3M

3M Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great experience
Advanced Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), London, ONApril 25, 2014
At 3M Canada I was brought on board to support EDI. With no experience, I learned the process then became the primary support to move EDI into the new ERP (SAP).
Great multicultural company
Marketing intern (Former Employee), Santiago de Chile, RMAugust 21, 2013
By comparing 3M sales and portfolio to its competitors I was able to present new product strategies which resulted to be very successful. I also worked on estimating sales potential of certain products and building marketing materials around them.
Productive Plant, assisted with the grand opening of 3M
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), 2751 Peddie Road, Milton, OnJuly 31, 2013
Pros: very close to home, hired my employees
Cons: extremely long hours, no appreciation, managed by a chicago team that micromanaged
As Operations Supervisor I was in charge of all shipping lanes. This included picking, and packaging product, working with inventory levels, handling dry ice materials and oversee 35 employees.
Typical day started at 6:00 am and I started by
looking over the days orders, check dock with staged product, checked orders of shipped freight from previous – more... night, checked for error orders, check inventory levels, ran daily meeting, reviewed the agenda for the day, and advised what areas needed special attention, handle workers and conflicts, walk the floor, see who needs help, daily go and see each worker, get feedback, check orders hourly to meet shipping deadlines, process workers hours from the previous day, manage breaks, reported any mechanical breakdowns, ordered pallets

The hardest part of the job was the very long hours and lack of support from HO. – less
Average factory work
Line Operator (Former Employee), Brockville, ONDecember 22, 2012
Pros: 12 hour shifts
Cons: 12 hour shifts
It was easy but too repetitive. We would only shift down the line every 2 hours after a 10 minute break. Their wouldn't be any lunch breaks as well. The other workers were average, it was high school all over again.
3M
Production Assistant (Former Employee), brockvilleSeptember 22, 2012
Pros: everything
This company was the BESt. Nothing bad can be said. Everyone was great. Job was fast paced and a lot of lifting, but awesome.
not bad for a factory
Assistant Operator and Ergo Rep (Former Employee), Morden, MBSeptember 21, 2012
with out good education advancement is very limited. work is very repetitive. if you get a 3m position the and it can take many years to get 1 the benefits are good. no raises in pay except possibly close to cost of living increase
Productive ,Safe enviornment very calm
MACHINE OPERATOR (Current Employee), Indianapolis InSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: great vending machine
Cons: overtime mandotory
Get the mix prepared , Start machine ,Drop mix . After the mix is in the machine the ear plugs start to run. Observe the ear plugs for bad ones. I learned how to operate the machines since started, the co workers and management is a great team of people to be around. I would have to say working 12 hours was the hardest part of the job. On the other – more... hand the nice chill environment was most enjoyable – less
Contract Position
Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Maplewood, MNSeptember 22, 2014
Assembled, wired and mounted 60 peristaltic pumps for bench testing
Installed data acquisition card and sensor, set up LabVIEW program for testing
Reviewed bill of materials for test system and took inventory of incoming parts
Good Work place
LEAD OPERATOR OF PRODUCTION (Former Employee), Montrose, COSeptember 22, 2014
They sent me to management training to advance from the position I was in. My co workers where good people. That job taught me how to be a great role model for my fellow employees.
excellent benefits, salary and work environment
Senior Customer Service (Former Employee), Springfield, MOSeptember 22, 2014
Cons: clerical understaffed
good work environment, although clerical understaffed. enjoyed working at 3M and loved my job.
Productive work place that is constantly changing.
Operator class 1 (Current Employee), Quapaw, OKSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: always someone willing to help if there is any confusion, free coffee, free popcorn on fridays
Through my experiences at 3m i have gained a great deal of knowlege from the many older and more experienced individuals. The job is exciting and constantly changing in many diverse ways.
Good People
Relief Operator (Current Employee), Elyria, OHSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: good pay & benefits
Cons: short lunches, need more people, stressful
Good place to work, friendly people & valuable safety measures
Encouraging working environment
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: interactive workplace
Cons: short breaks
Conducive work environment where tasks are performed with safety, quality and productivity as driving forces. Teamwork encompasses almost invariably every piece of work. Work is time bound and sometimes demanding. Tasks demand clear, rational, reflective and independent thinking skills to complete.
A great place to work
Shipping & Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee), Aston, PASeptember 3, 2014
A good cultured work environment.
Got good training. Management is good.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of accomplishing the day's assignments.
Hardest was keeping up with huge workload on busy seasons.
loved my job, just not their values
Occupation Health Assistant (Former Employee), Hutchinson, MNSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: not family oriented
Great place to work, but they did not value your time with your family. Work closely with HR department and saw things I did not agree with
Productive business with very friendly coworkers.
Semiautomatic SC Disc Line Operator (Former Employee), Prairie du Chien, WIAugust 31, 2014
Pros: offerred gatorade concentrate mix for water to keep employees hydrated
Cons: very hot temperatures in many areas of the plant.
3M is a worldwide business with many opportunities and great benefits. The typical workday would be filled with operating heavy machinery, or packing products out made. One thing I've learned working at 3M is that everyone's voice in a situation is welcomed, and important. Everyone's view is welcome. Many of the co-workers in or out of your work area – more... are particularly friendly, and get along quite well. One of the most struggling parts about working at 3M, since it is a factory, is the outside temperature's effect on the inside. Summers can get hot, and winters get cold. As long as you stay hydrated in the summer, and dress warm in the winter, working at 3M can be a blast. – less
Lots of overtime, good work environment
Production Assist/Operator (Current Employee), Brownwood, TXAugust 27, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: to much overtime
Come in and study standards and follow operation procedures.

I gain experiance and knowelage in field

Management in lacking in areas

Great Co-workers helpful

The time away from home

Getting to try new things and new products
great place to work
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Tampa, FLAugust 23, 2014
Pros: learning something new everyday
Cons: contract work
a typical work day for me is exciting, different and challenging you might have an communication or mechanical issue or programming a clients work station.
good
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Monrovia, CAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: the hours
Cons: good benefits
running machines and making friends was a good company the management was all right good benefits fair pay more people up the latter
Excellent workplace environment
Technical Aide (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNAugust 22, 2014
Very enjoyable job, flexible hours and scheduling. Nice co-workers, modern facilities, overall very pleasant.

1 2 3 4 5

About 3M

At 3M, we pair imaginative thinking with science-based technology to create globally-renowned products. We lead scores of markets: – Read more