3M

3M Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great experience
Advanced Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), London, ONApril 25, 2014
At 3M Canada I was brought on board to support EDI. With no experience, I learned the process then became the primary support to move EDI into the new ERP (SAP).
Great multicultural company
Marketing intern (Former Employee), Santiago de Chile, RMAugust 21, 2013
By comparing 3M sales and portfolio to its competitors I was able to present new product strategies which resulted to be very successful. I also worked on estimating sales potential of certain products and building marketing materials around them.
Productive Plant, assisted with the grand opening of 3M
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), 2751 Peddie Road, Milton, OnJuly 31, 2013
Pros: very close to home, hired my employees
Cons: extremely long hours, no appreciation, managed by a chicago team that micromanaged
As Operations Supervisor I was in charge of all shipping lanes. This included picking, and packaging product, working with inventory levels, handling dry ice materials and oversee 35 employees.
Typical day started at 6:00 am and I started by
looking over the days orders, check dock with staged product, checked orders of shipped freight from previous – more... night, checked for error orders, check inventory levels, ran daily meeting, reviewed the agenda for the day, and advised what areas needed special attention, handle workers and conflicts, walk the floor, see who needs help, daily go and see each worker, get feedback, check orders hourly to meet shipping deadlines, process workers hours from the previous day, manage breaks, reported any mechanical breakdowns, ordered pallets

The hardest part of the job was the very long hours and lack of support from HO. – less
Average factory work
Line Operator (Former Employee), Brockville, ONDecember 22, 2012
Pros: 12 hour shifts
Cons: 12 hour shifts
It was easy but too repetitive. We would only shift down the line every 2 hours after a 10 minute break. Their wouldn't be any lunch breaks as well. The other workers were average, it was high school all over again.
3M
Production Assistant (Former Employee), brockvilleSeptember 22, 2012
Pros: everything
This company was the BESt. Nothing bad can be said. Everyone was great. Job was fast paced and a lot of lifting, but awesome.
not bad for a factory
Assistant Operator and Ergo Rep (Former Employee), Morden, MBSeptember 21, 2012
with out good education advancement is very limited. work is very repetitive. if you get a 3m position the and it can take many years to get 1 the benefits are good. no raises in pay except possibly close to cost of living increase
Military career
Chief/Maintenance Material Manager (Former Employee), Mayport, FLOctober 20, 2014
Best job to have in the military. Opened up a lot of doors as maintenance material manager.
MBA Finance Intern (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNOctober 3, 2014
Great environment and culture. The people were super friendly. The work was exciting and engaging.
Fun, fast paced envirnoment.
Ulitity (Current Employee), Tonawanda, NYOctober 3, 2014
I learned how to pack, feed and inspect quickly. Management needs to listen to the workers ideas instead of the engineers who seem to know nothing about the jobs. My co-works bring joy and fun to the work environment.
Get to talk to alot of distibutors across the contry to help ensure orders are completed on time and accurate.
Customer Service Representative/ Assembly line (Current Employee), North Mankato MNOctober 2, 2014
Start off by coming into work, turning on my 3 computer screens on and getting set up with all the information I need to help the distributors.
You have to know about all the products that 3M sells in the promotional department such as Post-it Notes, writing tools, dispensers, etc.
When a distributor calls in or emails, it usually starts with getting – more... the end user a quote of some sort whether it's for a certain product, shipping estimates, production time, etc.
Once ready to place the order they email the order in to the customer service rep/ sales rep, we make sure the order is entered correctly and accurately.
Once we have everything we need to complete the order, we verify with the customer to make sure everything is accurate and push the order into production.
If something happens to the order either in production or in the office area and it's our fault we do everything in our power to make sure we correct the mistakes and get them to the customer as quickly as possible.
There is so much to learn about all the products and restrictions, people that have been here for 20-30 years are still learn something new every day.
Favorite part about this job is my co-workers and the satisfaction of working with a high dollar orders to make sure everything is accurate and to the customers’ satisfaction.
Hardest part of my job is when a distributor calls or emails us for information about a product or pricing but has no idea what the end user is looking for. The distributor has to go back and forth between the end user and me, takes up a lot of time and is very difficult to have to try and guess what they are looking for. – less
Fun workplace
Lab Technician Aide (Former Employee), Maplewood, MNOctober 1, 2014
3M is a great place to work at. Fun and knowledgeable staff members to help you out.
Very good atmosphere, great employees and Management to work with
Machine/Slitter Operator (Former Employee), Bristol, PAOctober 1, 2014
A typical work day would start by starting up and running your equipment, while doing so you learned how products are made and the pride knowing that you made that product. Management very understanding in problem solving and their supervision. After 27 years your co-workers you knew more about them than your own spouses, everyone was one close family. – more... Depending on where you worked at the most hardest part was mixing batches, charging raw material into mixers in very hot and cold conditions skiding 500-600 lbs drums onto pallets very labor intense but good work outs for the body. Knowing you accomplished your objectives and goals at the end of your shift, that's the enjoyable part of the job. – less
Productive ,Safe enviornment very calm
MACHINE OPERATOR (Current Employee), Indianapolis InSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: great vending machine
Cons: overtime mandotory
Get the mix prepared , Start machine ,Drop mix . After the mix is in the machine the ear plugs start to run. Observe the ear plugs for bad ones. I learned how to operate the machines since started, the co workers and management is a great team of people to be around. I would have to say working 12 hours was the hardest part of the job. On the other – more... hand the nice chill environment was most enjoyable – less
Contract Position
Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Maplewood, MNSeptember 22, 2014
Assembled, wired and mounted 60 peristaltic pumps for bench testing
Installed data acquisition card and sensor, set up LabVIEW program for testing
Reviewed bill of materials for test system and took inventory of incoming parts
Good Work place
LEAD OPERATOR OF PRODUCTION (Former Employee), Montrose, COSeptember 22, 2014
They sent me to management training to advance from the position I was in. My co workers where good people. That job taught me how to be a great role model for my fellow employees.
excellent benefits, salary and work environment
Senior Customer Service (Former Employee), Springfield, MOSeptember 22, 2014
Cons: clerical understaffed
good work environment, although clerical understaffed. enjoyed working at 3M and loved my job.
Productive work place that is constantly changing.
Operator class 1 (Current Employee), Quapaw, OKSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: always someone willing to help if there is any confusion, free coffee, free popcorn on fridays
Through my experiences at 3m i have gained a great deal of knowlege from the many older and more experienced individuals. The job is exciting and constantly changing in many diverse ways.
Good People
Relief Operator (Current Employee), Elyria, OHSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: good pay & benefits
Cons: short lunches, need more people, stressful
Good place to work, friendly people & valuable safety measures
Encouraging working environment
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: interactive workplace
Cons: short breaks
Conducive work environment where tasks are performed with safety, quality and productivity as driving forces. Teamwork encompasses almost invariably every piece of work. Work is time bound and sometimes demanding. Tasks demand clear, rational, reflective and independent thinking skills to complete.
A great place to work
Shipping & Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee), Aston, PASeptember 3, 2014
A good cultured work environment.
Got good training. Management is good.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of accomplishing the day's assignments.
Hardest was keeping up with huge workload on busy seasons.

1 2 3 4 5

About 3M

At 3M, we pair imaginative thinking with science-based technology to create globally-renowned products. We lead scores of markets: – Read more