7-Eleven Employee Reviews

Very hard Working and Stressful Job
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 January 2017
I ve Been working with seven eleven for almost two years , and its very terrrible , i work in a store that is in a very rough part of the city North End , very rude and disrespetful customers and very poor management of labour and proper staff making it one sided job for an experinced individual as the management wants only you to do most things , even after you clock out after your 8 hours of work , mananger will keep you and make you work additional tasks,always under immense pressure with no raise in salary,
Pros
Good Franchise
Cons
bad location, too much work
Productive and fun work place
Part-time Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 December 2016
I enjoyed working at 7-11 because I got to meet a lot of cool people including my co-workers and customers. It was mostly a laid back job. You gotta be somewhat good at math. Lots of counting. Counting cigarettes, money, etc every day. The only thing I didn't agree on was throwing out still fresh donuts/pizza/hotdogs/smokies/taquitos at the end of the day instead of giving it to the homeless or poor. Other than that the job was enjoyable.
Pros
People, Music, Pizza
Cons
No free food
It is good competitive environment to work in
Inventory Management (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC11 January 2017
There is a lot to learn from working in a 7-Eleven store. Like it get everything gas station, food and daily use commodities. A person can learn a lot inventory and cash management by working there. At the first time everything seems to be difficult but with time you get to know it and become good. The most amazing part was that there is something new that can be learnt on a new day.
Fast paced work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 November 2016
A typical work day was customer based interacting. ie sales and services , it's a fast paced work environment.
In my years of service I have learned to deal with many diverse people, treating anyone the same .. Business class or other wise.
Th hardest part of the job is the continuous standing, we are human and need to sit at some point.
The part I most enjoyed about the job in the customer interaction.
Would I recommend this job to anyone.. The answer to that is YES .
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No breaks
Working with good people and helping customers.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 October 2016
Working at 7/11 was quite a learning experience, learning how to handle people that were drinking and handling hard tasks with quickly.
The co-workers were okay...well some were, what I learned about them is that its not good to keep certain thing from the boss.
I thing the hardest part about working there is dealing with the shoplifters, I had to write down every single thing that they took, then calling the head office to report it, it was unnecessary.
Pros
meeting new people and getting to know them
Cons
The co-workers were sneaking around and getting into truoble and I was getting blamed for it.
reputable company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB25 October 2016
they have organised training plans for new hires, fast-paced environment with constant customer interactions.
my manager oversee her need with manpower and apparently she hired too many which affected my schedule drastically since i only worked part time & was hired few months ago.
hardest part maybe dealing with old staffs who were there almost forever because they are so used with what they were doing, they are hesitant to follow the standard and they are always complaining about their jobs.
the enjoyable part is to be able to meet new people as our customers and be able to give them the customer service they deserve.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no hours
Plenty of stocking jobs at night and less hours during the day.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 October 2016
They hired too many employees and laid off. The manager sent me to too many different locations within the company and did not pay for my additional gasoline and transportation needs. An my first weeks supplement paycheck did not include groceries as they held on to my check for one week.
Pros
They provided the training.
Cons
Not enough day time hours.
Very fast pace lots to do in so little time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 November 2016
Worked my way up to assistant manager in two years, working straight mid-nights for the first six years. Moved to a store in my city closer to my home. Hardest part was working with other employees that didn't have the same work ethitcs, so you where doing your work plus theirs. Learning every thing I learned there and meeting the customers
great cooperation with my co-worker
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  深圳市21 September 2016
After i graduated from high school i found this job in 711 as my summer job.i mostly did the nightshift ,its not easy for a beginner to stay up for month. the main job of the nightshift is stocking shelves .there are dozens of boxes arrived everyday so it really a big work. that is to say, it need our division should be clear-cut.my co-worker is a nice guy who always willing to give sb a hand.he can managed the job orderly and taught me patiently.i learned how to arrange my job from him and we can always finished the job efficiently.
Good place with good customers and emploees
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK9 December 2016
Enjoyed my job here and really looked forward to seeing my customers every day. I had terrific employees and miss them. As a Manager if your employees did not show up for work and there was no one else to replace them the managers did the time. This was the only draw back to the job.
Pros
customers were great
interesting place to work
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC14 September 2016
There was always so much to do there. I liked how busy it was. I worked every shift there from time to time. I was acting assistant manager a lot because there wasn't always an assistant manager at that store. I did everything from placing orders, to bank deposits and balancing the cash. I received orders, and put them away. I was the one everyone would call when there was a problem.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
long hours, very busy location
up beat and fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 January 2017
we served customers sotcked shelf and did invitory counts. I leraned too all was show up for the job willing and able to do the task that are needed. Cleaning the public washrooms. leraned from my management that not everything goes according to plan and you may need to find another way.
Pros
good shift
Cons
not enough money
It was a job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB3 September 2016
I worked the cashier and spent time cleaning up and cooking good when we had no customers. It was a decent job, but paid horribly, the hours were harsh, and was in a really dangerous neighbourhood with junkies coming in every night. So, when I saved up some money, I gave my two weeks and took some time off to study.
Pros
Plenty of hours, good co-workers, good learning experience
Cons
Minimal benefits, poor pay, horrible neighbourhood
It is a good place to work in, good friendly colleagues to work with, and my manager is a really good person.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 September 2016
To be honest, 7-Eleven is good place to work in. I get to meet new people every few seconds and get to interact with them. Co-workers are really helpful and the manager is great and understanding. The hardest part of the job is that, there is no break between the 8 hours shift. An allocated break of 30 minutes would be really helpful and refreshing. It would be really hard to write everything I have learned here, some points would be, handling the till while making sure all the coffees are good and every thing is clean and tidy.Most enjoyable part of the job would be learning new things every single day and meeting random new people and being a part of their lives.
Pros
Good management
Cons
No Allocated break within the 8 hours shift
Fast paced and productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2017
I learn lots about Lotto, Smoke, Gas Bar . I like to learn different things in different business. I enjoyed merchandising. Management is partiality I mean different rules for different employee. Hardest part of job is night shift.
Pros
No benefits
Cons
schedule work
Good Learning
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC6 October 2016
I found the job as a multi task , time management because the system of the store is designed in a way that you have to take the order and deliver the items to the customer in couple of minutes,
so you have to be ready and quick in all your job hours time.
Pros
learning of world largest store chain
Cons
over all tough
Fulfilling work days
Manager, Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON1 October 2016
Long work days. Company is more than willing to train staff and promote within. Co-workers are great to work with. The hardest part is having the staff to meet the store needs. The most enjoyable part is that you have a sense of fulfillment you get with a job well done.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 September 2016
It is a productive and interesting workplace.my coworkers are nice and our realationship is really good that we could rely to each other which make the job interesting,easier and enjoyable.And the customers in the neighborhood are very polite and respectful.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
An okay company for the store employee but not the office
Accounting Liaison Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 July 2016
Daily office deposit, invoice reconciliation, collection calls or emails to vendors. Monthly duties, trial balances, budgets.

Overall the company was great to work for, most of our positions have been moved to the United States and we were not offered the opportunity to move with them.

Office staff worked as a team to make a successful work experience

The hardest part of my job was being the only person in Canada to do the accounts receivable with no back up. Stressful at month end to ensure you meet deadlines
Pros
Great co workers
Great place to work at.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 December 2016
7-Eleven is a workplace where you can work and learn at the same time. You learn how to interact with different kinds of people, how to work in a team environment as a group member and also as a group leader.
Pros
Customer Interaction
Cons
Lot of work sometimes