5K VENTURES LTD FORT ST. JOHN, BC: Needs 5 Full Time Truck Driver(Truck and Trailer) combination. The work is mainly involved in the Oil and Gas industry and SAFETY tickets will be arranged for the right candidate. Interested candidates may send their Resumes at
Truck drivers perform do some or all of the following duties:
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks, weighing over 4600 kg with three or more axles, to transport goods and material to destinations
- Oversee all aspects of vehicles, such as condition of equipment, daily maintenance, loading and unloading, and safety and security of cargo
- Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle systems and equipment such as tires, lights, brakes and trailers
- Perform emergency roadside repairs
- Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
- Record cargo information, distance traveled, fuel consumption and other information in log book or on on-board computer
- Communicate with dispatcher and other drivers using two-way radio, cellular telephone and on-board computer. Functional oral speaking English is required
- May drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
- May transport hazardous products or dangerous
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- On-the-job training is provided.
- A Class 1 license is required to drive articulated trucks.
- Air brake endorsement (Z) is required for drivers who operate vehicles equipped with air brakes.
- Should have experience from 1 year to 2 years with heavy truck Driving.
Indeed - 23 months ago
OIL AND GAS TRUCKING COMPANY