7-Eleven Employee Reviews

Fast paced work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 November 2016
A typical work day was customer based interacting. ie sales and services , it's a fast paced work environment.
In my years of service I have learned to deal with many diverse people, treating anyone the same .. Business class or other wise.
Th hardest part of the job is the continuous standing, we are human and need to sit at some point.
The part I most enjoyed about the job in the customer interaction.
Would I recommend this job to anyone.. The answer to that is YES .
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No breaks
Working with good people and helping customers.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 October 2016
Working at 7/11 was quite a learning experience, learning how to handle people that were drinking and handling hard tasks with quickly.
The co-workers were okay...well some were, what I learned about them is that its not good to keep certain thing from the boss.
I thing the hardest part about working there is dealing with the shoplifters, I had to write down every single thing that they took, then calling the head office to report it, it was unnecessary.
Pros
meeting new people and getting to know them
Cons
The co-workers were sneaking around and getting into truoble and I was getting blamed for it.
reputable company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB25 October 2016
they have organised training plans for new hires, fast-paced environment with constant customer interactions.
my manager oversee her need with manpower and apparently she hired too many which affected my schedule drastically since i only worked part time & was hired few months ago.
hardest part maybe dealing with old staffs who were there almost forever because they are so used with what they were doing, they are hesitant to follow the standard and they are always complaining about their jobs.
the enjoyable part is to be able to meet new people as our customers and be able to give them the customer service they deserve.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no hours
Plenty of stocking jobs at night and less hours during the day.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 October 2016
They hired too many employees and laid off. The manager sent me to too many different locations within the company and did not pay for my additional gasoline and transportation needs. An my first weeks supplement paycheck did not include groceries as they held on to my check for one week.
Pros
They provided the training.
Cons
Not enough day time hours.
great cooperation with my co-worker
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  深圳市21 September 2016
After i graduated from high school i found this job in 711 as my summer job.i mostly did the nightshift ,its not easy for a beginner to stay up for month. the main job of the nightshift is stocking shelves .there are dozens of boxes arrived everyday so it really a big work. that is to say, it need our division should be clear-cut.my co-worker is a nice guy who always willing to give sb a hand.he can managed the job orderly and taught me patiently.i learned how to arrange my job from him and we can always finished the job efficiently.
interesting place to work
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC14 September 2016
There was always so much to do there. I liked how busy it was. I worked every shift there from time to time. I was acting assistant manager a lot because there wasn't always an assistant manager at that store. I did everything from placing orders, to bank deposits and balancing the cash. I received orders, and put them away. I was the one everyone would call when there was a problem.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
long hours, very busy location
Very fast pace lots to do in so little time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 November 2016
Worked my way up to assistant manager in two years, working straight mid-nights for the first six years. Moved to a store in my city closer to my home. Hardest part was working with other employees that didn't have the same work ethitcs, so you where doing your work plus theirs. Learning every thing I learned there and meeting the customers
It was a job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB3 September 2016
I worked the cashier and spent time cleaning up and cooking good when we had no customers. It was a decent job, but paid horribly, the hours were harsh, and was in a really dangerous neighbourhood with junkies coming in every night. So, when I saved up some money, I gave my two weeks and took some time off to study.
Pros
Plenty of hours, good co-workers, good learning experience
Cons
Minimal benefits, poor pay, horrible neighbourhood
It is a good place to work in, good friendly colleagues to work with, and my manager is a really good person.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 September 2016
To be honest, 7-Eleven is good place to work in. I get to meet new people every few seconds and get to interact with them. Co-workers are really helpful and the manager is great and understanding. The hardest part of the job is that, there is no break between the 8 hours shift. An allocated break of 30 minutes would be really helpful and refreshing. It would be really hard to write everything I have learned here, some points would be, handling the till while making sure all the coffees are good and every thing is clean and tidy.Most enjoyable part of the job would be learning new things every single day and meeting random new people and being a part of their lives.
Pros
Good management
Cons
No Allocated break within the 8 hours shift
An okay company for the store employee but not the office
Accounting Liaison Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 July 2016
Daily office deposit, invoice reconciliation, collection calls or emails to vendors. Monthly duties, trial balances, budgets.

Overall the company was great to work for, most of our positions have been moved to the United States and we were not offered the opportunity to move with them.

Office staff worked as a team to make a successful work experience

The hardest part of my job was being the only person in Canada to do the accounts receivable with no back up. Stressful at month end to ensure you meet deadlines
Pros
Great co workers
Demanding
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB19 July 2016
Not enough money for what the company expects. You are on call 24/7. You need to be every where at once. Deal with customers and not all are sober. Upper management does not understand the day to day stress of the job. No firm company protocol the FC and Market Managers seem to make things up as they go along and you get to many different answers for the same question. No one seems to want to make a decision.
benefits
Cons
no work life balance in fact yu are expected to give up your life and family for the store
Manager Business Development (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK11 August 2016
The company respect diversity ; however, there are no succession planning programs. Employees are always overburdened and there is a high turnover rate.
Pros
good for initial career stage
Cons
no career progression
Good Place Of work Lacks Good Managment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC12 July 2016
was a great place too work i enjoyed working and getting to know the customers but management skills was lacking in skills for the employees they did not help when needed and never had a stable schedule always had to check once too twice a day
they where never on time and kept paychecks for final pay never received and the pay rate does not seem fair you do more work then what your paid to doo and safety in the workplace was never in question unsafe work conditions
Pros
Free Slurpees
Cons
Not Enough time for Breaks
overall rating
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK23 August 2016
11 to 7am night shift is difficult but i love working just because of the satisfaction as a team.In work you must need to be patience and giving 100% productivity
The hardest part in job is you did everything but sometimes the manager not satisfied.the most enjoyable in job is when your manager congratulate us for very awesome job guys.
Fulfilling work days
Manager, Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON1 October 2016
Long work days. Company is more than willing to train staff and promote within. Co-workers are great to work with. The hardest part is having the staff to meet the store needs. The most enjoyable part is that you have a sense of fulfillment you get with a job well done.
Pros
Co-workers
Good Learning
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC6 October 2016
I found the job as a multi task , time management because the system of the store is designed in a way that you have to take the order and deliver the items to the customer in couple of minutes,
so you have to be ready and quick in all your job hours time.
Pros
learning of world largest store chain
Cons
over all tough
productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 September 2016
It is a productive and interesting workplace.my coworkers are nice and our realationship is really good that we could rely to each other which make the job interesting,easier and enjoyable.And the customers in the neighborhood are very polite and respectful.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Sl
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 June 2016
I worked with 7-11 for 9 years a store manager and I quit last month because its a night mare to work for them lots of demands and even if you work 12 hours per day is not enough, no appreciation and even thank you for a good job.

when I asked why am not getting mu bonus the answer was there is a glitch in the system.

every one I worked with they feel bad and are looking for another job.

and every time they feel you are about to quit they will feed me the same old song for nine ( we will franchise our stores just wait until next year).

if you can find another job, do not work for this company.
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, lots to do, high turn over, demanding, once they know you need them, they will take advantage of you
Very decent place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MB27 August 2016
Decent at the start, but slowly turned worse. Started with good hours, but then was dropped; and forced to work nights mostly alone whilst robberies were becoming more common. I loved working when i started, but slowly turned away from it due to physical and emotional problems, and added stress of not fulfilling a decent salary quota for my living. Typical days where to get to work an hour early, help previous shift clean up and prep for my shift, count tills before starting, punch in, serve customers, clean after bad customers, get berated by drunks and rude customers, fear that at any moment i'd get robbed, find out that there were shoplifters, clean, prep food, clean, be bored, and find opened food and drink hidden away in cooler.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, friendly taxi drivers as customers.
Cons
Drunks, Unsafe, Felt unwanted as an employee, Eating expired food is theft and grounds for forced leave.
Last resort if no other job can be foud
Assistant Store Leader (Current Employee) –  Castlegar, BC11 September 2016
Overworked and stressed out by the policy of not hiring enough people for the job. 2 people doing the job of 10 people in any given shift.
The employees are not treated right and the ones who want to work for the company and some day want a future, are the worst hit