3M Employee Reviews

N/a
N/A (Former Employee) –  Ontario7 December 2017
Peers are kind. Lots of opportunities to improve. Further improvement and stability of environment is still required. Unclear instructions and a lack of legacy details are a concern.
Great people to work with
Customer service and Contract services (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 December 2017
Was only on a contract position to get the company through the transition from a DOS system to SAP. Was a busy time as we didn't really have hands on training before the start up... but we made it through.
Large Company
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Perth, ON21 November 2017
• On a crew of 10 that was responsible for the day to day maintenance schedule of high speed tape converting and high speed packaging equipment.
• Call in breakdown 24/7 schedule
• Plant emergency first response including first aide and fire suppression system
• O.H.S.A. employee representative for maintenance and production
fair to fine working environment
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 November 2017
very strict work environment as working with sensitive materials. fair working conditions. no room for growth. management is fair and relatively prompt in dealing with issues brought to their attention
Horrible place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON31 October 2017
Management does not care about the people they employ. Poorly organized and a lot of bad moral in the whole workplace. Plant supervisors are clueless as to how the operation runs. This is why they cannot keep any good employees. Very high turnover and zero chance of advancement.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
poor management
Great Workplace
Channel Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 October 2017
3M was a great company to work for, everyone was very friendly and willing to help with issues. The culture is great and the offices are very nice. Overall it was a great internship with a lot of valuable learning experiences.
It is a great company to work for
Vendor Payment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 September 2017
My contract is just ending that is why I'm updating my profile and back to job search again. I would have loved to continue with my work at 3M Canada. It was a nice place, culture and experience and it is something I'm hoping to bring to my future employment place.
Ambiguity
Quality Assurance Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 September 2017
No advancement, Time wasted is approximately 40%, Productivity never exceeds 60% especially to mention permanent employees. Totally different culture compared to my earlier experience within 3M. Middle management are not well qualified to be leaders of the future. I thought I would enjoy it there but turned me to avoid to re apply for any post at 3M Canada.
Pros
Senior management
Cons
Middle management, lack of leadership skills
Not a bad job.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON28 August 2017
Not a bad job, a nice and clean place to work. good people. Contract work so that part sucks. The manager doesn't care enough to call you to tell you that your shift is cancelled, so theres that.
Flexible Work Environment
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 July 2017
Freedom to tackle any problem you like in just about any way you want. Flexible work hours and environment. Helpful and knowledgeable staff. No sense of culture, however.
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Perth, ON23 June 2017
Its a good Job, not enough salary. The staff and management are very good to work for, and I have nothing but nice stuff to say about the company. Apply.
Pros
Good Staff
Cons
Shift work
Fun work place
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  London, ON17 May 2017
Working at 3M as a security guard is not one would think a guard would do. Mostly its giving access to the building and monitoring alarms and checking out keys etc.
London Sales Support
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  London, ON8 May 2017
Assisting the sales team, focusing mostly providing stock availability and current pricing, creating deals for specific distributors, the distribution of any sales documentation, Preparing and following up on any sales quotations made by sales reps. Acting as the primary customer service contact for sales rep. Efficiently responding to any online or telephone queries in a calm and friendly manner. Liaise between other departments such Deals Department and Point of Sale Department.
Great corporate culture and thought leadership
Advanced Customer Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  London, ON3 May 2017
The work culture here is very progressive and pro-innovation. There is a strong female leadership presence at the company which I love. New ideas, processes and ideas are always encouraged. Hours are flexible as long as people do not abuse the freedom. I love working here and the people I work with are smart, fun and dedicated individuals.
Pros
Fabulous corporate culture
Cons
Constant management changes
Bad place to be at the bottom of the totem poll
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON23 April 2017
The company is over managed, and there tends to be a disconcert between management and the production workers.

They treat contractors (and lower level employees) as disposable and will fire them over the smallest transgression. They will cut your shifts to try and save nickels and dimes. I often had regularly scheduled shifts canceled 1-2 hours before the shift started.

I'm not sure where in the bureaucracy the problem is, but it exists somewhere.

if you manage to get an office or management job I hear it can be a nice place to work, aside form the occasional stupidity of upper management.
Pros
good co-workers, can be a good place to work if your not on the bottom
Cons
out of touch management, poorly implemented corporate mandates, way to concerned liability (ironically leading to liability in some cases)
Safety Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 April 2017
I have worked for other larger corporations, and I have to say 3M was a class act. They treated you like you were an asset to the company. I worked with many people to this day that I still consider my friends. Thank You 3M.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Never had any
Challenging yet fun place to work
Methods Engineer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 April 2017
I was an on-site support for Bombardier Aerospace, Montreal, working as a methods engineer for Cseries aircraft insulation.

My responsibility is to monitor the workflow of installing insulation blankets and the quality of insulation. Further, to work on design changes if any.
Expérience enrichissante
Support administratif (Former Employee) –  Ville Saint Laurent, QC23 March 2017
Travailler au sein de cette entreprise m'a permis d'acquérir de nouvelles expériences et de mettre en valeur certaines de compétences. Il y a une bonne entraide et communication au sein de la compagnie et surtout un bon support.
3M is a fine place to work
Wil volunteer (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 January 2017
One thing worth mentioning about working in 3M, is their corporate culture, one of a family like environment, a very friendly and supporting team in a very fast environment. Management and co-workers are all pulling in the same direction in a nice flow of multiple and simultaneous activities.
produtive with very enthusiatic
Logistics Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON19 January 2017
very good work place, to grow along with company if we have little or better HR and management supprt, company is great but mid management bit disappointing, which forced to look for another job.
Pros
yes"some times
Cons
nope

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 3M. Our community is ready to answer.