7-Eleven Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 25, 2016
Working at 7 eleven was great, learned a lot on how to operate the store. Get along well with my co-workers. I always consider change as a challenge at work and I enjoy serving customers.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Sometimes, long hours
An okay company for the store employee but not the office
Accounting Liaison Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJuly 23, 2016
Daily office deposit, invoice reconciliation, collection calls or emails to vendors. Monthly duties, trial balances, budgets.

Overall the company was great to work for, most of our positions have been moved to the United States and we were not offered the opportunity to move with them.

Office staff worked as a team to make a successful work experience

The hardest part of my job was being the only person in Canada to do the accounts receivable with no back up. Stressful at month end to ensure you meet deadlines
Pros
Great co workers
Demanding
Manager (Former Employee) –  Edson, ABJuly 19, 2016
Not enough money for what the company expects. You are on call 24/7. You need to be every where at once. Deal with customers and not all are sober. Upper management does not understand the day to day stress of the job. No firm company protocol the FC and Market Managers seem to make things up as they go along and you get to many different answers for the same question. No one seems to want to make a decision.
benefits
Cons
no work life balance in fact yu are expected to give up your life and family for the store
Poor management
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCJuly 18, 2016
Hours were terrible and boss was unwilling to work with my schedule even when i was hired i explained my limitations. would not work there again with that management
Productive but not a fun place to work.
Store Leader/ Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 16, 2016
I've started as part time sales associate and now I am a store manager, This company helped me a lot about understanding management.There is no such thing as planned day at 7-eleven we have to be ready for surprises at every instance and be ready to deal with the effectively.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Salary
Good Place Of work Lacks Good Managment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCJuly 12, 2016
was a great place too work i enjoyed working and getting to know the customers but management skills was lacking in skills for the employees they did not help when needed and never had a stable schedule always had to check once too twice a day
they where never on time and kept paychecks for final pay never received and the pay rate does not seem fair you do more work then what your paid to doo and safety in the workplace was never in question unsafe work conditions
Pros
Free Slurpees
Cons
Not Enough time for Breaks
was a nice job and lots of free drinks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, ABJuly 6, 2016
the staff was all friendle and i got to meet alote of new people and build lots of customer skills i also learned how to be a cashier
Sl
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCJune 30, 2016
I worked with 7-11 for 9 years a store manager and I quit last month because its a night mare to work for them lots of demands and even if you work 12 hours per day is not enough, no appreciation and even thank you for a good job.

when I asked why am not getting mu bonus the answer was there is a glitch in the system.

every one I worked with they feel bad and are looking for another job.

and every time they feel you are about to quit they will feed me the same old song for nine ( we will franchise our stores just wait until next year).

if you can find another job, do not work for this company.
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, lots to do, high turn over, demanding, once they know you need them, they will take advantage of you
Overall, a difficult job.
Certified Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 29, 2016
Enjoyable enough workplace with a lot to do, though workers will find that they are always busy.
Some locations are quite busy and you will not get a break even if you work it out with your co-worker to try and get one as the stores can get very busy quickly.
Employee reviews are done yearly, wage increases are scant and in my personal experience I did not receive one in my first year as I did not contribute enough to food sales which 7-Eleven has a strong focus on trying to sell.
I learnt how to work quickly, precisely, under pressure and politely with a very large customer base, as well as better time management and good forecasting skills for ordering products.
Scheduled shifts are not planned very well if one calls in sick, in some cases an 8 hour day can turn into a 12 hour one.
Some midnight workers are solo through the night but usually after you have worked at the location for some time and management believes you can take it.
The job was difficult but I feel it has taught me a lot, I would not suggest this job to one who would like to take breaks and sit down on the job, you will be on your feet around the cash register working with food products, selling products and keeping things in order around the store for the whole shift on most days.
Pros
Free drinks from the machines (Coffee, Slurpee, Fountain pop)
Cons
Too fast paced for some workers. Work schedule is planned poorly
Productive Workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (FULL TIME/PART TIME) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 25, 2016
Typical day at work. Help/Assist customers daily for their various needs. Food, Coffee, Snacks, Desserts and Beverage are some of the variety available at the store.
Pros
Good workplace
Co-Workers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKJune 25, 2016
My Co-workers at this job had been he best. They have all been very helpful and responsible people. The hard part of Job was dealing with the customers who are not good verbally with the employees.
Pros
Variety of work
Cons
Sometimes it gets hard to satisfay the customers
Productive and provides slurpees on shift
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SKJune 21, 2016
My typical day at work at 7-Eleven would be filling the lottery up front ,counting cartons and "The Singles" cigarettes while running the till. Occasionally I would walk around the store keep it clean and organized, wash windows and doors as well as sweep and mop. I would cook pizza and make pizza boxes for full orders. I also cooked things like "mini tacos", mini churros, wings, meatball kabobs, I also baked cookies on the morning shifts. Before and after every shift we would "cashout our till", I would count the safe and the money left in my cash register and I would do all the math from cashout and counting cigarettes as well as cartons and the lottery records. I got along with most of my co - workers, some of them didn't take me as seriously as others because of my age. I felt discriminated and a lot of gossiping was happening and every shift two clerks were running till and almost every shift one employee would not fully do their job or slack. Hardest part about my job was training new employees and running till alone with a lineup to the other end of the store. Being left alone on till with 30 customers is challenging but every time I managed to deal with it and keep up. Occasionally I would receive complements from customers about my great hard working customer service. The most enjoyable part about that job was seeing so many familiar faces come through the door and running the till.
Pros
Free Slurpees on shift only
Cons
No discounts
Good and bad
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCJune 21, 2016
Seven Elevens biggest problem is retaining workers, especially managers. The store I worked in never had a settled manager and a few of the managers they did have weren't that great. It's a stressful job, they require a lot of you as an employee you are a cook, a sales person, a cashier, a cleaner, a stock boy, a book keeper, your security, your loss prevention, a merchinsider and last of all a customer service specialist. They were notorious for dusting things under the rug. However if you got in at the right store, with the right management all of what I stated above was worth it because of the team you worked with. If you wanted to move up and take on more responsibilities they'd let you. The pay was awful (for all you were expected to do), yearly reviews offered me cents increases and they always justified even if you performed better then the previous year.
Challenging
Manager (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCJune 20, 2016
It was a good experience, I had the chance to prove myself but Health Care was always something in the back on my mind so I switch carreer.
Never Bored
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 20, 2016
As displeased as I was that there was never legitmate breaks whilst working a 8 hour shift I still managed to make sure I ate and I was never not busy so the shift seemed to fly by.
Pros
Great hours, Consistent Schedule, Busy work.
Cons
No Breaks, Bad Management, None reliable employees
overall, it was good working @ 7-11
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 16, 2016
Seven-Eleven is very near our place. I had good hours at eight hours a day. I had very good relations with the customers and with my peers.
Pros
free drinks/coffee
Cons
sometimes asked to work grave yard shift
enjoyed job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 13, 2016
enjoyed job with variety of staff and customers. only left because over night shifts became a problem with family at the time so i changed to a day job
Exciting and Fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 7, 2016
I have learned how to deal with people. Its very busy everyday at work because I have to deal with the customers and I also have to finish my task assignments.
Pros
not boring
Cons
cant take a break
thumbs way down
SALES (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 31, 2016
i hate every day of my life that i work here because of how little they care about their staff company wide. worker rights are regularly violated but i am too broke to leave
Pros
many on paper, none in reality
Cons
every day i work here
great to be able to learn all the skills I gained from that job.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Prince Rupert, BCMay 31, 2016
I learned so much computer skills and management qualitites.Machine maintence was learnt. cashing out capablitlty was taught very well.
Pros
hours were very good
Cons
Nothing was free