Responsible for supervision of machine shop production, scheduling, prototyping, materials and customer relationships.
A first line administration and customer service position involving technical and administrative duties along with direct operation.
Candidate must be experienced in handling customer requests, facilitating communication and adding bottom-line value to the Solutions department in prototyping requests. Position will involve a strong focus on scheduling jobs within ERP software, coordinating internal resources to efficiently achieve internal and external orders as well as material management and so on.
- Provide customer support by addressing any questions, problems, specific equipment requirements or requests for service.
- Record and maintain files and records of customer service requests, work or services performed, charges, expenses, inventory, and other information.
- Determine quotes for parts needed and relay them to technicians and customers.
- Prepare daily schedules and time tables for technicians.
- Answer all incoming phone calls or promptly reply to any messages left.
- Develop departmental communications on purchasing requirements
- Gather information from potential suppliers and establish relationships based on product needs
- Stay in continuous contact with suppliers; request quotes, information, etc. to determine which supplier is best suited to purchase products
- Negotiate with suppliers on price, availability of products, delivery schedules, etc.
- Ensure fulfillment of agreed upon terms when delivery occurs
- Analyze inventory needs based on sales trends and inventory levels
- Supervise, coordinate and schedule the activities of workers.
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality.
- Provide information for production plans to ensure that production objectives are met.
- Deliver prompt and efficient resolution and recovery of customer inquiries and complaints to improve overall customer satisfaction
- Develop and implement new business strategies for creating or improving processes and procedures to improve performance
- Meet regularly with department heads/business unit leaders; facilitate resolution of issues/problems between business units and/or departments
- Enhance and develop policies, procedures and service systems to meet the goals of the department
- Analyze the Customer’s concern and present options to solve their issue
- Update work orders with appropriate information to provide information more quickly and easily to Customers
- Increase worker efficiency and production rates
- Monitor and assess employee performance
- Ensure that work orders are completed in a timely fashion, within budget
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 5 years metal working experience
- 2 year lead person or supervisory experience
- CNC programming experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating