We are looking for 2 Senior Java Developers for permanent positions in downtown Toronto (Bloor and Yonge)
You will be part of a complex enterprise solution using responsive web design and a complex integration with a landscape that includes Oracle RPM, OMS, Call Center, PCM, Ratings and Reviews (Bazaarvoice), Online Payment Providers, Web Analytics, and others.
You will be responsible for coding, testing, packaging, deployment and support of builds as code is promoted from development, system, acceptance and production environments.
- Detail analysis of business requirements, use cases and assist in identifying non-functional requirements (NFR), risk assessments.
- Develop detailed design documentation to support the business requirement along with detailed task list to be shared with the project management team.
- Provides application development support including regular maintenance and enhancements to these applications, web services and databases.
- Troubleshoots issues reported by customers, internal staff, troubleshoot and implements code fixes as required.
- Participate in off-hours rotating production support schedule. Skills we’re looking for.
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, with industry certifications in multiple technology platforms, such as Sun Java Certification and DB Certifications, is required.
- Working knowledge of OO Design Patterns (Factories, Adapters, Proxies, Dependency Injection, etc).
- Good understanding/knowledge of production systems setup/requirements.
- Strong analytical, problem solving capabilities, organizational and project management skills.
- Excellence written and verbal communication to upper management and front line team alike.
Must be autonomous, responsible and dynamic; and looking to be part of an experienced team that is both ambitious and passionate about technology.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as java development lead in an internet development environment.
- Must have 3+ years’ experience with the following technologies: Java/JEE, expert in SQL design / development, and expert in major database vendors (Oracle, DB2, MySQL, MS SQL, etc).
- Minimum 5 years extensive experience in data modeling, SQL query, optimizes complex queries, ETL processes.
- Proven ability to tune SQL queries to optimize query performance.
- Strong database understanding, SQL optimization skills, data modelling, and ETL processes; as well as performance tuning of n-tier web-applications.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of related technology advancements and enhancements.
- Good understanding/knowledge of performance tuning of n-tier web-applications.