7-Eleven Employee Reviews

Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC22 March 2017
A typical day kept me busy and made the day go by fast.
I loved seeing new faces as well as the returning customers we had everyday.
Management was amazing! very understanding of me as I was currently 6 months pregnant when they hired me.
I enjoyed the fast paced day. I worked hard to show that just because I was pregnant does not mean I was unable to work full days, full time and I can work just as hard as everyone else. Pregnancy was not a crutch for me.
Hardest part of the job was finding all the specific tobacco brands as I was not a smoker.
Best part was feeling like family when I went to work everyday.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
rude or unsettling customers late at night.
Boring and lots of work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC21 March 2017
The work here is way too much and you personally have to do a lot and they hardly appreciate their employees, only My Manager is the only person who takes care of her staff no matter what her superior says. Job isn't hard but not easy as well.
productive and effective workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2017
Good opportunities to deal with customers.
I have learned how to do multitasking and to manage the overall store. overall a good place to work and improve
Pros
good franchise
Cons
work alone during peak hours
nice place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 March 2017
lots of hours, hard working staff and management while i worked there was construction place was slow. not a bad thing.. got a heat wave could not keep up with slurpees
Pros
free slurpees while you work
Cons
spent my summer working
A great part time work experience
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC10 March 2017
a monotonous, yet dynamic culture at work.
I learned a lot about handling and supervising store and its tasks.
Management was good.
It has a nice culture, small petty tasks, easy to handle and meeting new and regular customers.
Hard part was our manager was very strict and mistake finder, but overall kept a good discipline at store.

The most enjoyable part was how once you master your tasks, it becomes predictable and work becomes fun.
Pros
chances of promotion
Cons
very busy at times, too many things to handle
Reasonable work place
Certified Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chetwynd, BC10 March 2017
Typical day aside from serving customers is a lot of cleaning. The management in the locations I worked were good. Hardest part was dealing with the trouble customers and shoplifters.
Pros
Decent and steady hours
Cons
No control over whom you deal with
A great place to work in with great colleagues
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2017
I have learned a lot of things here, using the till properly, handling difficult customers and many more. The management is great for the store that I work in, the manager understands situations and always try her best to help every employee. The least favorite thing in this job for me is asking people for their ID knowing they are over 18.
Pros
Free drinks and great managements
Cons
Work-Life balance is hard to maintain in 7-Eleven
Night Shift
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, AB6 March 2017
for nightshift . I was in charge of filling the vault. sanitizing the bibs and changing them. if any ordering was not put into the system I would finish it. I put away the order. I was considered the nightshift supervisor with no raise.
Pros
costumers
Cons
managment
Easy work environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 March 2017
A generally unpleasant experience do to poor management. Always need to call police for theft and abusers to staff by customers
Pros
Free beverages
Cons
Bad management
Productive workplace with always having something to do
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON26 February 2017
A usual day at work contained a moderate list of things to do which normally would take about 6 hours to complete on a busy day with customers, etc. The hardest part of the job is the location, you could run into sketchy people that constantly steal, or like to start drama, or there are the most friendly locals that come in everyday for their coffee. One of the most enjoyable parts of this job were listening to peoples stories and looking at their smiles, always set the mood in for the rest of the morning.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Free Soft Drinks, Free Coffee.
Cons
Being around hot food all the time and not being able to eat it.
productive and learning environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC25 February 2017
i love to do part time job in this co-operate house. i have learned a lot of thing while working in this 7- eleven. Management is also good because they take care of their employee well.
7-11 Camrose
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Camrose, AB22 February 2017
It's a fun place to work but the hours are not enough at the moment people are great to work with customers are great they make the store the food is great management is alright
its much hard job for people who's starting
Handling cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 February 2017
fun work
not much hard
its near in my place so its easy for me
good people to work with
good schedule for mother like me
working hours is not enough most of the time is less
Pros
free drinks
Cons
sometimes hours is less
productive - good cannadian experince
Cashier (Current Employee) –  1390 Weston Rd, Toronto, ON M6M 4S220 February 2017
In this work to learn how to adapt to the conditions quickly and customer service and strengthen the communication skills you have and how do they work as a team and the hardest thing that you should do several tasks at the same time
Pros
Patience
Cons
hard job
Productive at work and learning
Supervisor/Cashier, Part time (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2017
7-Eleven is place where you meet different kinds of people as a cashier.so apart from work, i have learned how to deal and understand the requirements of people as they approach me.

It was my first place to work in Canada, which taught me everything about the great country.
Pros
Good management
Terrible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Martensville, SK18 February 2017
This is the worst place I have ever worked. Workers are not treated well at all. This job has put me through so much stress. No matter how hard we have tried we will never be good enough.
Cons
They want to much of you
General manager (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC15 February 2017
I found that they asked way to much of you in a day to get things done, The day to day is hard to keep up, They want the store to look amazing and for you to cook in the back and make sure everything is away at the end of your day no matter how long you are there for hour wise
Pros
big company
Cons
Day to day
busy busy busy
Cashier/Customer Service/Cook (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC15 February 2017
I truly enjoyed this job and wish i was still there. lots of customer service and just as many chores, shifts fly by. cook, clean smile and help your customers as well as your co-workers.keep track of lotteries/cigs and cash on a time frame basis. place orders for stock. accept orders, put away(old to front), face store products always. stock everything always.clean as you stock, essential. and most importantly SELL SELL SELL the hot foods, which are always growing and changing. like I said shifts fly by!
Pros
my boss/ customers
Cons
trying to get everything done in time
busy and fast paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Airy, ON14 February 2017
the typical day went by fast. I was always busy, no time to watch the clock. I would learn how to do new things almost everyday..i got to meet and talk to lots of new people everyday.
Pros
never bored. never alone.
Cons
no time to sit. missing my kids.
Great place to learn lots and get lots of experience.
Store Manager / Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC12 February 2017
Lots of good and bad things about this company. I have learned lots of great business, marketing and managing skills here. Do not particularly enjoy how the company treats their employees however. Would still recommend job to others wanting that type of experience.
Pros
Great benefits. Lots to learn.
Cons
Stressful. Long hours. Extremely short deadlines. No humanity.

71%