3M

3M Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good company with great pay for permanent employees
Data Analyst (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 20, 2014
It is great company with great pay. Excellent for permanent employees with regard to work challenge and benefits. Not so great if you are not in your own field.
Not a good place to work
former temp (Former Employee), Brockville, ONOctober 30, 2014
Pros: co-workers are very supportive
Cons: management sucks
I worked as a temp for 3 months in the tape plant. I got along great with the other employees except for the person training me. Management was very poor. My supervisor never called me by my name. It was always either sweetie or hun. The person who trained me, clearly didn't want to train anyone and was not a team player. I found myself just learning by watching and if I asked a question, I would be told to do as he says. He was also a temp who has been there for 2 years and all the temps he has previously trained had been hired full-time so I assume he was bitter about that and didn't want to train anymore. When I spoke to my supervisor about the situation, I was told he would talk to him about it. 2 days later, I mentioned it again and he still hadn't spoken to him. The next day, while I was on break, I got a call from the placement agency saying that I wasn't needed anymore...while at work! I went directly to my supervisor's office and he lied to my face saying that I never went to him about the issues I was having with my co-worker.
I wouldn't recommend anyone work there unless you enjoy being treated like snot 12 hours a day for $14 an hour!!!!
Great experience
Advanced Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), London, ONApril 25, 2014
At 3M Canada I was brought on board to support EDI. With no experience, I learned the process then became the primary support to move EDI into the new ERP (SAP).
Productive Plant, assisted with the grand opening of 3M
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), 2751 Peddie Road, Milton, OnJuly 31, 2013
Pros: very close to home, hired my employees
Cons: extremely long hours, no appreciation, managed by a chicago team that micromanaged
As Operations Supervisor I was in charge of all shipping lanes. This included picking, and packaging product, working with inventory levels, handling dry ice materials and oversee 35 employees.
Typical day started at 6:00 am and I started by
looking over the days orders, check dock with staged product, checked orders of shipped freight from previous night, checked for error orders, check inventory levels, ran daily meeting, reviewed the agenda for the day, and advised what areas needed special attention, handle workers and conflicts, walk the floor, see who needs help, daily go and see each worker, get feedback, check orders hourly to meet shipping deadlines, process workers hours from the previous day, manage breaks, reported any mechanical breakdowns, ordered pallets

The hardest part of the job was the very long hours and lack of support from HO.
Average factory work
Line Operator (Former Employee), Brockville, ONDecember 22, 2012
Pros: 12 hour shifts
Cons: 12 hour shifts
It was easy but too repetitive. We would only shift down the line every 2 hours after a 10 minute break. Their wouldn't be any lunch breaks as well. The other workers were average, it was high school all over again.
3M
Production Assistant (Former Employee), brockvilleSeptember 22, 2012
Pros: everything
This company was the BESt. Nothing bad can be said. Everyone was great. Job was fast paced and a lot of lifting, but awesome.
not bad for a factory
Assistant Operator and Ergo Rep (Former Employee), Morden, MBSeptember 21, 2012
with out good education advancement is very limited. work is very repetitive. if you get a 3m position the and it can take many years to get 1 the benefits are good. no raises in pay except possibly close to cost of living increase

About 3M

At 3M, we pair imaginative thinking with science-based technology to create globally-renowned products. We lead scores of markets: – Read more