7-Eleven Employee Reviews

Terrible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Martensville, SK18 February 2017
This is the worst place I have ever worked. Workers are not treated well at all. This job has put me through so much stress. No matter how hard we have tried we will never be good enough.
Cons
They want to much of you
General manager (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC15 February 2017
I found that they asked way to much of you in a day to get things done, The day to day is hard to keep up, They want the store to look amazing and for you to cook in the back and make sure everything is away at the end of your day no matter how long you are there for hour wise
Pros
big company
Cons
Day to day
busy busy busy
Cashier/Customer Service/Cook (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC15 February 2017
I truly enjoyed this job and wish i was still there. lots of customer service and just as many chores, shifts fly by. cook, clean smile and help your customers as well as your co-workers.keep track of lotteries/cigs and cash on a time frame basis. place orders for stock. accept orders, put away(old to front), face store products always. stock everything always.clean as you stock, essential. and most importantly SELL SELL SELL the hot foods, which are always growing and changing. like I said shifts fly by!
Pros
my boss/ customers
Cons
trying to get everything done in time
busy and fast paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Airy, ON14 February 2017
the typical day went by fast. I was always busy, no time to watch the clock. I would learn how to do new things almost everyday..i got to meet and talk to lots of new people everyday.
Pros
never bored. never alone.
Cons
no time to sit. missing my kids.
Great place to learn lots and get lots of experience.
Store Manager / Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC12 February 2017
Lots of good and bad things about this company. I have learned lots of great business, marketing and managing skills here. Do not particularly enjoy how the company treats their employees however. Would still recommend job to others wanting that type of experience.
Pros
Great benefits. Lots to learn.
Cons
Stressful. Long hours. Extremely short deadlines. No humanity.
Sales associates
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 February 2017
Nice company and meet lots of people everyday.
But low wages compare work.
Cooking is hard and clean parking lot when snow.
Always something to do
Senior Certified Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  450 ryan road7 February 2017
Good place to work if you dont have a family otherwise management has to much control over pay and they do not care much about employee health.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
management
productive and a positive enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 February 2017
good hours, management was decent, fun and positive work days, scans were probably the hardest, most enjoyable part of the job is working with my co-workers and employers.
Pros
great customer service
Poor management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada6 February 2017
Poor management with no accountability. Disorganized and reactionary...should be union because it is over wrought with union mentality. Needs "new blood" to make some big changes - maybe new CEO will see that.
Pros
if you are okay with being mediocre you can stick around for 20+ years
Cons
if you are not okay with being less than the best it is frustrating and spirit killing
fun fast paced environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 February 2017
I enjoyed working at 7-Eleven it was a fun and fast-paced work environment. Personally I haven't experienced any dangerous situations
7 Eleven is Okay
Certified Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Quesnel, BC3 February 2017
Location and store manager greatly determine the enjoyment of this job. 7 Eleven cannot guarantee set hours or shifts. So you must be a flexible person to work here. There is a large amount of work that needs to be done on any given day and depending on your location you may be working with one or two other people. Team work is paramount, but can be impacted by poor store leadership. The benefits are great, but you have to stick around for 1 year part-time or 6 months full-time. And 7 Eleven always hires starting at part time. So any benefits are most likely to be a year away. I have worked for 7 Eleven since May 2015 and only now just received full time hours guaranteed.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
No breaks, no employee discounts
Cashier
Certified Sales person (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON3 February 2017
I really enjoyed working with 7-Eleven. Co workers were very nice and welcoming. enjoyed my time with them. sadly left due to health complications at the time.
Fun workplace
Sales clerk (Current Employee) –  Estevan, SK2 February 2017
Decent at the start, but slowly turned worse. Started with good hours, but then was dropped.Typical days, serving customers, clean after bad customers, get berated by drunks and rude customers, fear that at any moment i'd get robbed, find out that there were shoplifters, clean, prep food, be bored, and find opened food and drink hidden away in cooler.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Drunks, rude costumers, shoplifters
good
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 February 2017
good to work . nice team work. friendly workplace. good managers. shift availability all time . easy and flexible work. divide and work policy is good between associates.
Pros
free lunch time
Cons
nothing
Fun job, co workers are nice.
Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB1 February 2017
Was a fun job to work, unfortunately I was not able to get certain times off when I had asked. Other than that, the supervisors were great, and my co-workers at the time were quite fun to work with. Customers were usually quite easily dealt with ,as well.
Good benefits
Night Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON31 January 2017
With the dental and medical coverage and other ways to care for their employees, including a help line, it's a very secure company to work for.
good
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC21 January 2017
job was a good way to meet people and learn to deal with the public.it allowed me to learn how to work in a close /busy work place and keep up to date with cash tills ect
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
lower pay
Productive Work Place
7 - Eleven Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB20 January 2017
It's my first job on Canada, 7-Eleven helps me a lot on developing my confidence and hot to handle customer service.
I guessed the hardest part of our job is about handling some rude customers.
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
Busy, Lack of Staff, Low Salary
Productive and disciplined work place.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK19 January 2017
I learned a lot in this company and everyday learning new things. This company has provide me challenges which helps you to enhance your skills.
My days start with Cash Management and depends on the priorities. i learned about day to day operations and how to implementing new changes. Wok place culture is very good due to so much diversity one get chance to learn.
Most enjoyable part of the job is fast paced work environment. which i love the most.
Pros
Opportunity to grow
Cons
Not fixed hours
have a great castmer service and good food
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2017
i learn many things there. it is memorable part of my life and i did great fun with other.i learn how to talk with the castmer and how to sail our product
Pros
free coffe
Cons
extra over time