7-Eleven Employee Reviews

Very result oriented.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
An employee needs to meet minimum standards and work ethics to continue to be employed at Seven11. Employees are considered to be a part of the team that produce success and profit and more customers. They aptly call employees as sales associate.
over all review
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Alberni, BC17 October 2017
Seven eleven is in fact open 24/7 so it provides lots of unique grave yard and additional shift options and opportunities, And there are lots of customer interactions to provide further experience.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Overall it is a good company for starting a job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 October 2017
It is a multi-culture work environment. I learned problems solving, customer services skills, and multi-tasked from this position that allows me gaining strong communication, time management for the further employment.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
evening and night shift
nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 October 2017
nice work environment. I like to work over here. Nice management friendly staff and mutual understating between staff. Neat and clean work place. I like here
Not A Friendly Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC13 October 2017
Your underpaid for the amount of work you do and expect yoy do work all these over time and no care about your family and outside needs, management 👎
threr were free drinks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB12 October 2017
the free drinks were very nice on hot days and we had a card were we could earn points to get free stuff the boss was very nice and the food was very good as well it was a very nice place to work to meet all kinds of friendly faces
this is a very hard job to have
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON10 October 2017
7 eleven has a very high turn over rate. I find that there is alot of conflict with this job, although i enjoy most of the people i work with the job it's self isnt something i enjoy.
Pros
free slushies
Cons
high turn over rate and alot of drama and drug users in the store
no long term job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 October 2017
They hire people for short term and not enough training. work under pressure.They discard family orientation, You will feel nervous during workplace. No fun at all. You work for survive for payment such as rent fees,foods and utilities.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
short hours
Cultural diversity is encouraged, Indians, Phillipinos, Pakistan,etc work together in same store location.
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK4 October 2017
-As a chain retail outlet, it offers exact same kinds of products and services to customer regardless of the location the stores, customers satisfied.
Pros
Employees are allowed to have free coffee during each shift.
Cons
Customers often engage in external theft/shop lifting
24/7 Seven Eleven
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Melfort Sk2 October 2017
At 7 Eleven I worked from 9 at night to 5 in the morning. These hours would not allow me to have a social life because when I was done work everyone my age at the time would still be asleep and/or just getting up to go to work. I'd be too tired to go anywhere anyway. But on the other hand I liked this job because there was a lot of routine involved. On Friday and Saturday nights it would be quite hectic because there was a pub right across the street...but other than that I didn't mind this job at all. I learned to be patient with new co-workers and to help customers when needed.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Long hours on my feet
I love working in convenience store
Store Front Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC30 September 2017
I learned that I need to take my time I will get through it all and there isn't anything I can't handle I can handle anything that's thrown my way I can handle busy fast pace work places I love it
Pros
Free food!
Cons
Party animals coming in for munchies n thiefs
The job at seven eleven was interesting and learned a lot. Enjoyed the work and atmosphere
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Coaldale, AB28 September 2017
the hardest part of the job was the manager she was unreliable in temper and attitude but worked there for nine months because enjoyed the customers and co workers.
Good work place with benefits
Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 September 2017
It was my first job in Canada.if you work for the part time this is the jobs for new comers you will learn a lot and you will get very good retail experience.Managers are very good they are trying to keep you happy with good hours.
Overall management is good.
I will never quit this job in my life its a good company lots of opportunities to grow.
Best employer according to me.
Pros
Coffee and slurpee manager are very good respect them
Cons
Night shift
no safety at work
Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 September 2017
The place where i extended my knowledge on more significant roles and i took my customer service skills
to an exceptional level by consistent hard-work at the store. i got literally trained at almost everything just
beneath the store manager chores but got stuck at the tag of a Certified Sales associate. I feel it's better to offer my expertise to a company that respects an employee designation and values the
dignity.
Good learning job with challenges
Store Leader (Manager) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 September 2017
Lots to learn
Many transferable skills
Long hours and little compensation
No work life balance as they feel work is most important
great when single not with family
fast paced
challenging in knowledge and abilities from ordering to customer service
opportunities for advancement if you push for it.
great industry front runner
has high standards
there are benefits for all employees that stay for long periods of time
Pros
Store leader sets the schedule, lots to learn, constant change and challenges to overcome
Cons
allocated time is lessened all the time, expectations are increasing with less time to do them in, no work life balance and no understanding about life
It's a roller coaster
Certified Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB25 September 2017
You have your good days and your bad days just not sure if things are working out for me there
The managers can be hit or miss as well as the FC's which are the manager's bosses
Safe working environment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 September 2017
Because I love to work in customer service, this was a very good job for me. I enjoy greeting people with a smile (which was a requirement of this job). Typical shifts at 7-Eleven are packed with being courteous to people and always being alert to what is happening around you. One of the harder aspects of this job was to make sure someone didn't drive off before paying for a gasoline purchase. Thankfully that didn't happen very often. The biggest thing I learned during my time at 7-Eleven was to always be observant because it not only keeps you safe but also keeps your co-workers safe as well.
Pros
Free coffee or tea during your shift
Cons
I can't really think of any cons
Challenging with good opportunities to grow
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  BC13 September 2017
Difficult place to work with many challenges thrown at you from both external and internal sources. Good place to gain experience about business. Benefits have been eroding for the last few years due to cost cutting. Not enough labor dollars to do an effective job.
Pros
Free coffeeand Slurpees
Cons
No life/work balance
good
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 September 2017
good meet lots of people and friends you learn lots of things , is good working in seven eleven, you will learn how to deal to deference kind of people.
7-11 good depending on location
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC4 September 2017
Hard work, fast work, and they'll teach you about data entry, ordering, point-of-sales systems and how to cook and clean efficiently in a fast food service industry. Decent enough position as long as management has their stuff together
Pros
Free drinks
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 7-Eleven. Our community is ready to answer.