7-Eleven Employee Reviews

have a great castmer service and good food
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2017
i learn many things there. it is memorable part of my life and i did great fun with other.i learn how to talk with the castmer and how to sail our product
Pros
free coffe
Cons
extra over time
it was so so
Cashier, Merchanding (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC16 January 2017
It was a ok job but lack of time to get certified with lack of computer time and lack of being train with manager and the assistant manager
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC14 January 2017
Sales associate and promote of food products.
clean the store and stock products.
receive shipment and check it in.
day close and day open
increase pay $0.50 every 6 months
Customer service
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 January 2017
This was fun place too work. I Learned a lot. The People and management I worked with were helpful and friendly. Workplace environment was great, places for our things and a break area.
Very hard Working and Stressful Job
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 January 2017
I ve Been working with seven eleven for almost two years , and its very terrrible , i work in a store that is in a very rough part of the city North End , very rude and disrespetful customers and very poor management of labour and proper staff making it one sided job for an experinced individual as the management wants only you to do most things , even after you clock out after your 8 hours of work , mananger will keep you and make you work additional tasks,always under immense pressure with no raise in salary,
Pros
Good Franchise
Cons
bad location, too much work
It is good competitive environment to work in
Inventory Management (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC11 January 2017
There is a lot to learn from working in a 7-Eleven store. Like it get everything gas station, food and daily use commodities. A person can learn a lot inventory and cash management by working there. At the first time everything seems to be difficult but with time you get to know it and become good. The most amazing part was that there is something new that can be learnt on a new day.
A fun stressful workplace
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 January 2017
When I was working in this company I really love how they welcomed me as a new staff. A typical day at work is that I run the till and make sandwiches, coffee, and check if we have daily fresh goods in our shelves when I am working by myself and during the afternoons I do a store walk by checking all the machines if they're working, coffees are filled, if the stocks are filled, and I check the back if our pop and slurpee machines to get changed. I learned in this workplace that I made a strong bond with our supervisor because she knows what was happening in our store with our new manager, I learned and experienced 16 hours of working in one day and I think that made me strong and our staffs closer. The hardest part of the job is that we are located in a not so good neighbourhood therefore I have to be aware of what's really happening inside and outside of our store, and one of the hardest part is that we can't trust our new manager as she made decisions that aren't that good yet despite all this I really enjoyed my time working in this store location as I learned another language and I made regular customers that comes shares their stories whenever I am not busy.
Pros
nice coworkers and customers
Cons
manager
Fast paced and productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2017
I learn lots about Lotto, Smoke, Gas Bar . I like to learn different things in different business. I enjoyed merchandising. Management is partiality I mean different rules for different employee. Hardest part of job is night shift.
Pros
No benefits
Cons
schedule work
productive and always busy
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Slave Lake, AB4 January 2017
always a tiring day at work, busy and lots of things need to be done.
know how to manage your time
friendly and well organized
friendly and happy to work with them
delivery day at the same time busy day
friendly co-workers
up beat and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 January 2017
we served customers sotcked shelf and did invitory counts. I leraned too all was show up for the job willing and able to do the task that are needed. Cleaning the public washrooms. leraned from my management that not everything goes according to plan and you may need to find another way.
Pros
good shift
Cons
not enough money
Good Place to work as a beginner
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK31 December 2016
• All co-workers are friendly
• Management always support to build a team
• It helps to deal with customer directly & at the same time helps to do reporting activities
Great place to work at.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 December 2016
7-Eleven is a workplace where you can work and learn at the same time. You learn how to interact with different kinds of people, how to work in a team environment as a group member and also as a group leader.
Pros
Customer Interaction
Cons
Lot of work sometimes
Security in tenure
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 December 2016
Everyday mostly same routine. Work and home with balance hours. Workers are friendly. Works environment is good. Management is approachable. Flexible working hours.
Pros
Company is secured
Cons
Night shift security
Awful
Night shift sales associate (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB16 December 2016
Worst company to work for if you are english speaking and know your rights you'd understand how this bad this place is long hours lying bosses rude customers
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Good place with good customers and emploees
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 December 2016
Enjoyed my job here and really looked forward to seeing my customers every day. I had terrific employees and miss them. As a Manager if your employees did not show up for work and there was no one else to replace them the managers did the time. This was the only draw back to the job.
Pros
customers were great
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Part-time Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 December 2016
I enjoyed working at 7-11 because I got to meet a lot of cool people including my co-workers and customers. It was mostly a laid back job. You gotta be somewhat good at math. Lots of counting. Counting cigarettes, money, etc every day. The only thing I didn't agree on was throwing out still fresh donuts/pizza/hotdogs/smokies/taquitos at the end of the day instead of giving it to the homeless or poor. Other than that the job was enjoyable.
Pros
People, Music, Pizza
Cons
No free food
professional
Certified Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC6 December 2016
Everyday deal with new type of customers and know more about different kind of natures and with manager( Rajbinder sekhon) it was always fun. We were like family there and still are.
Multitasking job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2016
Good opportunities to deal with a customers.
I have learned how to do multitasking and to manage the overall store.The hardest part of the job is to work alone at peak hours.
best place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC2 December 2016
medical benefits
good wage
best place to work
good and clean atmosphere
management is so helpful
my manager help me in my hard times as well.
hardest part of the job is it goes boring for the long time
proper shifts
I would like to have lunch room for our team
Certified senior sale associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC1 December 2016
I love to build a strong team at workplace. I have been doing at my workplace since i started. Because I believe if we have supporter we can do anything as we want. Motivation is really need all time.