District Sales Representative – Job Description
District Sales Representative
Director of Sales
The District Sales Representative will be responsible for selling corporate products or services through the achievement of opportunity-based sales quotas. The District Sales Representative will reach business targets through excellent telephone sales, outside sales and communications skills. This individual will also develop their revenue generation through the creation of sales leads, initiation of prospect calls, and establishment of ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers. Integrity, vision, and passion are essential for this role.
- Customer Focus
- Energy & Stress
- Mediating and Negotiating
- Problem Solving
- Adaptability/ Flexibility
- Result Focus
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Ethics and Integrity
- Accountability and Dependability
- Team Work
- Direct account responsibility for key accounts.
- Work within the Key Sales Performance Indicator system and participate in on-going performance reviews.
- Working with the Director of Sales, prepare account plans with target accounts, and review and update progress on a quarterly basis.
- Participate in personal development training and technical training of the product lines and customers you are servicing.
- Ensure the company maintains a high profile and professional image through active participation in industry association and trade shows.
- Participate in regular sales meetings.
- Work to eliminate obstacles that hinder productivity and promote effective sales operations. Active involvement in crisis management and operational productivity issues i.e.: out of stock, order fulfillment issues, pushing back orders, customer complaints, emergency customer visits.
- Communicate suggestions for improvement on a regular basis and participate in implementation.
- Assist in the preparation of annual sales forecasts.
- Work closely with the marketing groups to ensure the company is exceeding the expectations of its principals.
- Recommend and assist in the development of new principal relationships.
- Submit expenses using required format on a monthly basis.
- Grow existing customer accounts and relationships.
- Develop and build relationships with new accounts and develop additional contacts within existing accounts and increase market share
- Develop and execute strategies aimed at growing target accounts related to geography, market segment.
- Provide or facilitate technical assistance to customers and other Business Unit sales staff to ensure all sales activity is fully supported.
- Promote goodwill by supporting marketing initiative to create more awareness and presence in the industry.
- Keep up-to-date records on sales calls, customer contacts, and details of meetings in a timely manner in the format required.
- Prepare and present technical presentations on 3-CI’s products and services.
- Entertain clients as required.
- University or College degree preferred.
- CET preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in technical sales.
- Extensive knowledge/experience in sales.
- Extensive knowledge/experience in the industry.
- Proven experience in organizing sales calls and schedules, and evidence of detailed reporting is required.
- Competency in Sales Management Systems and Microsoft Office or equivalent.
- Exceptional skills in developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Proven track record in developing new sales and accounts.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm and self motivation.
- Must be hands on and enjoy a broad range of activities.
- Will exhibit an eagerness for contributing beyond immediate duties and getting the job done.
- Will be persuasive and will have the ability to persuade.
- Will be sufficiently mature to be able to move forward from setbacks.
- Some travel may be required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.