3M

3M Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great experience
Advanced Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), London, ONApril 25, 2014
At 3M Canada I was brought on board to support EDI. With no experience, I learned the process then became the primary support to move EDI into the new ERP (SAP).
Productive Plant, assisted with the grand opening of 3M
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), 2751 Peddie Road, Milton, OnJuly 31, 2013
Pros: very close to home, hired my employees
Cons: extremely long hours, no appreciation, managed by a chicago team that micromanaged
As Operations Supervisor I was in charge of all shipping lanes. This included picking, and packaging product, working with inventory levels, handling dry ice materials and oversee 35 employees.
Typical day started at 6:00 am and I started by
looking over the days orders, check dock with staged product, checked orders of shipped freight from previous – more... night, checked for error orders, check inventory levels, ran daily meeting, reviewed the agenda for the day, and advised what areas needed special attention, handle workers and conflicts, walk the floor, see who needs help, daily go and see each worker, get feedback, check orders hourly to meet shipping deadlines, process workers hours from the previous day, manage breaks, reported any mechanical breakdowns, ordered pallets

The hardest part of the job was the very long hours and lack of support from HO. – less
Average factory work
Line Operator (Former Employee), Brockville, ONDecember 22, 2012
Pros: 12 hour shifts
Cons: 12 hour shifts
It was easy but too repetitive. We would only shift down the line every 2 hours after a 10 minute break. Their wouldn't be any lunch breaks as well. The other workers were average, it was high school all over again.
3M
Production Assistant (Former Employee), brockvilleSeptember 22, 2012
Pros: everything
This company was the BESt. Nothing bad can be said. Everyone was great. Job was fast paced and a lot of lifting, but awesome.
not bad for a factory
Assistant Operator and Ergo Rep (Former Employee), Morden, MBSeptember 21, 2012
with out good education advancement is very limited. work is very repetitive. if you get a 3m position the and it can take many years to get 1 the benefits are good. no raises in pay except possibly close to cost of living increase
Lots of overtime, good work environment
Production Assist/Operator (Current Employee), Brownwood, TXAugust 27, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: to much overtime
Come in and study standards and follow operation procedures.

I gain experiance and knowelage in field

Management in lacking in areas

Great Co-workers helpful

The time away from home

Getting to try new things and new products
great place to work
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 23, 2014
Pros: learning something new everyday
Cons: contract work
a typical work day for me is exciting, different and challenging you might have an communication or mechanical issue or programming a clients work station.
good
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Monrovia, CAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: the hours
Cons: good benefits
running machines and making friends was a good company the management was all right good benefits fair pay more people up the latter
Excellent workplace environment
Technical Aide (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNAugust 22, 2014
Very enjoyable job, flexible hours and scheduling. Nice co-workers, modern facilities, overall very pleasant.
Doesn't pay great and poorly managed
Production Technician (Former Employee), Angleton, TexasAugust 22, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: powder over people.
Poorly managed, revolving door for employees. Speak your mind and find yourself without a job. Powder over people is the motto. No safety training. Fire escape training for office people only. Production is to important to stop and train production employees on evacuation routes. If your thinking about working here, save yourself the headache and bag – more... ice at buccees. Nothing against 3m just 3m Angleton. Over 600 people have been throughout this plant. They only employee 80 employees and have only been open 3 years. See the problem? – less
excellent company to work for
acccounts payable coordinator (Former Employee), Maplewood, MNAugust 20, 2014
Pros: good company to work for
Solved day to day problems with suppliers. Trained new employees. Made a lot of good friends working at 3m that have lasted even after I RETIRED .Learning the responsibilities in the first place.. Just working with the people both in and outside the company.
produtive enviroment,always learning,challengeing
Final inspector (Current Employee), Plymouth, INAugust 20, 2014
Pros: climate controlled enviroment
Cons: working production line
My day starts getting my work area set-up for production. the really fun part is seeing the different styles of frames and trying the frames on my face. I enjoyed learning how safety glasses are made, every job is different. the hardest part job was dealing with the fast pace.
Good Work Environment
Compounder (Former Employee), Oak Hill, CAAugust 18, 2014
Great Staff, Good work environment. No complaints. Management is good there too.
high paying but repetitive
Packer,Material supplier (Former Employee), Brookings, SDAugust 14, 2014
Great wage. Work was very repetitive. Most the people were nice and helpful. Different shifts. A lot of overtime opportunities. hardest thing would have to be the 12 hour rotating shift.
3M Review
QA Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 11, 2014
3M is a great company to work for and they take care of their employees. It is a big business and definitely has a corporate feel to the daily office life.
Wonderful place to have been an employee
Mulit-skilled Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Cynthiana, KYAugust 7, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: hours were long
Highly recommended!!!! A great team culture that all companies should strive to be like.
Good solid , fair company to work for.
Day shift systems lead tech (Former Employee), White City, ORAugust 6, 2014
Pros: advancement and training opertunities
Cons: sometimes long hours.
The plant was a 24 hour a day operation, with 3 shifts. I worked on all 3 shifts and after 2 years got promoted to the day shift lead systems person.

A typical day at work was having 13 other production and operations groups plus management to support. I managed to learn how to communicate with many types of people. Fortunately we had a great Company – more... and group of people to work with.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction I got when we kept the plant up and running making production goals. – less
Pilot Plant Technician, good co-workers, but bad management
Pilot Plant Technician (Former Employee), Maplewood, MNAugust 1, 2014
Pros: co-workers, work independently
Cons: management, rotating shifts, and contract pay.
Working for 3M in their pilot plant was pretty fun, interesting, and the other people that work there are really nice and fun to be around. The only problem with this job was the new management that they hired, she didn't know what she was doing, where anything was, or how to talk to or help people in there jobs. Though with that being said, I enjoyed – more... my experience there, besides the rotating shifts and the bad management. – less
VERY PRODUCTIVE WORK.
FACTORY WORKER (Former Employee), Cardiff, WLSJuly 31, 2014
VERY ENJOYABLE, AND HARDWORKING.
THAT I CAN DO ANYTHING IF I PUT MY MIND TO IT.
THE MANAGEMENT WERE LOVELY.
GOOD PEOPLE TO TALK TOO.
NOTHING WAS TOO HARD.
I ENJOYED EVERYTHING.
Productive everyday and fun.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Eagan, MNJuly 29, 2014
3M is a great company. The staff and co-workers are always willing to help when asked. A typical day at work consisted of print out of workloads and pick materials needed. Everyone is on task and work hard to finish products according to due date. Best thing about 3M is that employees are allowed to listen to music. This help boost up the energy on – more... a long day. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About 3M

At 3M, we pair imaginative thinking with science-based technology to create globally-renowned products. We lead scores of markets: – Read more