3M Employee Reviews

London Sales Support
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 May 2017
Assisting the sales team, focusing mostly providing stock availability and current pricing, creating deals for specific distributors, the distribution of any sales documentation, Preparing and following up on any sales quotations made by sales reps. Acting as the primary customer service contact for sales rep. Efficiently responding to any online or telephone queries in a calm and friendly manner. Liaise between other departments such Deals Department and Point of Sale Department.
Great corporate culture and thought leadership
Advanced Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON3 May 2017
The work culture here is very progressive and pro-innovation. There is a strong female leadership presence at the company which I love. New ideas, processes and ideas are always encouraged. Hours are flexible as long as people do not abuse the freedom. I love working here and the people I work with are smart, fun and dedicated individuals.
Pros
Fabulous corporate culture
Cons
Constant management changes
Bad place to be at the bottom of the totem poll
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON23 April 2017
The company is over managed, and there tends to be a disconcert between management and the production workers.

They treat contractors (and lower level employees) as disposable and will fire them over the smallest transgression. They will cut your shifts to try and save nickels and dimes. I often had regularly scheduled shifts canceled 1-2 hours before the shift started.

I'm not sure where in the bureaucracy the problem is, but it exists somewhere.

if you manage to get an office or management job I hear it can be a nice place to work, aside form the occasional stupidity of upper management.
Pros
good co-workers, can be a good place to work if your not on the bottom
Cons
out of touch management, poorly implemented corporate mandates, way to concerned liability (ironically leading to liability in some cases)
Safety Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 April 2017
I have worked for other larger corporations, and I have to say 3M was a class act. They treated you like you were an asset to the company. I worked with many people to this day that I still consider my friends. Thank You 3M.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Never had any
Challenging yet fun place to work
Methods Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 April 2017
I was an on-site support for Bombardier Aerospace, Montreal, working as a methods engineer for Cseries aircraft insulation.

My responsibility is to monitor the workflow of installing insulation blankets and the quality of insulation. Further, to work on design changes if any.
3M is a fine place to work
Wil volunteer (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 January 2017
One thing worth mentioning about working in 3M, is their corporate culture, one of a family like environment, a very friendly and supporting team in a very fast environment. Management and co-workers are all pulling in the same direction in a nice flow of multiple and simultaneous activities.
produtive with very enthusiatic
Logistics Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON19 January 2017
very good work place, to grow along with company if we have little or better HR and management supprt, company is great but mid management bit disappointing, which forced to look for another job.
Pros
yes"some times
Cons
nope
Na
Office Administrator, Occupational Health Services (Current Employee) –  London, ON29 November 2016
Have not worked here long enough to review. There should be an option to opt out of typing a review.

Gossip and politics
Corporate Ergonomist (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 October 2016
I found that the management fostered an environment of gossip and backstabbing. Slanderous statements could be made with no validation, and when proven completely false there were no repercussions for the person trying to cause another harm.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Numerous
Challenging, fast paced work environment.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON29 September 2016
A typical day at work on this job included making anywhere from 200 to 1000 products. The hardest part about this job was that it was difficult to run the machine by yourself. The most enjoyable part of this job was that you were allowed to listen to music.
Pros
Paid Lunch
Cons
Night Shifts
Great Health and Safety Culture.
Safety Specialist (Personal Safety Division) (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 August 2016
Nice place to work. Friendly staff. Could use a few more hours while working at 3M. The area I worked in was poorly managed. This is why it moved to Quebec.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Not enough hours.
Collaborative and very friendly work environment, but little-to-no hope of converting from contract to permanent.
IBG - Deal Coordinator / Pricing Maintainer (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 May 2016
The bulk of my day revolves around ensuring that - when requested - a customer has access to a set set of products, at a pre-determined waterfall of pricing conditions. These rules are set out by our Pricing Specialists, and it is up to my colleagues and I to maintain these rules to ensure optimal accuracy and avoid price leakage. Beyond these 'listings', and setting up pricing for new products, I am also responsible for creating mass-buy lists, which typically involve five thousand customers or more, and ten to twenty of our biggest-selling Sales Districts. It is a very routine job, but when faced with new challenges - be it software updates, new procedure etc... - we as Pricing Maintainers work very well as a collaborative unit to strive to find the most effective new way to adapt to and evolve from these challenges as they unravel.
Pros
flex-hours, personable and helpful leaders, team-play environment that also provides plenty of solo work.
Cons
"frozen" in terms of ability to convert contract workers to permanent, which means no vacation, benefits, etc...
N/a
Technical Trainer (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 March 2016
Their was not enough hours in my week. They promised 24 hrs per week to start and it was only 5 hrs total per week. Never increased.
good work environment
Office Assistant Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Perth, ON23 February 2016
treat employees well, management treated employees with respect, employees were given great training and fair scheduling.
Nice Place to Work
Design Engineer (CSeries) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 December 2015
I love the atmosphere here at 3M, I feel like I've been welcomed in a genuine way. I learn and take on new task as well, which always helps me grow as an individual.
Nice place to work with a helpful knowledgeable management team and friendly supportive co workers. 3M has their employees interests in mind and offer alot of benefits
Great staff and working environment
Fall Protection Sales Specialist Ontario Region (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 November 2015
Staff is very team oriented. Organization is mainly focused on the Oil and Gas Sector. This can be good or not so good if there is a major sector in this Sector.
Pros
Staff and culture
Cons
Business focus- Oil and Gas Sector only main focus
Excellent Experience
Marketing Coordinator for Consumer Health Care (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 July 2015
Took part in an 8-month internship program and 3M and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. All of my colleagues were extremely supportive, kind, and welcoming. I would recommend the company to all that ask.
stress free and very best work place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Plastic Ave. Etobicoke Ont.22 June 2015
very learning, great learning experience. very satisfying atmosphere to work in. no supervised work, finish your work at your own pace by targeted time without headache. Management very good, Always appreciate good work done by me on time. 2 breaks at your chosen time of 1/2 hr each.
Pros
Work at your own pace, Start work At your time
Productive place
Operator (Current Employee) –  Brockville16 June 2015
People there are great to work for The company itself is very well run extremely high priorities on safety and all around good company.
Pros
free lunches
productive regarding work.
Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 June 2015
1-end of the month is typical day....because have to ship as much we can.

2- be ready for these .

3- Co-workers are very helpful.

4- when there is 2 trucks at a time for off-loading, reason is area is not enough for goods to keep all together.

5- every moment of a day in which i learn something new.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 3M. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval