We’re growing and need a Full-Stack Rails Developer to join our team of world-class designers and developers. Every member of our team is expected to ship top-notch code and take real ownership of their work. On the same note, this is an incredible opportunity to get down into the trenches of a growing business/product, work with cutting-edge technologies, and solve challenging problems daily.
- Have experience building complex web applications.
- Would be perfectly comfortable modifying a jQuery library or bundling a custom Ruby gem into your own project.
- Are very comfortable with Git and Github.
- Enjoy the idea of deploying your own code on your first day of work and being responsible for what happens.
- Are passionate about user experience, whether that means going the extra mile to deliver a simple yet powerful UI, or an API which even the most novice developer could master.
- Are obsessive about reducing operational overhead whenever and wherever possible.
- Write unit test, but are not militant about things like testing frameworks and code coverage.
Your typical day at 4ormat will involve:
- Quickly syncing up with the team over Hipchat about what’s getting done today.
- No meetings. We do one Sprint planning meeting every two weeks and you will have the occasional meeting to hash out ideas with the design team, but that’s it.
- Working at a nice desk that is equipped with an Aeron chair and top-notch Apple gear, situated in our post-and-beam office in downtown Toronto (take a peek here: http://4ormat.com/about).
- Writing code that delivers great user experience and drives down operations.
- Never writing a hack to support IE. Seriously, we don’t support IE: http://techcrunch.com/2012/04/01/bootstrapped-startup-saves-over-100k-by-dropping-ie/.
- Curating what music gets played over our office Airplay speakers. Play Top 40 at your own peril.
- Drinking as much espresso as you need (if you’re a real aficionado, our bean subscription is from 49th Parallel Roasters).
- We pay competitive salaries and have a very flexible vacation policy.
- We have benefits: extended health, dental, life, and disability.
- Our office hours are flexible.
- We frequently celebrate hitting milestones after work (or in the middle of the day if it’s sunny).
If this sounds like you then get in touch! You’ll love working here, we promise.
To apply, please fill out this very simple Google Form: http://bit.ly/full-stack-rails-dev
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No recruiters, please.