7-Eleven Employee Reviews in Canada

I habe fun serving customers but i don't feel safe working at night.
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMay 7, 2016
I worked night shift for 4 years and I learned how to deal with those intoxicated people comes in and out in the store. I'm not happy with the management of the store, they don't care of their staff at all. The hardest part of my job is seeing some people stealing and confronting them, its not nice feeling seeing them like that. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting nice friendly customers.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
not safe working at night
Great environment to work in
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONMay 2, 2016
Its a 24 hour open store so the day starts early.
Making food for the display along with cookies that are made daily for sales.
The lottery attracts a lot of customers.
Variety of stuff, from make-up to grocery, you'll get it all at 7-11.

One dollar coffees and slurpees are specialities.
We have a mobile application as well, which provides you every 7th drink on the house.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
Peak hours require 4 sales person at a time
People who strive to have excellent customer service
Cashier/ Cook (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMarch 28, 2016
A typical day was meeting and greeting customers with a smile and assist them when asked.
What I learned was everyday is a new day and things can happen at any moment and you just have to roll with the punch's and act calm in bad situations.
My co-workers where great and I love them like family because they where they experienced the same things as I did and can relate to me none of my friends could.
The hardest part about this job was always smiling and saying hello to everyone who came in the door.
I enjoyed meeting new people and assisting them with purchases creating a smile on their faces when they look like they had a bad day.
Pros
Free slurpee's
Cons
Theives
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Port Colborne, ONApril 14, 2016
I came into work, clocked in, counted my cash, and started the shift. Made sure food was properly up to code, and threw out and wrote off any food items that were not good anymore. Manager would leave a note of side jobs for you to do during your shift and itd be completed by the time your shift comes to an end. At the end of my shift, I count my til off, clean the area surrounding you, and make sure all food is up to date before you were to leave your shift.
Low moral and non productive work from employees
Senior Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKFebruary 26, 2016
Although I started out loving my job because it was such a huge change from working in an office, I found that as time passed employees weren't held accountable for the huge mistakes that were being made both in product and especially in customer service. I am the type of person who likes to be able to solve a problem ASAP so that the customers are satisfied and my hands are basically tied at this establishment. There are no rewards for a job well done and management plays favorites and rewards only those that their parents have worked with them at some point in time. It has become a very hard work environment to be happy with my job.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
A fast paced environment requires multitasking
Certified Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCMay 18, 2016
On some busier days, the workforce seems to be less than required which makes the job a little stressful. There is lot to learn about merchandising, retail and management skills. Conflict with co-workers affects the service of store.
Pros
A lot to learn about retail and merchandising
Cons
Less wage rate
A great place to learn customer service
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 27, 2016
It is a place to be creative to create friendships. And the opportunity for advancement. IT IS A PLACE OF HARD WORK, FAST PACED AND THERE WILL BE NO CHANCE FOR A COFFEE OR LUNCH BREAK
The manager is the person you have to admire they have had to work hard for the position and can show a great deal of stress. A person will do well if you do what you are told if not it will turn your experience to a living h***.
The chance to change store location can be a change for the better but they may ware you out before it is worth it.

It is an industry with a high STAFF turnover.

Like any workplace there is time and enjoyment of gossip and bulling. If its not your thing stay away from it and you'll be a great co-worker.
Pros
YOUR PAY CHECK IS DEPOSITED DIRECTLY TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT
Cons
DO NOT EXPECT PAY INCREASES TO BE OFTEN OR WORTH YOUR WHILE
Customer service
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 19, 2016
A typical day at work included customer service, ordering ,inventory, cashier, vendor deliveries, cash handling, banking, payroll, inventory management
Operated and in charge of store in managers absence
I had a great working relationship with fellow co workers and manager I always lead by example
The hardest part of the job was work life balance
Good job sercurity and guaranteed hours.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 13, 2016
Each day was comforting to stick to a certain routine and completing before the shift was over.

I learned how to process payroll and learned the ordering process of each section of the store for weekly stocking.

Management were very compliant and helpful when learning new skills and processing new tasks.

My fellow co-workers were mostly helpful when help was required.

The hardest part of the job, was leaving to engage back into school for Academic Upgrading, but that decision was well worth it.

The most enjoyable part of the job was engaging in the seasonal sales display it let me expand my imaginations with each display.
Pros
Free meals.
Cons
The bus schedule in the winter was very unpredictable.
Fun work with broken promises
Sr. Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 14, 2016
The job is very fun and so much opportunity to learn more. Many times I have had promises broken.

Besides that the coworkers are fun and the customers are fun to get to know. The possibility of robbery can be scary but it's not so bad if you follow rules.
Pros
varying shifts, shift work
Cons
robberies, lots of call-ins
staying on top of all duties
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMay 25, 2016
assisting customers with cashier duties, food preparation. Store cleanliness a major asset. Learned how to run a business in high stress situations involving high clientele. Security tactics in dealing with the public. Most enjoyable part was regular customer appreciation.
Pros
work morale
Cons
wages
Very busy environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABMay 27, 2016
We have a lot of customers that come in for food, gas and other items. We work in a team based environment. A lot of standing, I sometimes feel like my coworkers think they can slack off and that others will pick up the slack. The wage also makes it difficult to pay bills.
Pros
Made some friends
Cons
Low wage, no benefits
Grooming of soft and technical skills.
Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg City, MBMarch 24, 2016
Its a great and lovely environment there and its been remarkable for me work there i learned and developed many skills .All the co workers are friendly and polite so i have a great time there . Flexible schedule and really a cooperative staff.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Productive and Fun while working.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  530 Dale Blwd, Winnipeg, MBFebruary 17, 2016
It's very good experience with my current employer. It is my first employer at Winnipeg, Canada and I found it very friendly environment around the store while on work. I thought it difficult to adjust with new culture and environment however It was proved me wrong and everything was wonderful at work. All my colleague and my manage are very supportive and in just one and half week since I started work I got all knowledge about how to work. I got support from each of them and always we had lots of fun while working which never make me feel than I am new to Canada or to this company and believe me everything going well and I must say that I am perfect just in one month like all other employee of the store. I learn things faster from staff members and few from my mistake at work. I simply consider lucky to have wonderful staff as well as my knowledge to adopt things faster.
Enjoyable while working with Customers & Staff members
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 10, 2016
Over the coarse of 14 months, I did trade my ``time over money``,
I worked all 3 shifts. The morning, evening, and dreadful nights. I most enjoyed all the fast paced enviroment, it had myself busy to finsih shift work.
There was career advancement if one wished to advance. Training was helpful.
Hardest part of the job was trading time for money, rude and intoxicated customers. Few robberys were scary.
A typical day at work was, help serve customers, lotto max and lotta 649 every wednesday. thursdays, and saturdays. Counting merchandise before the next shift goes on. Writing and recording temperature logs in many of the machines you use. Prep Cooking. Cleaning the store when you get free time.
Coworkers were always enjoyable, being friendly was never an issue for myself in the job. Management was friendly too.
Pros
Free Drinks, iced coffe, coffee, slurpee. Friendly customers
Cons
Never ending cleaning, Intoxicated indiviuals
many homeless people i do not feel safe.
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BCMarch 31, 2016
ring in items, general cleaning, stocking of products, making coffee, heating food. I haven't really learned anything. Co-workers complain about whether store is clean or not all the time. If the store is dirty after I leave it doesn't mean I didn't do my job...
Good job for someone with zero experience/ student job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  British ColumbiaMarch 7, 2016
A very good company for someone who does not have work experience or part time for students. But for graduates, I don't think so, because at one point career gets stagnated.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
too much work compared to compensation
Productive and fun work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, ABMay 15, 2016
I worked all 3 shifts. The morning, evening, and nights. I most enjoyed all the fast paced environment have yourself busy until the shift ends. But mostly I worked during the night to supervise cleaning and prepare the store for the next day operation. Hardest part of the job was trading time for money, rude and intoxicated customers and the thought of robbery anytime.

A typical day at work was, I came into work, clocked in, counted my cash, and started the shift. Made sure food was properly up to code, and threw out and wrote off any food items that were not good anymore. Help serve customers in an efficient and friendly way. Counting merchandise before the next shift goes on. Writing and recording temperature logs in many of the machines you use. Make CDC, Wallace and Carey order. Prep Cooking. Cleaning the store when you get free time. Co-workers were always enjoyable, being friendly was never an issue for myself in the job.
Pros
Overtime Pay
Cons
Long Hours
It was a fun place to work at. However, the treatment was not the greatest.
Cashier and Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 13, 2015
My ex-coworkers were a pleasure to work with! My employers were constantly changing so it was a bit difficult to get to know their expectations of me. My favorite part of my job was that I could interact with customers. Thus, allowing me to explore different aspects of my job.
Pros
Free Slurpees
Cons
Multiple hours on your feet
Dynamic Workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  GTA, ONMarch 8, 2016
Dealt with staffing issues such as interviewing potential staff, conducting appraisals and performance reviews, providing or organising training and development, as well as resolving health and safety, legal and security issues

Ensured a high level of standards for quality, customer service through motivating staff, providing a positive working environment and setting standards and modeled behavior

Managed stock levels, made key decisions about stock control, organized, executed and managed marketing and merchandising programs including special promotions, displays and events

Analyzed and interpreted sales figures and trends, and forecasted future sales

Ensured that all sales targets and goals were met and/or exceeded on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis

Ensured the interior and exterior of the store was maintained to company standards

Resolved customer problems or complaints by determining optimal solutions