7-Eleven
1,335 reviews

7-Eleven Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
it wasnt a bad place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), St. Paul, ABDecember 11, 2014
Cons: to many over time
they would ask me to work over time 3 shifts in a row even though i had a child to take care of they didnt care if u had children. there were more people that worked there that didnt have kids but they would only ask me if i could work over time, yes over time was great but not almost 3 days in a row.
Terrible Company
Certified Sales Associate (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 25, 2014
Pros: free slurpees during shift
Cons: communication does not exist
All I will say is I was fired in September and I still don't know why. Good luck if you work there, management is a joke and HR is a joke.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 21, 2014
Great and energetic place to work and excellent opportunity to grow.
Great chance to meet people from various backgrounds.
Learn new skills and meet challenging timelines.
Will feel being a part of a growing company that considers their employees as their asset.
New experience
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKNovember 20, 2014
I am working in all shifts 24X7 and learned new experience eg: Sales, Service and Customers satisfactions etc.
I am working normally in all situations.
and i am working friendly with my team.
Productive and fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 19, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: some long hours
I became assistant manager after one year. I caught on to all manager tasks fast. I loved working with the public and with numbers.
This simply was The Best Job I have ever had!
Full time store clerk (Former Employee), Calgary, AB.November 11, 2014
Right? 7-Eleven! I don't know if it was the staff or the standard we were held to as employees there, but this job was phenomenal.
A fun job you need work ethic to do well and enjoy, is tough at times
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Nelson, BCNovember 1, 2014
Pros: free hot chocolate/slurpie/coffee up to one cup of either, flexible hours, nice co-workers and managers, there's never nothing to do; always something to do, you get an excuse to talk to random strangers, you're never alone on holidays, which are the worst
Cons: no breaks if there's customers in the store and you're the only one in, it can get hectic and fairly stressful, sometimes someone may be in the backroom and you may be all alone most of the time, holidays are the worst like all other stores.
Typical days at this job, you're juggling multiple tasks at once.
You're often refilling slurpie and coffee cups, making sure the roller grills are stocked with the right numbers of different kinds of hotdogs and smokies, while making sure they stay fresh, and tending to customers who are buying products or asking to get filled up at a pump for a certain – more... amount.
All at the same time, i feel like it's worthy of mention, you're multi-tasking all these, and even after those, there's keeping the store floor clean, all the products fronted and faced, making sure the windows are cleaned, and even keeping hot chocolate and coffee machines clean and filled, even making sure the bathrooms are cleaned aswell.
At the end of shift, there's counting the money, putting about 80-95% of it away for storing, save for coins, only bills, making sure to put all 50s away and every 5 20s away.
If there's nothing to do, you're checking everything to make sure it's all good, clean, fresh and stocked. There's always something to do, you're never bored and I love it.

I personally have learned that there's always something to do, how to properly clean windows, coffee trays/machines, making coffee, how to operate store computers such as the till's touch screen interfaces, authorizing gas pumps, I've even learned more about foodsafe while doing the online training at work.
Everything I did above, I can do nowadays.

The Managers were very nice and sociable, the interview for the job wasn't stressful or anxiety-inducing, they did a good job of making sure I didn't feel like it was an interrogation, which made me excited for the job. They were always on top of things and doing something when at work.

My co-workers were also fairly nice, a couple were a bit bossy at times, but that's guaranteed if you're in training after all. nobody really hung me out to dry during my training period which was very nice, and for the most part they taught me well in how to do everything, though not well enough to keep the job after the training period. But I know that I can be welcomed back with more experience under my belt so it's all good either way.

The Hardest Part of the job would have to be serving the food while completing transactions for people, while others need gas and are already inside, only once have I ever actually screwed up on the job however, which was at that specific time, I handled it fairly well, save for when afterwards I started having a panic attack and had to take a 5 minute break.
It's the time where multiple people who all need different things comes in, when the job reaches the biggest point of difficulty.

The part I loved most about working at 7-Eleven, would be any time I would be fronting and facing products and just organizing things, I'm very good at it after all, one easily enjoys what they're good at usually.
Other than that, it would be whenever i get to talk to people, since as a cashier you're also a greeter, but kinda have to greet others, even while multi-tasking. – less
poor training, horrible work atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee), Vernon, BCOctober 10, 2014
Pros: had a few staff members that were easy and fun to work with
Cons: poor unhappy work enviroment
staff had very poor training or little to none.. work was never being done properly or done at all, 3 good employees had to pick up all the slackers, i came into work one day and everything in the freezer was dumped into one pile on the floor! could not take it anymore so looked for better employment
first job in canada
Certified Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee), surrey,bcOctober 6, 2014
Pros: salary on time
Cons: long hours
Patrol the premises and adjacent areas
Investigate and report any suspicious activity
Take necessary action on spot when needed
good job experience and its a easy job to do
Sales Associate (P/T) (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 5, 2014
my shift is overnight shift, I usually spend half of my shift to do the ordering and re-organizing the merchandises and also need to the cleaning for the next day operation
nice workplace
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lloydminster, SKSeptember 5, 2014
its nice place good co workers i enjoy my work i like my job love what im doing everyday i learned a lot in 7-11 before im too shy person but not anymore..
Fast paced enviroment
Overnight Sales Associate (Former Employee), Strathroy, ONSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: got to work midnight shifts
Cons: store closed
1.Sell gas and food/drink products to customers.
2.People will pay anything for the gas they need.
3.Management was fair and responsible.
4.Coworkers where wonderful.
5.Dealing with drunks
6.Working midnights
fun w/ my co workers
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto OntarioAugust 16, 2014
learned a good communication to others especially to the costumer management are very good
Good Job for Starter/Beginner
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 5, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: working hours
Not a "FOR GOOD" Job.

Multitasking, doing paperwork and serving customers at the same time. The hardest part of this job is when you are working alone. What if you need to no.1 and no.2? what if you encounter some problems and you cannot resolve it alone?
Same regular work duties
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 4, 2014
Pros: nothing is free, we pay same as customers
Cons: more work and very less pay
Well i worked with the company for 9 months before i came to Edmonton. I felt the work load was very high and the pay was quite less. The managers saved on labour to making their own money and thus the work load would be more on one person. It is ok for one who is new to canada and want to work in and get canadian experience. Other than that i dont – more... feel it worth to work there. – less
Evenly productive and fun
Assisting AT&T users (Current Employee), Ortigas, PhilippinesJuly 24, 2014
Pros: amenities
Cons: can't think of any
It was fun working on a place where you are really at home. When you feel comfortable with your workmates.
It was an awesome place to work with the diveerse of different people every day
Cashier (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCJuly 9, 2014
the main goal was to make sure the customers would be happy
it would start with cash do our daily chores in between customers

to make sure the customers were satisfied
my management and co workers were awesome
the hardest part was dealing with angry and Intoxicated customers

the most enjoyable time was talking to customers
flexible job with room for advancement
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Camrose, ABJune 24, 2014
Pros: flexible shifts, medical benefits
Cons: open 24 hrs 365 days a year so must work christmas day as it is a very busy day
When fully staffed and things are going smoothly very flexible hours to accommodate the staff. There is plenty of room for advancement for employees willing to learn and many aspects to the job to keep from being bored at work.
Most of the staff are very flexible and helpful. They try their best to be helpful and put new employees at ease with a willingness – more... to answer any questions. For the most part cheery staff who make a fun yet productive work day. The customers are incredible.
The hardest part of the job is covering for the less reliable employees which the company is working on – less
free drinks
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCJune 6, 2014
free fountain drinks and terrible management while I was there
Never Again
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Prince RupertJune 4, 2014
Took the job right out of high school. Worked until I didn't want to anymore. The store closed because of a labor dispute.

1 2 3 4 5

About 7-Eleven

"If convenience stores are open 24 hours, why the locks on their doors?" If anyone knows, it's 7-Eleven. The North American subsidiary – Read more