Every day, one out of every four people around the world uses a 3M product. That's because every day at 3M, our employees have one thing in mind - to help customers succeed at home, in the workplace, on the go and around the world. Our employees have an uncanny ability to see customer needs and then meet them by drawing on 3M's pool of technology.
The Construction Markets Division (CMD) of 3M is currently seeking an independent Sales Agent to join our team in the Maritimes. The Sales Agent will have both a direct sales responsibility and a strategic business development role. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Building a communications strategy to position key 3M products and technologies that serve the construction industry;
- Building strong relationships within the contractor community;
- Working in collaboration with a variety of sales teams and technical specialists to gain approval of 3M products on construction projects
The candidate for the Sales Agent role will have a demonstrated ability to influence and drive timely decisions and actions related to the application of 3M products on the job site. A proven track record of having the right attitude and aptitude for developing customer relationships combined with strong presentation and communication skills are critical to success.
Basic/ Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in construction industry and/or sales experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited University or College; specialization in building science technology is an asset.
- Trade specific training or education.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience working from within a complex work environment or complex organization.
- Work experience directly related to building envelope and-or-the construction contractor market.
- Proven experience in new business development.
- Proven ability to sell solutions
- Ability to work in both English and French languages is an asset.
As this is a sales agent position, the incumbent in this position will not be a 3M employee and will not be eligible for 3M Canada employee benefits. The sales agent will be required to have all necessary insurance coverage and 3M will require proof of same.
Apply now by email quoting SlsAgent-Maritimes in the subject line of your email to be immediately considered for this exciting 3M sales agent opportunity. We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those applications under consideration will be acknowledged.