7-Eleven Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and provides slurpees on shift
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SKJune 21, 2016
My typical day at work at 7-Eleven would be filling the lottery up front ,counting cartons and "The Singles" cigarettes while running the till. Occasionally I would walk around the store keep it clean and organized, wash windows and doors as well as sweep and mop. I would cook pizza and make pizza boxes for full orders. I also cooked things like "mini tacos", mini churros, wings, meatball kabobs, I also baked cookies on the morning shifts. Before and after every shift we would "cashout our till", I would count the safe and the money left in my cash register and I would do all the math from cashout and counting cigarettes as well as cartons and the lottery records. I got along with most of my co - workers, some of them didn't take me as seriously as others because of my age. I felt discriminated and a lot of gossiping was happening and every shift two clerks were running till and almost every shift one employee would not fully do their job or slack. Hardest part about my job was training new employees and running till alone with a lineup to the other end of the store. Being left alone on till with 30 customers is challenging but every time I managed to deal with it and keep up. Occasionally I would receive complements from customers about my great hard working customer service. The most enjoyable part about that job was seeing so many familiar faces come through the door and running the till.
Pros
Free Slurpees on shift only
Cons
No discounts
Challenging
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCJune 20, 2016
It was a good experience, I had the chance to prove myself but Health Care was always something in the back on my mind so I switch carreer.
Never Bored
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 20, 2016
As displeased as I was that there was never legitmate breaks whilst working a 8 hour shift I still managed to make sure I ate and I was never not busy so the shift seemed to fly by.
Pros
Great hours, Consistent Schedule, Busy work.
Cons
No Breaks, Bad Management, None reliable employees
overall, it was good working @ 7-11
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 16, 2016
Seven-Eleven is very near our place. I had good hours at eight hours a day. I had very good relations with the customers and with my peers.
Pros
free drinks/coffee
Cons
sometimes asked to work grave yard shift
enjoyed job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 13, 2016
enjoyed job with variety of staff and customers. only left because over night shifts became a problem with family at the time so i changed to a day job
Exciting and Fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 7, 2016
I have learned how to deal with people. Its very busy everyday at work because I have to deal with the customers and I also have to finish my task assignments.
Pros
not boring
Cons
cant take a break
thumbs way down
SALES (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 31, 2016
i hate every day of my life that i work here because of how little they care about their staff company wide. worker rights are regularly violated but i am too broke to leave
Pros
many on paper, none in reality
Cons
every day i work here
great to be able to learn all the skills I gained from that job.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Prince Rupert, BCMay 31, 2016
I learned so much computer skills and management qualitites.Machine maintence was learnt. cashing out capablitlty was taught very well.
Pros
hours were very good
Cons
Nothing was free
fun
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ONMay 29, 2016
great place to work and great learning enviorment along with great management. We alway got everything done including extra stuff
Very busy environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABMay 27, 2016
We have a lot of customers that come in for food, gas and other items. We work in a team based environment. A lot of standing, I sometimes feel like my coworkers think they can slack off and that others will pick up the slack. The wage also makes it difficult to pay bills.
Pros
Made some friends
Cons
Low wage, no benefits
A great place to learn customer service
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 27, 2016
It is a place to be creative to create friendships. And the opportunity for advancement. IT IS A PLACE OF HARD WORK, FAST PACED AND THERE WILL BE NO CHANCE FOR A COFFEE OR LUNCH BREAK
The manager is the person you have to admire they have had to work hard for the position and can show a great deal of stress. A person will do well if you do what you are told if not it will turn your experience to a living h***.
The chance to change store location can be a change for the better but they may ware you out before it is worth it.

It is an industry with a high STAFF turnover.

Like any workplace there is time and enjoyment of gossip and bulling. If its not your thing stay away from it and you'll be a great co-worker.
Pros
YOUR PAY CHECK IS DEPOSITED DIRECTLY TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT
Cons
DO NOT EXPECT PAY INCREASES TO BE OFTEN OR WORTH YOUR WHILE
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 26, 2016
I had enjoyed a lot while working as Sales Associate in Seven Eleven. My shift hours were flexible. Everyone was working in the store as team members and helpful towards each other.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
staying on top of all duties
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMay 25, 2016
assisting customers with cashier duties, food preparation. Store cleanliness a major asset. Learned how to run a business in high stress situations involving high clientele. Security tactics in dealing with the public. Most enjoyable part was regular customer appreciation.
Pros
work morale
Cons
wages
A fast paced environment requires multitasking
Certified Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 18, 2016
On some busier days, the workforce seems to be less than required which makes the job a little stressful. There is lot to learn about merchandising, retail and management skills. Conflict with co-workers affects the service of store.
Pros
A lot to learn about retail and merchandising
Cons
Less wage rate
Productive, motivated, fast paced environment
Sr. Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMay 15, 2016
Daily store operation
Staff belive in Team work
It’s pretty challenging. Good place for training and performance
Management is good supportive, friendly co-workers
Productive and fun work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, ABMay 15, 2016
I worked all 3 shifts. The morning, evening, and nights. I most enjoyed all the fast paced environment have yourself busy until the shift ends. But mostly I worked during the night to supervise cleaning and prepare the store for the next day operation. Hardest part of the job was trading time for money, rude and intoxicated customers and the thought of robbery anytime.

A typical day at work was, I came into work, clocked in, counted my cash, and started the shift. Made sure food was properly up to code, and threw out and wrote off any food items that were not good anymore. Help serve customers in an efficient and friendly way. Counting merchandise before the next shift goes on. Writing and recording temperature logs in many of the machines you use. Make CDC, Wallace and Carey order. Prep Cooking. Cleaning the store when you get free time. Co-workers were always enjoyable, being friendly was never an issue for myself in the job.
Pros
Overtime Pay
Cons
Long Hours
Enjoyable while working with Customers & Staff members
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 10, 2016
Over the coarse of 14 months, I did trade my ``time over money``,
I worked all 3 shifts. The morning, evening, and dreadful nights. I most enjoyed all the fast paced enviroment, it had myself busy to finsih shift work.
There was career advancement if one wished to advance. Training was helpful.
Hardest part of the job was trading time for money, rude and intoxicated customers. Few robberys were scary.
A typical day at work was, help serve customers, lotto max and lotta 649 every wednesday. thursdays, and saturdays. Counting merchandise before the next shift goes on. Writing and recording temperature logs in many of the machines you use. Prep Cooking. Cleaning the store when you get free time.
Coworkers were always enjoyable, being friendly was never an issue for myself in the job. Management was friendly too.
Pros
Free Drinks, iced coffe, coffee, slurpee. Friendly customers
Cons
Never ending cleaning, Intoxicated indiviuals
I habe fun serving customers but i don't feel safe working at night.
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMay 7, 2016
I worked night shift for 4 years and I learned how to deal with those intoxicated people comes in and out in the store. I'm not happy with the management of the store, they don't care of their staff at all. The hardest part of my job is seeing some people stealing and confronting them, its not nice feeling seeing them like that. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting nice friendly customers.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
not safe working at night
Great environment to work in
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 2, 2016
Its a 24 hour open store so the day starts early.
Making food for the display along with cookies that are made daily for sales.
The lottery attracts a lot of customers.
Variety of stuff, from make-up to grocery, you'll get it all at 7-11.

One dollar coffees and slurpees are specialities.
We have a mobile application as well, which provides you every 7th drink on the house.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
Peak hours require 4 sales person at a time
no employee moral
Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 29, 2016
no employee moral and not enough money for the work load. the management team is not consistant and thats all i have too say