
The chance to change store location can be a change for the better but they may ware you out before it is worth it.

It is an industry with a high STAFF turnover.

Like any workplace there is time and enjoyment of gossip and bulling. If its not your thing stay away from it and you'll be a great co-worker.
Pros
YOUR PAY CHECK IS DEPOSITED DIRECTLY TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT
Cons
DO NOT EXPECT PAY INCREASES TO BE OFTEN OR WORTH YOUR WHILE