7-Eleven
2,051 reviews

7-Eleven Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work and always have things to do
Assistant Store Leader (Former Employee), Vernon, BCJuly 22, 2015
Pros: free slurpees
Cons: being on call 24/7
7 Eleven was a great place of employment for the 9 years I spent there. I learned so much working there and had a lot of great people to work with.
Not fun
Sales Clerk (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Good place to meet people
Cons: To many customers stealing. High risk for violence.
To many lazy employees makes it hard for the hard workers to do there job properly. The good workers have to do their work and help the others so it makes there job stress full.
It is fun working here. I enjoy doing my job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2015
It's a very challenging job. Specially on weekends it's busy and we see a line of customers. All the co-workers are very helping and we have a great bonding between us. Have created a strong relationships with the staff working here.
Excellent place to serve people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJune 29, 2015
Pros: Free slurpee and coffee for employees
Cons: Always available for work
I maintained store, and delivered customer service almost every night, always available in case of other coworkers non availability, I learnt a lot from 7-Eleven, like how to maintain a store, handle cash, customer service, inventory management, performance management. I found excellent store managers, the stores was managed by qualified professionals and exceed their goals most of the time, i found my coworkers, supportive and flexible. The hardest part of my job was to stay focus in night shift and provide accurate, fast customer service; and the most enjoyable part was to enjoy free Slurpee and coffee.
when staff worked as team we are very productive and enjoyed working
Certified Store Manager (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKJune 28, 2015
Pros: meeting wonderful people on a daily basis
Cons: being called in the middle of the night because we got robbed
each day was different started the day with a store walk ( mini inspection) that help produce task assignment for the day.balance previous day cash report deposits and variations of cash cigerettes and lottery.checked in vendors.reconciled invoices to merchedise reports.checked emails,did ordering,verified writeoffs were done properly for the day,controlled shortage made sure schematics were to set,engage staff in plus selling and good customer service, also ensure proper handling of lottery tickets and asking for id for all restricted products ensure food safe procedures are being followed,ensuring price points are all in place,schedualing. what i learned working for 7-11 was the understanding of gross profit and how each component of the business affects it. also building a team that enjoyed working togeather and there fore was very productive .the most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers and staff that was happy. the hardest part of the job was fireing someone for stealing because i took things like that so personally
Fun working place
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJune 27, 2015
Pros: Free drinks
Cons: Schedule may change every week
Typical day is busy, sometimes we have to accomplish a task once a week like ordering. I learned how to communicate with different people better. The management is okay and my co-workers are friendly. The hardest part of it is when we don't know the schedule for the next week and the most enjoyable is when you learn new things.
busy and fast paced business
Assistant Store Leader (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 20, 2015
Pros: 24/7 business
Cons: low pay scale
plenty of things to do
learned a lot about different customer needs
management is hard because its a 24/7 business so you have to make sure u provide best customer service all day no matter whats happening around
Fast Paced Goal Oriented Work Environment
Store Manager (Current Employee), VctoriaJune 13, 2015
Pros: Competitive Pay
Cons: HIgh level of commitment needed
This jog involves managing all aspects of a retail store. This included hiring, training and managing employees, doing daily paper work and managing cash, creating a schedule for a 24/7 work environment, keeping the store to 7-11 merchandising and cleanliness standards, ordering all products and supplies necessary to run the business as well setting and meeting sales goals for target products.
Poor management makes for poor culture
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 11, 2015
Unfortunatly, some locations have poor managers who are careless and are still living in the old way of thinking. Let the employees suffer with little to no time off of work and dont allow certain employees have benefits after the required 6 months. The staff who have consumed unpaid products were allowed to get away with it while the newest employees suffered the consequences of being blamed for the theft when they had no involvement in it.

After my first six months, the manager took another 2 months to give me my benifets package and took awhile to send it in. Once done it wasnt effective for another couple of weeks.

Upon me being let go, the manager decided to wait an entire month to give me my vacation pay, which was against company standerds that pay period and vacation pay simply cannot take more than 14 days.
It is fun place to work for meeting different customers
7 eleven certified sales Associate (Current Employee), Saskatoon, SKMay 28, 2015
Pros: pays for our breaktime
Cons: N/A
I have known most of work within 2weeks
training.
It is interesting for co workers who've
worked there over an year asks me where
the producks were.
As per co-workers, they have there own minds
and some are so lazy and just want to kill the
time.
Not really hard work for I know most of it
and if new employees come, I train them all
myself.
Most enjouable part of the job was meeting
regular cusromers and meeting new customers.
Fun& Exciting
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vanderhoof, BCMay 21, 2015
Pros: Free food samples
Cons: Drunks
A typical work day was, always bringing new challenges, multitasking, experiences. The coworkers were amazing, and always had eachother's backs when it came to scary and iffy customers (graveyard shifts, bar crowd). The regular customers were very loyal. The hardest part about the job, was once a month..dealing with that irrational customer.. but we always persevered. Most enjoyable..the coworkers.
They are a nice friendly enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 14, 2015
Pros: Friendly enviroment
Cons: not enough hours, some of the staff seem undereducated and need to be explained about certain situations constantly
The people there are kind and adjustable

place was kept clean and felt safe

customers were (mostly) nice

staff was nice and took their time explaining new things happening.

there were multiple jobs to handle, so it allowed people to do different things.
Very good place to have experience in customer service
Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 14, 2015
working at 7-eleven is a great experience for me as it gives me opportunity to interact with different people and made me familiar with cash transactions and debit/credit charge transactions. i also learned the principles of good customer service here.
Productive work enviorment
Sales. merchandising, customer service (Former Employee), EdmontonMay 7, 2015
Pros: great benifits
Cons: dealing with theft
Great work hours, worked as a team, and the wage was good and the befifits. alway learning something new. It was fun working there.
Great Boss
Cashier (Former Employee), Fort Saskatechewan, ABApril 29, 2015
I worked there before moving back to Ontario I learned a lot and worked varying shifts. I also worked with a great team of people.
good place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 24, 2015
Serving customers and cashing them out. up selling whats on sale to customers.can be a great job depending on your manager. Not much chance for advancement even though you are told there is in interview.
DO NOT WORK HERE!!
Store Manager (Current Employee), Prince George, BCApril 23, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: pay low and you have to wait 6 months for benefits.
would not reccommend this employer to work for as they think you should live at 7 eleven and have high expectations for little hours you can schedule your staff. the training is poor and you dont have time between your busy day to even train.
Awesome Company
Project Recruiter (Current Employee), Worked with staff from Alberta and SaskatchewanApril 19, 2015
Pros: Great People
Cons: None I can think of
Worked contract as a Project Recruiter and I can not say enough great things about this company. They were fantastic and a real joy to work with. Wish my contract didn't end!
Needs alot of time to adapt the work culture
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 16, 2015
Pros: nice place to learn multitasking
Cons: managers should be trained to work under pressure
the day starts with lots of work which is very good part like cleaning the store and make it look fabulous.
i learnt to manage my time under hectic pressure
management was not that good, it could have been a better to work if the manager was adjustable.
co-workers were very good
hard part of the job was nothing. it is a easy job to do but always with a good manager
most enjoyable part of the job was with the register
a typical job of a manager
Store Manager (Former Employee), calgary abApril 7, 2015
Pros: free coffe
Cons: long hours and suprise shifts
Work at 7 Eleven was a little busy it was hard to balance home life and work life because there would be a lot of phone calls at home about absence and I would have to call other employees to see if they could fill in if not I would have to fill in myself. Typical job of a manager who works at a convince store. Job creates street and some people cannot take it.

1 2 3 4 5

About 7-Eleven

Use your experience to build a career with the world’s #1 convenience store. The 7-Eleven brand is iconic, known and loved – Read more