3M Employee Reviews

Nice Place to Work
Design Engineer (CSeries) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 23, 2015
I love the atmosphere here at 3M, I feel like I've been welcomed in a genuine way. I learn and take on new task as well, which always helps me grow as an individual.
Nice place to work with a helpful knowledgeable management team and friendly supportive co workers. 3M has their employees interests in mind and offer alot of benefits
Collaborative and very friendly work environment, but little-to-no hope of converting from contract to permanent.
IBG - Deal Coordinator / Pricing Maintainer (Current Employee) –  London, ONMay 4, 2016
The bulk of my day revolves around ensuring that - when requested - a customer has access to a set set of products, at a pre-determined waterfall of pricing conditions. These rules are set out by our Pricing Specialists, and it is up to my colleagues and I to maintain these rules to ensure optimal accuracy and avoid price leakage. Beyond these 'listings', and setting up pricing for new products, I am also responsible for creating mass-buy lists, which typically involve five thousand customers or more, and ten to twenty of our biggest-selling Sales Districts. It is a very routine job, but when faced with new challenges - be it software updates, new procedure etc... - we as Pricing Maintainers work very well as a collaborative unit to strive to find the most effective new way to adapt to and evolve from these challenges as they unravel.
Pros
flex-hours, personable and helpful leaders, team-play environment that also provides plenty of solo work.
Cons
"frozen" in terms of ability to convert contract workers to permanent, which means no vacation, benefits, etc...
good work environment
Office Assistant Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Perth, ONFebruary 23, 2016
treat employees well, management treated employees with respect, employees were given great training and fair scheduling.
Great staff and working environment
Fall Protection Sales Specialist Ontario Region (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 18, 2015
Staff is very team oriented. Organization is mainly focused on the Oil and Gas Sector. This can be good or not so good if there is a major sector in this Sector.
Pros
Staff and culture
Cons
Business focus- Oil and Gas Sector only main focus
over all good company
NATIONAL KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  torontoSeptember 13, 2014
great culture management is not consistent
live by integrity at 3
its all about how they are perceived
Pros
great benefits and great company
Cons
bottom line is king
not bad for a factory
Assistant Operator and Ergo Rep (Former Employee) –  Morden, MBSeptember 21, 2012
with out good education advancement is very limited. work is very repetitive. if you get a 3m position the and it can take many years to get 1 the benefits are good. no raises in pay except possibly close to cost of living increase
Good company with great pay for permanent employees
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 20, 2014
It is great company with great pay. Excellent for permanent employees with regard to work challenge and benefits. Not so great if you are not in your own field.
Good first major job out of college
SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioOctober 8, 2012
I learned the copier and office equipment business here.Good job, company car.
Pros
company car and benefits
Cons
working downtown toronto and traffic.
stress free and very best work place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Plastic Ave. Etobicoke Ont.June 22, 2015
very learning, great learning experience. very satisfying atmosphere to work in. no supervised work, finish your work at your own pace by targeted time without headache. Management very good, Always appreciate good work done by me on time. 2 breaks at your chosen time of 1/2 hr each.
Pros
Work at your own pace, Start work At your time
Productive Plant, assisted with the grand opening of 3M
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  2751 Peddie Road, Milton, OnJuly 31, 2013
As Operations Supervisor I was in charge of all shipping lanes. This included picking, and packaging product, working with inventory levels, handling dry ice materials and oversee 35 employees.
Typical day started at 6:00 am and I started by
looking over the days orders, check dock with staged product, checked orders of shipped freight from previous night, checked for error orders, check inventory levels, ran daily meeting, reviewed the agenda for the day, and advised what areas needed special attention, handle workers and conflicts, walk the floor, see who needs help, daily go and see each worker, get feedback, check orders hourly to meet shipping deadlines, process workers hours from the previous day, manage breaks, reported any mechanical breakdowns, ordered pallets

The hardest part of the job was the very long hours and lack of support from HO.
Pros
very close to home, hired my employees
Cons
extremely long hours, no appreciation, managed by a chicago team that micromanaged
Not a good place to work
former temp (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONOctober 30, 2014
I worked as a temp for 3 months in the tape plant. I got along great with the other employees except for the person training me. Management was very poor. My supervisor never called me by my name. It was always either sweetie or hun. The person who trained me, clearly didn't want to train anyone and was not a team player. I found myself just learning by watching and if I asked a question, I would be told to do as he says. He was also a temp who has been there for 2 years and all the temps he has previously trained had been hired full-time so I assume he was bitter about that and didn't want to train anymore. When I spoke to my supervisor about the situation, I was told he would talk to him about it. 2 days later, I mentioned it again and he still hadn't spoken to him. The next day, while I was on break, I got a call from the placement agency saying that I wasn't needed anymore...while at work! I went directly to my supervisor's office and he lied to my face saying that I never went to him about the issues I was having with my co-worker.
I wouldn't recommend anyone work there unless you enjoy being treated like snot 12 hours a day for $14 an hour!!!!
Pros
co-workers are very supportive
Cons
management sucks
Excellent Experience
Marketing Coordinator for Consumer Health Care (Former Employee) –  London, ONJuly 9, 2015
Took part in an 8-month internship program and 3M and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. All of my colleagues were extremely supportive, kind, and welcoming. I would recommend the company to all that ask.
productive regarding work.
Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 13, 2015
1-end of the month is typical day....because have to ship as much we can.

2- be ready for these .

3- Co-workers are very helpful.

4- when there is 2 trucks at a time for off-loading, reason is area is not enough for goods to keep all together.

5- every moment of a day in which i learn something new.
Productive place
Operator (Current Employee) –  BrockvilleJune 16, 2015
People there are great to work for The company itself is very well run extremely high priorities on safety and all around good company.
Pros
free lunches
Exellent place to work
SAP Senior Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 19, 2015
Fun to be part of global company. Exposure to country specific business practices. Part of the technical team operating in various parts of the world.
Working at 3M in fun yet challenging. Great place to work, but lacks job security.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  London, ONOctober 18, 2012
I am a machine operator which includes but is not limited to trouble shooting problems (production quality and performance), monitoring machine set points,data entry, paper work, set ups, changeovers, house keeping, use of a walkie etc. My co-workers are great to work with. There is a family environment at 3M. The best part of the job is the work environment. We work as a unit or team. No real complaints about my job.
Pros
great pay
Cons
working with toxic chemicals
Wonderful People
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 27, 2012
I worked in the factory for the summer before entering university. I have never had factory work experience before, but the employees at 3M took me under their wing and gave me the most comprehensive training I've ever received.
I was also able to save up enough money to pay my tuition in full very quickly.
Although the work was physically demanding, working for 3M has been the most enjoyable job I have ever had.
Strong stable company!
Filtration Expert/Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 4, 2015
3M presents a challenging environment, focused on building with excellence. Most enjoyable part of the job is the resources such a large company offers to support new innovations.
Innovative workplace conducive to learning and growing
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 3, 2013
My short time at 3M was a great experience for me. As a marketing assistant, I supported the marketing team for a particular sector with many tasks. As such, I was learning new things every day and always challenged by the new work assigned to me. There is definitely positive energy around the office, and I interacted well with all of my co-workers there.
farrowing barn.. great fun staff
FARROWING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Lucan, ONJanuary 9, 2013
my co-workers were great to work with everyone enjoyed what they did.
my manager was a pleasure to work for, she was fair, honest, and made the days flow to meet daily goals.
I learned so many new things, such as assisting a sow farrow
castrate. ensuring the piglets were happy and healthy. that was my favorite part of the job.
Pros
it kept me in shape
Cons
physically demanding