Closing date: May 10, 2013
4plan requires a Three Programmer/Analysts for immediate contract opportunity with our Federal Government Client. The Programmer Analysts will work on the development and enhancement of the Customs Electronic Commerce Platform (CECP). CECP is a mission critical high availability client server application that uses electronic data interchange (EDI) to communicate between the commercial community, internal CBSA applications and to other government departments (OGD’s). CECP uses primarily the C++ and JAVA programming languages. The Programmer Analysts should have good working knowledge of the C++ and JAVA programming languages as well as experience working on systems that do electronic data interchange (EDI).
Project duration: year to June 2014, plus 1 year extension option
Security requirement: Secret
- M1 Four years of experience developing with the C++ application programming language.
- M2 Two years of experience developing with Java for High Availability Systems*.
- M3 Six months experience in developing object oriented applications or solutions using Java development frameworks (including Spring framework ) for High Availability Systems*.
- R1 Experience over and above the minimum four years required in mandatory criterion M1.
- R2 Experience analyzing, developing or enhancing an EDI IT application that uses: MQ series; and message standards ANSI ASC X12 EDI or UN/EDIFACT.
- R3 Experience as an Application Programmer/Analyst designing, developing, enhancing, and supporting High Availability systems.
- R4 Experience programming for a DB2 database.
- R5 The Experience developing applications for the CBSA or the former CCRA.
- R6 Experience over and above the minimum two years of experience required in M2.
- R7 Experience developing and deploying applications on IBM’s Websphere Application Server on Microsoft Windows and IBM Mainframe OS/390 Environment.
- R8 Experience in using Concurrent Versioning System (CVS).
- R9 Experience designing and developing using applets, servlets, HTML and Java Server Page (JSP)
- R10 Experience developing object-oriented n-tier applications using OO tools, methodologies and design patterns such as Unified Modeling Language (UML) and Rational Unified Process (RUP).
*High Availability Systems is defined as systems which are expected to operate reliably for 24 hours per day, 365 days per year with the exception of planned outages.
If you have the experience and skills required, please send us your detailed CV or visit the career section at 4plan.ca to apply.