7-Eleven Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
People who strive to have excellent customer service
Cashier/ Cook (Former Employee), Regina, SKMarch 28, 2016
Pros: Free slurpee's
Cons: Theives
A typical day was meeting and greeting customers with a smile and assist them when asked.
What I learned was everyday is a new day and things can happen at any moment and you just have to roll with the punch's and act calm in bad situations.
My co-workers where great and I love them like family because they where they experienced the same things as I did and can relate to me none of my friends could.
The hardest part about this job was always smiling and saying hello to everyone who came in the door.
I enjoyed meeting new people and assisting them with purchases creating a smile on their faces when they look like they had a bad day.
Great environment to work in
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Markham, ONMay 2, 2016
Pros: free drinks
Cons: Peak hours require 4 sales person at a time
Its a 24 hour open store so the day starts early.
Making food for the display along with cookies that are made daily for sales.
The lottery attracts a lot of customers.
Variety of stuff, from make-up to grocery, you'll get it all at 7-11.

One dollar coffees and slurpees are specialities.
We have a mobile application as well, which provides you every 7th drink on the house.
Cashier (Current Employee), Port Colborne, ONApril 14, 2016
I came into work, clocked in, counted my cash, and started the shift. Made sure food was properly up to code, and threw out and wrote off any food items that were not good anymore. Manager would leave a note of side jobs for you to do during your shift and itd be completed by the time your shift comes to an end. At the end of my shift, I count my til off, clean the area surrounding you, and make sure all food is up to date before you were to leave your shift.
Low moral and non productive work from employees
Senior Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKFebruary 26, 2016
Pros: none
Cons: too many to list
Although I started out loving my job because it was such a huge change from working in an office, I found that as time passed employees weren't held accountable for the huge mistakes that were being made both in product and especially in customer service. I am the type of person who likes to be able to solve a problem ASAP so that the customers are satisfied and my hands are basically tied at this establishment. There are no rewards for a job well done and management plays favorites and rewards only those that their parents have worked with them at some point in time. It has become a very hard work environment to be happy with my job.
Customer service
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 19, 2016
A typical day at work included customer service, ordering ,inventory, cashier, vendor deliveries, cash handling, banking, payroll, inventory management
Operated and in charge of store in managers absence
I had a great working relationship with fellow co workers and manager I always lead by example
The hardest part of the job was work life balance
Good job sercurity and guaranteed hours.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 13, 2016
Pros: Free meals.
Cons: The bus schedule in the winter was very unpredictable.
Each day was comforting to stick to a certain routine and completing before the shift was over.

I learned how to process payroll and learned the ordering process of each section of the store for weekly stocking.

Management were very compliant and helpful when learning new skills and processing new tasks.

My fellow co-workers were mostly helpful when help was required.

The hardest part of the job, was leaving to engage back into school for Academic Upgrading, but that decision was well worth it.

The most enjoyable part of the job was engaging in the seasonal sales display it let me expand my imaginations with each display.
Fun work with broken promises
Sr. Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 14, 2016
Pros: varying shifts, shift work
Cons: robberies, lots of call-ins
The job is very fun and so much opportunity to learn more. Many times I have had promises broken.

Besides that the coworkers are fun and the customers are fun to get to know. The possibility of robbery can be scary but it's not so bad if you follow rules.
Grooming of soft and technical skills.
Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg City, MBMarch 24, 2016
Pros: Health insurance
Cons: Long hours
Its a great and lovely environment there and its been remarkable for me work there i learned and developed many skills .All the co workers are friendly and polite so i have a great time there . Flexible schedule and really a cooperative staff.
Productive and Fun while working.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), 530 Dale Blwd, Winnipeg, MBFebruary 17, 2016
It's very good experience with my current employer. It is my first employer at Winnipeg, Canada and I found it very friendly environment around the store while on work. I thought it difficult to adjust with new culture and environment however It was proved me wrong and everything was wonderful at work. All my colleague and my manage are very supportive and in just one and half week since I started work I got all knowledge about how to work. I got support from each of them and always we had lots of fun while working which never make me feel than I am new to Canada or to this company and believe me everything going well and I must say that I am perfect just in one month like all other employee of the store. I learn things faster from staff members and few from my mistake at work. I simply consider lucky to have wonderful staff as well as my knowledge to adopt things faster.
It was a fun place to work at. However, the treatment was not the greatest.
Cashier and Stock Person (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 13, 2015
Pros: Free Slurpees
Cons: Multiple hours on your feet
My ex-coworkers were a pleasure to work with! My employers were constantly changing so it was a bit difficult to get to know their expectations of me. My favorite part of my job was that I could interact with customers. Thus, allowing me to explore different aspects of my job.
Good job for someone with zero experience/ student job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), British ColumbiaMarch 7, 2016
Pros: free coffee
Cons: too much work compared to compensation
A very good company for someone who does not have work experience or part time for students. But for graduates, I don't think so, because at one point career gets stagnated.
many homeless people i do not feel safe.
Store Associate (Current Employee), Port Coquitlam, BCMarch 31, 2016
ring in items, general cleaning, stocking of products, making coffee, heating food. I haven't really learned anything. Co-workers complain about whether store is clean or not all the time. If the store is dirty after I leave it doesn't mean I didn't do my job...
Dynamic Workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee), GTA, ONMarch 8, 2016
Dealt with staffing issues such as interviewing potential staff, conducting appraisals and performance reviews, providing or organising training and development, as well as resolving health and safety, legal and security issues

Ensured a high level of standards for quality, customer service through motivating staff, providing a positive working environment and setting standards and modeled behavior

Managed stock levels, made key decisions about stock control, organized, executed and managed marketing and merchandising programs including special promotions, displays and events

Analyzed and interpreted sales figures and trends, and forecasted future sales

Ensured that all sales targets and goals were met and/or exceeded on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis

Ensured the interior and exterior of the store was maintained to company standards

Resolved customer problems or complaints by determining optimal solutions
Very busy and productive . Fun with co-worker on nights.
Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCDecember 5, 2015
Pros: Medical/ Dental
Cons: Working weekends
They really need to improve on the safety of their employees at night . The most enjoyable of my job is meeting new people . Being there to help them out , not just on what they need , but to listen to them. Working with the people I work with at night is the best. We work well as a team.
good company with high expectations
Store Leader (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 17, 2016
Pros: great benefiets
Cons: 24 hrs a day for low pay
7 Eleven offered me a great opportunity to advance. I love the customer base and the good products offered. This was a great Job for me but it is now taking over my life as it is a 24/7 company so my home work life is very unbalanced.
Nice work environment, enjoyable time with a bit stress sometimes once the store gets busy during the peck hours and there are no enough worker
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCNovember 2, 2015
Pros: Free coffee
Cons: short brakes
I like working in 7-Elevn. It was enjoyable time I spent there. I would li work in 7 Elevn again if i get a chance but not in the same previous store.
I learned a few working steps that are basic and simple to anyone to learn.
Managment level I believe is weak.
co-worker mostly were good except a few people that un-qualify due to the lack of respectful knowledge on working filed.

Hardest part was dealing with drunk customers at night shift and cleaning the mass after some of them.
The most enjoyable part was dealing with smiley faces

Overall it was fun and good experience.
nice place to work and meet new people
Customer Service Representative/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 10, 2016
Pros: 30 min paid break
Cons: tough to work in cooler for long time
i learn proper customer service from this job. I also learn about team work. This place helped me to think about future plan.
Great company to work for
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 30, 2015
Pros: Flexible with hours
Cons: Company did some restructuring and closed.
Great working with customers in store and in post office.
Was training for assistant manager position. Managed stock and ordering.
Learn how to cash out, balance and deposit.
Company was challenging and kept you on your feet .
10/10
Cashier, Stock, Food Attendant (Former Employee), Victoria, BCNovember 17, 2015
Pros: Frees slurpees and coffee
Ringing through sales, counting lottery and smokes, checking expiry dates, daily temperature check on foods, cleaning.
How to keep track of sales for ordering with a hand held machine.
Co-workers were friendly.
Having to count smokes and lottery while ringing through sales.
Free slurpee day
fun with happy customers
Night shift assissant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 12, 2016
busy, co-workers great funny and able to keep the night going fast knowing we made it another safe night. I learned a lot about becoming an assistant manager. I enjoyed getting to the customers
Headquarters