Company: 3xLogic Systems Inc.
Location: Suite 210, 1016 McCallum Road, Victoria, B.C., Canada
Job Type: Full Time
We are a highly dynamic software development lab located in Victoria, B.C. that focuses on enterprise scale software for the security industry. We are looking for an energetic and progressive team member to join our Engineering team. 3xLogic focuses on a healthy work/life balance and provides a friendly, results oriented workplace.
3xLogic is seeking a highly intelligent, innovative, intermediate web developer to join its engineering team and work on designing and implementing data-mining and advanced statistical reporting web based projects. The selected candidate will contribute both as an intermediate to advanced software developer and project manager, with a strong background in advanced interface design. Communication is a key requirement, facilitating a close working relationship with department managers and quality assurance team members.
Who We are Looking For
We are looking to fill our position with someone who possesses a natural aptitude for data mining and reporting. This opening is best suited for an intermediate to advanced level software engineer with a proven background in web design and creation, database systems, reporting, communication and testing and documentation. A background in Security Systems Integration is a definite asset. As the environment is fast-paced, the suitable candidate must be able to prioritize and handle several issues concurrently.
1. Extensive knowledge and experience in PHP web development.
3. Must be able to communicate and work with both technical and non-technical people.
4. High energy with strong work ethic and commitment, ability to operate with tight deadlines.
5. Demonstrated web design skills, including layout, typography, graphic design principles and colour theory, is required.
6. Experience and knowledge with Transactional SQL, and database platforms.
7. Comprehensive understanding of Object Oriented Design concepts such as n-tier applications architecture.
8. Ability to work in a team environment using PHPEclipse, Apache Subversion, and Apache Ant.
9. Working knowledge of software implementation from system requirements and unit testing.
10. Simple and direct problem solving mentality and easy communication and documentation of abstract concepts.
11. Capable of following and adapting software patterns and conventions.
12. Clear understanding of with non-functional requirements such as software performance, reliability, portability, resilience, scalability, robustness, and usability.
13. Willingness to take responsibility for their work and deliver high quality output within estimated deadlines and without deviation from requirements.
In addition, candidates should possess:
1. Willingness to learn and teach.
2. High levels of initiative and motivation.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
5. Bachelor’s degree in computer science and at least three years’ experience in all
phases of the web development life cycle.
6. Experience working with agile and/or rapid methodologies.
7. Experience implementing projects with Zend framework.
9. Some familiarity with legacy web technologies such as classic ASP, VBScript.
How to Apply
3xLogic offers a competitive salary plan and a benefit package. Relocation to Victoria, B.C., with a valid Canadian work permit is required. Please apply with a cover letter outlining the position you are applying for along with salary expectations to adminlab at 3xlogic-eng.com. We thank you for your submission however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.