7-Eleven Employee Reviews

busy busy busy
Cashier/Customer Service/Cook (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC15 February 2017
I truly enjoyed this job and wish i was still there. lots of customer service and just as many chores, shifts fly by. cook, clean smile and help your customers as well as your co-workers.keep track of lotteries/cigs and cash on a time frame basis. place orders for stock. accept orders, put away(old to front), face store products always. stock everything always.clean as you stock, essential. and most importantly SELL SELL SELL the hot foods, which are always growing and changing. like I said shifts fly by!
Pros
my boss/ customers
Cons
trying to get everything done in time
Productive and disciplined work place.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK19 January 2017
I learned a lot in this company and everyday learning new things. This company has provide me challenges which helps you to enhance your skills.
My days start with Cash Management and depends on the priorities. i learned about day to day operations and how to implementing new changes. Wok place culture is very good due to so much diversity one get chance to learn.
Most enjoyable part of the job is fast paced work environment. which i love the most.
Pros
Opportunity to grow
Cons
Not fixed hours
7 Eleven is Okay
Certified Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Quesnel, BC3 February 2017
Location and store manager greatly determine the enjoyment of this job. 7 Eleven cannot guarantee set hours or shifts. So you must be a flexible person to work here. There is a large amount of work that needs to be done on any given day and depending on your location you may be working with one or two other people. Team work is paramount, but can be impacted by poor store leadership. The benefits are great, but you have to stick around for 1 year part-time or 6 months full-time. And 7 Eleven always hires starting at part time. So any benefits are most likely to be a year away. I have worked for 7 Eleven since May 2015 and only now just received full time hours guaranteed.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
No breaks, no employee discounts
Very hard Working and Stressful Job
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 January 2017
I ve Been working with seven eleven for almost two years , and its very terrrible , i work in a store that is in a very rough part of the city North End , very rude and disrespetful customers and very poor management of labour and proper staff making it one sided job for an experinced individual as the management wants only you to do most things , even after you clock out after your 8 hours of work , mananger will keep you and make you work additional tasks,always under immense pressure with no raise in salary,
Pros
Good Franchise
Cons
bad location, too much work
Great place to learn lots and get lots of experience.
Store Manager / Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC12 February 2017
Lots of good and bad things about this company. I have learned lots of great business, marketing and managing skills here. Do not particularly enjoy how the company treats their employees however. Would still recommend job to others wanting that type of experience.
Pros
Great benefits. Lots to learn.
Cons
Stressful. Long hours. Extremely short deadlines. No humanity.
It is good competitive environment to work in
Inventory Management (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC11 January 2017
There is a lot to learn from working in a 7-Eleven store. Like it get everything gas station, food and daily use commodities. A person can learn a lot inventory and cash management by working there. At the first time everything seems to be difficult but with time you get to know it and become good. The most amazing part was that there is something new that can be learnt on a new day.
Fun workplace
Sales clerk (Current Employee) –  Estevan, SK2 February 2017
Decent at the start, but slowly turned worse. Started with good hours, but then was dropped.Typical days, serving customers, clean after bad customers, get berated by drunks and rude customers, fear that at any moment i'd get robbed, find out that there were shoplifters, clean, prep food, be bored, and find opened food and drink hidden away in cooler.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Drunks, rude costumers, shoplifters
Productive and fun work place
Part-time Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 December 2016
I enjoyed working at 7-11 because I got to meet a lot of cool people including my co-workers and customers. It was mostly a laid back job. You gotta be somewhat good at math. Lots of counting. Counting cigarettes, money, etc every day. The only thing I didn't agree on was throwing out still fresh donuts/pizza/hotdogs/smokies/taquitos at the end of the day instead of giving it to the homeless or poor. Other than that the job was enjoyable.
Pros
People, Music, Pizza
Cons
No free food
Poor management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada6 February 2017
Poor management with no accountability. Disorganized and reactionary...should be union because it is over wrought with union mentality. Needs "new blood" to make some big changes - maybe new CEO will see that.
Pros
if you are okay with being mediocre you can stick around for 20+ years
Cons
if you are not okay with being less than the best it is frustrating and spirit killing
Fast paced work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 November 2016
A typical work day was customer based interacting. ie sales and services , it's a fast paced work environment.
In my years of service I have learned to deal with many diverse people, treating anyone the same .. Business class or other wise.
Th hardest part of the job is the continuous standing, we are human and need to sit at some point.
The part I most enjoyed about the job in the customer interaction.
Would I recommend this job to anyone.. The answer to that is YES .
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No breaks
Working with good people and helping customers.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 October 2016
Working at 7/11 was quite a learning experience, learning how to handle people that were drinking and handling hard tasks with quickly.
The co-workers were okay...well some were, what I learned about them is that its not good to keep certain thing from the boss.
I thing the hardest part about working there is dealing with the shoplifters, I had to write down every single thing that they took, then calling the head office to report it, it was unnecessary.
Pros
meeting new people and getting to know them
Cons
The co-workers were sneaking around and getting into truoble and I was getting blamed for it.
reputable company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB25 October 2016
they have organised training plans for new hires, fast-paced environment with constant customer interactions.
my manager oversee her need with manpower and apparently she hired too many which affected my schedule drastically since i only worked part time & was hired few months ago.
hardest part maybe dealing with old staffs who were there almost forever because they are so used with what they were doing, they are hesitant to follow the standard and they are always complaining about their jobs.
the enjoyable part is to be able to meet new people as our customers and be able to give them the customer service they deserve.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no hours
Productive at work and learning
Supervisor/Cashier, Part time (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2017
7-Eleven is place where you meet different kinds of people as a cashier.so apart from work, i have learned how to deal and understand the requirements of people as they approach me.

It was my first place to work in Canada, which taught me everything about the great country.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Plenty of stocking jobs at night and less hours during the day.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 October 2016
They hired too many employees and laid off. The manager sent me to too many different locations within the company and did not pay for my additional gasoline and transportation needs. An my first weeks supplement paycheck did not include groceries as they held on to my check for one week.
Pros
They provided the training.
Cons
Not enough day time hours.
Good place with good customers and emploees
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 December 2016
Enjoyed my job here and really looked forward to seeing my customers every day. I had terrific employees and miss them. As a Manager if your employees did not show up for work and there was no one else to replace them the managers did the time. This was the only draw back to the job.
Pros
customers were great
Cons
Very fast pace lots to do in so little time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 November 2016
Worked my way up to assistant manager in two years, working straight mid-nights for the first six years. Moved to a store in my city closer to my home. Hardest part was working with other employees that didn't have the same work ethitcs, so you where doing your work plus theirs. Learning every thing I learned there and meeting the customers
up beat and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 January 2017
we served customers sotcked shelf and did invitory counts. I leraned too all was show up for the job willing and able to do the task that are needed. Cleaning the public washrooms. leraned from my management that not everything goes according to plan and you may need to find another way.
Pros
good shift
Cons
not enough money
They want to much of you
General manager (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC15 February 2017
I found that they asked way to much of you in a day to get things done, The day to day is hard to keep up, They want the store to look amazing and for you to cook in the back and make sure everything is away at the end of your day no matter how long you are there for hour wise
Pros
big company
Cons
Day to day
great cooperation with my co-worker
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  深圳市21 September 2016
After i graduated from high school i found this job in 711 as my summer job.i mostly did the nightshift ,its not easy for a beginner to stay up for month. the main job of the nightshift is stocking shelves .there are dozens of boxes arrived everyday so it really a big work. that is to say, it need our division should be clear-cut.my co-worker is a nice guy who always willing to give sb a hand.he can managed the job orderly and taught me patiently.i learned how to arrange my job from him and we can always finished the job efficiently.
Fast paced and productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2017
I learn lots about Lotto, Smoke, Gas Bar . I like to learn different things in different business. I enjoyed merchandising. Management is partiality I mean different rules for different employee. Hardest part of job is night shift.
Pros
No benefits
Cons
schedule work