7-Eleven Employee Reviews

Good starting workplace for experience.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 May 2017
Great for a side job or just working to get some experience in sales and to save up for that PS4 or Xbox One that you wanted. Starter experience in ordering/Forecasting, receiving and verifying inventory orders and to know your local neighborhood. :)
Pros
Free carwash bi-weekly and mystery shop bonuses.
Cons
Erratic work hours for full-time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC21 May 2017
7- eleven is a convenient store and also one of the busiest store in Richmond. I worked as sales Associate there and i was able to perform my duties and responsibilities well.
Busy but fun workplace
Certified sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 May 2017
It's always busy but it's a fun place to work at. You have your regular customers always enthusiastic. Everyone is a team worker and does their job well.
Unpleasant for me
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON4 May 2017
For me personally this was not a good workplace. Some of my coworkers were fine but for me it was unhealthy, mentally and physically. I was miserable and uncomfortable, and not properly trained. My manager was often angry or generally unhappy and not very helpful during rush times when he was there. Overall I did not enjoy my job there and would not go back. The store was immensely understaffed as well.
Too much work for minimum wage
Cashier, Cook (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK1 May 2017
7-Eleven is the place you apply to when you cannot find another employment opportunity. They demand you put a lot of time into the job for the little pay you get. There is little chance for advancement and they often set you into a job you do not want.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Need own cup, small breaks, high stress situations
Bad experience for 3 years
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 April 2017
Some leaders in this company is doing racism! Which is not good for work in any place.
They only promote the person from their community of the person they like. They dont want to see your hard work!
worth the expereince
Senior Sales Associate// Cashier// Stock (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 April 2017
My experience was totally based on the management and staff. I thought it was an okay experience, good learning experience. I worked morning shifts majority of my time with 7/11. My store was quite busy, so days were went along pretty quickly. Fast paced environment. Must be able to work fast and on your toes. Knowing how to handle tough customers is a benefit. A bit of a learning curve learning how to multi-task everything that needs to be done.
Pros
good experience
Cons
long hours, rude customers
Great company.
Store Leader (Former Employee) –  Coaldale, AB26 April 2017
Miss working there. Great people.

Learned lots and hope one day to rejoin the team.

Great culture and adversity. Never was a dull day.

One tho g is change was the training. I'd requested more training and feel like I wa denied. No matter how much I asked. Would of done great things. Bigger and better things within the company if so. Wouldn't of felt like a failure in the end.
Nice place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK23 April 2017
I really like this job as 7-11 gave me an opportunity to have different level of positions' experience. I was a normal employee and after I got an opportunity to work as a manger.
good working enviroment
Senior certified Sales Associates (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC22 April 2017
Good learning place for new immigrant to Canada. I learn the time management in 7-Eleven because you have to do many task in your 8 hours shift along with customer service. The hardest part of job when you are alone in night shift. The most enjoyable part of job when you have team member share the work.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Long hour standing
Nice Company
SENIOR SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 April 2017
Love to work in this company. Excellent Management, Manager is giving full hours to the employees. Very respectful towards his employees.
Paid stat holidays
Pros
Paid Break, Full working Hours, Balanced Life
Cons
Less Salary
Dealing with most people was a pleasant part of our job
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON17 April 2017
7/11 was a job that you either loved or hated. A job that you needed to be ambivalent about yet work with the customers. The boss was pleasant to work for but didn't believe in her part time staff. The part time staff were often blamed for things they had not been trained to deal with properly. The part time staff were often given bad reviews and told to sign them or they wouldn't get the pay increase and were not allowed to argue what had been said about them unfair or not.
The pay increase we were being belittled for was a paltry .20cent increase in hourly pay. Sometimes even less. The hardest part was having to work with these fulltime staff and remain polite to them even when you pointed out the errors of their thinking. The unreasonable attitudes did not engender trust amongst the staff.
Pros
Pop and water were free to working staff.
Cons
Staff treatment of the part time staff was untenable.
Long nights at Seven Eleven
Costumer service repersantative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2017
starting at 11 pm to 7 am so its good for me to work and have fun. moreover, management is very cooperative and I learned a basic customer service skills.
good employers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2017
7 Eleven Inc is very compassionate company! that pays good and gives right on job training and working opportunity to its employees according to their accomplishments!
Pros
right pay
workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON12 April 2017
fun and exciting to meet new people everyday. everyone i worked wit erywas kind and gave help when needed the company was very elpful with everything you needed.
Nights
Front Desk Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 April 2017
kept busy with deliveries
some confrontations with police
did not like working alone
some nights were good and some were very bad
dealing with theft, grab and runs
Easy going.
Alberta - Graveyard Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hinton, AB10 April 2017
Not much to be said. You do the 7/11 dues. Cash, sandwich, stock (sometimes), manage cigarettes and gambling goods. My hours were not the greatest, but that'd be my fault for going straight into Graveyard.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
N/a
Not very good
Night Shift Stocker (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON10 April 2017
It wasn't a very good place to work. The management didn't care if you were sick or dying they wanted you to come into work that day. My coworkers were great, just the management expected people to work like robots.
Typical job to make money on the side at
Certified Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 April 2017
day at work: Head in and punch in, take care of guests at the front and deal with food service as well. Cleaning, stocking, and general store managment were all part of the daily routine.

What I learned: nothing new

Managment:Did not treat workers well or with any kindness

Hardest part: lack of training made for some situations to be harder to deal with then they actually were

Most enjoyable part: free drinks as well as having some nice customers here and there
Pros
free drinks
Cons
unfit managment
great workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2017
Wonderfull workplace. Great training provided and lots of room for advancement within the company. great pay and benefits provided.
I worked with wonderful staff members and management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 7-Eleven. Our community is ready to answer.