The Kitchen Design Assistant is responsible for supporting the Senior Cabinetry Designer and providing exceptional customer service. You will use your strong customer relationship skills, superior product expertise and design knowledge to provide a differentiated customer experience. In addition, you will be expected to help grow and maintain large builder accounts while exercising your unique design talents on high-end home construction and renovation projects.
This is an ideal opportunity for a design professional looking to enhance their knowledge, skills and experience in the growing cabinetry industry in Alberta. Working closely with a successful design professional this challenging position offers excellent career advancement potential, flexible work environment and a generous incentive package.
- Full spectrum design support (creating designs, revisions, estimates and orders)
- Providing showroom tours and scheduling all site measures
- Meeting with customers to discuss their projects and design preferences
- Presenting designs and project proposals to clients
- Kitchen design experience, knowledge of norms and building codes
- Exceptional organizational and self-management skills; innovative problem solver.
- Strong computer skills; knowledge of 20/20 Kitchen Design Software
- Proven ability to close the sale and convert quotations
- Well developed customer service and communication management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction (ability to read blueprints and floor plans)
- Excellent reading, writing and math skills
- Technical skills and product knowledge to quote on installations and countertops
- Ability to work at home with a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- A vehicle for travel to customers’ homes or job sites for measuring.
- Completion of University/college/vocational or technical training
- Credentials (certificates, memberships, courses, etc.): Certified interior designer
- Area of Specialization: Interior design (general), Architect, Kitchen & Bath
- Commensurate with experience; wage contract with commission incentives.
All interested candidates please respond with a resume and cover letter.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please. Please visit us online: www.4roomsdesigns.com