Closing date: May 6, 2013
4plan requires a Technology Architect for immediate contract opportunity with our Federal Government Client. The Technology Architect will help the client’s IT Engineering and Maintenance section (AIAO) repackaging and integrating of end user commercial and in-house software for the department’s computer platforms; troubleshooting production issues and providing third-level support for existing desktop software maintained by the team; tracking projects using the internal Remedy based Change Management System as well as the internal web based software package tracking system; and researching and analyzing end-user desktop solutions for DFAIT’s next generation platform.
Project duration: 1 year to May 15, 2014, with 1 year extension option
Security requirement: Secret
- M1 Ten (10) years of experience working as a Technology Architect
- M2 Reference for each project cited in the résumé that can attest to the gained experience
- M4 Hold a current, valid Government of Canada (SECRET) or higher security clearance
- M5 Two (2) year post-secondary education program in computer science or an Information Technology (IT) related discipline.
- M6 Eight (8) years of experience as a Desktop Engineer developing and integrating solutions for the Windows XP/W7 desktop platform.
- M7 Eight (8) years of experience in technical report writing.
- M8 Eight (8) years of experience in Windows Shell scripting and VBScript.
- M9 Six (6) years of experience working with Wise Package Studio or other equivalent MSI authoring tools.
- M10 Hold ITIL certification. A copy of the certificate must be provided in the proposal.
- R1 Experience troubleshooting complex software problems on the Windows desktop platform as well as with Internet Explorer or other web browsers.
- R2 Experience with Microsoft Installer (MSI) and Wise Package Studio or Install Shield building or customizing MSI packages.
- R3 Experience troubleshooting complex software problems on the Windows Server 2003 or greater platform.
- R4 Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and Active Directory Group Policy Objects.
- R5 Experience integrating software for the Citrix platform or as a system administrator for a Citrix environment.
- R6 Experience working with VMWare.
- R7 Experience working with 4th generation programming languages such as VB6, .NET, Java or other equivalent programming languages.
If you have the experience and skills required, please send us your detailed CV or visit the career section at 4plan.ca to apply.