Project Coordinators work alongside the Project Management teams to maintain accurate and up-to-date logs track responses. The role assists with the overall project and specification analysis in order to provide clear, track-able and coordinated interpretations of the design/drawings for construction. Acts as liaison with General Contractors to assist with expediting shop drawings and related information in a timely manner. Assisting the Project Manager with overall administration on several projects including Administration of contracts including Management of subcontracts, Purchase Orders, Contract Change Orders, Head Contract and Shop Drawing Control, expediting materials to site, Scopes of Works - define & monitor. Collecting, correcting and disseminating construction-related documentation and reports.
Essential Skills Include:
Estimating, Scheduling & Planning, Administration of the Change Process, Forecasting, Liaising with General Contractors and suppliers, Information Logs/Status Reports, Working Knowledge of Computers and Essential Computer Programs (Word and Excel), Safety Practices etc. Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
Minimum position requirements:
- Minimum 5 years experience in Commercial Glazing coordination/supervision
- Must have extensive knowledge of Microsoft software such as Excel, Access, Word, and Outlook.
- Preference will be given to candidates who successfully completed a post secondary education in a technical program.
- Able to work with little or no supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills both internally and externally.