7-Eleven Employee Reviews

Time management skills
Leadership quality
teamwork
Team management
Good part time workplace, would not recommend working full time
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 January 2018
There are very few positive things I can say about my experience at 7-Eleven, other than it is a fairly decent part time job; other than that I would not recommend this workplace to anyone.
After working a few years at 7-Eleven I regret to say that I made a huge mistake working full time for this company; the work load is a lot larger than they pay for, there is very little support from the management, and the workplace environment seems to drain morale more than raise it.
Pros
Bond with customers, Fairly flexible hours
Cons
Loads of work for minimum pay, Little support from management
Great to work and got to learn new things
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 January 2018
While working for great chain firm such as seven eleven I feel myself honored. Seven Eleven helped me to uplift my confidence level and strengthen my customer interaction skills.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Na
my store was like a small family
Certified Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stony Plain, AB5 January 2018
I learned a lot very quickly
All the stores I worked in, we became like a small family and very supportive to eachother
I made good friends with a lot of the staff in all the stores I worked in
I moved up very quickly in the company, running a store after being with 7-11 for 1 year
Pros
Benefits as a full time employee, paid vacation after a year as full time employee, opportunity to advance
Cons
No balance between family and work
Great start to have your foot out into the job world
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB2 January 2018
The typical day was full of laughter, and great times. I learned how to keep track of inventory of cigarettes, food, and lottery tickets. The management was acceptable, wasn't the best but wasn't the worst either. The workplace culture was a great atmosphere with great people. The hardest part about the job was trying to keep the balance even between the work and social life, since i worked 11pm-7am. The most enjoyable part was the great people I met during my time there.
Pros
Shift hours
Cons
7-Eleven is a great company to work for. Meeting and serving people in a nice and clean place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK2 January 2018
Working in 7-eleven typically averages from 4-8 hours per shift.
Duties are given every start of the shift.

from running the till, greeting and serving to customers, cleaning (mopping and sweeping the floor), cooking food and refilling items that are needed (ie. Cups and lids, fountain drinks, tissues, condiments and straws.)

The hard part of the job is keeping an eye on suspicious customers who are trying to steal.

The enjoyable part of being a Sales associate at 7-eleven is that you get to deal with a lot of people with great short-chat stories you will never imagine of having.
Pros
paid lunch and free drinks during shift
Cons
none at all
Hard work
Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 January 2018
It is a nice place to work at but, very demanding and full of responsibilities. Good exposure for learning about Sales and management. I like my Management so not much of complains.
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
Less or no proper breaks
High paced enviroment.
Senior Certified Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooks, AB31 December 2017
There were many tasks to be completed in each shift. It was high paced and the days went quickly and you were never bored. Management was helpful in training and advancement.
not a good place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 December 2017
was not trained at all could not understand any of the other employees as there were not specking English in the work place as stated in the training got thrown in to everything and had to learn on my own
Pros
good money
Cons
bad trainning, stupid managment
Diversity of working culture
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nelson, BC28 December 2017
As an employee in 7- Eleven I enjoyed a ;ot with working. I got opportunity to do work with different nations people and coordinated well moreover, performance of store all in all was optimum.
Fun environment.
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coleman, AB27 December 2017
You get to meet so many different people from all different cultures. I worked at the second busiest location in Canada, on a busy highway so I liked getting to talk to people on their travels. Very easy going vibe working here.
Good for Learning
Sales Assossiate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 December 2017
Its a regular day work job, I learned so many costumer service skills from there.
Common public behaviour.
And as a New immigrant I gain confidence to speak in English.
Management is ok so much politics on this small level of job it is the hardest part for me.
Most enjoyable part is talking to so many costumers.
Pros
Free Drinks
nobody care about employee
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 December 2017
nobody cares about your hard work people are working from 5 years making $12 per hour and mangers hire new employees with no past experience who are making $16 per hour and most new hired are their relatives. mangers will go crazy if you have 2 min over of your scheduled shift because they don't wanna pay overtime.
Pros
nothing
steady job easy to learn and pick up quickly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vegreville, AB16 December 2017
Working there is easy going, you mainly focus on customer service and store cleaning/stocking/inventory. You get free drinks and night shifts are available to work because its a 24 hour convenience store. Nights are slower than days, so you will be more focused on cleaning than helping customers.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
night shift hours
Work environment is not enjoyable, high stress levels and weak management team
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Osoyoos, BC14 December 2017
This is a fast paced high stress job in a store that is understaffed for various reasons. The manager and assistant manager do not work well as a team which has it effect upon the entire shop.
Fast paste, grueling hours, yet never enough time
Customer relations, cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta13 December 2017
Make coffee, make food, help customers, do inventory, stock shelves, clean floors, counters and bathrooms. My manager tried to be a friend more than a manager, which led to lots of miscommunications. Worst was trying to shove everything you had to get done in a day while helping customers and making sure everything is fresh and looking good. the best part ever was some the regulars that would come in.
Pros
Bnifets
Cons
Long shifts, yet never enough time. Shifts change all the time.
Its ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC12 December 2017
I did not enjoy working for this company. At times they don't know how to treat their employees. Thats my personal review on this job. Everyone else is different
Flexible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 December 2017
Manager was really nice and always listen to employee about their concern. Work in general is easy. I work mostly morning and no security issue or so I guess
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, AB4 December 2017
typical day at work long hours and overtime sometimes, learned to work with stuff for legal aged people, how to put money away in a safe, to keep work area clean, hardest part of the job was to travel to school out of town and then back in time for work but now done school, the most enjoyable was restocking had to keep track dates on items and how much stock we had.
Pros
discounts on food
alright place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 December 2017
i had good hours, equlity, and was a busy place to work.
however when i had requested to have a second person work with me overnight as i had my life threatened my boss told me that she would have another person hired and never followed through with it. I had decided to quit after that as i felt my security did not matter to my boss.
Cons
security of staff didn't matter

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 7-Eleven. Our community is ready to answer.