7-Eleven Employee Reviews

Very hard Working and Stressful Job
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 January 2017
I ve Been working with seven eleven for almost two years , and its very terrrible , i work in a store that is in a very rough part of the city North End , very rude and disrespetful customers and very poor management of labour and proper staff making it one sided job for an experinced individual as the management wants only you to do most things , even after you clock out after your 8 hours of work , mananger will keep you and make you work additional tasks,always under immense pressure with no raise in salary,
Pros
Good Franchise
Cons
bad location, too much work
A great part time work experience
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC10 March 2017
a monotonous, yet dynamic culture at work.
I learned a lot about handling and supervising store and its tasks.
Management was good.
It has a nice culture, small petty tasks, easy to handle and meeting new and regular customers.
Hard part was our manager was very strict and mistake finder, but overall kept a good discipline at store.

The most enjoyable part was how once you master your tasks, it becomes predictable and work becomes fun.
Pros
chances of promotion
Cons
very busy at times, too many things to handle
Productive and disciplined work place.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK19 January 2017
I learned a lot in this company and everyday learning new things. This company has provide me challenges which helps you to enhance your skills.
My days start with Cash Management and depends on the priorities. i learned about day to day operations and how to implementing new changes. Wok place culture is very good due to so much diversity one get chance to learn.
Most enjoyable part of the job is fast paced work environment. which i love the most.
Pros
Opportunity to grow
Cons
Not fixed hours
A great place to work in with great colleagues
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2017
I have learned a lot of things here, using the till properly, handling difficult customers and many more. The management is great for the store that I work in, the manager understands situations and always try her best to help every employee. The least favorite thing in this job for me is asking people for their ID knowing they are over 18.
Pros
Free drinks and great managements
Cons
Work-Life balance is hard to maintain in 7-Eleven
Great place to learn lots and get lots of experience.
Store Manager / Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC12 February 2017
Lots of good and bad things about this company. I have learned lots of great business, marketing and managing skills here. Do not particularly enjoy how the company treats their employees however. Would still recommend job to others wanting that type of experience.
Pros
Great benefits. Lots to learn.
Cons
Stressful. Long hours. Extremely short deadlines. No humanity.
7 Eleven is Okay
Certified Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Quesnel, BC3 February 2017
Location and store manager greatly determine the enjoyment of this job. 7 Eleven cannot guarantee set hours or shifts. So you must be a flexible person to work here. There is a large amount of work that needs to be done on any given day and depending on your location you may be working with one or two other people. Team work is paramount, but can be impacted by poor store leadership. The benefits are great, but you have to stick around for 1 year part-time or 6 months full-time. And 7 Eleven always hires starting at part time. So any benefits are most likely to be a year away. I have worked for 7 Eleven since May 2015 and only now just received full time hours guaranteed.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
No breaks, no employee discounts
Night Shift
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, AB6 March 2017
for nightshift . I was in charge of filling the vault. sanitizing the bibs and changing them. if any ordering was not put into the system I would finish it. I put away the order. I was considered the nightshift supervisor with no raise.
Pros
costumers
Cons
managment
productive and a positive enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 February 2017
good hours, management was decent, fun and positive work days, scans were probably the hardest, most enjoyable part of the job is working with my co-workers and employers.
Pros
great customer service
Demanding
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB19 July 2016
Not enough money for what the company expects. You are on call 24/7. You need to be every where at once. Deal with customers and not all are sober. Upper management does not understand the day to day stress of the job. No firm company protocol the FC and Market Managers seem to make things up as they go along and you get to many different answers for the same question. No one seems to want to make a decision.
benefits
Cons
no work life balance in fact yu are expected to give up your life and family for the store
Fast paced and productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2017
I learn lots about Lotto, Smoke, Gas Bar . I like to learn different things in different business. I enjoyed merchandising. Management is partiality I mean different rules for different employee. Hardest part of job is night shift.
Pros
No benefits
Cons
schedule work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC22 March 2017
A typical day kept me busy and made the day go by fast.
I loved seeing new faces as well as the returning customers we had everyday.
Management was amazing! very understanding of me as I was currently 6 months pregnant when they hired me.
I enjoyed the fast paced day. I worked hard to show that just because I was pregnant does not mean I was unable to work full days, full time and I can work just as hard as everyone else. Pregnancy was not a crutch for me.
Hardest part of the job was finding all the specific tobacco brands as I was not a smoker.
Best part was feeling like family when I went to work everyday.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
rude or unsettling customers late at night.
room for advancement, fast paced and great benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC16 November 2016
I enjoyed working at 7-11 they had great benefits as well as career advancement. I felt that we were under staffed when we moved into our new location which made things difficult at times
best place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC2 December 2016
medical benefits
good wage
best place to work
good and clean atmosphere
management is so helpful
my manager help me in my hard times as well.
hardest part of the job is it goes boring for the long time
proper shifts
Terrible and unfair workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2016
Very racially segregated company. No support from management for advancement. Salary is terrible. Complained to HR several times about the company and got no feedback.
It is a good place to work in, good friendly colleagues to work with, and my manager is a really good person.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 September 2016
To be honest, 7-Eleven is good place to work in. I get to meet new people every few seconds and get to interact with them. Co-workers are really helpful and the manager is great and understanding. The hardest part of the job is that, there is no break between the 8 hours shift. An allocated break of 30 minutes would be really helpful and refreshing. It would be really hard to write everything I have learned here, some points would be, handling the till while making sure all the coffees are good and every thing is clean and tidy.Most enjoyable part of the job would be learning new things every single day and meeting random new people and being a part of their lives.
Pros
Good management
Cons
No Allocated break within the 8 hours shift
It is good competitive environment to work in
Inventory Management (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC11 January 2017
There is a lot to learn from working in a 7-Eleven store. Like it get everything gas station, food and daily use commodities. A person can learn a lot inventory and cash management by working there. At the first time everything seems to be difficult but with time you get to know it and become good. The most amazing part was that there is something new that can be learnt on a new day.
A great place to learn customer service
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 May 2016
It is a place to be creative to create friendships. And the opportunity for advancement. IT IS A PLACE OF HARD WORK, FAST PACED AND THERE WILL BE NO CHANCE FOR A COFFEE OR LUNCH BREAK
The manager is the person you have to admire they have had to work hard for the position and can show a great deal of stress. A person will do well if you do what you are told if not it will turn your experience to a living h***.
The chance to change store location can be a change for the better but they may ware you out before it is worth it.

It is an industry with a high STAFF turnover.

Like any workplace there is time and enjoyment of gossip and bulling. If its not your thing stay away from it and you'll be a great co-worker.
Pros
YOUR PAY CHECK IS DEPOSITED DIRECTLY TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT
Cons
DO NOT EXPECT PAY INCREASES TO BE OFTEN OR WORTH YOUR WHILE
Fast paced work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 November 2016
A typical work day was customer based interacting. ie sales and services , it's a fast paced work environment.
In my years of service I have learned to deal with many diverse people, treating anyone the same .. Business class or other wise.
Th hardest part of the job is the continuous standing, we are human and need to sit at some point.
The part I most enjoyed about the job in the customer interaction.
Would I recommend this job to anyone.. The answer to that is YES .
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No breaks
Poor management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada6 February 2017
Poor management with no accountability. Disorganized and reactionary...should be union because it is over wrought with union mentality. Needs "new blood" to make some big changes - maybe new CEO will see that.
Pros
if you are okay with being mediocre you can stick around for 20+ years
Cons
if you are not okay with being less than the best it is frustrating and spirit killing
Productive at work and learning
Supervisor/Cashier, Part time (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2017
7-Eleven is place where you meet different kinds of people as a cashier.so apart from work, i have learned how to deal and understand the requirements of people as they approach me.

It was my first place to work in Canada, which taught me everything about the great country.
Pros
Good management
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 7-Eleven. Our community is ready to answer.