We're a Vancouver based tech start-up company looking for a User Experience Designers. We are building the next generation's professional collaborative platform packed with rich features. Being such a large scaled social platform we are in need to have a UX Designer on board to make sure our user experience is of standards.
Post Secondary education in related fields, with at least 2 years of experience in the industry. This is a Full-time position, working hours are as follow: Mon - Fri , 9am - 5pm.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Act as the user-advocate during the development process, subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing or expert review, and offering implementation suggestions from a user-centered perspective
- Initiate, suggest, and spearhead major UI re-factorings for a more intuitive user-experience
- Develop wireframes, behavioural specifications and personas
- Presenting designs to internal stakeholders and other team members
- Participate in a team environment, but can work independently on given tasks.
- Able to work under minimal guidance
- Have strong sense of responsibilities, given tasks need to be done on-time
- Willing to take on challenges
- Have passion on what you're doing
- Detail Oriented
- Reports to Lead Designer or senior Designer of the team
- Pay attention to the latest Design trends (tech, html etc. would be nice, but if not its okay)
- Have a good understanding of HTML/CSS. Any other coding languages would be beneficial
- Post Secondary qualifications in related field
Why would you consider working for a start-up?
Here are some benefits of working with us:
- We give creative freedom
- Tasks you do is always different (not those jobs that kept on repeating on the same things)
- We're slowly expanding the company, so there's plenty of room for growth
- Friendly working environment, we treat each other like one big family.
- We're located at the heart of Vancouver BC. Many pubs and restaurants around the area and is a good location for transit.
Please send your Resume along with your Portfolio to apply for this position. Applicants without a portfolio will not be considered.