4over, Inc.

4over, Inc. Employee Reviews

Just left, was driver
Delivery driver (van) (Former Employee) –  Hopkinton, MA24 June 2016
Just left, was van driver. They had no back up if others were out. Was suppose to take the other guy's load. They run their business from video cams. 14.50hr. the load you paddle comes up from NJ every morning. They go thru drivers or trucking companies as well.
I also left with another driver. Do your studying before you take this one, we didn't. Your always on the phone to NJ, or Calf.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Productive and fast-paced work place.
Machine Operator/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ11 September 2015
I learned a lot working at 4Over. Operating a variety of different printing and cutting machines. The work kept me busy throughout the shift. It was never a dull moment and there was always something new to learn every day. My co-workers had great work ethic. They cared about the customer and that was my main motivation while working. Proving quality products and keeping the customer happy.
Pros
Respectable management, Gain-share Incentives.
Cons
None that I can think of.
not a great career move
machine operator (Former Employee) –  arlington, Texas3 August 2015
This is a good place for younger ppl not supporting family. All the overtime you can handle, and with the wages, your gonna need it!! Managment doesn't disclose certain information critical to your employment (raises, PTO, ect). Their motto is getting the most out of workers for as less as possible. So like I said, not a great "career" move, but an "OK" job.
Pros
co workers are cool, work is fairly easy
Cons
wages are low, company has no morale in the work place
Unappreciated workplace!!
Binder (Former Employee) –  Arlington,Tx27 February 2015
I worked in the Arlington facility in Texas. Mgmt was horrible. Most of the workers were Hispanics that were terrified of Mgmt due to scared they might lose their job. Workers were treated with no respect and you would be constantly micro-managed thru surveillance cameras. I have been in the business for over 25 years and this could probably be the worst place I have worked.
Pros
Cons
pay, mgmt, benefits and work environment
Wages Below Industry Standards!
Orig. Empl. of 1st 20 Hires (Former Employee) –  NJ10 February 2015
Management is disrespectful and abusive. There is no advancement opportunities in all the departments.

Plant managers keep getting fired by Global Plant Manager (3 in 3 years). Anybody see a problem here?

They have a bonus share program that is structured. By the time it is in your check taxes have taken 3/4... Leaving enough for McDonald's Happy Meal. It is ridiculous.

If you work OT on a week that there is a holiday or you took a vacation day, you will not be paid OT.... Just the regular rate.

No opportunities for women in management. Company is very man-top heavy.
Pros
??--- apart from good people I met, there is nothing positive
Cons
wages are barely above the poverty line
Standard Mon - Fri day job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glendale19 December 2013
Advancement opportunities are based on the initial department you're in. Some offer it, some don't. Most opportunities for entry level positions are through the Offset department. Other departments have you multitask more.
Pros
Schedule, Paid Time Off, Health, Vision and Dental
Cons
Irate Customers
Stay away from this place!
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Moonachie, NJ8 December 2014
Revolving door. No loyalty to hard-working employees. Place is being run by dumb and dumber. No management at all. Like working in a Chinese sweat shop. Stay away from this place. No future for you here
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Everything else
Co-Workers are GREAT Management is deplorable.
Lead Pressman (Former Employee) –  Moonachie, NJ31 October 2014
Co - workers are the best group of people I have ever worked for. However, if your not "sucking up" to management you will be FIRED.
Pros
Co - workers are great
Cons
Management, healthcare and very short breaks
Up and coming printing company. Good place to work
Sr. Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OH19 August 2013
Very fast paced call center, providing excellent customer service.
Good work environment and excellent co-workers.
4Over Inc Review *Ohio Plant*
Operator I (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OH25 April 2015
Ok. First off this is my first manufacturing job. All my previous jobs were retail. And....well utterly unsatisfying. 4over Inc I had never once heard of when I applied. My starting wage was $10.00 an hour. I started as a Packer in the Cutting department. Basically in this position your required to make a lot of boxes and put stuff in them. Its simple. But it requires excellent memory and multi-tasking. I was moved to a machine(Cutter) which is basically a giant razor blade for cutting paper. After One-Year of successfully training and learning to operate this machine I was given a wage increase to $12. This job requires constant standing. And lifting consistently upwards of 20 to 100lbs on a regular basis. Women need not apply. Women are usually directed to "quality control" which has the same pay structure as cutters. Not sure why this is? But its how they do things. Also the Ohio Plant is currently running a 6 day a week schedule....so new hires can expect this. Nice because it equals constant Overtime $$$ and its annoying because your weekends are gone. This pretains mostly to the cutting department....other departments have different pay scales and hours.

The benefits are remarkably good. And cheap as long as your insuring only yourself....families it gets much more expensive very quickly. Also there are TONS of options and supplimental insurance. You also get the normal jazz all your major holidays are paid. Plus you get One floating holiday to use as you wish. Paid time off is slow to accrue in my opinion. But its there. The wages are not bad. I find them to be
  more... good. But I'm younger and not really supporting a family. Everybody is different.
The breaks are rough. Expect 2 ten minute breaks and a 30 minute unpaid lunch. Right as you sit down and get comfortable its right back to the floor. Also the management is a bit weird? Sometimes you score an amazing boss. Sometimes not. Also I've come to find keeping things to yourself is important....being in a large plant feels like high school all over again.
The BIGGEST thing for anyone considering this company is to be wary of missing work. I've seen a good many individuals fired for something as simple as missing work. This place is fairly understanding of emergency situations....that happens. But to much to soon will get you booted to the curb.

Overall? I'd say its not a bad place to work. Show up on time and its a wonderful place to work. Easy to stay under the radar and the work really isn't that hard. Its just enough to send you home tired. But not exhausted. Overtime opportunities are EVERYWHERE. Advancement is more difficult and really just depends on if you want to grow with the company or not. You can come in and stay what you are for as long as you want. To my knowledge no position has any "top out" pay cap. Or you can earn some college degrees and gain senority and bounce to different departments and you can move up. Its just more difficult then most places.
Pros
Paid Holidays. Paid Time Off. Good Benefits. Decent Wages.
Cons
Short Breaks. Hit or Miss Management. Strict Attendance Policy.

2.3