4over, Inc.

4over, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
4Over Inc Review *Ohio Plant*
Operator I (Current Employee), Dayton, OHApril 25, 2015
Pros: Paid Holidays. Paid Time Off. Good Benefits. Decent Wages.
Cons: Short Breaks. Hit or Miss Management. Strict Attendance Policy.
Ok. First off this is my first manufacturing job. All my previous jobs were retail. And....well utterly unsatisfying. 4over Inc I had never once heard of when I applied. My starting wage was $10.00 an hour. I started as a Packer in the Cutting department. Basically in this position your required to make a lot of boxes and put stuff in them. Its simple. But it requires excellent memory and multi-tasking. I was moved to a machine(Cutter) which is basically a giant razor blade for cutting paper. After One-Year of successfully training and learning to operate this machine I was given a wage increase – more... to $12. This job requires constant standing. And lifting consistently upwards of 20 to 100lbs on a regular basis. Women need not apply. Women are usually directed to "quality control" which has the same pay structure as cutters. Not sure why this is? But its how they do things. Also the Ohio Plant is currently running a 6 day a week schedule....so new hires can expect this. Nice because it equals constant Overtime $$$ and its annoying because your weekends are gone. This pretains mostly to the cutting department....other departments have different pay scales and hours.

The benefits are remarkably good. And cheap as long as your insuring only yourself....families it gets much more expensive very quickly. Also there are TONS of options and supplimental insurance. You also get the normal jazz all your major holidays are paid. Plus you get One floating holiday to use as you wish. Paid time off is slow to accrue in my opinion. But its there. The wages are not bad. I find them to be good. But I'm younger and not really supporting a family. Everybody is different.
The breaks are rough. Expect 2 ten minute breaks and a 30 minute unpaid lunch. Right as you sit down and get comfortable its right back to the floor. Also the management is a bit weird? Sometimes you score an amazing boss. Sometimes not. Also I've come to find keeping things to yourself is important....being in a large plant feels like high school all over again.
The BIGGEST thing for anyone considering this company is to be wary of missing work. I've seen a good many individuals fired for something as simple as missing work. This place is fairly understanding of emergency situations....that happens. But to much to soon will get you booted to the curb.

Overall? I'd say its not a bad place to work. Show up on time and its a wonderful place to work. Easy to stay under the radar and the work really isn't that hard. Its just enough to send you home tired. But not exhausted. Overtime opportunities are EVERYWHERE. Advancement is more difficult and really just depends on if you want to grow with the company or not. You can come in and stay what you are for as long as you want. To my knowledge no position has any "top out" pay cap. Or you can earn some college degrees and gain senority and bounce to different departments and you can move up. Its just more difficult then most places. – less
Unappreciated workplace!!
Binder (Former Employee), Arlington,TxFebruary 27, 2015
Cons: pay, mgmt, benefits and work environment
I worked in the Arlington facility in Texas. Mgmt was horrible. Most of the workers were Hispanics that were terrified of Mgmt due to scared they might lose their job. Workers were treated with no respect and you would be constantly micro-managed thru surveillance cameras. I have been in the business for over 25 years and this could probably be the worst place I have worked.
Wages Below Industry Standards!
Orig. Empl. of 1st 20 Hires (Former Employee), NJFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: ??--- apart from good people i met, there is nothing positive
Cons: wages are barely above the poverty line
Management is disrespectful and abusive. There is no advancement opportunities in all the departments.

Plant managers keep getting fired by Global Plant Manager (3 in 3 years). Anybody see a problem here?

They have a bonus share program that is structured. By the time it is in your check taxes have taken 3/4... Leaving enough for McDonald's Happy Meal. It is ridiculous.

If you work OT on a week that there is a holiday or you took a vacation day, you will not be paid OT.... Just the regular rate.

No opportunities for women in management. Company is very man-top heavy.
Stay away from this place!
Former employee (Former Employee), Moonachie, NJDecember 8, 2014
Pros: a paycheck
Cons: everything else
Revolving door. No loyalty to hard-working employees. Place is being run by dumb and dumber. No management at all. Like working in a Chinese sweat shop. Stay away from this place. No future for you here
Co-Workers are GREAT Management is deplorable.
Lead Pressman (Former Employee), Moonachie, NJOctober 31, 2014
Pros: co - workers are great
Cons: management, healthcare and very short breaks
Co - workers are the best group of people I have ever worked for. However, if your not "sucking up" to management you will be FIRED.
Standard Mon - Fri day job
Customer Service (Former Employee), GlendaleDecember 19, 2013
Pros: schedule, paid time off, health, vision and dental
Cons: irate customers
Advancement opportunities are based on the initial department you're in. Some offer it, some don't. Most opportunities for entry level positions are through the Offset department. Other departments have you multitask more.
Up and coming printing company. Good place to work
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Dayton, OHAugust 19, 2013
Very fast paced call center, providing excellent customer service.
Good work environment and excellent co-workers.
Headquarters