24hrs is the second best read print publication, Monday through Friday, in Western Canada. We have the most readers, 18 – 49 years old, of any daily print publication in Greater Vancouver. We’ve managed to do this by providing stories that no one else does, in other words, enterprise journalism. We’re looking for a full-time multimedia reporter to deliver well-crafted news, take photographs and produce video for the web. The successful candidate will be an aggressive and clear-thinking journalist who can work with minimal supervision under strict deadlines.
Key responsibilities include:
- Research, develop and break stories
- Write and edit stories for print and web
- Shoot still photos and video
- Generate interesting story/feature ideas
- Engage in energetic use of social media
- Be proficient in using Mac computer software, ability to use Photoshop is required, InDesign skills are preferred
- Candidates should have a journalism degree or diploma
- A reliable car and a valid driver's license are essential
- Some weekend and evening shifts are required as part of this position
- Be able to produce three to four items of varying size per day
- Minimum five years experience
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Interested applicants should send their resume, a cover letter and three samples of your work no later than Wednesday, July 30th, 2014.