3M

3M Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good company with great pay for permanent employees
Data Analyst (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 20, 2014
It is great company with great pay. Excellent for permanent employees with regard to work challenge and benefits. Not so great if you are not in your own field.
Not a good place to work
former temp (Former Employee), Brockville, ONOctober 30, 2014
Pros: co-workers are very supportive
Cons: management sucks
I worked as a temp for 3 months in the tape plant. I got along great with the other employees except for the person training me. Management was very poor. My supervisor never called me by my name. It was always either sweetie or hun. The person who trained me, clearly didn't want to train anyone and was not a team player. I found myself just learning – more... by watching and if I asked a question, I would be told to do as he says. He was also a temp who has been there for 2 years and all the temps he has previously trained had been hired full-time so I assume he was bitter about that and didn't want to train anymore. When I spoke to my supervisor about the situation, I was told he would talk to him about it. 2 days later, I mentioned it again and he still hadn't spoken to him. The next day, while I was on break, I got a call from the placement agency saying that I wasn't needed anymore...while at work! I went directly to my supervisor's office and he lied to my face saying that I never went to him about the issues I was having with my co-worker.
I wouldn't recommend anyone work there unless you enjoy being treated like snot 12 hours a day for $14 an hour!!!! – less
Great experience
Advanced Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), London, ONApril 25, 2014
At 3M Canada I was brought on board to support EDI. With no experience, I learned the process then became the primary support to move EDI into the new ERP (SAP).
Great multicultural company
Marketing intern (Former Employee), Santiago de Chile, RMAugust 21, 2013
By comparing 3M sales and portfolio to its competitors I was able to present new product strategies which resulted to be very successful. I also worked on estimating sales potential of certain products and building marketing materials around them.
Productive Plant, assisted with the grand opening of 3M
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), 2751 Peddie Road, Milton, OnJuly 31, 2013
Pros: very close to home, hired my employees
Cons: extremely long hours, no appreciation, managed by a chicago team that micromanaged
As Operations Supervisor I was in charge of all shipping lanes. This included picking, and packaging product, working with inventory levels, handling dry ice materials and oversee 35 employees.
Typical day started at 6:00 am and I started by
looking over the days orders, check dock with staged product, checked orders of shipped freight from previous – more... night, checked for error orders, check inventory levels, ran daily meeting, reviewed the agenda for the day, and advised what areas needed special attention, handle workers and conflicts, walk the floor, see who needs help, daily go and see each worker, get feedback, check orders hourly to meet shipping deadlines, process workers hours from the previous day, manage breaks, reported any mechanical breakdowns, ordered pallets

The hardest part of the job was the very long hours and lack of support from HO. – less
Average factory work
Line Operator (Former Employee), Brockville, ONDecember 22, 2012
Pros: 12 hour shifts
Cons: 12 hour shifts
It was easy but too repetitive. We would only shift down the line every 2 hours after a 10 minute break. Their wouldn't be any lunch breaks as well. The other workers were average, it was high school all over again.
3M
Production Assistant (Former Employee), brockvilleSeptember 22, 2012
Pros: everything
This company was the BESt. Nothing bad can be said. Everyone was great. Job was fast paced and a lot of lifting, but awesome.
not bad for a factory
Assistant Operator and Ergo Rep (Former Employee), Morden, MBSeptember 21, 2012
with out good education advancement is very limited. work is very repetitive. if you get a 3m position the and it can take many years to get 1 the benefits are good. no raises in pay except possibly close to cost of living increase
fun workplace
Quality Inspector (Current Employee), Pittsboro, NCNovember 24, 2014
Work very well with others. 5S and other housekeeping !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
friendly atmoshere
Laborer (Former Employee), Prairie du Chien, WINovember 21, 2014
Pros: 8 hr. shifts
Cons: temporary job
worked on a line rotating jobs every 2 hrs. or so.Decent people to work with,nice management overall.learned somewhat of products 3m has to offer.
fun place with friendly co-workers
Blanket Assembler (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNNovember 21, 2014
workers treat you like family, i have really grown as a person working at this company. it is one that will put a smile to many faces in the future.
good job stable
Level 3 Electronics Technician (Former Employee), knoxville,tnNovember 13, 2014
great job i miss it very much but the job culture was so generic and detached as well as management that was fully out of touch with employees and even the job itself.
Friendly supervisors and coworkers along with excellent compensation.
Temporary Operator (Former Employee), Cottage Grove, MNNovember 11, 2014
Co-workers and Supervisors were very professional and helpful.

Took great care in promoting safety of employees.
Great company to work for.
Customer Account Analyst (Current Employee), Austin, TXNovember 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits, flexible work hours depending on your position, pay for perfomance once a year in addition to your salary.
Cons: no cons in the 19 yrs that i have been employed by them.
Very good compensation plan based on your employee appraisal. Lots of flexibility. 3M encourages employee participation in process improvement projects and rewards individuals for doing so. I have never had a supervisor who I could complain about. 3M has a a very close knit organizational culture with all divisions supporting each others product lines.
clean, safe, enjoyable, friendly workplace
Production worker (Former Employee), Valley NENovember 8, 2014
Pros: good pay, friendly, safe, clean
Cons: temporary
I enjoyed making and producing quality parts from an outstanding company. The work place was a clean and safe place to work in. Their parts are used world wide and save lives. It was great to be apart of a job force that did this. The job was only temporary and leaving coworkers that became friends was hard. All employees from operators to management – more... work hard to welcome you in and help you achieve your goals. Like every company they had a goal set for each job but did get hung up on numbers. Quality was the main concern. There were a few employee that didn't do their share of work but they were few and far between. – less
Large company, very different experiences depending where you are.
Research Engineer I (Current Employee), Maplewood, MNNovember 3, 2014
Large contract work-force creates some discomfort and discrepancy among coworkers.

Have had a mix of good and bad experiences with different managers and coworkers.

All talk revolves around work, even at coffee breaks and donuts.

Workforce is very divided by age, a heavily contracted young workforce working for no benefits and reduced pay alongside – more... a baby-boom workforce that is well-paid with great benefits. – less
Semi-productive environment at 3M but despite this, I always had a willlingness to work and move forward in any environment.
Operator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 3, 2014
Pros: greatful to have a job
Cons: i don't smoke but the people who did, they would take advantage of smoke breaks and not report back to work on time.
A typical day at work was working/monitoring the assembly line and driving a fork truck. I learned that in the midst of any environment that production still has to go on. Management was a bit less than ideal but again, I was hired to do a job and to do it well. The hardest part of the job was getting along with workers who did not want to be team players. – more... The most enjoyable part of the job was to have a job and getting paid for my services. – less
3M Brazil - Solid company
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Sumaré, SPNovember 2, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: absence of career policies
Job security is the major advantage as the company manages to keep stable despite the economic fluctuations. Salaries are compatible to the market.
fun workplase
Assistant marketing Brand Post-it (Former Employee), milano, LOMOctober 30, 2014
assistant brand Analysis of market pool and competitors;
 Monitor the weekly and monthly sales performance of the company; 
 Support in the analysis of the reference market, monitoring the competitors’ products;
 Support in the development of POP materials, brochure, leaflet, website; 
Employee relations
Supervisor, Leadership (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNOctober 28, 2014
• 10 years experience supporting employee relations needs of for large and complex organizations
• Handles highest level of confidential and complex
• Provide advice and counsel to leaders when sought out to assist with sensitive employee situations, including performance management and disciplinary actions, including terminations.
• Migrate risk for – more... co-employment concerns for staffing on-site management partnership
• Oversees compensation and salary administration programs for clients to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within the organizations.
• Assists with and makes decisions for hiring, terminations, and disciplinary action to ensure legal compliance and minimize company risk. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About 3M

At 3M, we pair imaginative thinking with science-based technology to create globally-renowned products. We lead scores of markets: – Read more