Our client is in the media industry and located in downtown Toronto (close to Union). They’re looking for someone with superior development skills using C# (ASP.NET), excellent communication, and a minimum of 2 years of application development experience using Enterprise Library, Entity Framework, MVC, jQuery, and Ajax. Here is a position overview:
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS (KRA):
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Bringing on board the industry standard processes and best practices in software development using Microsoft technologies.
- Coding, testing and troubleshooting programs using the appropriate hardware, database and programming technology.
- Maintain and modify programs; make approved changes, develop detailed programming logic.
- Test programming changes.
- Liaise with network administrators, architects and business analyst to assist in resolving problems with applications and company software systems.
- Write technical specification for application design based on use cases.
- Write new applications using prescribed specifications.
- Evaluate simple interrelationships between programs such as whether a contemplated change in one part of the program would cause unwanted results in a related part.
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users and approval of supervisor.
- Confer with business solutions to gain an understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing programs. Resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Write and maintain programming documentation.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored and accessed.
- Document programming problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Assist personnel of other departments as a computer resource.
- Provide on-the-job training to new department staff members.
- Other duties as assigned.
PRIMARY ACTIVITIES REQUIRED TO ENSURE SUCCESS IN KRAS:
- Assist in designing of enterprise solutions keeping in mind the performance and security needs.
- Develop software/programs based on specifications provided by business solutions.
- Maintain and support existing applications.
- Update system and application documentation.
- Work with QA group during application testing.
- Work with other team members.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of secure software development practices, application performance optimization.
- Solid understanding of current Internet technologies.
- Hands on software troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with specific phases of the software development life cycle.
- Solid knowledge of distributed architecture in application development.
b) Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ years of developing .NET applications using C# (ASP.NET),
- 2+ years of application development experience using Enterprise Library, Entity Framework, MVC, jQuery, Ajax.
- 2+ years of experience with TFS for source control, automated builds, automated unit testing.
- 2+ years of database development using SQL server.
- 2+ years of BizTalk development.
- Windows Server
Experience with the following is desirable but not required
- Visual Basic,
- Experience in mobile application development
Indeed - 24 months ago