7-Eleven Employee Reviews

Very hard Working and Stressful Job
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 January 2017
I ve Been working with seven eleven for almost two years , and its very terrrible , i work in a store that is in a very rough part of the city North End , very rude and disrespetful customers and very poor management of labour and proper staff making it one sided job for an experinced individual as the management wants only you to do most things , even after you clock out after your 8 hours of work , mananger will keep you and make you work additional tasks,always under immense pressure with no raise in salary,
Pros
Good Franchise
Cons
bad location, too much work
Productive and disciplined work place.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK19 January 2017
I learned a lot in this company and everyday learning new things. This company has provide me challenges which helps you to enhance your skills.
My days start with Cash Management and depends on the priorities. i learned about day to day operations and how to implementing new changes. Wok place culture is very good due to so much diversity one get chance to learn.
Most enjoyable part of the job is fast paced work environment. which i love the most.
Pros
Opportunity to grow
Cons
Not fixed hours
Demanding
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB19 July 2016
Not enough money for what the company expects. You are on call 24/7. You need to be every where at once. Deal with customers and not all are sober. Upper management does not understand the day to day stress of the job. No firm company protocol the FC and Market Managers seem to make things up as they go along and you get to many different answers for the same question. No one seems to want to make a decision.
benefits
Cons
no work life balance in fact yu are expected to give up your life and family for the store
Terrible and unfair workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 September 2016
Very racially segregated company. No support from management for advancement. Salary is terrible. Complained to HR several times about the company and got no feedback.
Fast paced and productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2017
I learn lots about Lotto, Smoke, Gas Bar . I like to learn different things in different business. I enjoyed merchandising. Management is partiality I mean different rules for different employee. Hardest part of job is night shift.
Pros
No benefits
Cons
schedule work
room for advancement, fast paced and great benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC16 November 2016
I enjoyed working at 7-11 they had great benefits as well as career advancement. I felt that we were under staffed when we moved into our new location which made things difficult at times
A great place to learn customer service
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 May 2016
It is a place to be creative to create friendships. And the opportunity for advancement. IT IS A PLACE OF HARD WORK, FAST PACED AND THERE WILL BE NO CHANCE FOR A COFFEE OR LUNCH BREAK
The manager is the person you have to admire they have had to work hard for the position and can show a great deal of stress. A person will do well if you do what you are told if not it will turn your experience to a living h***.
The chance to change store location can be a change for the better but they may ware you out before it is worth it.

It is an industry with a high STAFF turnover.

Like any workplace there is time and enjoyment of gossip and bulling. If its not your thing stay away from it and you'll be a great co-worker.
Pros
YOUR PAY CHECK IS DEPOSITED DIRECTLY TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT
Cons
DO NOT EXPECT PAY INCREASES TO BE OFTEN OR WORTH YOUR WHILE
It is a good place to work in, good friendly colleagues to work with, and my manager is a really good person.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 September 2016
To be honest, 7-Eleven is good place to work in. I get to meet new people every few seconds and get to interact with them. Co-workers are really helpful and the manager is great and understanding. The hardest part of the job is that, there is no break between the 8 hours shift. An allocated break of 30 minutes would be really helpful and refreshing. It would be really hard to write everything I have learned here, some points would be, handling the till while making sure all the coffees are good and every thing is clean and tidy.Most enjoyable part of the job would be learning new things every single day and meeting random new people and being a part of their lives.
Pros
Good management
Cons
No Allocated break within the 8 hours shift
best place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC2 December 2016
medical benefits
good wage
best place to work
good and clean atmosphere
management is so helpful
my manager help me in my hard times as well.
hardest part of the job is it goes boring for the long time
proper shifts
Enjoyable while working with Customers & Staff members
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 May 2016
Over the coarse of 14 months, I did trade my ``time over money``,
I worked all 3 shifts. The morning, evening, and dreadful nights. I most enjoyed all the fast paced enviroment, it had myself busy to finsih shift work.
There was career advancement if one wished to advance. Training was helpful.
Hardest part of the job was trading time for money, rude and intoxicated customers. Few robberys were scary.
A typical day at work was, help serve customers, lotto max and lotta 649 every wednesday. thursdays, and saturdays. Counting merchandise before the next shift goes on. Writing and recording temperature logs in many of the machines you use. Prep Cooking. Cleaning the store when you get free time.
Coworkers were always enjoyable, being friendly was never an issue for myself in the job. Management was friendly too.
Pros
Free Drinks, iced coffe, coffee, slurpee. Friendly customers
Cons
Never ending cleaning, Intoxicated indiviuals
Very decent place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MB27 August 2016
Decent at the start, but slowly turned worse. Started with good hours, but then was dropped; and forced to work nights mostly alone whilst robberies were becoming more common. I loved working when i started, but slowly turned away from it due to physical and emotional problems, and added stress of not fulfilling a decent salary quota for my living. Typical days where to get to work an hour early, help previous shift clean up and prep for my shift, count tills before starting, punch in, serve customers, clean after bad customers, get berated by drunks and rude customers, fear that at any moment i'd get robbed, find out that there were shoplifters, clean, prep food, clean, be bored, and find opened food and drink hidden away in cooler.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, friendly taxi drivers as customers.
Cons
Drunks, Unsafe, Felt unwanted as an employee, Eating expired food is theft and grounds for forced leave.
Worst place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 September 2016
Forced to do night shiftsss....not at all adjusting management...worst place to work!! Very bad management....u have to do alot of work extra
Pros
Cons
Long hours, forced work, night shifts alone
Fast paced work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 November 2016
A typical work day was customer based interacting. ie sales and services , it's a fast paced work environment.
In my years of service I have learned to deal with many diverse people, treating anyone the same .. Business class or other wise.
Th hardest part of the job is the continuous standing, we are human and need to sit at some point.
The part I most enjoyed about the job in the customer interaction.
Would I recommend this job to anyone.. The answer to that is YES .
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No breaks
nice and compensable job
FULLTIME SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  philippines23 August 2016
7eleven is a very good company. they give you a full benefits and compensation. management and co workers are friendly and reliable. sometimes working on this 24 hours convenience store is scary because of roberry.
Pros
free foods
Productive but not a fun place to work.
Store Leader/ Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 July 2016
I've started as part time sales associate and now I am a store manager, This company helped me a lot about understanding management.There is no such thing as planned day at 7-eleven we have to be ready for surprises at every instance and be ready to deal with the effectively.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Salary
It is good competitive environment to work in
Inventory Management (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC11 January 2017
There is a lot to learn from working in a 7-Eleven store. Like it get everything gas station, food and daily use commodities. A person can learn a lot inventory and cash management by working there. At the first time everything seems to be difficult but with time you get to know it and become good. The most amazing part was that there is something new that can be learnt on a new day.
interesting place to work
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC14 September 2016
There was always so much to do there. I liked how busy it was. I worked every shift there from time to time. I was acting assistant manager a lot because there wasn't always an assistant manager at that store. I did everything from placing orders, to bank deposits and balancing the cash. I received orders, and put them away. I was the one everyone would call when there was a problem.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
long hours, very busy location
Sl
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 June 2016
I worked with 7-11 for 9 years a store manager and I quit last month because its a night mare to work for them lots of demands and even if you work 12 hours per day is not enough, no appreciation and even thank you for a good job.

when I asked why am not getting mu bonus the answer was there is a glitch in the system.

every one I worked with they feel bad and are looking for another job.

and every time they feel you are about to quit they will feed me the same old song for nine ( we will franchise our stores just wait until next year).

if you can find another job, do not work for this company.
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, lots to do, high turn over, demanding, once they know you need them, they will take advantage of you
Good place with good customers and emploees
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 December 2016
Enjoyed my job here and really looked forward to seeing my customers every day. I had terrific employees and miss them. As a Manager if your employees did not show up for work and there was no one else to replace them the managers did the time. This was the only draw back to the job.
Pros
customers were great
Good and bad
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC21 June 2016
Seven Elevens biggest problem is retaining workers, especially managers. The store I worked in never had a settled manager and a few of the managers they did have weren't that great. It's a stressful job, they require a lot of you as an employee you are a cook, a sales person, a cashier, a cleaner, a stock boy, a book keeper, your security, your loss prevention, a merchinsider and last of all a customer service specialist. They were notorious for dusting things under the rug. However if you got in at the right store, with the right management all of what I stated above was worth it because of the team you worked with. If you wanted to move up and take on more responsibilities they'd let you. The pay was awful (for all you were expected to do), yearly reviews offered me cents increases and they always justified even if you performed better then the previous year.