3M Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
good work environment
Office Assistant Summer Student (Former Employee), Perth, ONFebruary 23, 2016
treat employees well, management treated employees with respect, employees were given great training and fair scheduling.
Nice Place to Work
Design Engineer (CSeries) (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 23, 2015
I love the atmosphere here at 3M, I feel like I've been welcomed in a genuine way. I learn and take on new task as well, which always helps me grow as an individual.
Nice place to work with a helpful knowledgeable management team and friendly supportive co workers. 3M has their employees interests in mind and offer alot of benefits
Great staff and working environment
Fall Protection Sales Specialist Ontario Region (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 18, 2015
Pros: Staff and culture
Cons: Business focus- Oil and Gas Sector only main focus
Staff is very team oriented. Organization is mainly focused on the Oil and Gas Sector. This can be good or not so good if there is a major sector in this Sector.
Excellent Experience
Marketing Coordinator for Consumer Health Care (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 9, 2015
Took part in an 8-month internship program and 3M and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. All of my colleagues were extremely supportive, kind, and welcoming. I would recommend the company to all that ask.
stress free and very best work place
Assembler (Former Employee), Plastic Ave. Etobicoke Ont.June 22, 2015
Pros: Work at your own pace, Start work At your time
Cons: None
very learning, great learning experience. very satisfying atmosphere to work in. no supervised work, finish your work at your own pace by targeted time without headache. Management very good, Always appreciate good work done by me on time. 2 breaks at your chosen time of 1/2 hr each.
Productive place
Operator (Current Employee), BrockvilleJune 16, 2015
Pros: free lunches
People there are great to work for The company itself is very well run extremely high priorities on safety and all around good company.
productive regarding work.
Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 13, 2015
1-end of the month is typical day....because have to ship as much we can.

2- be ready for these .

3- Co-workers are very helpful.

4- when there is 2 trucks at a time for off-loading, reason is area is not enough for goods to keep all together.

5- every moment of a day in which i learn something new.
Exellent place to work
SAP Senior Quality Analyst (Former Employee), TorontoMay 19, 2015
Fun to be part of global company. Exposure to country specific business practices. Part of the technical team operating in various parts of the world.
Strong stable company!
Filtration Expert/Project Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 4, 2015
3M presents a challenging environment, focused on building with excellence. Most enjoyable part of the job is the resources such a large company offers to support new innovations.
Great place for sales professionals eager to excel.
NATIONAL SALES MANAGER (Former Employee), London, ONDecember 2, 2014
Great place for sales professionals eager to excel. Superb product lineup makes it a proud environment to work within.
Good company with great pay for permanent employees
Data Analyst (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 20, 2014
It is great company with great pay. Excellent for permanent employees with regard to work challenge and benefits. Not so great if you are not in your own field.
Not a good place to work
former temp (Former Employee), Brockville, ONOctober 30, 2014
Pros: co-workers are very supportive
Cons: management sucks
I worked as a temp for 3 months in the tape plant. I got along great with the other employees except for the person training me. Management was very poor. My supervisor never called me by my name. It was always either sweetie or hun. The person who trained me, clearly didn't want to train anyone and was not a team player. I found myself just learning by watching and if I asked a question, I would be told to do as he says. He was also a temp who has been there for 2 years and all the temps he has previously trained had been hired full-time so I assume he was bitter about that and didn't want to train anymore. When I spoke to my supervisor about the situation, I was told he would talk to him about it. 2 days later, I mentioned it again and he still hadn't spoken to him. The next day, while I was on break, I got a call from the placement agency saying that I wasn't needed anymore...while at work! I went directly to my supervisor's office and he lied to my face saying that I never went to him about the issues I was having with my co-worker.
I wouldn't recommend anyone work there unless you enjoy being treated like snot 12 hours a day for $14 an hour!!!!
over all good company
NATIONAL KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee), torontoSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits and great company
Cons: bottom line is king
great culture management is not consistent
live by integrity at 3
its all about how they are perceived
Great experience
Advanced Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), London, ONApril 25, 2014
At 3M Canada I was brought on board to support EDI. With no experience, I learned the process then became the primary support to move EDI into the new ERP (SAP).
Dental Sales Rep
CLINICAL PRODUCT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 14, 2014
Great team, good environment to work in. Dental is a great industry with lots of learning and educational opportunities.
Volunteer
Christmas Party Volunteer (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches
I really enjoyed being able to help with this event, most especially when handing out Christmas gifts to children and putting a smile on their faces.
I enjoy working for this company
Receptionist/Coordinator Office Services (Current Employee), PerthJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: days off through week
Cons: 12 hrs shiftwork
I only cover office during vacation coverage when not covering vacation I work on production floor on daily basis
3M
Facility Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee), Milton,ONNovember 14, 2013
Responsible for day to day building maintenance and new hire
training.
Innovative workplace conducive to learning and growing
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), London, ONSeptember 3, 2013
My short time at 3M was a great experience for me. As a marketing assistant, I supported the marketing team for a particular sector with many tasks. As such, I was learning new things every day and always challenged by the new work assigned to me. There is definitely positive energy around the office, and I interacted well with all of my co-workers there.
Productive Plant, assisted with the grand opening of 3M
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), 2751 Peddie Road, Milton, OnJuly 31, 2013
Pros: very close to home, hired my employees
Cons: extremely long hours, no appreciation, managed by a chicago team that micromanaged
As Operations Supervisor I was in charge of all shipping lanes. This included picking, and packaging product, working with inventory levels, handling dry ice materials and oversee 35 employees.
Typical day started at 6:00 am and I started by
looking over the days orders, check dock with staged product, checked orders of shipped freight from previous night, checked for error orders, check inventory levels, ran daily meeting, reviewed the agenda for the day, and advised what areas needed special attention, handle workers and conflicts, walk the floor, see who needs help, daily go and see each worker, get feedback, check orders hourly to meet shipping deadlines, process workers hours from the previous day, manage breaks, reported any mechanical breakdowns, ordered pallets

The hardest part of the job was the very long hours and lack of support from HO.
Headquarters