22 Duncan Street
Toronto ON, M5H 3G8
Terms of Employment:
Temporary, full time, day
Salary and Benefits:
$28.00 per hour, for 30 hours per week, group insurance benefits, bonuses
Anticipated start date:
As soon as possible
500px is an award-winning online community for the sharing, discovery, buying and selling of high-quality photography by individual photographers. Every month, millions of people visit the 500px.com website, in-browser apps and mobile apps from around the world to find the world’s most inspiring photography. 500px’s investors include Andreessen Horowitz, Harrison Metal, FF Ventures, and others.
500px recently launched its commercial licensing marketplace called Prime, an innovative stock photo agency. We are looking for a content editor with previous experience in a similar company to curate and edit our photo collection. We are looking for someone knowledgeable about different types of photo licenses, legal issues, royalties and releases who will be able to understand how the stock photography market works. The perfect candidate would be someone with a background in communications or public relations who will be able to manage the 500px Prime social media pages and create blog post and articles for our community of photographers.
- Curate, select and edit photographers submissions based on stock photography standards and legal rules.
- Create articles, stories, blog posts to engage possible clients and photographers
- Create daily fresh content to be shared on social media
- Assist in the preparation of promotional materials. (cards, brochures etc.)
- Curate ad hoc photo collections to be promoted among clients or for marketing purposes.
Ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years of experience as a Editor
- University degree in Communications, Public Relations or Journalism
- Understanding of the stock photography rules and legality
- Knowledge of photography quality standards and rules
- Strong writing and communicational skills
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Photo Mechanic