7-Eleven Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, motivated, fast paced environment
Sr. Sales Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 15, 2016
Daily store operation
Staff belive in Team work
It’s pretty challenging. Good place for training and performance
Management is good supportive, friendly co-workers
Productive and fun work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Spruce Grove, ABMay 15, 2016
Pros: Overtime Pay
Cons: Long Hours
I worked all 3 shifts. The morning, evening, and nights. I most enjoyed all the fast paced environment have yourself busy until the shift ends. But mostly I worked during the night to supervise cleaning and prepare the store for the next day operation. Hardest part of the job was trading time for money, rude and intoxicated customers and the thought of robbery anytime.

A typical day at work was, I came into work, clocked in, counted my cash, and started the shift. Made sure food was properly up to code, and threw out and wrote off any food items that were not good anymore. Help serve customers in an efficient and friendly way. Counting merchandise before the next shift goes on. Writing and recording temperature logs in many of the machines you use. Make CDC, Wallace and Carey order. Prep Cooking. Cleaning the store when you get free time. Co-workers were always enjoyable, being friendly was never an issue for myself in the job.
Enjoyable while working with Customers & Staff members
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 10, 2016
Pros: Free Drinks, iced coffe, coffee, slurpee. Friendly customers
Cons: Never ending cleaning, Intoxicated indiviuals
Over the coarse of 14 months, I did trade my ``time over money``,
I worked all 3 shifts. The morning, evening, and dreadful nights. I most enjoyed all the fast paced enviroment, it had myself busy to finsih shift work.
There was career advancement if one wished to advance. Training was helpful.
Hardest part of the job was trading time for money, rude and intoxicated customers. Few robberys were scary.
A typical day at work was, help serve customers, lotto max and lotta 649 every wednesday. thursdays, and saturdays. Counting merchandise before the next shift goes on. Writing and recording temperature logs in many of the machines you use. Prep Cooking. Cleaning the store when you get free time.
Coworkers were always enjoyable, being friendly was never an issue for myself in the job. Management was friendly too.
I habe fun serving customers but i don't feel safe working at night.
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABMay 7, 2016
Pros: free drinks
Cons: not safe working at night
I worked night shift for 4 years and I learned how to deal with those intoxicated people comes in and out in the store. I'm not happy with the management of the store, they don't care of their staff at all. The hardest part of my job is seeing some people stealing and confronting them, its not nice feeling seeing them like that. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting nice friendly customers.
Great environment to work in
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Markham, ONMay 2, 2016
Pros: free drinks
Cons: Peak hours require 4 sales person at a time
Its a 24 hour open store so the day starts early.
Making food for the display along with cookies that are made daily for sales.
The lottery attracts a lot of customers.
Variety of stuff, from make-up to grocery, you'll get it all at 7-11.

One dollar coffees and slurpees are specialities.
We have a mobile application as well, which provides you every 7th drink on the house.
no employee moral
Head Cook (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 29, 2016
no employee moral and not enough money for the work load. the management team is not consistant and thats all i have too say
Best for initial Job
CERTIFIED ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
gas station is fast physical active job that i like, car wash is also a one of the very good earning that i concentrate. i maintained full shelf merchandise with new products.
Too much work load
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 27, 2016
Pros: Free coffee
Cons: enough hours
My this job is ok. why because too much work load on one person.but my co workers are very nice and helpful. same thing again every day i meet different peoples.
good job
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 21, 2016
Pros: free food
Cons: none
good job for the wage location was good easy access. manger was alright staff was friendly and good hours were flexable so overal a good place
Cashier (Current Employee), Port Colborne, ONApril 14, 2016
I came into work, clocked in, counted my cash, and started the shift. Made sure food was properly up to code, and threw out and wrote off any food items that were not good anymore. Manager would leave a note of side jobs for you to do during your shift and itd be completed by the time your shift comes to an end. At the end of my shift, I count my til off, clean the area surrounding you, and make sure all food is up to date before you were to leave your shift.
fun with happy customers
Night shift assissant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 12, 2016
busy, co-workers great funny and able to keep the night going fast knowing we made it another safe night. I learned a lot about becoming an assistant manager. I enjoyed getting to the customers
nice place to work and meet new people
Customer Service Representative/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 10, 2016
Pros: 30 min paid break
Cons: tough to work in cooler for long time
i learn proper customer service from this job. I also learn about team work. This place helped me to think about future plan.
hardworking and enjoyable
Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 7, 2016
Pros: free drinks, benefits
Cons: long hours, not enough pay
The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult clients when asking for their identification to purchase certain items.
many homeless people i do not feel safe.
Store Associate (Current Employee), Port Coquitlam, BCMarch 31, 2016
ring in items, general cleaning, stocking of products, making coffee, heating food. I haven't really learned anything. Co-workers complain about whether store is clean or not all the time. If the store is dirty after I leave it doesn't mean I didn't do my job...
People who strive to have excellent customer service
Cashier/ Cook (Former Employee), Regina, SKMarch 28, 2016
Pros: Free slurpee's
Cons: Theives
A typical day was meeting and greeting customers with a smile and assist them when asked.
What I learned was everyday is a new day and things can happen at any moment and you just have to roll with the punch's and act calm in bad situations.
My co-workers where great and I love them like family because they where they experienced the same things as I did and can relate to me none of my friends could.
The hardest part about this job was always smiling and saying hello to everyone who came in the door.
I enjoyed meeting new people and assisting them with purchases creating a smile on their faces when they look like they had a bad day.
Grooming of soft and technical skills.
Certified Sales Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg City, MBMarch 24, 2016
Pros: Health insurance
Cons: Long hours
Its a great and lovely environment there and its been remarkable for me work there i learned and developed many skills .All the co workers are friendly and polite so i have a great time there . Flexible schedule and really a cooperative staff.
Customer service
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 19, 2016
A typical day at work included customer service, ordering ,inventory, cashier, vendor deliveries, cash handling, banking, payroll, inventory management
Operated and in charge of store in managers absence
I had a great working relationship with fellow co workers and manager I always lead by example
The hardest part of the job was work life balance
Fun work with broken promises
Sr. Sales Associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 14, 2016
Pros: varying shifts, shift work
Cons: robberies, lots of call-ins
The job is very fun and so much opportunity to learn more. Many times I have had promises broken.

Besides that the coworkers are fun and the customers are fun to get to know. The possibility of robbery can be scary but it's not so bad if you follow rules.
Dynamic Workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee), GTA, ONMarch 8, 2016
Dealt with staffing issues such as interviewing potential staff, conducting appraisals and performance reviews, providing or organising training and development, as well as resolving health and safety, legal and security issues

Ensured a high level of standards for quality, customer service through motivating staff, providing a positive working environment and setting standards and modeled behavior

Managed stock levels, made key decisions about stock control, organized, executed and managed marketing and merchandising programs including special promotions, displays and events

Analyzed and interpreted sales figures and trends, and forecasted future sales

Ensured that all sales targets and goals were met and/or exceeded on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis

Ensured the interior and exterior of the store was maintained to company standards

Resolved customer problems or complaints by determining optimal solutions
Good job for someone with zero experience/ student job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), British ColumbiaMarch 7, 2016
Pros: free coffee
Cons: too much work compared to compensation
A very good company for someone who does not have work experience or part time for students. But for graduates, I don't think so, because at one point career gets stagnated.
Headquarters