3M

3M Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place for sales professionals eager to excel.
NATIONAL SALES MANAGER (Former Employee), London, ONDecember 2, 2014
Great place for sales professionals eager to excel. Superb product lineup makes it a proud environment to work within.
Good company with great pay for permanent employees
Data Analyst (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 20, 2014
It is great company with great pay. Excellent for permanent employees with regard to work challenge and benefits. Not so great if you are not in your own field.
Not a good place to work
former temp (Former Employee), Brockville, ONOctober 30, 2014
Pros: co-workers are very supportive
Cons: management sucks
I worked as a temp for 3 months in the tape plant. I got along great with the other employees except for the person training me. Management was very poor. My supervisor never called me by my name. It was always either sweetie or hun. The person who trained me, clearly didn't want to train anyone and was not a team player. I found myself just learning by watching and if I asked a question, I would be told to do as he says. He was also a temp who has been there for 2 years and all the temps he has previously trained had been hired full-time so I assume he was bitter about that and didn't want to train anymore. When I spoke to my supervisor about the situation, I was told he would talk to him about it. 2 days later, I mentioned it again and he still hadn't spoken to him. The next day, while I was on break, I got a call from the placement agency saying that I wasn't needed anymore...while at work! I went directly to my supervisor's office and he lied to my face saying that I never went to him about the issues I was having with my co-worker.
I wouldn't recommend anyone work there unless you enjoy being treated like snot 12 hours a day for $14 an hour!!!!
Great experience
Advanced Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), London, ONApril 25, 2014
At 3M Canada I was brought on board to support EDI. With no experience, I learned the process then became the primary support to move EDI into the new ERP (SAP).
Great multicultural company
Marketing intern (Former Employee), Santiago de Chile, RMAugust 21, 2013
By comparing 3M sales and portfolio to its competitors I was able to present new product strategies which resulted to be very successful. I also worked on estimating sales potential of certain products and building marketing materials around them.
Productive Plant, assisted with the grand opening of 3M
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), 2751 Peddie Road, Milton, OnJuly 31, 2013
Pros: very close to home, hired my employees
Cons: extremely long hours, no appreciation, managed by a chicago team that micromanaged
As Operations Supervisor I was in charge of all shipping lanes. This included picking, and packaging product, working with inventory levels, handling dry ice materials and oversee 35 employees.
Typical day started at 6:00 am and I started by
looking over the days orders, check dock with staged product, checked orders of shipped freight from previous night, checked for error orders, check inventory levels, ran daily meeting, reviewed the agenda for the day, and advised what areas needed special attention, handle workers and conflicts, walk the floor, see who needs help, daily go and see each worker, get feedback, check orders hourly to meet shipping deadlines, process workers hours from the previous day, manage breaks, reported any mechanical breakdowns, ordered pallets

The hardest part of the job was the very long hours and lack of support from HO.
Average factory work
Line Operator (Former Employee), Brockville, ONDecember 22, 2012
Pros: 12 hour shifts
Cons: 12 hour shifts
It was easy but too repetitive. We would only shift down the line every 2 hours after a 10 minute break. Their wouldn't be any lunch breaks as well. The other workers were average, it was high school all over again.
3M
Production Assistant (Former Employee), brockvilleSeptember 22, 2012
Pros: everything
This company was the BESt. Nothing bad can be said. Everyone was great. Job was fast paced and a lot of lifting, but awesome.
not bad for a factory
Assistant Operator and Ergo Rep (Former Employee), Morden, MBSeptember 21, 2012
with out good education advancement is very limited. work is very repetitive. if you get a 3m position the and it can take many years to get 1 the benefits are good. no raises in pay except possibly close to cost of living increase
Great Place to Work
Division Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee), Meriden, CTJanuary 27, 2015
Partnering with Division VP/GM and Functional Directors; multi site leaders including in MX and Canada.
Production job= great pay and benefits
Lead Constraint Operator - Production (Former Employee), Ames, IAJanuary 27, 2015
Great pay and benefits! Production work can be very demanding and dirty. Management does work with all employees well. Overtime pay is wonderful and plenty of breaks during the day.
Great opportunities
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Port St Lucie, FLJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: well paid
Cons: not enough plants in our area state of florida
Very organized company.
Lots of benefits, medical and 401k plans.
Training is given periodically for safety.
The company gives training to further your knowledge.
Easy job, good pay, zero work/life balance
Production Worker (Former Employee), New Ulm, MNJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good atmosphere, cool coworkers
Cons: rotating shifts (mad rotation), can't listen to own music
Nothing is wrong with the company. I did production work at the factory, and my coworkers were awesome and the management was tolerable. However, the rotating shifts (which any production job would have) are what are killer. If you want money and don't care about a messed up sleep schedule, then go for it.
Part time during college
Despatch and Stock (Current Employee), Chadderton, ENGJanuary 20, 2015
My main task within this role was checking the quality of printed security documents maintaining a keen eye for detail. Individual and team targets and deadlines were a key part of this role. Furthermore processing company orders with the use of barcodes and scanners was required.
Fun and productive workplace environment
Application Support Analyst III (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: flexibility, friendly
Cons: contract
I supported 3M back office system implemented for TX tag/DOT in which dealt on daily basis with all transactions generated from lanes, other toll agencies, collection agencies to system and all tasks, system processes, updates, transactions, problems from system and client.

- Enjoyed tackling different and very challenging issues on daily basis.

- Very supportive colleagues and management.
Great place!
Sensor technician (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: plenty of overtime
Cons: can't live site for lunches but can order in.
A typical day is the same as you would find at most places of work. You clock in, get to your station, and get to work. However there is often times a change of pace. You can be pulled aside to help other areas or just giving a new task as a break from the norm. The management was the most understanding I ever had and I have nothing but positive things to say about the people I worked with. I would highly recommend 3M as a ideal place to work!
Large company with many great people to work with.
Buyer, Sourcing Operations (Current Employee), Maplewood, MNJanuary 12, 2015
As a Buyer, I was responsible for
• Requisition processing, purchase order changes, and resolving invoice and shipping issues by utilizing People Soft and various other databases.
• Responsible for setting up pricing and maintenance of new and current item numbers
• Work directly with various internal departments, vendors and other Sourcing personal in error correction and prevention of issues related to the Procure-to-Pay process.
• Follow Sourcing guidelines to monitor, measure, improve, analyze and implement Sourcing processes and customer requirements

However, I am a contract worker so it's diffiicult to comment on benefits and job security because I am not eligable for them.
Great work environment
Employee (Current Employee), Flemington, NJJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits, work environment
Cons: despite good pay you do not get raises
Great company to work for. Safety is always number 1 and pay is competitive. Co-workers are very nice. Learned a lot. Opportunity for tuition reimbursement. Many incentives.
Corporate environment with the cons of a startup
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: pays well, flexible hours
Cons: corporate environment with cons of a startup, very little structure/organization
Poor management, high turnover rate leaves very little SMEs, good money but that's all the employees are there for. Flexible hours
3m car care
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee), Chennai, TNJanuary 7, 2015
SuperVisor Job
Service advisor job also
and over all in charge

1 2 3 4 5

About 3M

At 3M, we pair imaginative thinking with science-based technology to create globally-renowned products. We lead scores of markets: – Read more